HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
what a ****ing joke

give better news

**** that man

Old
04-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
what a ****ing joke

give better news

**** that man
You're surprised? lol

They're the New York Rangers, status Quo is at it's peak. Torts doesnt want info about his guys going around.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:30 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Marc Staal continued to practice with the team as he tries to work his way back from a major eye injury sustained in early March. Staal's conditioning and on-ice play look stronger by the day, and he got quite the workout Monday defending against the Rangers top power play unit in the second part of practice.

"I haven't written myself off," Staal said of possibly playing at some point against in the Capitals series. "As of right now I have not made a decision one way or the other. Just every day I get more work in and try and improve and get ready."

Staal is making sure he does not take any shortcuts and does not rush back from this serious injury, especially because each game---each shift, really---is so important in the playoffs.

"I want to make sure I'm confident and comfortable on the ice to play in a playoff game," explained Staal. "I am working hard to get there as fast as I can."
http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/31...r#.UX7KchxnA3U

Old
04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Can't catch a break. Worst possible news on all three fronts.
Gosh, I'd hate to see how people react if we actually got a bad update.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Affinity

Well it's good to know that his conditioning is up to par at least.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:49 PM
TankLarkin

Gut it out for Round 1. Imagine the lift to get even two of the four back for Series 2.

Old
goalsequalvictory

vCash: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Agreed, I don't see what the histrionics are about, Dorsett is on schedule, Staal is playing against the PP in practice and says he's getting better by the day and hasn't ruled out a return for the caps series, and given how much you all complain about Boyle during the regular season, shouldn't you be glad that he's out?
Only bad news is Clowe, but we know nothing, for all we know he could be playing thursday, torts mentioned over the weekend that he saw Clowe as a factor in the playoffs, and we haven't seen anything since then to deny that.

Old
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Those are some very bad updates. We know there's no permanent damage to Staal's eye. We know Dorsett is close, it's just a matter of his clavicle healing fully. We know Clowe sustained either a lower-body injury or a concussion.

Sounds like none of them will be ready in time for Game 1. I don't know what you call it, but I consider it the antithesis of 'good'.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Those are the worst possible updates we could've gotten. We know there's no permanent damage to Staal's eye. We know Dorsett is close, it's just a matter of his clavicle healing fully. We know Clowe sustained either a lower-body injury or a concussion.

Sounds like none of them will be ready in time for Game 1. That's a bad update.
I think the worst possible news we could have gotten would be that they're all just going to sit out for the season. Staal and Dorsett sound reasonable to come back some point in the Caps series.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
goalsequalvictory

Quote:
Those are some very bad updates. We know there's no permanent damage to Staal's eye. We know Dorsett is close, it's just a matter of his clavicle healing fully. We know Clowe sustained either a lower-body injury or a concussion.

Sounds like none of them will be ready in time for Game 1. I don't know what you call it, but I consider it the antithesis of 'good'.
Bad update:
Staal has regressed in his vision and is out for the season, Clowe has a Crosby esque concussion and is out for the season, Dorsett reinjured his clavicle and is out for the season, and Boyle is out for the season as well.

That's what the level of complaining in this thread is reserved for, and is what I'd call a bad update.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I think the worst possible news we could have gotten would be that they're all just going to sit out for the season. Staal and Dorsett sound reasonable to come back some point in the Caps series.
I edited my post within 30 to change some of the wording to avoid this kind of reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalsequalvictory View Post
Bad update:
Staal has regressed in his vision and is out for the season, Clowe has a Crosby esque concussion and is out for the season, Dorsett reinjured his clavicle and is out for the season, and Boyle is out for the season as well.

That's what the level of complaining in this thread is reserved for, and is what I'd call a bad update.
1) Unless Staal got hit by another puck, his vision isn't going to magically regress. That's an update we were never going to receive. Within the bounds of reality, Staal not making progress in regards to depth perception and blurriness is bad news.

2) That might as well be the case with Clowe, considering the front office is so tight lipped about his injury. If he was going to be a few games, I imagine they'd come out and say so. Not good news.

3) Dorsett hasn't been cleared for contact so there's no reason to expect such an update. Again, considering what the fans could've realistically expected today, bad news on all accounts.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Pizza

Now we will argue weather or not the updates were bad or not, ha, ha. I love our crazy Rangers family.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
goalsequalvictory

Quote:
I edited my post within 30 to change some of the wording to avoid this kind of reply.

1) Unless Staal got hit by another puck, his vision isn't going to magically regress. That's an update we were never going to receive. Within the bounds of reality, Staal not making progress in regards to depth perception and blurriness is bad news.

2) That might as well be the case with Clowe, considering the front office is so tight lipped about his injury. If he was going to be a few games, I imagine they'd come out and say so. Not good news.

3) Dorsett hasn't been cleared for contact so there's no reason to expect such an update. Again, considering what the fans could've realistically expected today, bad news on all accounts.
OK, Obviously that was a little extreme, but you have to look at what was realistically expected. This seems like everything's going to plan, with Staal and Dorsett being close, Clowe and Boyle more long term. I might be missing something, but I don't see the bombshell like what I pointed out above that would make people so upset.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Now we will argue weather or not the updates were bad or not, ha, ha. I love our crazy Rangers family.
Nothing else to do for 3 days!

Old
04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalsequalvictory View Post
OK, Obviously that was a little extreme, but you have to look at what was realistically expected. This seems like everything's going to plan, with Staal and Dorsett being close, Clowe and Boyle more long term. I might be missing something, but I don't see the bombshell like what I pointed out above that would make people so upset.
It's certainly not a bombshell, it's just disappointing. Was hoping the Thursday start would help the Rangers field a more complete lineup from game 1, but it looks like that's not the case.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I just can't get over the irony over it being Bobby ****ing Sanguinetti who gave him the concussion.

Then again, Eric gave Marc a concussion, so I guess nothing is outside of the realm of possibility with the Rangers.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I just can't get over the irony over it being Bobby ****ing Sanguinetti who gave him the concussion.
Yeah.. what's the big deal, I thought he was a huge Rangers fan and now he's giving Rangers players concussions?

Old
04-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Yeah.. what's the big deal, I thought he was a huge Rangers fan and now he's giving Rangers players concussions?
The big deal is that he is our very own draft bust. (Not as big a deal as Huge Specimen, but still.)

Old
04-29-2013, 03:31 PM
egelband

rangers pretty snakebit with concussions...damn

Old
04-29-2013, 03:33 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

If no news is good news, what is news that isn't bad? Super good news??

Old
04-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Riverdale

So how does this concussion affect Clowe's potential resigning?

Old
04-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
So how does this concussion affect Clowe's potential resigning?
I'd imagine it's not good for him and his agent in terms of negotitions.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Tomorrow, they'll tell us that Staal is likely for game 1, Clowe was just taking a maintenance day and Dorsett is cleared for contact.

And Rangers fans will start claiming the Stanley Cup. Those are the extremes of this board... and why I hate GDTs.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:19 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Do we know if Staal's blurred vision is permanent? Because that would seriously suck. Berard 2.0.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
04-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Not true. Staal's vision could absolutely regress. Healing eyes don't necessarily stabilize with better vision. I had a situation where my eye was healing, and through the process my vision became worse, not better. So it isn't "magical" at all to think his vision could regress. The eye is a funny, complex organ, and vision stabilization is not always in the direction we want it to be.

Closed Thread