HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Marian Gaborik to Columbus for Brassard, J. Moore and Dorsett

Old
04-29-2013, 02:38 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
This trade is looking really bad for Columbus so far. They traded for Gabby to push them over the edge and into the playoffs. Instead Gabby goes out flat in the final games of the season and they miss. They have almost no chance to resign him and (correct me if I'm wrong) he has one year left. If he doesn't produce next year his trade value will net them less than what they gave up to get him. Total disaster.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:43 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Its the Columbus Blue Jackets while failing to overseas NHL playoffs, but the pupil Trencin hockey team has undergone in his medical examination. How to inform the official portal of the federal portal HockeySlovakia.sk, Gaborik this information immediately announced general manager of the Slovak representation Otto Sykora.

"Marian had problems with the groin. After the last meeting of the season did not pass the exit examination at the club. Club management and either clubs because it is recommended by doctors start to the World Cup. In the near term, the Marian further examination by experts and based on them to decide or will have to undergo surgery, or will be treated with conservative treatment, "said general manager representation Otto Sykora and said," I had to Marian Gaborik long, really long conversation. I understand the situation, a new club, keeping Columbus from him in the next season promises a lot. representation for the player would start his skills on the World Cup a great help, but nothing can be done., we must deal with it. "
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...XifutfcaeBHl8g

Gaborik has had hip surgery(torn labrum) on both legs. 2008 and 2009. The hip injuries were the root cause of the groin injuries. He had shoulder surgery last summer.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 03:23 PM
OverTheCap

More groin problems for Gabby? It's good the Rangers traded him when they did. I always thought a 5-year contract was too long for Gaborik because of his injury history.

The Rangers definitely received good value for the trade considering the circumstances. Initially I wasn't pleased that we didn't get a 1st in the trade but due to our lack of depth it's probably better off that we received 3 NHL-ready players.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Shoulder surgery looks to have effected his shot. Now, these latest groin problems may further effect his speed. It's good that we traded him when we did. He wouldn't have the same value next year.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Tawnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
This trade is looking really bad for Columbus so far. They traded for Gabby to push them over the edge and into the playoffs. Instead Gabby goes out flat in the final games of the season and they miss. They have almost no chance to resign him and (correct me if I'm wrong) he has one year left. If he doesn't produce next year his trade value will net them less than what they gave up to get him. Total disaster.
Considering that the Jackets were 6-1 during the last 7 games of the season where he went flat, I don't think you can pin that one on him. Hell, they were 9-3 with him in the lineup. The hole they dug for themselves early in the year proved to be just barely too big to climb.

Of course, if they beat the Wild on April 7th, they would be in.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Shoulder surgery looks to have effected his shot. Now, these latest groin problems may further effect his speed. It's good that we traded him when we did. He wouldn't have the same value next year.
If you water down Gaborik's speed and shot, you hardly have an NHL'er when its all said and done. Rangers got rid of this declining piece at just the right time. The fact the return has helped us is just gravy on top.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If you water down Gaborik's speed and shot, you hardly have an NHL'er when its all said and done. Rangers got rid of this declining piece at just the right time. The fact the return has helped us is just gravy on top.
Yeah. Gabby, while possessing above average hockey iq, doesn't have the hands or the physical tools to overcome his shot and speed disappearing from him.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I cannot agree more. I was a fan of the trade for the most part when it went down, and it has only gotten better.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:41 PM
haveandare

So, is his decline still Torts' fault or can we admit now that maybe he's starting to lose his edge?

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:09 PM
SnowblindNYR

I was upset about the trade for 2 reasons.

1) I thought that we got bad value for a guy that is still respected in the league. Instead we got a future top 4 D-man (at least) that is reminiscent of McD, who btw was only supposed to be a top 4 guy. And a very solid 3rd line center who's good on the PP. Dorsett is supposed to be a good player too.

2) I was worried that this year was a fluke and he'll have another 40 goal season next year. However, that's silly, you can't pay for a guy that kind of money if he only shows up every other season. Also there was no guarantee that he's not done.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Green Blob*
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I was upset about the trade for 2 reasons.

1) I thought that we got bad value for a guy that is still respected in the league. Instead we got a future top 4 D-man (at least) that is reminiscent of McD, who btw was only supposed to be a top 4 guy. And a very solid 3rd line center who's good on the PP. Dorsett is supposed to be a good player too.

2) I was worried that this year was a fluke and he'll have another 40 goal season next year. However, that's silly, you can't pay for a guy that kind of money if he only shows up every other season. Also there was no guarantee that he's not done.
When he was drafted 3 years ago he had top pair potential. While he might not get that far, he sure has been showing that potential with us.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:27 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

can't wait for Dorsett!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:30 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Wait, so he did injure himself again?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Vidic15

Awaiting Kershaw's comments on this trade now. Rangers cashed in at just the right time.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
When he was drafted 3 years ago he had top pair potential. While he might not get that far, he sure has been showing that potential with us.
I think he meant that McD was only seen as a potential top 4 D-man before he broke out.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
NYR Viper

People need to realize that Moore is the same age that McDonagh was whn he was in his rookie year. He has the same raw tools. Great pickup

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:57 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Columbus will probably re-sign Gaborik this summer.

Quote:
12:25:58 Rob_(moderator): Via email: Does acquring Gaborik make up for not getting a top-four pick?

12:27:45 Portzline: Well, he boosts the skill level, that's for sure. The Blue Jackets now have a 40-goal (plus) scorer among their forward lines. Gaborik was really good vs. Nashville on Saturday, I thought, even though he didn't score. Great speed and excelleration. Will be interested to see how he plays in a contract year, if he opens the season in the final year of his deal.
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...kets-chat.html

In that game,Gaborik had a few excellent scoring chances but he couldn't finish. He skated well in that game. He was quiet in previous games. Inconsistency. Maybe the groin is the issue. Torts toughened him up. Gaborik wouldn't play hurt.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Gaborik is too soft.

Florida Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:31 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I think he meant that McD was only seen as a potential top 4 D-man before he broke out.
Yep.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:35 PM
SnowblindNYR

What do you guys think of Moore's offensive potential? I love what I see from him and he was supposed to be an offensive guy when drafted (much like McD). Any chance he gets 40 points or so?

Old
04-29-2013, 07:41 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
What do you guys think of Moore's offensive potential? I love what I see from him and he was supposed to be an offensive guy when drafted (much like McD). Any chance he gets 40 points or so?
I won't predict and point potentials but I love when he joins the rush, and his point shot gets through and on net (!!!)

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:06 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I won't predict and point potentials but I love when he joins the rush, and his point shot gets through and on net (!!!)
unlike MDZ and G who just shoot at the boards on purpose

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:16 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
unlike MDZ and G who just shoot at the boards on purpose
G definitely does it on purpose. I seriously think Del Zotto's trying to snipe corners

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Funny that a journalist misspelled acceleration. Oh wait no it's not these guys are clowns.

Feel bad for Gabby but I was a fan of the trade at the deadline and still am.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:12 PM
BroadwayHustle

Quote:
He has great instincts and reads the play well. If he keeps working on his shot I think he can be a 35ish point defenseman. He is pretty accurate with his shot, but I don't remember it being the hardest shot, but then again I have missed quite a few games due to the end of the semester coming around/finals.

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote