HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Halak Ness Monster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
It is April 29, 2013.

I am banging the table right now for Marqise Lee in the 2014 NFL draft.
I'm hoping Washington goes 2-14 and we get the #1 pick. Then we trade it for a boatload of picks to a team that wants JaDeveon Clowney or Teddy Bridgewater. Although I'm not really sold on Bridgewater. I think he'll wind up being a mid-low 1st round pick.

A lot will change in the next year. As it is shaping up now, the top of the 2014 draft will include some good offensive tackles. Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, and Cyrus Kouandjio. There are also a lot of QBs in the mix including Bridgewater, Tahj Boyd, Johnny Manziel, and David Fales.

For reference, here is a 2013 mock draft from May 1st, 2012:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aft/index.html

McLovin(Andrew Perloff) actually nailed the Barret Jones to St. Louis pick...just 3 rounds too early. BTW, that's why Jones was the steal of the draft. He was a 1st round pick this time last year. All he did in 2012 was win an award for being the top center in college football and win a National Championship.

Also, notice Ray-Ray Armstrong as the 25th overall pick. The Rams just signed him as an UDFA. He has serious talent.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I'm just not sure how people can watch baseball. Too many pauses and not anywhere near the amount of action to even make up for the pauses.
Watching a game on TV? No thank you. That's way boring. Watching one at the park in person? Hell yeah

Old
04-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
I'm hoping Washington goes 2-14 and we get the #1 pick. Then we trade it for a boatload of picks to a team that wants JaDeveon Clowney or Teddy Bridgewater. Although I'm not really sold on Bridgewater. I think he'll wind up being a mid-low 1st round pick.

A lot will change in the next year. As it is shaping up now, the top of the 2014 draft will include some good offensive tackles. Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, and Cyrus Kouandjio. There are also a lot of QBs in the mix including Bridgewater, Tahj Boyd, Johnny Manziel, and David Fales.

For reference, here is a 2013 mock draft from May 1st, 2012:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aft/index.html

McLovin(Andrew Perloff) actually nailed the Barret Jones to St. Louis pick...just 3 rounds too early. BTW, that's why Jones was the steal of the draft. He was a 1st round pick this time last year. All he did in 2012 was win an award for being the top center in college football and win a National Championship.

Also, notice Ray-Ray Armstrong as the 25th overall pick. The Rams just signed him as an UDFA. He has serious talent.
Mclovin actually knows his stuff. He had rg3 winning the heisman the season b4 he won it.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Love the Rams draft. Should be a very entertaining team next season. Explosive with good team speed on both side of the ball.

Watching Albert sink to .244 with 2 homers, I don't think he will ever make another all star team. Hamilton taking some of the heat off of him but unlike last year the Angels starting pitching is not a strong point and I don't see them competing for a playoff spot. Wonder what Albert's final numbers are going to be?
Loving every minute of it

Old
04-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Guess I'm alone in still cheering Albert Pujols....

Old
04-30-2013, 12:28 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
I'd give him a standing ovation(as I'm sure most Cards fans would) if he returned to St. Louis, but I don't actively wish for him to succeed. His success and/or failure do nothing for me. I could care less one way or another. At least he didn't go to the Cubs. That's all I care about.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Lost respect for the guy about the whole "It's not about the money" ordeal. The scummiest thing you can do as an athlete is lie to your whole fanbase.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:29 AM
Bruv
Loveless

Quote:
Lost respect for the guy about the whole "It's not about the money" ordeal. The scummiest thing you can do as an athlete is lie to your whole fanbase.
Same

Old
04-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Bluesman91

I mean that's like if Pietrangelo was a UFA instead of an RFA and he kept saying "I love St. Louis, It's not about the money" and then signing a 9 million dollar a year deal with the Rangers.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
I mean that's like if Pietrangelo was a UFA instead of an RFA and he kept saying "I love St. Louis, It's not about the money" and then signing a 9 million dollar a year deal with the Rangers.
With Albert, for me, it's more out of sight out of mind. I appreciate his time while he was here, but what is done is done and I've moved on like he has.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:40 AM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Agreed.

If it's about the money, just say so. I don't blame athletes for taking the big money. Their careers are typically short and they've got to earn while they can. I do blame them when they lie about it.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Albert said it was about the commitment to him and the Angels offered 20 years to the Cardinals' 10.

I don't feel he lied.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Albert said it was about the commitment to him and the Angels offered 20 years to the Cardinals' 10.

I don't feel he lied.
So a ten year personal services contract is all the difference in the commitment? What about the rabid fan base that worshiped him like a god? He was THE man here. He lied. He said he wasn't going to leave over a few million a year, which is exactly what he did. I don't blame him for taking the money. I would probably do the same thing. But don't tell me "The angels were tugging at my heart." And "god guided me to the angels". No, the money did that.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:44 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
If Petro was dominating the league for over 10 years here and lead us to 2 championships it would be comparable.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
If Petro was dominating the league for over 10 years here and lead us to 2 championships it would be comparable.
I would agree with that. If we do lose out in the playoffs this year and Petro ended up signing with Rangers or Philly for more money...it would suck but I'd probably still follow him as a fan. Of course, I've always been more of a hockey fan than baseball or football.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:08 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I appreciate, respect, and love what Pujols did for us, but that doesn't mean I have to wish him luck or want him to succeed elsewhere. Him leaving was more of a blessing in disguise anyway.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
So a ten year personal services contract is all the difference in the commitment? What about the rabid fan base that worshiped him like a god? He was THE man here. He lied. He said he wasn't going to leave over a few million a year, which is exactly what he did. I don't blame him for taking the money. I would probably do the same thing. But don't tell me "The angels were tugging at my heart." And "god guided me to the angels". No, the money did that.
Yes, I would say 10 years is quite a difference. How can it not be?

Old
04-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott

Quote:
No. When he comes back I hope the majority of cardinals fans will realize what he accomplished and how he paved the way for another era of great cardinals baseball. We will probably never see a player as great as albert was ever again, St.Louis fans are smart enough to realize that.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
The 10 years was for the money when he won't even be playing. He's old and 10 years was what was likely left on his career anyway, if that even. So it comes back to the whole money situation.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Yeah, I agree with this.

And its certainly possible that he didnt like being the man here, or at least the complete lack of privacy that being the man entails. Even after his rookie season, he never seemed to like to deal with his celebrity status with regards to the fans. And St. Louis is probably the worst place for a guy like that, especially if you are playing for the Cardinals. LA, on the other hand, is a city of stars, and even the biggest athletes are overshadowed by who is sitting in the first row.

But as a nonreligious person, the whole "god told me to do it" comes across as complete crap. I wont blame a guy for not leaving 30 million on the table, but dont put that on 8 pound 6 ounce baby jesus.

He certainly saved us from ourselves though, and is probably why Im not more mad at him. As irreplaceable as his production was, 1st base is probably the easiest position to replace. And it allowed us to lock up Yadi and Waino to big contracts without totally handcuffing ourselves long term. We also have two guys who can play first base. Paying 25 mil/year for ANY player's 32-42 y.o. seasons is so damn stupid, glad we didnt make that mistake.

It would have been hilarious if he went to Miami, though.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Cracked my entire iPhone screen and the touch screen doesn't work.

anyone know if this is fixable?

Old
05-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post

Might want to try a do-it-yourself kit from amazon (much cheaper than going through apple) to replace the screen. Hope that helps I would go without my phone.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post

I had a friend who used the people from this site: http://www.icracked.com/

Old
05-03-2013, 09:48 AM
SirPaste

That happened to my buddy and he took it to some store out in St Peters and they fixed it for him for like $50, I can find out the name of the store if you want.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Look at all the former cardinal greats are still involved with the team. He's had definitely still been involved. That whole "personal services contract" is a crock of crap to me. He should have known from experience the cards treat their own well.

Closed Thread