HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Loui Eriksson to CAR, EDM, STL or NYR (or anyone else)

Old
04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
With a new GM in town, no one is safe from trade in Dallas. Loui is definitely a top 3 most valuable piece the Stars have and arguably the most valuable piece. It is a battle between him, Benn and Lehtonen.

Loui has very similar (I'd say a tad bit more) value compared to Jeff Carter due to their similar offensive production, his better two way game, and no lifestyle or attitude problems that Carter exhibited in Philly and Columbus respectively. Carter had 10 years at 5.2 per left on his contract at the time of the first trade. 3 years of Loui at 4.25 is probably a wash compared to Carter's contract situation. Carter returned Voracek + 8th overall + 3rd round pick from Columbus and Jack Johnson + 1st from LA.

Some packages that would be similar to those would include

Skinner + 5th overall from CAR (Stars would probably have to add)

or

Gagner + 7th overall + ? from EDM

or

Shattenkirk + 1st round pick + ? from STL

or

Del Zotto + 1st round pick + ? from NYR

What do other people think or other teams want to offer for Loui?
If Skinner wasn't made out of toilet paper then perhaps!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
He's still not worth Skinner + the #5.
Definitely.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Bobblehead

Once MacTavish secures a replacement for Gagner via trade or UFA AND he signs a top 4 dman, I think he would move Gagner for Eriksson straight up. Maybe Edmonton would throw in a mid round pick or one of our scrubs.... (Potter? Belanger?). But there is not way Gagner AND 1st round pick are being offered unless Roussel and Dillon/Daley is included.

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Once MacTavish secures a replacement for Gagner via trade or UFA AND he signs a top 4 dman, I think he would move Gagner for Eriksson straight up. Maybe Edmonton would throw in a mid round pick or one of our scrubs.... (Potter? Belanger?). But there is not way Gagner AND 1st round pick are being offered unless Roussel and Dillon/Daley is included.
Eriksson is eons better than Gagner! Come down and rejoin reality!

Old
04-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Quote:
Y'know....it really wouldn't surprise me one bit if MacT made that offer.

Thankfully, Nill's no fool.

04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Morry83

Quote:
So, Eriksson+Dillon+Roussel for Gagner+1st.

Seems reasonable.

EDIT: Apparently no one understands sarcasm. I'm aware this is a deal Nill would absolutely laugh at and then hang the phone up. Not even remotely close for Dallas, trust me, I know. I'm a Stars fan.

Last edited by Morry83: 04-30-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
This is crazy. Dallas will keep Eriksson, Dillon and Roussel. No way we give all that for Gagner and a 1st.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post

Seems reasonable.
Not for the Stars it isnt. Not even close.

-Vagrant
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:12 PM
JaeTM

As a Rangers fan, I've been interested in Loui for a while now. He plays LW? If he can't unfortunately both Callahan and Nash play RW and like someone said previously, trying to get Gabby to play LW was a failure.

Columbus owns our 1st this year but I'd be willing to part with our 1st from next year, but idk if that's what you were speaking of.

Are you looking for defenseman? I'd be willing to part with either DZ or Kreider for Loui.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Iceonfire

Yet again, Loui is being horribly underrated in this thread.

Kessel was traded for 2 1sts and a 2nd.

And imo, Loui Eriksson is better than Kessel. He just plays on a bad team.

I don't see why Dallas would trade him. If anything they need more skill in their lineup.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Callafan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
So the rangers gave up depth to get nash... then they trade gaborik to recoup the lost depth... then they give up depth to get eriksson? What?
What depth? The OP's offer is a one for one with a pick. One 40 pt. 22 year old TWD for one 27 year old 60-70 pt. two-way LW. The Rangers are loaded at LD and want a LW. The Stars want to get younger and could use a snarly, offensive defensemen and a first-round pick.

Callafan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
To the op:

Why trade a great player on a great contract for the next three seasons?

Do you want the Stars to be the Oilers?

Hellz, him and Benn give you a chance at a quick rebuild.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Pohlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
To the op:

Why trade a great player on a great contract for the next three seasons?

Do you want the Stars to be the Oilers?

Hellz, him and Benn give you a chance at a quick rebuild.
It depends on the offer. With the cap going down, he is on one of the best contracts in the entire league. I don't think people realize how much his contract really ups his value.

Take Skinner for example, the kid is going to have a 5.725 million dollar caphit for quite a few years. Getting a complete upgrade (not at all a lateral move) in terms of offensive production, defensive play (some of the best in the league), very good on the PP, and amazing on the PK. AND on top of that, over 1m per year cheaper? 1m per year can be huge in terms of attracting UFAs or getting those big name role players (like Brandon Prust), especially in the coming years of a low overall cap. Throw that in with the fact that Skinner has regressed the past 2 years in production, and he was a damn -21 in this short of a season, Eriksson for Skinner + 5th overall is more than fair. Hurricane fans just value Skinner way more than he is actually worth (kinda like we did with Benn).

Pohlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Morry83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Not for the Stars it isnt. Not even close.
Haha definitely sarcasm! Stars fan here! Trust me, I know that this isn't even remotely close!

Old
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
With a new GM in town, no one is safe from trade in Dallas. Loui is definitely a top 3 most valuable piece the Stars have and arguably the most valuable piece. It is a battle between him, Benn and Lehtonen.

Loui has very similar (I'd say a tad bit more) value compared to Jeff Carter due to their similar offensive production, his better two way game, and no lifestyle or attitude problems that Carter exhibited in Philly and Columbus respectively. Carter had 10 years at 5.2 per left on his contract at the time of the first trade. 3 years of Loui at 4.25 is probably a wash compared to Carter's contract situation. Carter returned Voracek + 8th overall + 3rd round pick from Columbus and Jack Johnson + 1st from LA.

Some packages that would be similar to those would include

Skinner + 5th overall from CAR (Stars would probably have to add)

or

Gagner + 7th overall + ? from EDM

or

Shattenkirk + 1st round pick + ? from STL

or

Del Zotto + 1st round pick + ? from NYR

What do other people think or other teams want to offer for Loui?
Sorry with Jim Nill being the new GM In Dallas I seriously doubt that any of these teams will get Loui Eriksson. First off there Is no way that Jim Nill will trade him to a Western Conference team so Edmonton and St Louis are out he will now have a greater chance of being dealt to Detroit then any of these teams. I could see a possible deal where the rights to Filppula would go to Dallas along with possible other pieces going there as well and Loui Eriksson coming to Motown.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Sorry with Jim Nill being the new GM In Dallas I seriously doubt that any of these teams will get Loui Eriksson. First off there Is no way that Jim Nill will trade him to a Western Conference team so Edmonton and St Louis are out he will now have a greater chance of being dealt to Detroit then any of these teams. I could see a possible deal where the rights to Filppula would go to Dallas along with possible other pieces going there as well and Loui Eriksson coming to Motown.
Right...

Jim's first task as GM is downgrade his already thin forward corps in order to help his old team?

Loui is exactly the kind of player Nill has been scouting for in Detroit for years. He's not getting traded, unless Dallas is getting a significant piece. Not negotiation rights.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:52 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Quote:
You do realize he works for Dallas now, right?

Unless those "possible other pieces" are some combination of Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Smith, and a 1st, **** no.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:54 PM
HappyGilmourr

Skinner + Murphy for Eriksson is what I would want if I was a stars fan.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Right...

Jim's first task as GM is downgrade his already thin forward corps in order to help his old team?

Loui is exactly the kind of player Nill has been scouting for in Detroit for years. He's not getting traded, unless Dallas is getting a significant piece. Not negotiation rights.
It's obvious you did'nt read the whole thing, Since i did say other pieces like Nyquist/Tatar possibly Smith. Nill is like Holland he wont trade period within the same Conference but since Detroit is going to the East next year then that's a different situation all together.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
You do realize he works for Dallas now, right?

Unless those "possible other pieces" are some combination of Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Smith, and a 1st, **** no.
I'm sure that Nyquist/Tater and Smith could be possibilities but Jarnkrok is'nt available.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Quote:
Quote:
It's obvious you did'nt read the whole thing, Since i did say other pieces like Nyquist/Tatar possibly Smith. Nill is like Holland he wont trade period within the same Conference but since Detroit is going to the East next year then that's a different situation all together.
Beyond ambiguous.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:05 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Quote:
I'm sure that Nyquist/Tater and Smith could be possibilities but Jarnkrok is'nt available.
If you want Eriksson, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are the only players that can be untouchable. Period.

And honestly, that trade probably doesn't get done without Jarnkrok coming back. We need a center that badly and he's the real deal IMO. I'm sure Nill knows more than enough about Detroit's farm system though. Dallas would definitely have the upper hand if we were to consider a deal with Detroit.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post

Seems reasonable.
Actually its not reasonable at all. Dallas gets absolutely fleeced! Eriksson alone is worth Gagner and a 1st.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Morry83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Actually its not reasonable at all. Dallas gets absolutely fleeced! Eriksson alone is worth Gagner and a 1st.
Please see above. Already said it was sarcasm...

Old
04-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Koekkoek4U
Anthony Eclair

As a Ranger fan, I'm not a big fan of this trade. We don't want any big names right now, from my POV it seems like we get a lot of big names and have a lot of big names at the moment. Our scoring strategy is fine right now and I understand where you're getting at with MDZ but I'd just be more interested in... let's say maybe Boyle and DZ for 1st. No interest in gaining more players is what I'm saying.

WHY AREN'T THE PANTHERS MENTIONED?

They need a guy like Loui Erikkson plus I think he'd get along with an up and coming sweedish goaltender Jacob Markstrom.

He's always trying to impress his fellow swedes.

And he'd pair GREAT with Versteeg and Huberdeau.

I'd say Erikkson for Kulikov, Skille/Mueller, and a 3rd.

Koekkoek4U is offline   Reply With Quote