HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton 1st

Old
04-27-2013, 09:35 PM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrenR View Post
I think that Gagner is not traded unless a big center is involved. Also I would be thinking that RNH's surgery would keep him out for the start of the season? (Please correct me if I am mistaken)
If it is a full 6 month recovery time he will like miss the first 3-4 weeks of the season.

Tough to say though, everyone heals and trains differently, but I expect him to miss at least a couple weeks.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
RealityandHabs

If this pick moves into the top 5, I don't believe Oilers pick drops in lottery. It will only go higher. Doubt, MacTavish will trade it if in top 5. Too Many Ready Now Players, which Oilers just love

RealityandHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityandHabs View Post
If this pick moves into the top 5, I don't believe Oilers pick drops in lottery. It will only go higher. Doubt, MacTavish will trade it if in top 5. Too Many Ready Now Players, which Oilers just love
Oilers will pick 7th unless they win the lottery (4.6% chance) and pick first, or someone behind them (12.3%) wins it and they pick 8th. No other way it shakes down.

If they somehow miraculously won the lottery there is no way they would trade that pick. I think they could trade the 7 or 8 though. It probably depends on who is available on draft day at the spot.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Lessy

Based on the last few drafts the trades involving picks in that range have netted Jeff Carter and Jordan Staal. Mind you something relatively significant was added to the pick (Voracek and Sutter/Domoulin). Basically the equivalent of a player like Sam Gagner from the Oilers. So Gagner and the Oilers 1st gets you a Carter/Staal type.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:11 AM
oilwings

If the Oilers win the lottery then keep the pick. If not Oilers 1st pick (7th?) to the Kings for Bernier and LA 2nd pick.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:06 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
If the Oilers win the lottery then keep the pick. If not Oilers 1st pick (7th?) to the Kings for Bernier and LA 2nd pick.
We do not want draft picks coming back . How do you not get that ? Also we will run with DD and add a cheap back up . At this point i do not see Bernier as being any better then DD . He may end up better , but look at LA Defence and tell me how DD would fair there . I was for adding Ben Bishop to push DD , but that was for a 2nd rd pick with a small plus .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Why would we do that? Dubie is just as proven - if not more so - than Bernier. Dubie's sv% is right there with Bernier, his GAA would be much better if he had the Kings playing in front of him instead of our team.

As for potential deals involving the pick, it's gotta be in a package for a 2/3 Dman or bigger forward. Some suggestions:

7th overall, Paajarvi, Lander for James Neal (not sure PIT would consider this as fair value, nor the complete details of Neal's NTC and whether he'd waive, nor whether PIT would do a futures trade at the draft 2 years in a row, more wishful thinking and the hope drafting Nichushkin to play with Malkin would be enough incentive).

7th overall, Petry for Hedman. I'm sure we'd hear much the same story of "one of the big 4 going the other way or GTFO," but I think it's a pretty fair offer. Even if Tampa does the likely move of compliance buyout of Brian Lee, they are still at 59.8 mil and needing to sign Aulie (probably gets 1 mil) as well as a 7th D (league min) and 4 depth forwards. That would bring them to roughly 63.5-64 mil, with the exact same team that led them to the 3rd worst record in the league. Not saying the answer is trading your # 1 defenceman, but it would net the greatest return for a team with a lot of holes. Might be more likely if they won the lottery and drafted Jones.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Tripod

with Edmonton picking in the top 8 for sure, if they want to trade the pick, there will be no shortage of teams will ing to trade for it if the price is right.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Was reading that the Oilers brass is consider trading their first , which is 7th OA
Looking for offers on this pick . Keep in mind we do not want draft picks coming back other wise we might as well keep our pick .

This is a deal best suited to a cap strap team . WE NEED USEFULLY PLAYERS NOW . So if your team is up against the cap lets hear your offers . Also we are not looking for 35 year old players and if the are RFA we must have a contract in place first . 1 year until UFA does not interested us

Oilers needs are , size , grit , D . Other pieces available is Hemsky any of our bottom 6 , prospects , out side of Klefbom . I also think we will be going forward with Gagner , so he is not available unless a 2 C is coming back
Travis Moen comes to mind as the type of player you suggest that Edmonton might be looking for. As in, a veteran who can play an honest game 5 on 5, help out on the PK, and generally stabilize the bottom 6. Also, he's 31 and signed for three more years at 1.85 M. Unfortunately he hasn't really meshed with the new coaching staff.

Of course I am not proposing Moen for the 7th overall. Even if the premise of the deal would be the 7th overall for a lower 1st round pick and a package that adds immediate NHL depth, I'm not sure there's a deal to be made. Emelin or Diaz would have to be bundled up as well, but they're both UFA after next season. Not sure the Habs really have the luxury of being able to trade away NHL defencemen anyway.

Leaving aside the 7th overall, I think Moen might be available, and he might be a good fit for what you suggest the Oilers are looking for.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:29 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souffle View Post
Travis Moen comes to mind as the type of player you suggest that Edmonton might be looking for. As in, a veteran who can play an honest game 5 on 5, help out on the PK, and generally stabilize the bottom 6. Also, he's 31 and signed for three more years at 1.85 M. Unfortunately he hasn't really meshed with the new coaching staff.

Of course I am not proposing Moen for the 7th overall. Even if the premise of the deal would be the 7th overall for a lower 1st round pick and a package that adds immediate NHL depth, I'm not sure there's a deal to be made. Emelin or Diaz would have to be bundled up as well, but they're both UFA after next season. Not sure the Habs really have the luxury of being able to trade away NHL defencemen anyway.

Leaving aside the 7th overall, I think Moen might be available, and he might be a good fit for what you suggest the Oilers are looking for.
Moen is worth like a 3rd round pick and adding in Emelin or Diaz is not goint t get you the 7th over all pick.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:48 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
What... this almost as bad as Moen being a center piece in a deal for the pick... Bernier is not worth even close that... he is the new Schneider (backup who is a backup into late 20s and depreciates in value every year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
with Edmonton picking in the top 8 for sure, if they want to trade the pick, there will be no shortage of teams will ing to trade for it if the price is right.
Would be similar to the Jeff Carter trade I guess.. but Oilers probably shoot for a D... so I don't know

What D can the Oilers return with 7th/8th pick, Paajarvi and a 2nd/3rd...

Yandle: Probably I would guess... lets Yotes add a skill forward in deept draft and another young winger...

Shattenkirk: Doubt it just because Blues have not been as successful with D picks as they have F... Bouwmeester Pietrangelo Polak Jackman is alright but definitely weaker... can Cole Russell turn the corner into consistent puck movers... that would be the question

Del Zotto: Probably again I would guess (although Rangers fans think he is worth Eberle lol)

Bogosian: Again like Blues I don't think they do this... Byfuglien and Enstrom is a good pairing but it goes downhill after that... I guess if they think Trouba can step in and be replacement it's worth the risk... but I think they might just turn around and use the pick on D anyway so don't see the point for them

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:25 PM
jmoss45

For the 7th pick, i'd want Hanzal. Big, physical 2-way guy who would look unreal next to yak for years to come.

Other than that, not much interest in moving the pick.

PHX will want too much for Yandle. I'd also like Lucic, but not at the cost of this pick.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:11 AM
shiva

Oilers could trade up a couple spots as well. MacKinnon and Barkov would fill the greatest need, and one of the teams in the 3-4 spot may want a defense man instead, like Nurse, who should be available or that Russian winger. The Oilers certainly have the resources in draft picks and players to do so and make a trade happen.

shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Iceonfire

I think it depends on what players are available when we pick. And also if people really want to move up.

Monahan, Lindholm and Barkov fill a need for the Oil. But at the same time I could see them trading for a later pick and taking Lazar.

Iceonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:27 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
I think the Oil would prefer to fill one of their needs (big center, top pair d-man) rather than deal their pick for a goalie when goaltending was in the top half of the NHL this year.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:43 AM
BowDangles

I agree, Edmonton will more than likely not be trading the pick for a goalie. Judging by the trade deadline this year, specifically Ben Bishop, the Oilers are looking for that young guy to challenge Dubnyk but were only willing to give up a player like Ryan Jones and a 3rd or something...

Can not see them trading away their 1st for Bernier... I don't think he carries the value to return a top 10 pick..

I would how ever like them to package either Gagner or MPS with the 7th overall and get a good defence man in return.

Defence has and will be the Oilers biggest problem moving forward until MacTavish makes one of his "bold" moves to fix it..

BowDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Something around EDM 1st for Lucic ?

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Something around EDM 1st for Lucic ?
I love this deal and I hate it at the same time...

It depends on which Lucic is going to show up in Edmonton:

1.) The dominant, best power forward in the league with a very gritty side to him
or
2.) The looks tired, lack of motivation player we have seen for the majority of this year.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Nazem To Kessel

Edm 1st for Gardiner, Frattin, 1st

Nazem To Kessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 03:24 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafs81 View Post
....really? *looks up the old Gardiner trade proposals requiring nothing less than 3 1st rounders coming back for him*

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Nazem To Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
....really? *looks up the old Gardiner trade proposals requiring nothing less than 3 1st rounders coming back for him*
i think edm would have to add maybe a piece nothing too big though

Nazem To Kessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:00 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafs81 View Post
Done in a heartbeat. Oilers then select Hartman

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:53 PM
BowDangles

I think a package of MPS, 7th overall and a 2nd can land Edmonton a pretty good piece. Looking back at the Jeff Carter, Mike Richards and Jordan Staal deals..

Old
04-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Keenan87

To Oilers:
Mark Giordano
Blues 1st 2013

To Flames:
Oilers 1st 2013

Keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Iceonfire

MacT had said today that they are open to moving down in the draft.

It is obvious that they want Lazar. But it also doesn't make sense to use the 7th overall to take him.

Would anyone in the 10-16 range be willing to move up? And what would the trade be?

Iceonfire is online now   Reply With Quote