HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Question about Underwear/under armour

Old
04-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Lancilcrantz

vCash: 500
Question about Underwear/under armour

So I'm hoping I can find an answer on here, since no one I know seems to have an idea on how to help me.

Basically, the skin on my legs gets pretty irritated when in direct contact with my shin pads, but I can't stand wearing underwear underneath my jock.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I realize I could probably just buy long underwear and then cut the crotch out but realistically who wants to buy something brand new only to go at it with a pair of scissors?

Essentially, do any of you have any tricks for dealing with this problem/know of any product that helps?

Thanks in advance.

Lancilcrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:41 PM
AIREAYE

Wait, so you don't want something like this?
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-h...ock-pants.html

Long pant, compression, includes jock cup

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:46 PM
jordanking87

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-h...k-pant-sr.html

I have these and they sound exactly like what youre looking for. certified fo commando by yours truly...highly reccomended

jordanking87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:43 AM
shoeshine boy

if it's just the below-the-knee leg area have you considered trying some long socks?
I skate in Nike dri-fit soccer socks that go up to the knee so the only part of my leg touches the shin pad is the knee cap area.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:27 AM
mistrhanky

I use a version similar to the Easton pair mentioned earlier... made by Shockdoctor. They workout great for me. I wear braces on both knees and they are a pain to take off after they get sweated up so these work out great.

mistrhanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:35 PM
nystromshairstylist
Puck control master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancilcrantz View Post
So I'm hoping I can find an answer on here, since no one I know seems to have an idea on how to help me.

Basically, the skin on my legs gets pretty irritated when in direct contact with my shin pads, but I can't stand wearing underwear underneath my jock.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I realize I could probably just buy long underwear and then cut the crotch out but realistically who wants to buy something brand new only to go at it with a pair of scissors?

Essentially, do any of you have any tricks for dealing with this problem/know of any product that helps?

Thanks in advance.
I wear under armour jocks which use very high quality mesh and a jock made of silk - FAR more comfortable than the typical orange Bauers I see others wear (and used to wear myself).

Also, I use Wigwam Thermax liners as socks and pull them up high, they absorb and wick the sweat off my legs pretty well.

Last edited by nystromshairstylist: 04-30-2013 at 06:00 PM.
nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yep, try a long compression jock.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote