HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NFL Football League-Carry us through to the start of a new Devils W/O Lockout season.

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 02:13 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

vCash: 500
What did Wallace say? I think he deleted it.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
What did Wallace say? I think he deleted it.
something like "with all the beautiful women out there in the world I cant believe someone wants to like men"

along those lines.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:14 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
lol that's not even a tenth as bad as what the SF cornerback said during Super Bowl week.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Yeah that's not that bad but stupid to even comment on it. Nothing to gain from it.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Jets release Tebow.
Was only a matter of time. Jets fans, do you think Sanchez will be following him out the door soon too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
something like "with all the beautiful women out there in the world I cant believe someone wants to like men"

along those lines.
It's not the worst possible comment, but it's really not smart.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Was only a matter of time. Jets fans, do you think Sanchez will be following him out the door soon too?

Not a Jets fan, but I don't see the Jets swallowing the money and cap hit that would come along with his release. My opinion anyway.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

they might as well just keep him on as a backup at least

$17 million in dead money on top of what they have is crazy

Old
04-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post

As a Jets fan, I doubt it. Too much of a cap hit that its just not worth it. Sitting him on the bench all year is more beneficial to them than cutting him as strange as that sounds. And on top of that, he just may well still be the best option at QB on their roster. He may actually perform better in this offense than he did last year with Sparano's offense (which was an all around cluster ****). Not saying he'll be good, but he may be able to strive for average for all we know. But ultimately he can't be any worse than a guy who hasn't played in two years (Garrard), a late round pick who probably won't be much of anything now or in the future (McElroy), a rookie who probably should not be rushed into the lineup unless he far and away out performs everyone else (Smith), and a training camp body (Matt Simms). No point to cutting him from a football standpoint... and that's scary to say.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:23 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I mean if you really want to go crazy, Sanchez's situation is comparable to Alex Smith a couple years ago when he was a bum who was basically back on a one-year tryout deal because they had no other choice, while Geno's our version of Kaepernick. Problem is SF isn't NY in terms of media and fan insanity. And Rex ain't Harbaugh, though hopefully Morningweg can get through to the QB's.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
As a Jets fan, I doubt it. Too much of a cap hit that its just not worth it. Sitting him on the bench all year is more beneficial to them than cutting him as strange as that sounds. And on top of that, he just may well still be the best option at QB on their roster. He may actually perform better in this offense than he did last year with Sparano's offense (which was an all around cluster ****). Not saying he'll be good, but he may be able to strive for average for all we know. But ultimately he can't be any worse than a guy who hasn't played in two years (Garrard), a late round pick who probably won't be much of anything now or in the future (McElroy), a rookie who probably should not be rushed into the lineup unless he far and away out performs everyone else (Smith), and a training camp body (Matt Simms). No point to cutting him from a football standpoint... and that's scary to say.
I've been of the opinion that this isn't all on Sanchez and his abilities. Is he a great QB? No, but he should be more serviceable then he has been. After those AFC championship games the wheels came off all over the place and he wasn't given a ton to work with. Plus with that circus not shocked he regressed.

It would be in Sanchez's best interest to get the hell out of there, but I do agree with you that it is in the Jet's best interest to keep him as there isn't really any other choice.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I mean if you really want to go crazy, Sanchez's situation is comparable to Alex Smith a couple years ago when he was a bum who was basically back on a one-year tryout deal because they had no other choice, while Geno's our version of Kaepernick. Problem is SF isn't NY in terms of media and fan insanity. And Rex ain't Harbaugh, though hopefully Morningweg can get through to the QB's.
Pretty much. And even though they started performing better than people had expected, I'm sure the quality of their team was better than that of what the Jets should be this year. There is enough roster turnover that maybe their guys will make more of an impact than anticipated, but I wouldn't be overly optimistic yet. But a good offensive system can go a long way to creating some improvement over what we had last year. If they were even "decent" offensively last year they would have had a couple more wins than they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I've been of the opinion that this isn't all on Sanchez and his abilities. Is he a great QB? No, but he should be more serviceable then he has been. After those AFC championship games the wheels came off all over the place and he wasn't given a ton to work with. Plus with that circus not shocked he regressed.

It would be in Sanchez's best interest to get the hell out of there, but I do agree with you that it is in the Jet's best interest to keep him as there isn't really any other choice.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. Well, for the majority of last season, but I softened my stance late in the year. He had literally nothing to work with most of the season, so teams could drop 8 guys back in pass coverage on every play with no repercussions. Especially considering the Jets couldn't run the ball and the offensive line couldn't stop any kind of pass rush. Any quarterback would have looked worse than they should in that system. He made it worse with terrible ball security and being screwed up mentally (which the team itself is partly to blame with personnel moves and the media circus too). But he's better than what he was. There's no reason he shouldn't be an "average" QB, as that's what he was his first 2 years. He doesn't have to be this bad for the rest of his career. I just don't know if he needs a new place to get his crayons back in the box, or if the right coach/system here can fix him. He probably only has a 1 year trial at doing it here though, so if its not marty mornhinweg, then it will have to be somewhere else obviously.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Aaron Curry and Josh Cribbs visiting the Giants today. I'd take Cribbs.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Looks like Ronde Barber has retired

It's too bad the Giants had with the wrong brother

Coughlin would have loved Ronde

Old
05-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20

Amazon.com
Exclusive to Amazon, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

With Madden NFL 25, unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ball-carrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier.

Features

Madden NFL 25 — Unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ballcarrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier.

Madden Ultimate Team Subscription — Starting Week 1 of the NFL season and continuing through Week 17, receive one pack a week for use in Madden Ultimate Team. The Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition packs feature 2 rare players, 4 silver players and 4 bronze players.

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
About NFL Sunday Ticket: With NFL Sunday Ticket, fans will be able to enjoy every minute of every NFL game each Sunday afternoon throughout the entire 2013 regular season and get highlights delivered instantly from their computer, tablet, or mobile devices. Fans will also be able to catch every play inside the 20 yard line, all in one channel with DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel.

awesome deal. for only $40 more you get NFL ticket for free all year.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
The Patriots have signed Tim Tebow

Old
06-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Nick0930

So he'll be getting paid to sit on his butt for 16+ games and learn from a master.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

What is going on?!?

Old
06-10-2013, 04:39 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

It's the Patriots, they'll use him the way he should have been used last year - as a role player who can do a few option plays. He's not gonna be their backup QB or anything, Mallet is.

Old
06-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

The way the Jets handled Tebow and the mere fact that he was on the Jets is all the motivation Belichick needs and a likely big reason why they pursued him

I don't know how he'll fit in there, but you know BB will take great satisfaction if he can use Tebow to shove it in the Jets face

Old
06-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Belichick loves him some reclamation projects/controversial figures. Dillon, Moss, Stallworth, Ochocinco (LOL have fun in jail buddy), Haynesworth, now Tebow. God it would be hilarious if he does something meaningful and scores a TD in either or both of the games against the Jets. I want that to happen just to see Jets fans heads collectively explode.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:34 PM
apice3*

You can debate Tebow's ability as a QB, but he put up 5 TDs passing and 6 rushing in 9 games as a rookie, then 12 TDs passing and 6 TDs rushing as a 2nd year player. That's 29 total TDs compared to 9 career interceptions.

Belichick will find a way to utilize his skills. No doubt about it.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:45 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

That's the best possible place he can go honestly. Belichick seems to be able to bring the most out of his guys.

Old
06-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

McDaniels is the offensive coordinator who drafted him in Denver.

Old
06-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Cruz to sign his tender today

Old
06-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Got NFL Sunday Ticket this season for $90. Win.

Closed Thread