HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE)

Old
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
LiquidSnake*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Yep, I'm well aware. The Canucks are too rich for me, hence why I rarely go to games.

Luckily for them, they exist in a rich market.
I'm not so sure that's going to last. They lowered the price next year and I'm guessing there's going to be much less renewals next season.

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Ticket and concession prices are totally out of control. The lockout still stinging people. I am not surprised by this at all. Add to the fact that HDTV now offers an enjoyable alternative to actually going to games. Maybe if ticket prices were more reasonable and it didn't cost me $10 for a small glass of flat draft then I would be going. Until then I will stick with my 60in HDTV, 7.2 surround sound setup, fresh beer for a fraction of the cost and good friends. I always feel ripped off after going to games. This season was a real revaluation for me. I swore of all games in protest to the lockout and in doing so it actually enlightened me to just how over hyped and overpriced it is going to games. I had so much extra spending money this season!
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm a huge Canucks fan, but watching them live really isn't all it's cracked up to be. They try to make it sound like it's the most exciting thing ever, with their 'You've gotta be here" commercials and whatnot, but it's generally a load of crap.

Half the games are dull as hell to watch, and playoff games are priced astronomically. It's ridiculous. It's not like you're even paying for the great atmosphere, because there's none. If the Canucks are tied or down a goal the place is a library. I'll save my hundreds/thousands of dollars, thanks. I'd rather take a vacation somewhere sunny instead.

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Pure West

It looks like finally people are clueing in....that these tickets are waaaayyy too overpriced. With a downturn in the housing market already underway, don't be surprised if the overall economy takes a hit and we see that sellout streak snap in the next year or 2.

The fans here are phenomenal, there's no doubt about it and this doesn't suggest in any way that we have poor fans. The TV ratings, the sellout streaks, the jerseys you see around town and the fact that people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars to see a scoreless tie against Columbus in February to a game with no atmosphere Everyone has a price....finally the tickets were priced above the level of demand. Maybe they'll drop the price next year..great news or fans.

Pure West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:33 PM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm a huge Canucks fan, but watching them live really isn't all it's cracked up to be. They try to make it sound like it's the most exciting thing ever, with their 'You've gotta be here" commercials and whatnot, but it's generally a load of crap.

Half the games are dull as hell to watch, and playoff games are priced astronomically. It's ridiculous. It's not like you're even paying for the great atmosphere, because there's none. If the Canucks are tied or down a goal the place is a library. I'll save my hundreds/thousands of dollars, thanks. I'd rather take a vacation somewhere sunny instead.
You're not alone, bro. I think a lot of people are starting to realize just how ridiculous it's become. Seriously, this season I had so much extra spending cash. It really made me stop and think about how much money I was giving the Canucks and I really wasn't getting much in return.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:33 PM
thebigbea

I paid 3500ea for game 7 finals... Wish I didn't go..

thebigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Alexistheman

Paid less this year than I did 3 years ago for better seats. No complaints here, go on stubhub if you're looking for tickets, cheaper than ticketmaster. However, all of those tickets will be gone too, once the date/opposition is confirmed.

Alexistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Personally I've had no interest in wasting money on the first round because I don't think our team is really that good. I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars for low end seats to watch a boring team only show up for half the game. I was furious with how we played in the first round last year and felt that I really got ripped off and vowed never to make that mistake again. The team didn't do anything to really improve from last year, so why would the result be any different? I think the majority of fans in Vancouver have the same mindset. If ticket prices were even 25% cheaper I'm sure it would be sold out already, but as it stands $150 for an average upper bowl ticket is absolutely ridiculous.

04-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbea View Post
I paid 3500ea for game 7 finals... Wish I didn't go..
Wow, you got ripped off...I sat in the club seats for $1,250 a ticket the day of the game...I don't regret it because I know what its like to see us win live (went to the gold medal game) and would gladly pay again if we have a chance to win the Cup this year (don't regret flying to Boston for game 6 either).

In regards to regular season games, I realized when I had season tickets that there are a ton of crap games...I gave the tickets up two years ago and only paid for three regular season games that year and none this year. If we have a good run this playoffs, I will likely go to 5 to 10 games including any home game 7 and any game, any place, where we could win the Cup.

Last edited by 604: 04-28-2013 at 07:15 PM.
604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Verviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Wow, you got ripped off...I sat in the club seats for $1,250 a ticket the day of the game...I don't regret it because I know what its like to see us win live (went to the gold medal game) and would gladly pay again if we have a chance to win the Cup this year (don't regret flying to Boston for game 6 either).

In regards to regular season games, I realized when I had season tickets that there are a ton of crap games...I gave the tickets up two years ago and only paid for three regular season games that year and none this year. If we have a good run this playoffs, I will likely go to 5 to 10 games including any home game 7 and any game, any place, where we could win the Cup.
how much did you pay for the gmg?

Verviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
how much did you pay for the gmg?
$1,100, in the upper bowl (family section). I ran down and managed to get in the Gold Medal group picture which is a great souvenir.

Basically worked out as pretty much swapping a CAN vs RUS lowerbowl ticket for a gold medal upperbowl ticket (same price).

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
I'll be selling off my R1 GM5, R2 GM2, and R2 GM7 tickets if anyone's interested. All upper bowl, price and seating depends on which game you want!

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:25 AM
VanCanucks14

I read somewhere that our starting price for tickets is the most expensive in the league for the playoffs(even more than Toronto's). That's ridiculous if true.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:29 AM
baxtefer

I have a pair of R1 Game 5 tickets available. Section 326, Row 13.
$225 for the pair.

Last edited by baxtefer: 04-30-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: lowered price
baxtefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I'll be selling off my R1 GM5, R2 GM2, and R2 GM7 tickets if anyone's interested. All upper bowl, price and seating depends on which game you want!
I thought you were all stoked on going??

WHAT HAPPENED TAELIN.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks14 View Post
I read somewhere that our starting price for tickets is the most expensive in the league for the playoffs(even more than Toronto's). That's ridiculous if true.
Don't think so, because we start off at around $130, and they start at $450 apparently.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I thought you were all stoked on going??

WHAT HAPPENED TAELIN.
I am, but only to game one. Can't afford to go to $1300 worth of games, so I'm selling the rest.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:00 PM
wkt4

I'm going to my first game in game 2 and buying them off craigslist. Is there anyway to tell if they're fake? Should I ask them for any piece of ID, etc..? Thanks

wkt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkt4 View Post
I'm going to my first game in game 2 and buying them off craigslist. Is there anyway to tell if they're fake? Should I ask them for any piece of ID, etc..? Thanks
Are they a season ticket holder? If so, get them to show you their Canucks card, and probably their STH booklet too. Ask for ID like driver's licence.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:24 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks14 View Post
Toronto's cheapest ticket for round 1 is $56.75.

Vancouver's cheapest ticket? $133.00.

Those are the ticketmaster prices by the way. I'm sure on average, the Leafs prices are higher, but the Canucks have to be right there with them amongst the most expensive in the league.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
I think I got tickets to Game 2, not sure if the family is going through with it or not yet.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
I think I got tickets to Game 2, not sure if the family is going through with it or not yet.
Whereabouts?

Old
04-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Toronto's cheapest ticket for round 1 is $56.75.

Vancouver's cheapest ticket? $133.00.

Those are the ticketmaster prices by the way. I'm sure on average, the Leafs prices are higher, but the Canucks have to be right there with them amongst the most expensive in the league.
I'm positive that the Canucks have the most expensive "cheapest" ticket prices in the league.

Toronto and Motreal surpass the Canucks on average because of the higher-end tickets but their cheaper tickets are cheaper than Vancouver's.

Just A Bit Outside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Scheme

SELLING
Round 1, Game 1 Tickets
Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Opponent: San Jose Sharks
Number of Seats: 2

$125/seat, $250 for the pair - believe this is waaay below Ticketmaster value. PM me ASAP for quick sale thanks. Hard tickets, can show proof of season ticket ownership, etc. Can also be vouched for by a couple of people on HF who have purchased from me before.

Scheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:19 PM
thebigbea

That's alot of empty seats in the lower bowl.. I wonder if Canucks will give discount on them... No way Canucks will leave them empty, gonna look really bad

thebigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Everybody calm down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheme View Post
SELLING
Round 1, Game 1 Tickets
Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Opponent: San Jose Sharks
Number of Seats: 2

$125/seat, $250 for the pair - believe this is waaay below Ticketmaster value. PM me ASAP for quick sale thanks. Hard tickets, can show proof of season ticket ownership, etc. Can also be vouched for by a couple of people on HF who have purchased from me before.
Your user name isn't exactly filling me with confidence or security right now.

Change your name to Rainbow-Pony-McFluffyclouds and we'll talk...

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote