HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 01:31 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Blues Trade Proposals - Part 6

Part 5

Continue.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:37 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Guess it's our turn to deal with a summer full of ridiculous RFA/Shatty/Petro talk on the main trade board. Can't wait for Army to lock them both up at a good value like he always does.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note View Post
Guess it's our turn to deal with a summer full of ridiculous RFA/Shatty/Petro talk on the main trade board. Can't wait for Army to lock them both up at a good value like he always does.
I personally look forward to trading both Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo away for scraps and draft picks.

I am thinking something like this:

Pietrangelo to Philadelphia for Cobourne and a 1st.
Shattenkirk to Rangers for Andersson and a 2nd
Bouwmeester and Berglund to Edmonton for Nick Schultz and Gagner
Wonder if the Blues can still pry Kulemin out of Toronto for Stewart...

Old
04-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimoodia View Post
I personally look forward to trading both Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo away for scraps and draft picks.

I am thinking something like this:

Pietrangelo to Philadelphia for Cobourne and a 1st.
Shattenkirk to Rangers for Andersson and a 2nd
Bouwmeester and Berglund to Edmonton for Nick Schultz and Gagner
Wonder if the Blues can still pry Kulemin out of Toronto for Stewart...
I vote no to all of those trades.
Shatty to the rangers is interesting but only if they send a roster player back that's more proven than andersson.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
Shatty to the rangers is interesting but only if they send a roster player back that's more proven than andersson.
The point was that they're all bad for us because that's how the trade board works.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
And I am just backing up his opinion. I've been here long enough to know what he posted.

Sorry if I sounded like I didn't know.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
For a defenseman as unproven as Shattenkirk?

I realize that we, as Blues fans, like young Kevin but the fact remains that he only has two seasons of good play thus far. Frankly I think I am likely overreaching in trying to get Kreider (who is a winger the Blues desperately need since they are getting a bit shallow on depth, in particular with McDonald leaving...and his blazing speed down the wing fits in well with the Blues' fore-checking style) and getting a replacement nearly as good with Andersson.

Think about it, Cobourne and first is a more than fair trade for Pietrangelo since the Blues cannot sign him anyway. Alex evidently wants to be paid in actual currency instead of Monopoly cash which I have under good authority is all Stillman actually has.

Bouwmeester is going to have to go, under-performs relative to his paycheck and as noted previously the Blues cannot afford such luxuries.
Combining him with Berglund to get Schultz (physical defenseman who is almost an exact replacement for the much more expensive Bouwmeester) and Gagner (give the Blues that offense they were missing and has spent a lot of time on the penalty kill clearly indicating that his defensive game has arrived at an elite level) is almost a no-brainer.

Finally, Stewart for Kulemin makes sense simply because the Blues do not need offensive players. Rather they should look to acquire every 2nd/3rd line two-way player in the NHL and then they can win off a combination of cap-space, draft picks, and hard work.

I apologize if you cannot see the master plan here, but I assure you it is there and it will take the Blues to the promised land of being every other teams' development squad. A truly auspicious honor.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:32 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
Quote:

I realize that we, as Blues fans, like young Kevin but the fact remains that he only has two seasons of good play thus far. Frankly I think I am likely overreaching in trying to get Kreider (who is a winger the Blues desperately need since they are getting a bit shallow on depth, in particular with McDonald leaving...and his blazing speed down the wing fits in well with the Blues' fore-checking style) and getting a replacement nearly as good with Andersson.

Think about it, Cobourne and first is a more than fair trade for Pietrangelo since the Blues cannot sign him anyway. Alex evidently wants to be paid in actual currency instead of Monopoly cash which I have under good authority is all Stillman actually has.

Bouwmeester is going to have to go, under-performs relative to his paycheck and as noted previously the Blues cannot afford such luxuries.
Combining him with Berglund to get Schultz (physical defenseman who is almost an exact replacement for the much more expensive Bouwmeester) and Gagner (give the Blues that offense they were missing and has spent a lot of time on the penalty kill clearly indicating that his defensive game has arrived at an elite level) is almost a no-brainer.

Finally, Stewart for Kulemin makes sense simply because the Blues do not need offensive players. Rather they should look to acquire every 2nd/3rd line two-way player in the NHL and then they can win off a combination of cap-space, draft picks, and hard work.

I apologize if you cannot see the master plan here, but I assure you it is there and it will take the Blues to the promised land of being every other teams' development squad. A truly auspicious honor.
That's gold.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 1691
Quote:

You forgot about trading Tarasenko for some scraps too.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:59 PM
BowDangles

I am wondering due to St. Louis' internally cap if Shattenkirk becomes a product of too many RFAs to sign this summer and not enough cap room...

Would a package of 7th overall, MPS and a 2nd get it done?

That trade is similar to the one that got Jeff Carter out of Philli. (8th OV, Voracek and a 3rd)
Which translated to Jack Johnson and a late 1st.

Flame away.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
You forgot about trading Tarasenko for some scraps too.
Tarasenko is still young and on an ELC.
Now, if either Detroit or Washington would come calling then, yes, the Blues would be honor-bound to give him up. Likely for a center since that is, in fact, what the Blues need.

So...Tarasenko in exchange for...Latta and a 2nd? What should be a decent enough 3rd line 2-way center (thus helping the Blues maintain the highest possible concentration of 2nd/3rd line two way players in the NHL) while allowing Tarasenko to play with fellow Russian players which Washington is known to specialize in (as long as your name is not Semin) and giving him the requisite room to grow as an oft-disinterested scorer.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:08 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
No....

Old
04-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Bluesman91

Haven't you proposed this already? What is with you Oiler fans thinking you know more about our financial situations more than Doug Armstrong?

Old
04-29-2013, 06:11 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
It is not surprising that someone who couldn't find an open trade proposal thread even though there's one right now at the top of the main trade board and stickied on this very page would be "wondering due to St. Louis' internally cap" about Shattenkirk.

It is still somewhat amazing, though.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Far too much.
You could likely drop the first, or ask for the Blues first (2014) back. The latter is still an overpayment by the Oilers though.

Something like:

Shattenkirk, 1st (2014), 2nd (Ottawa-2013)
for
7th overall, MPS and a 2nd would work best I believe.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Alklha

What is with all the passive-aggressive reactions? Yeah, it gets old dealing with the same posts, but at the same time we were going on about how we couldn't afford Bouwmeester for long enough that it is understandable that people think things will be tight in the summer.

When it comes to budgeting, we'll backload contracts and make hockey trades if that is what our internal budget dictates.

When it comes to Pietrangelo, I think we need to realise that anything under $7m is a discount. I know people point to the Karlsson contract, and the OEL contract and say things, but the market dictates a players worth. If Pietrangelo wants $7m, he'll get $7m. Whether he would get that before becoming a RFA, or after is another matter. I fully expect him to take a discount and sign long term, but I think too many are taking it for granted.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I am wondering due to St. Louis' internally cap if Shattenkirk becomes a product of too many RFAs to sign this summer and not enough cap room...

That trade is similar to the one that got Jeff Carter out of Philli. (8th OV, Voracek and a 3rd)

Flame away.
The cap isn't an issue for Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
What is with all the passive-aggressive reactions?
The Blues drew the Kings in the first round which makes me cranky. Cranky me has one default method of communication: sarcasm.

Quote:
When it comes to Pietrangelo, I think we need to realise that anything under $7m is a discount.
With the agent Pietrangelo has, it'll be a miracle if they keep it below $7 mil.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Sorry couldn't find an open trade proposal thread...

Flame away.
We would need a dman back. I would want Klefbom and the 7th. Don't need MPS or a 2nd. But Klefbom would need to be included and we would need a shot at a top center or no reason to do it.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:13 PM
nicholas89alex

vCash: 333
Quote:
Sorry couldn't find an open trade proposal thread...

Flame away.
were not gonna get barkov, mackinon or durion at 7 so no chance

Old
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Zamadoo

I wouldn't mind trading Shattenkirk for Dan Girardi, if he must go to the Rangers.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamadoo View Post
I wouldn't mind trading Shattenkirk for Dan Girardi, if he must go to the Rangers.
What? No...

Old
04-29-2013, 11:28 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

When in doubt, assume we are being sarcastic. If Blues fans are talking about Petro or Shatty, they are either dumb or it's sarcasm.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

MOD Note: While I am a huge fan of sarcasm, it is frowned upon as a means to degrade other posters. Let us move to a more acceptable means of communication.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
MOD Note: While I am a huge fan of sarcasm, it is frowned upon as a means to degrade other posters. Let us move to a more acceptable means of communication.
Great, now I will not even be able to post until the cessation of the playoffs.

There goes my post count as well...

Closed Thread