HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton 1st

Old
04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Iceonfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan87 View Post
To Oilers:
Mark Giordano
Blues 1st 2013

To Flames:
Oilers 1st 2013
Seriously?

Done. Tell Feaster to get on this.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I think a package of MPS, 7th overall and a 2nd can land Edmonton a pretty good piece. Looking back at the Jeff Carter, Mike Richards and Jordan Staal deals..
Who's available that's on the same level as Carter, Richards, and Staal? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Not to mention those were special circumstances where there was a supposed rift in the Flyers' locker room and Staal was going to Carolina when his contract was up.

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:23 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Who's available that's on the same level as Carter, Richards, and Staal? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Not to mention those were special circumstances where there was a supposed rift in the Flyers' locker room and Staal was going to Carolina when his contract was up.
Well you wouldn't be giving up a package like that for someone who "wants out" per se.
I'm sure there is some one out there that an organization is willing to go another way on.

Its up to MacT to find that player.

BowDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:24 PM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
MacT had said today that they are open to moving down in the draft.

It is obvious that they want Lazar. But it also doesn't make sense to use the 7th overall to take him.

Would anyone in the 10-16 range be willing to move up? And what would the trade be?
And that is what we call a total loser of a trade.

You will not get a decent asset for the difference between 7th and 15th.

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Yandle and Shattenkirk

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:43 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Yandle and Shattenkirk
I think I would prefer Shattenkirk.. but I am not sure.. what would his price tag be for his new contract?

BowDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Yandle and Shattenkirk
why Shattenkirk ?

I didn't know he was available

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Iceonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
And that is what we call a total loser of a trade.

You will not get a decent asset for the difference between 7th and 15th.
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...ft-trade-value

At minimum it would cost 2 2nd round picks or a player/prospect of equal value.

So to say that you don't get a decent asset is ridiculous.

And considering Edmonton's major issues are with depth and role players, a trade like this makes sense if we can pick up a good gritty player.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I think I would prefer Shattenkirk.. but I am not sure.. what would his price tag be for his new contract?
Something's gotta give in St. Louis. They have 12.5 million committed to three defencemen next year - problem being neither of those defensemen under contract are Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk. Defense is important don't get me wrong but they need to score as well and we can debate whether there's an internal budget in place. They won't be letting Pietrangelo go but Shattenkirk is a possibility. Darren Dreger brought him up as someone the Oilers might be interested in.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:52 PM
facelessjoe1990

what would the oilers want from the leafs for the 1st? Gardiner +?

facelessjoe1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:12 PM
armandh01

Glencross and both of Calgary's low 1st rounders for Edmontons 7th overall!

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:31 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
I would do this one . maybe package the 2 first and our 2nd and move up if we did this deal . gets our big centre and Glencross fixing a wrong done by this team

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:26 PM
nik-

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
That's a ridiculous overpayment from the Flames.

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:03 PM
rockinghockey

I guess it all depends where the pick ends up. If they are mid picks I really think about it. PIT's pick a late pick and I am pretty sure STL will be late to so I would have to say no.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
I say lets go after Byfuglien. Size, top pairing d man who I think is available based upon my latest trip to the peg.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Ellis or Blum as the centerpiece. I'd easily do one of them + Smith/SK/Spaling/Hali/Gill/Budish or something.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Soundwave

My personal feeling is if any one of

Lucic
Couturier
Tyler Myers + Steve Ott (w/Hemsky also coming with the pick)
and maaaaybe Dustin Byfuglien are available
Perhaps Shattenkirk

The Oilers will pull the trigger.

I'm not saying it's what I would do, but that's the type of trade I see them looking for knowing Mac T/Lowe and knowing the roster.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
MacT had said today that they are open to moving down in the draft.

It is obvious that they want Lazar. But it also doesn't make sense to use the 7th overall to take him.

Would anyone in the 10-16 range be willing to move up? And what would the trade be?
Depending on the cost, the Flyers might make sense. Trade up to 7th and take whichever of Nurse, Ristolainen, or Zadorov they like best.

That said, at least one of those guys is likely to slip to 11th anyway (assuming Shinkaruk goes somewhere between 7th and 10th--or that there is at least one late-riser who jumps into that area (Zykov?).

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:24 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Ellis or Blum as the centerpiece. I'd easily do one of them + Smith/SK/Spaling/Hali/Gill/Budish or something.
In all honesty, neither of these two hold much interest for me as an Oiler fan. If they are moving the pick I would hope it is to add someone who can actually make them a better team. Not for a young guy who hasn't grasped the NHL game yet and some spare parts.

Just doesn't make any sense.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:05 AM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Highly doubting the Oilers would consider deals for players like Jonathan Blum and other unproven guys like that. It'll take an impact player and the Oilers will add if needed.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:22 AM
Roshi

I was going to suggest Ward+WSH 1st , but appearantly im outbid by a big margin..

Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:31 AM
oilinblood

I didnt like MacTs comments today. I would have to listen again but it sounded like he would be interested in moving down for multiple picks. picks dont make you better in the present. picks equal growing pains, learning, sheltering, and years of suffering.

In my opinion the oilers need to move the pick to fix a major hole on the team.

Our defense is not bad. I would like a 22Min hard nosed RHD to man the Right side with Petry and JSchultz. Might be able to get that by trading Nick Schultz. I dont think we will be getting a top end Dman. I would like to see Fistric back in a depth role. Theo is likely traded, as MacT said he lost his job at camp by not being ready.
Whitney is gone, Nick Schultz is too soft to stay, and Peckham lost everyones confidence and some respect by slacking off in the off season.

At 7th you have a good chance of getting a great prospect. In my opinion you dont move down for mediocre aassets. If all thats being offered is the same types available readily in the UFA market than you laugh and blacklist and draft Barkov/Mona

Got to stop making dumb decisions like letting Glencross walk .

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:58 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 1691
Stop with the Shattenkirk nonsense. It's getting old. Doug Armstrong has stated multiple times over the season that Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are priority re-signs. We will not be re-signing McDonald, Nichol, Langenbrunner, and Leo unless he takes a serious discount then we would move one of Russell or Cole. That's 7 million in cap space freed for Pietrangelo alone.

Stewart won't make more than Backes so Stewart will have a cap hit of around 4.5 million.

Shattenkirk will get 4.5 for 5. He won't make more than OEL or even get OEL money from Doug Armstrong.

Berglund will get a prove it contract of around 2.5-2.7 million because he's been too inconsistent. He could also be moved with a winger for an upgrade at C.

Russell won't get a raise.

Cole will likely get a 2-way contract or traded.

Also if Shattenkirk is traded that leaves us with Pietrangelo, Polak, Fairchild, and Hakanpaa on the right side. Not a chance Shattenkirk is moved unless he is packaged away for a #1C with another RHD defenseman that can play in the NHL.

Bluesman91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:31 AM
Leafsforlife98

I would go

Jake Gardiner and Nikolai Kulemin for Edm 7th overall and future 2nd round pick.

Toronto can package their 1st round pick with Edmonton's to move up a couple of slots and get that #1 center they have been looking for.

Edmonton gets some size in Kulemin who is very good in his own end and plays a good all round game, something the Oilers desperately need and a countryman to play with Yakupov. They also get a great young defenceman who is best friends with their stud on the backend Justin Shultz. It would also be good for their team chemistry.

Win Win for both teams

Leafsforlife98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
I would go

Jake Gardiner and Nikolai Kulemin for Edm 7th overall and future 2nd round pick.

Toronto can package their 1st round pick with Edmonton's to move up a couple of slots and get that #1 center they have been looking for.

Edmonton gets some size in Kulemin who is very good in his own end and plays a good all round game, something the Oilers desperately need and a countryman to play with Yakupov. They also get a great young defenceman who is best friends with their stud on the backend Justin Shultz. It would also be good for their team chemistry.

Win Win for both teams
It's not terrible, but I don't think Gardiner has simply been good enough this year and is suspect defensively. Kulemin is solid, but kinda redudant on the Oilers that have a ton of wingers as is, and Paajarvi has had a good bounce back season and probably deserves more time in the top six next year.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote