HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(3) Washington Capitals VS (6) New York Rangers (Schedule in Post #1)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2013, 09:44 PM
  #651
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 500
Welp Ive been talking to some guys on the Caps board and its going well. Although they believe that because Staal is out (apparently for the season, according to them) that Torts will split Mcdonagh/Gman so that they can both play against Ovechkin. Tried to tell them that those two always play together, but to not much avail. They assume that the third pair will get no icetime, ala Bickel. Oh well, had my fun. Some of the guys over there are cool, but some make you want to bash your head against a wall.

MrEctions is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:44 PM
  #652
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post


My favorite one.

IT WOULD NOT GOOOOOOOOOO
i know everyone likes to Rag on Doc (pun intended) but i don't mind him at all, and I don't get why many of you say he's annoying?

I mean....other than comming from being a Devils announcer, he is clearly the best there is. He is original, delivers a smooth play by play, and entertaining to say the least. If anything....being a Ranger fan since 1983'....i think he is better than Sam (clearly now, and perhaps earlier...which is arguable) and clearly better than most out there (goes without saying).

I think many like to take shots at Doc, perhaps because of his unique delivery and vocabulary he uses, but like I said....it is more entertaining and certainly refreshing compared to all the Homer PBP guys out there. Just my .02 Cents

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
  #653
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
i know everyone likes to Rag on Doc (pun intended) but i don't mind him at all, and I don't get why many of you say he's annoying?

I mean....other than comming from being a Devils announcer, he is clearly the best there is. He is original, delivers a smooth play by play, and entertaining to say the least. If anything....being a Ranger fan since 1983'....i think he is better than Sam (clearly now, and perhaps earlier...which is arguable) and clearly better than most out there (goes without saying).

I think many like to take shots at Doc, perhaps because of his unique delivery and vocabulary he uses, but like I said....it is more entertaining and certainly refreshing compared to all the Homer PBP guys out there. Just my .02 Cents
Henrique, it's over.

I will forever be scarred.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
  #654
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
Welp Ive been talking to some guys on the Caps board and its going well. Although they believe that because Staal is out that Torts will split Mcdonagh/Gman so that they can both play against Ovechkin. Tried to tell them that those two always play together, but to not much avail. They assume that the third pair will get no icetime, ala Bickel. Oh well, had my fun. Some of the guys over there are cool, but some just are like bashing your head against a wall.
yea..i'm done going over there. I didn't think there would or could be worse than Debbies or Pens fans....but Cap fans clearly prove me wrong

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:52 PM
  #655
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
yea..i'm done going over there. I didn't think there would or could be worse than Debbies or Pens fans....but Cap fans clearly prove me wrong
Devils fans , in all their hate and bile they spit, at least make me laugh. Pens fans are still the worst in the league for me, but some of the Caps fans are not very far behind.

MrEctions is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:57 PM
  #656
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 9,601
vCash: 500
This call pumps me the **** up!


nevesis is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:00 PM
  #657
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
This call pumps me the **** up!

yup...and this one isn't bad either, which are the Doc calls I like to remember


Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:02 PM
  #658
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
i know everyone likes to Rag on Doc (pun intended) but i don't mind him at all, and I don't get why many of you say he's annoying?

I mean....other than comming from being a Devils announcer, he is clearly the best there is. He is original, delivers a smooth play by play, and entertaining to say the least. If anything....being a Ranger fan since 1983'....i think he is better than Sam (clearly now, and perhaps earlier...which is arguable) and clearly better than most out there (goes without saying).

I think many like to take shots at Doc, perhaps because of his unique delivery and vocabulary he uses, but like I said....it is more entertaining and certainly refreshing compared to all the Homer PBP guys out there. Just my .02 Cents
I'm a big fan of Doc especially because of the way he does his thing.

WPGNYRFan is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:06 PM
  #659
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,720
vCash: 500
No more videos of last year. They make me sad :'(

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:10 PM
  #660
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Additions to the drinking game: 1 drink: references to a cage (keep in mind a cage is covered on all sides. For some reason this cage he refers to is open on one side.) 3 drinks: any reference to the Pittsburgh Pirates.

abev is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:10 PM
  #661
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
yup...and this one isn't bad either, which are the Doc calls I like to remember

Despite the fact that we ended up scoring, I still to this day have no idea what Callahan was thinking on that play when he just turned around and fired the puck after they won the face-off, instead of just passing it out to the point to set up.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:19 PM
  #662
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Capital District
Posts: 4,113
vCash: 500
I absolutely ****ing love Doc. Man, those game five highlights vs. Washington always get me excited. Also Justin Tuck makes me laugh.

Krams is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:23 PM
  #663
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 23,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
yup...and this one isn't bad either, which are the Doc calls I like to remember

The GDTs for this game were incredible as well. Sucks that i always have trouble finding them, especially the main board one.

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
  #664
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
This call pumps me the **** up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
yup...and this one isn't bad either, which are the Doc calls I like to remember

Kenny Albert says GTFO


Callagraves is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
  #665
KingP
Registered User
 
KingP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New york
Posts: 3,084
vCash: 500
love hanks reaction 1:19 on the richards game 5 goal

KingP is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:35 PM
  #666
shoebag22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
i know everyone likes to Rag on Doc (pun intended) but i don't mind him at all, and I don't get why many of you say he's annoying?

I mean....other than comming from being a Devils announcer, he is clearly the best there is. He is original, delivers a smooth play by play, and entertaining to say the least. If anything....being a Ranger fan since 1983'....i think he is better than Sam (clearly now, and perhaps earlier...which is arguable) and clearly better than most out there (goes without saying).

I think many like to take shots at Doc, perhaps because of his unique delivery and vocabulary he uses, but like I said....it is more entertaining and certainly refreshing compared to all the Homer PBP guys out there. Just my .02 Cents
I don't like how he gets excited for even the most routine shot or save. i like how he calls a game, just not the fake excitement.

shoebag22 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:37 PM
  #667
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingP View Post
love hanks reaction 1:19 on the richards game 5 goal
Haha I never noticed that before. Our luck in this game with the goalie pulled on the power play makes up for the bad luck we've had doing it this season.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:08 PM
  #668
SauceCheese91
Registered User
 
SauceCheese91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
I couldn't read the Caps board for more than 2 minutes without being disgusted. Such a joke of a fan base, very arrogant. Hope we smash these punks, but I think this will be a really tough series like most Rangers-Caps series.

SauceCheese91 is online now  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:12 PM
  #669
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,720
vCash: 500
The best part about the playoff board is the Photoshop thread. Pure gold

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:21 PM
  #670
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
The best part about the playoff board is the Photoshop thread. Pure gold
Hope we see some epic dives again.

Kesler dive is legendary on HFBoards.



I love the threads because they cheer me up a lot after heartbreaking losses.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
  #671
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
I couldn't read the Caps board for more than 2 minutes without being disgusted. Such a joke of a fan base, very arrogant. Hope we smash these punks, but I think this will be a really tough series like most Rangers-Caps series.
You just noticed?

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:30 PM
  #672
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Hope we see some epic dives again.

Kesler dive is legendary on HFBoards.



I love the threads because they cheer me up a lot after heartbreaking losses.
I can't stop laughing at the tubing one

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:35 PM
  #673
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,286
vCash: 500
OH MY GOD. The Caps series videos get me soo pumped. That series was and is at the near top of my all time fav series. Just so perfect and satisfying. Gabby triple OT goal, then Richie's 6.6 seconds to go, and topped off my Staal. Perfection.

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:40 PM
  #674
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
OH MY GOD. The Caps series videos get me soo pumped. That series was and is at the near top of my all time fav series. Just so perfect and satisfying. Gabby triple OT goal, then Richie's 6.6 seconds to go, and topped off my Staal. Perfection.
Yeah, it was a blast.

When Gaby scored, my whole family screamed, jumped up and down and we had a group hug/huddle.

When Richie and Staal scored, I did one knee fist pumps.

__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM
  #675
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,934
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I think I jumped into the wall when Richards tied it

to my knees when henrique etc

Fire Sather is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.