HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Draft 2013

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Top 6-7 team will get solid picks. Hf would have a meltdown if the Oilers won again.
lol, I'm with you there.

All I really cared about was seeing Edmonton NOT win.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:45 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

pretty cool that Colorado will have the chance to pick their hometown boy at 1st overall...will that be too much pressure for Colorado and Jones or should they go to Mackinnon??

Old
04-29-2013, 11:48 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Here is a guy I would love to add

C prospect JT Compher
kid has elite wheels and is one hell of a gritty player...he is certainly in the Ryan Callahan/Dustin Brown mold.

though I think he will be long gone by the time we pick as he certainly stood out at the U18 tourney and should go fairly high first round.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
pretty cool that Colorado will have the chance to pick their hometown boy at 1st overall...will that be too much pressure for Colorado and Jones or should they go to Mackinnon??
With Duchene, O'Reilly and Stastny, they gotta go with Jones.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:51 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
With Duchene, O'Reilly and Stastny, they gotta go with Jones.
agreed, but there is added pressure for Colorado to pick Jones and added pressure on Jones...

just saying it could be a possibility that they pick Mackinnon at #1 and work on defense the next few picks..

Old
04-29-2013, 11:55 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Comphers f/o numbers at Sochi didnt look all that great. Quite interesting. Does Compher project to stay at center? Hawks have been drafting centers lately that probably wont play there at higher levels.

U18 Sochi stats

scoring

faceoffs

edit: And who is Lucas Wallmark? f/o 71%. Holy crap.

The Hockey Writers

Last edited by ChiGuySez: 04-30-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old
04-29-2013, 11:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
agreed, but there is added pressure for Colorado to pick Jones and added pressure on Jones...

just saying it could be a possibility that they pick Mackinnon at #1 and work on defense the next few picks..
If there's someone that can handle that though, it's Jones.

Unless Colorado can get Ekblad next year, there's not a DMan in the next couple drafts as good as Jones is projected to be.. outside of Day, but that's in 2016. Meanwhile, next year they could grab Ekblad as well and suddenly, their defense looks really good.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:24 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
If there's someone that can handle that though, it's Jones.

Unless Colorado can get Ekblad next year, there's not a DMan in the next couple drafts as good as Jones is projected to be.. outside of Day, but that's in 2016. Meanwhile, next year they could grab Ekblad as well and suddenly, their defense looks really good.
if they could make a few moves and get Mackinnon then find a way to get Ryan Pulock I think that would be massive...I love that kid.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:25 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Comphers f/o numbers at Sochi didnt look all that great. Quite interesting. Does Compher project to stay at center? Hawks have been drafting centers lately that probably wont play there at higher levels.

U18 Sochi stats

scoring

faceoffs

edit: And who is Lucas Wallmark? f/o 71%. Holy crap.

The Hockey Writers
I prefer Compher on the wing to be honest...we will see what Michigan does with him.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:41 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I also have the same opinion towards Compher as I did Parise back in 03.

Compher is going to be one of those kids that wasnt sexy enough to be a top 10 pick like Parise, gets picked in that 17-24 range, and years later people will say how the hell didnt he go higher..

Compher has the same motor, smaller frame, attitude, scoring ability, and never quit attitude that Parise had..

Compher will become a monster in college just like Parise...hopefully with a Hawks uniform in the wing??

Old
04-30-2013, 12:43 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Would he be a left wing, or a right wing? He's right-handed, which seems like he might play the right side as an ex-centre.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:44 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Would he be a left wing, or a right wing? He's right-handed, which seems like he might play the right side as an ex-centre.
he plays right wing as well..

Old
04-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

with his smaller frame and not looking like the sexy pick, I think he will fall right to our range.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

How long do people think Ryan Hartman is going to be around? I figured him as a top-10 pick a while ago - but he isn't showing up there at all - then i assumed top 15 at the worst. i doubt he falls to the end of the first round.

also - if fucale is available do the Hawks pass - even in light of the fact they seem to only take goalies late? i guess it depends on whose available.

i'd love to see rychel fall...but i doubt he will.

i seriously think the hawks should try to trade up this year. we have too many prospects to use.

Old
05-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Do I get it right that the earliest the Hawks will draft is #26 ??

Old
05-04-2013, 10:02 AM
hawksfan50

....of course we do not know if Stan puts tovether a package of our first plus a player from the roster who is not ufa but could be a salary cap casualty or a prospect from the pipeline plus lur first to move up. . Maybe to the middle of round one..it changes who our targets ought to be...ic we dlo not do that we will draft either 30th, 29th or 28th. depending on whether we get to the Cup Final and win it,lose it, or do not get to the Final...I have given my preferences...if we want a D-man I like Madison Bowey,Ian McCoshen,and Chris Bigras in that order....if we want a forward I like what I saw at the U-18's from Nick Baptiste....he is way under-rated and good upside considdring his late(AUG) birthdate...good size too..Do not take Compher or anyone from tha team USA u-18 team at the World u-18 championsbip..they allcried like ba ies when they lost gold to Canada...don't draft little boys wbo cry when they lose...If we want a goalie.for our pick 30,29 or 28 as the case could be,then I like Tristan Jarry as the top target and Phil Desrosiers next in my goalie targets.. I do not know if Stan can sdt a BPA from my diverse target list so position need for pipeline depth may be the influence that decides the slection..I guess it depends on what Stan thinks of the "TRUTH" but Carruth was not so good last night as EDM beat Poftland...maybe we ojght to take a goalie..just in case The Truth proves False...I think Fucale.is over-rated..I hope Stan does not buh into that hype...Take Jarry or Desrosiers...toobad EDM has not played Jarry much to close out the reg season and not at all in the playoffs...not his fault the vet Brossoit is their #1 goalie..but Jarry's stats were even better than Brossoit from games he did play..and we all saw how good Jarrh was in the Top Prospects Game giving jp no goals facing 16 shots...We also saw how good Desrosiers was at the U-18's...I really really like these 2 goalies...

Old
05-04-2013, 10:42 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
....of course we do not know if Stan puts tovether a package of our first plus a player from the roster who is not ufa but could be a salary cap casualty or a prospect from the pipeline plus lur first to move up. . Maybe to the middle of round one..it changes who our targets ought to be...ic we dlo not do that we will draft either 30th, 29th or 28th. depending on whether we get to the Cup Final and win it,lose it, or do not get to the Final...I have given my preferences...if we want a D-man I like Madison Bowey,Ian McCoshen,and Chris Bigras in that order....if we want a forward I like what I saw at the U-18's from Nick Baptiste....he is way under-rated and good upside considdring his late(AUG) birthdate...good size too..Do not take Compher or anyone from tha team USA u-18 team at the World u-18 championsbip..they allcried like ba ies when they lost gold to Canada...don't draft little boys wbo cry when they lose...If we want a goalie.for our pick 30,29 or 28 as the case could be,then I like Tristan Jarry as the top target and Phil Desrosiers next in my goalie targets.. I do not know if Stan can sdt a BPA from my diverse target list so position need for pipeline depth may be the influence that decides the slection..I guess it depends on what Stan thinks of the "TRUTH" but Carruth was not so good last night as EDM beat Poftland...maybe we ojght to take a goalie..just in case The Truth proves False...I think Fucale.is over-rated..I hope Stan does not buh into that hype...Take Jarry or Desrosiers...toobad EDM has not played Jarry much to close out the reg season and not at all in the playoffs...not his fault the vet Brossoit is their #1 goalie..but Jarry's stats were even better than Brossoit from games he did play..and we all saw how good Jarrh was in the Top Prospects Game giving jp no goals facing 16 shots...We also saw how good Desrosiers was at the U-18's...I really really like these 2 goalies...

Do you have the same negative opinion towards the Canadian guys who starting crying after they lost to the US at WJC

of the goalie candidates you brought up, no reason to use a first round pick on either.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:59 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

HF50 putting, just a bit, too much stock into the U18s.

In saying that, I do like Desrosiers quite a bit as well, and I think he's pegged to go in the 3rd-4th round.

As for Ryan Hartman, he could go anywhere from 20th-35th IMO. Just a matter of how much a team likes him. Personally, even though I like him, I would take a shot on a guy with a higher ceiling. I think Hartman caps out as a very good third liner. With McNeill, Danault, K.Hayes, etc. already in the system, we should go more boom/bust, IMO.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:56 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

has anyone done the math on our potential draft placement? i've never understood the formula once you make the playoffs.

in any event, let's just assume we're 25-30 (generous!)

I don't understand the utility of keeping that pick. What are we selecting that we don't already have? Getting Teuvo last year was a gift...but there's no way any elite skilled player would drop as far as we're picking.

I've said before i'm a Fucale fan...but w/ that said (1) i doubt he's available; and (2) if he is, i wouldn't be excited about grabbing a goalie first round when we have no second round pick.

if the hawks want a (potentially elite) goalie - comrie's out there...but i've heard so many questionable things and he's been injured.

Here's central scouting's final list: http://www.chl.ca/article/157-chl-pl...draft-rankings

IMO - some of the guys they have there late are pipe dreams for us.. i don't think it's a fantastic list... but who knows...i'm not a scout.

here's ISS (but it stops at 30: http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/ ... i think there are more lengthy lists out there. ... and this list doesn't look great (re the OHL players i've seen).

if the hawks are picking late...i'd be fine with them taking Compher, Bowey, Rychel (prob n/a), Dickinson, Erne (prob n/a), Hartman (prob n/a).

has anyone who has *actually seen* the Euro players know who's decent and potentially available?

Old
05-17-2013, 03:53 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Do I get it right that the earliest the Hawks will draft is #26 ??
That's right and that can only happen if the Hawks lose this series to the Wings. So let's hope not.

Old
05-17-2013, 06:39 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hawks will pick 26 if they lose against the Wings
would pick 28 if they beat the Wings and lose to LA/SJ
would pick 29 as SC finals loser and 30 as SC winner

Old
05-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Colorado needs D help, Jones is the best D prospect for a long time previously and a long time in the future and is a hometown kid. Doesn't matter what they do after the pick if they don't pick him they will get killed by the press and their fans. Pick this kid and be glad and move on from there.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:06 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Chicago trades their first and Teravainen to Calgary for their first and select ______

Old
05-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Chicago trades their first and Teravainen to Calgary for their first and select ______

Old
05-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Ryan Pulock. The Hawks have lots of F prospects but very few talented D prospects. The Hawks really need a guy who can QB the PP and here is that guy. He has a missile of a shot, good vision, great hands and and is an excellent passer. Also has good size and speed and is also a solid defender. His game and the style the Hawks play are made for each other.

Closed Thread