HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 04:23 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Do we know if Staal's blurred vision is permanent? Because that would seriously suck. Berard 2.0.
Obviously until it's back to 100% you can never be certain...but the doctors have stated they expect him to make a full recovery.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Deric

I think Staal is trolling and will play game 1.
With the lack of comments, I'd guess Clowe probably has a lower body injury + concussion, so who knows if he comes back at all.

A lot of people don't like it, but times like these you want the nfl rules that require them to tell the media everything. Stops arguments over mystery injuries and return time tables.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
goalsequalvictory

vCash: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric View Post
I think Staal is trolling and will play game 1.
With the lack of comments, I'd guess Clowe probably has a lower body injury + concussion, so who knows if he comes back at all.

A lot of people don't like it, but times like these you want the nfl rules that require them to tell the media everything. Stops arguments over mystery injuries and return time tables.
The fact that he didn't rule it out makes me think that it's a serious possibility. It's a very NYR thing to tell us nothing, and then we turn on the TV Thursday night and he's out on the ice. He sounded positive in his comments earlier today(posted on this thread), so I think that if he thinks he can do it, he'll play.

My guesses for order of return
1-Staal(Early in round 1, maybe thursday?)
2-Dorsett(Sometime next week probably, although Thursday isn't out of the question)_
3-Clowe(If it's a concussion, late 2nd round seems likely (4 weeks ish), if it's not, who knows)
4-Boyle(We know nothing about him, and based on that I can't imagine it's good)

It's totally possible that Clowe just pulled something and was taking a rest day, but that looked quite a bit like a concussion to me. Staal/Dorsett should be fairly soon, with Boyle being the wild card.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:56 PM
SnowblindNYR

I read on another board that EJ Hradek said that Staal's return does not look good. Anyone hear that? Fortunately, Hradek is an idiot.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I read on another board that EJ Hradek said that Staal's return does not look good. Anyone hear that? Fortunately, Hradek is an idiot.
Yeah I'd take anything he said with a grain of salt.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
goalsequalvictory

vCash: 249
Quote:
All you need to know right there. Take it with a large grain of salt.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:49 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Yup, still hate that guy after he told us the previous lockout was going to end...we all know how that went.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Dactyl

EJ would know all this how? apparently he has a crystal ball. staal wont play, pens wont be stopped, caps have most pressure of any eastern conference team. really EJ just shut up

Old
04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
If Hradek says he's out, then he's absolutely going to play Thursday. LOL.

Anyway, it would be great to have Staalsy and Dorsett back.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Who gives a **** what that loser Islander fan has to say?

Old
04-29-2013, 07:37 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
How sick would it be if NYI beat PIT, OTT beat MTL, We Beat the Caps and TOR miraculously beat BOS?

round 2 matchup would be

NYI-TOR
OTT-NYR

Two canadian teams vs the 2 New York Teams and then if both NY Teams win its NYI-NYR in the conference finals. With NYR coming out on top of course

Old
04-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Synergy27

When did the Rangers become such a super secretive organization? I mean, maybe I just haven't been paying attention for the last twenty plus years, but I don't recall them being this quiet about injuries. It's really silly.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Pizza

Sather is a knight templar, hence the secrecy.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:06 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
When did the Rangers become such a super secretive organization? I mean, maybe I just haven't been paying attention for the last twenty plus years, but I don't recall them being this quiet about injuries. It's really silly.
It's not silly at all. It's the playoffs, which means any information that you can keep from your opponent is advantageous. I don't blame them one bit for keeping quiet about who will/will not be in the lineup on Thursday. Some of you guys need to relax a bit and stop questioning management.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
It's not silly at all. It's the playoffs, which means any information that you can keep from your opponent is advantageous. I don't blame them one bit for keeping quiet about who will/will not be in the lineup on Thursday. Some of you guys need to relax a bit and stop questioning management.
I don't really have a problem with it now but during this past season it was a bit silly.

The panicing part of the fan base (me included) were thinking the worst on Nash when they could have just released some damn news

Old
04-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
I don't think it's just the Rangers, or hockey organizations, but professional sports teams all-together. Growing trend over the years. Not a big fan of it, personally.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Miller Time NYR
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Hradek is good for abaolutly nothing but blind speculation.

Quote:
Their not going to release information that's going to make key players targets in the playoffs, everything was hush hush around gaborik injury last year, Nash's injury at the beginning of the year and Boyle and clowes injuries of late, I wouldn't expect that to change one bit especially with the playoffs now.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:12 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
They're allowed to, but I can see why people find it unfair and ridiculous.

And they did it all season to. We literally heard nothing about Nash. What makes it worse is no other team does it really.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
They've been this way throughout the regular season and for most of the past several seasons. Also, I didn't really criticize the management outside of referring to their hush hush injury policy as "silly", so if you really think I need to relax I don't know what to say to you. I'm clearly very fired up about this eh?

Old
04-29-2013, 11:29 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
They've been this way throughout the regular season and for most of the past several seasons. Also, I didn't really criticize the management outside of referring to their hush hush injury policy as "silly", so if you really think I need to relax I don't know what to say to you. I'm clearly very fired up about this eh?
No need to take my post out of context...I never said you were fired up but okay. And that message wasn't directed towards just you, but you were the last person I saw to make a comment about it.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:48 AM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If Hradek says he's out, then he's absolutely going to play Thursday. LOL.

Anyway, it would be great to have Staalsy back and Dorsett ready to play his first game as a Ranger.
Had to fix it... as we haven't really 'had' Dorsett yet

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
04-30-2013, 07:46 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

I feel like all these guys will make "miraculous" recoveries by Thursday. It's the playoffs. Players play through injuries. I'm a bit less optimistic on Staal, considering it has to do with his vision, but I'm still hopeful because it seems like from the reports that he's just trying to adjust back to game speed. A few extra days of practice is a godsend. Thanks NHL schedulers!!!

Old
04-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
If it provides any kind of competitive advantage, then I don't really care how secretive they want to be. I have no reason to need to know aside from curiosity. I just want to see a winner on the ice.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
I feel like all these guys will make "miraculous" recoveries by Thursday. It's the playoffs. Players play through injuries. I'm a bit less optimistic on Staal, considering it has to do with his vision, but I'm still hopeful because it seems like from the reports that he's just trying to adjust back to game speed. A few extra days of practice is a godsend. Thanks NHL schedulers!!!
heres hoping. I don't see any reason to have them skate Monday or even Tuesday but Wednesday they have too or they are out

Dorsett- if he's cleared he will play 4th line

Clowe- same thing, hopefully its not a concussion cause then who knows

Staal- I think he's still out. If his vision was 100% sure but otherwise its his vision so they cant take the chance.

Torts wont run Powe, Asham, Newbury/Haley much if that's his options.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Was hoping for better news on the injury front, still have till gametime Thursday

Closed Thread