HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
04-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Gustave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The difference is a concussed Halpern and the fact Gionta couldn't lift a ****ing puck in OT. GAH
Ryder stopping a Plekanec shot in a totally abandonned net.

Chills down my spine.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:04 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Guys, the sens troll are out full-force in the Playoff board. They already pisses me off. Anderson is god, Karlson should win the norris every season, they have the best team in the nhl, etc...

**** them. We just need to destroy them.
I give a lot of credit to the sens for making the playoffs despite injury, but the habs are gonna destroy them, injuries or not.

Fact is the habs have been good for at least 40 games out of 48. They got their drive back, as expected, just in time for the playoffs.

Just can't wait for the "accueillons nos canadiens" thursday night. The players are gonna be on fire.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:05 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post

Chills down my spine.
Just thinking about that single play gives me a mini adrenaline rush lol. How frustrating can a series play out sometimes.

Gotta love the playoffs!

Old
04-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Bobby G

Bryan Murray said it would be a miracle if Spezza is back for round 1

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:08 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby G View Post
He said that so when he comes back in round 1, people are gonna claim a miracle happened.

Mind games already!

Old
04-29-2013, 04:10 PM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:
If Gionta scores that goal.. Price doesn't get scored on in OT and we go up 3-0.

The series turning point was -right- there. Thomas was down and out and Gionta choked.

You do know the goaltender is not the only reason for every loss, right?
He choked? Thomas made an outrageous save.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
zzoo

This really surprises me: Pax has never played in playoffs.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Guys, the sens troll are out full-force in the Playoff board. They already pisses me off. Anderson is god, Karlson should win the norris every season, they have the best team in the nhl, etc...

**** them. We just need to destroy them.
I guess things escalated when Whiskeyseven called Anderson a "career backup". lol

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Thomas clearly outplayed Price. He was the Conn Smythe winner. Your memory of hockey history is less than weak, it's non-existent.

I can guarantee you that there will be multiple series won because one goaltender stepped up and made timely or spectacular saves and one didn't. It's been this way in every year of NHL history. The goaltender is the single largest difference maker in hockey.
Thomas's winning the Conn Smythe is irrelevant. Price played only one round, in which he held his own while playing for a crippled team. the absence of Markov and Pacioretty affected the outcome but I didn't see Thomas outplaying Price, clearly or otherwise. If he had, his 1st place team shouldn't have taken 7 games to eliminate an 8th place team.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:18 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
The way I see it, he might turn out to be a clutch playoff beast.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
I give a lot of credit to the sens for making the playoffs despite injury, but the habs are gonna destroy them, injuries or not.

Fact is the habs have been good for at least 40 games out of 48. They got their drive back, as expected, just in time for the playoffs.

Just can't wait for the "accueillons nos canadiens" thursday night. The players are gonna be on fire.
I respect your optimism and confidence but I can't see how Habs are gonna "destroy" the Sens.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Karlsson was one of the stars last night but I'd have to say he looked slow and was a turnover machine at times. I wish I counted the number of offsides that occurred at the Boston blueline while he had the puck. Hopefully the matchup gives us an advantage until Karlsson catches up with his game.
I've never seen much of him. Looking forward to seeing how good he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Not a fan of knowing Carey Price will have gone 1 week between starts... I really don't understand why they sat him on saturday.

On the bright side, the additional practice time may allow him to work out some kinks in his technique.
Didn't understand it either. But yeah, the break should help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Easily Anderson has been lights out over Price. This is make or break for Carey. Habs have home ice advantage potentially for the first two rounds. He cannot lose this series to Ottawa and still be the Habs future goalie. After 300+ games, time to play to the potential many have talked about.
The more games you play the harder it is to maintain. If Price had played the same number of games as Anderson, his season looks a lot better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Sorry folks but Price is NOT a better goalie than Anderson. At least not this year

Anderson on his game was better than Price on his game for pretty much the whole season. Just look at the stats , they don't lie on this one. I'm not saying Anderson won't crap the bed or that Price won't rebound but as of now i give the goalie edge to the Sens.
He absolutely is a better goalie. Anderson is hotter than Price but you're out of your mind if you think any team in the league would trade Price for Anderson.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:40 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
I respect your optimism and confidence but I can't see how Habs are gonna "destroy" the Sens.
Outplaying them night after night is what I meant. Plus it was intentionally overconfident to boost us. Playoffs = emotions

Old
04-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
The Eller line better get more than 10 minutes per game... Hope Therrien doesn't **** it all up.
Yup, if Galchenyuk doesn't see good ice I'm going to lose my ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Neil is faster, bigger, has a better shot, is a better scorer and is a better fighter. He can be a regular third line player and can play on the top 2 lines if needed.

Prust is a very good 4th line player...
Tinordi will help too. Nice to have him in the lineup now.
Quote:
Thomas clearly outplayed Price. He was the Conn Smythe winner. Your memory of hockey history is less than weak, it's non-existent.

I can guarantee you that there will be multiple series won because one goaltender stepped up and made timely or spectacular saves and one didn't. It's been this way in every year of NHL history. The goaltender is the single largest difference maker in hockey.
These kinds of posts make me roll my eyes... Price was just as good as Thomas was. He was spectacular and yet some folks actually blame him for losing the series? Thomas himself said that Price was the best goalie he had to face. We easily could've won that series if our forwards had buried one extra puck. - But it's Price's fault?

If that doesn't underscore what's wrong with Montreal fans I don't know what does.
Quote:
Spezza is a Hab killer. We'd better hope he's out.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:16 PM
BlackStar

I don't know why you guys continue to put up with Agnostic, he's a lost soul

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:21 PM
BLONG7

Gotta give huge props to the Sens this season, losing key players for most of the season and they still made the playoffs...Maclean should get the Jack Adams...

Still think the Habs will win in 6 games!!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:53 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
He choked? Thomas made an outrageous save.
LOL no.

Watch the replay.. the puck basically spun into Thomas' chest. Gionta flubbed it.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:05 PM
WeThreeKings

I forgot how annoying the Sens fans are...

Old
04-29-2013, 06:12 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Lines at practice today had White/Moen on the 4th line with Prust according to HIO. Halpern/Armstrong as extras. Is Halpern injured because otherwise he should be at 4C and not White.
Great to hear that Therrien is going with White and Moen instead of Halpern and Armstrong.

White played a hell of a game and was at 50% on faceoffs and Moen looked like all he needed was a little rest.

Ottawa has Neil and Smith. No reason at all to leave Prust alone to handle those two as they will be playing a physical game against our skill.

Neil showed how to handle and defuse a pissed off Lucic. Hopefully someone on the Habs watched how its done so they can return the favor to Neil.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:14 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Great to hear that Therrien is going with White and Moen instead of Halpern and Armstrong.

White played a hell of a game and was at 50% on faceoffs and Moen looked like all he needed was a little rest.

Ottawa has Neil and Smith. No reason at all to leave Prust alone to handle those two as they will be playing a physical game against our skill.

Neil showed how to handle and defuse a pissed off Lucic. Hopefully someone on the Habs watched how its done so they can return the favor to Neil.
Yeah, we need White to neuter Neil so we don't have to deal with his antics. Quiet down Neil, key in on Karlsson and pressure Gonchar. That should be the goal of the Habs.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
I forgot how annoying the Sens fans are...
Every fanbase has annoying fans.

But I will say this. I have a few friends on facebook who are Ottawa fans. They talk **** all the time, and I think it bothers them that I don't give it back. Truth is, Ottawa has always been pretty irrelevant to me. All my hate/focus has always gone to the following 3 in order: 1..Boston 2..Toronto..3..Philadelphia. I just never really bothered with the Sens, and I think it bothers them that I don't give them the same attention. Truth is, I couldn't care less.

I'm sure that could always change with this series, but I don't know. Personally, when it comes to rivalries and hatred/emotion, the main word that has always described the Sens for me is "irrelevant."

Now, I'm sure that will sit well with Sens fans on here who happen to read that. Oh well, it's how I feel.

04-29-2013, 06:17 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Every fanbase has annoying fans.

But I will say this. I have a few friends on facebook who are Ottawa fans. They talk **** all the time, and I think it bothers them that I don't give it back. Truth is, Ottawa has always been pretty irrelevant to me. All my hate/focus has always gone to the following 3 in order: 1..Boston 2..Toronto..3..Philadelphia. I just never really bothered with the Sens, and I think it bothers them that I don't give them the same attention. Truth is, I couldn't care less.

I'm sure that could always change with this series, but I don't know. Personally, when it comes to rivalries and hatred/emotion, the main word that has always described the Sens for me is "irrelevant."

Now, I'm sure that will sit well with Sens fans on here who happen to read that. Oh well, it's how I feel.
Wholeheartedly agree. Irrelevant.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Not a huge fan of the layoff before Game 1 but guys like Markov and Prust could definitely use the time off.
Exactly. We don't like to wait but resting Markov and Prust is what really counts (I like it!!).

go habs go!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:31 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
As of this morning, the MTL games are not sold out according to TSN690.
I'm sure there might be single seats available - there usually are (and probably none in the reds - I'm going alone to game 5 and got my ticket for that game in the first 15 mins), but no way in hell you find two seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You think Anderson has shown more than Price ? Price is the better goalies no matter how you put it Anderson got the Halak treatment... No real dangerous shots
Hahaha, yeah no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
I wish these lazy ****ing hockey players would play their hearts out all year and actually earn the money they make.. instead of just dogging it like so many guys do.

We should win the cup if everyone puts in a gallagher galchenyuk eller type of game.
The team played pretty hard the last two games and oh for about 35 games prior to that. It's the playoffs and I don't think this team is going to do anything BUT go all out. Mistakes are one thing, but I'm not worried about effort. Except for Ryder. We'll see. Contract year so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Forget about Lupul guys. Bryan Murray is doing a very good job of motivation for our team by saying, just a few minutes ago, that:

"The Canadiens are an old franchise that they would like to knock off, and that they finally get the chance to do so"

AND

"The Canadiens are an ideal matchup for the Sens. We wanted to get them and get out of that 8th spot."

Keep 'em coming, you old senile idiot
Wow, did he learn nothing from the Lupul thing. What a moron. Lupul's comment's were not NEARRRLY as offensive/motivating as Murray's. He's a good GM, but time to shove it in droopy dog's face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post

Chills down my spine.
That, in fact, WAS the moment when we lost an almost guaranteed series win. Ryder better have some more tricks up his sleeve now that he's back with us.

Quote:
Remember when Karlsson wasn't even going to be playing the start of next season?
First I felt bad for them and Murray and even understood Melnyk's rage cuz it was Cooke. Then, all of a sudden (two weeks before playoffs), Karlsson is back, Michalek too, Cowen (sposed to be gone for the season) as well. I don't know what is going on with them, but it feels like they bs about their injuries ACTIVELY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
That is pretty nuts and I imagine it doesn't really sink in with most of us. This is why I'm hoping that he's not just a useless point picker-upper (of late), but a dominant scoring force. I'm sure he is going to take it to the next level.

--

So far, everyone has the Sens as the favourites and it's the Anderson/Karlsson show. Not a surprise. In a sense, we are, again the underdogs, just like at the beginning of last year. We will prove them wrong again. I think Habs in 6 if Price is 2011 playoff Price or the Price from his last start.

GO HABS GO!!!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:38 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Exactly. We don't like to wait but resting Markov and Prust is what really counts (I like it!!).

go habs go!!
Lots of people wanted them to rest against the Leafs.

NE Champs regards.......

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote