HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu (merged)

Old
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

vCash: 500
good bye playoffs

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 05:39 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
good bye playoffs
How soon do we forget...I remember this team making the playoffs without Saku when he had Cancer with the likes of Juneau, dackel, sundstrom, Odjick, Bulis,Perrault, Audette, Kilger and Ward in their line up...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
good bye playoffs
You're a shining star of optimism on this board, the brilliance of which lights the way of every Habs fan towards the future.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 05:54 PM
habs4life23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
How soon do we forget...I remember this team making the playoffs without Saku when he had Cancer with the likes of Juneau, dackel, sundstrom, Odjick, Bulis,Perrault, Audette, Kilger and Ward in their line up...
well said man, people dont realize we've had the same core guys for 3years, chemistry and the will to win for Saku will get us in the playoffs, i am totally not worried about this, worst case he's on the shelf for 8-12weeks and bring up Chipchura or Grabovski to fill in

habs4life23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 05:54 PM
goalchenyuk

*** ! Saku was already overpaid at 4,75 M$ and now he's going to play all season long with a cataracte in his eye , so with a reduce vision .

That's ridiculous ; if he's not at 100 % , Saku needs to get the surgery right now , not next summer . Think to the team before your millions $$$

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 06:01 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
*** ! Saku was already overpaid at 4,75 M$ and now he's going to play all season long with a cataracte in his eye , so with a reduce vision .

That's ridiculous ; if he's not at 100 % , Saku needs to get the surgery right now , not next summer . Think to the team before your millions $$$
Z, whatever he does has no effect on his $. I think he's doing what he has to do,and what the team wants. Find out if he can perform at his own level, then deal with it as it comes. In Koivu's own words, the cataract issue is a recent development, one that I'm sure the org. along with Koivu are discussing.

Have we all suddenly become MD's ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

Have you considered entering a monastic order? Anything that would encourage your silence would be welcome.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 06:10 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Z, whatever he does has no effect on his $. I think he's doing what he has to do,and what the team wants. Find out if he can perform at his own level, then deal with it as it comes. In Koivu's own words, the cataract issue is a recent development, one that I'm sure the org. along with Koivu are discussing.

Have we all suddenly become MD's ?
If i talk about the money factor it is because i wouln't be surprise that because he got the injury last season , if he decide not to play , he than will receive only his previous contract insurance . Not the money of his new contract .

Old
09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
The RDS article screams panick, while the TSN article pretty much repeats what we all knew
Too bad no one took the time to read the ******* article. The RDS article does'nt scream panic AT ALL.

It says that Saku is cleared to play and plan to start the season but he might have to play with a contact lense. If the situation stay the same he might have an operation AT THE END OF THE SEASON to get rid of the cataractes.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 06:30 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Have you considered entering a monastic order? Anything that would encourage your silence would be welcome.
You know what ? you have your opinion and i have mine .

And because you don't like mine don't give you the right to insult me .

If you think that Koivu deserves those 4,75M$ , with a limited vision , give me-us arguments to explain your opinion. And to change , give us some real arguments other than the classic ones of his olympic games leadership , or his heroic cancer fight .

i am waiting .

Old
09-14-2006, 07:14 PM
mcphee

Quote:
If i talk about the money factor it is because i wouln't be surprise that because he got the injury last season , if he decide not to play , he than will receive only his previous contract insurance . Not the money of his new contract .
Z, you believe that if he was making 4 instead of 4.75, he would have retired ? You must really think the worst of this guy. If he was in it for the $, and to an extent he is, they all are, he'd be here saying the same things.

He got hurt, he's going to see if he can continue playing. I don't see at all what you would expect him to do differently.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 07:19 PM
KaptainKourage*

RIS headlines :
« Koivu a recu le feu vert des médecins et devrait être de l'alignement partant face au Sabres le 6 octobre. »

not a word about pessimistic stuff... i think the article make it worst than it is ...

RDS make news more scary than they appear.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 07:41 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Z, you believe that if he was making 4 instead of 4.75, he would have retired ? You must really think the worst of this guy. If he was in it for the $, and to an extent he is, they all are, he'd be here saying the same things.

He got hurt, he's going to see if he can continue playing. I don't see at all what you would expect him to do differently.
His previous contract was at 3,25 M$ i think . Now it is a 4,75 $M . What i say is that a player ( forget Saku for now ) that isn't at 100 % because of an injury he got in his previous contract season , could choose to play because he will do 1,5 extra money . If he doesn't play , the insurance will pay him for the 3,25 M$ because the injury is from the previous season .
Anyway , i was just furious because i think that Saku is largely overpaid , and that because of this injury , his game could decline .

Old
09-14-2006, 07:53 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

If you think that Koivu deserves those 4,75M$ , with a limited vision , give me-us arguments to explain your opinion. And to change , give us some real arguments other than the classic ones of his olympic games leadership , or his heroic cancer fight .

i am waiting .
When Koivu and BG signed the new agreement, no one had any inkling that he could get a high stick in the eye, and possibly end his career...the 4.75M is all about Koivu being the highest paid guy on the team, because he is the most important guy on the team...Kovy was at 4.5M so they take Koivu to 4.75M it is really that simple. Koivu is not the hilight reel that Kovy is, but without a doubt, and games 3-6 in the Canes series proved, that Saku deserves to be the highest paid player on the team, end of discussion...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 08:54 PM
oli500

Quote:

I cant believe some one had to bring up his contract in this discusion. were talking about his health here. why does it allways have to be about money with you people.

Koivu going to be fine, any one remember Bryan Berard. His eye injury was pretty scary and he got over it. I dont know what you people are afraid off. The day some one from the canadiens organisation(Dr Mulder or Bob gainey) comes out with any type of concerns towards koivu eye is the day all be concern. Off course the media is going to keep talking about this "problem" because its this kind of stuf that gets people attention. The koivu I know is not a quiter.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

i am waiting .
It's not so much your opinion I find distasteful, it's your brutish lack of tact or just plain decency.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 09:43 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
I cant believe some one had to bring up his contract in this discusion. were talking about his health here. why does it allways have to be about money with you people.
hey , he just see a black point , he has a cataracte .It's not about health but about his vision that isn't perfect , as thoulsand of peoples .

Old
09-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It's not so much your opinion I find distasteful, it's your brutish lack of tact or just plain decency.
I may not agree with his opinion either but you are over board

Are you a tree hugger?

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Toro

Koivu is MTL and most people know it. But some are always looking for something about a guy they generally dislike in any player and then can never see the player(koivu) the same way as most of us.

He has been injured much of his career and is a smallish playmaking Euro Center.

But he is a fire breathing viking that plays at full speed 24/7. He gets injured, targeted and double checked like most guys that play like him. HE is our leader like it our not. Until someone else emerges with better talent and the same fire Koivu is the Man.

Go Koivu Go

show the world again what your made of, as i know you will.

This injury won't stop him, It ain't nothing compared to Cancer.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 02:45 AM
GG#60

Koivu will start the season.

And I hope someone on the Habs give Justin Williams a real good beating. perkele

GG#60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 03:28 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
You're a shining star of optimism on this board, the brilliance of which lights the way of every Habs fan towards the future.
That was beautiful, dude.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

We'll sick Perezhogin on Williams.

He doesn't mean to hurt anyone, he just does.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 03:40 AM
Phousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
We'll sick Perezhogin on Williams.

He doesn't mean to hurt anyone, he just does.

I love my lil' Zhogy.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Tuggy

The good news is that he's in tip top shape and from his mouth "I will be on the ice for the first game".

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 08:33 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Mmmmmm....chocolate......

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote