HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Hejda´s final interview of this season: It was horrible!

Old
04-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Eurolanche
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Eurolanche Send a message via Skype™ to Eurolanche
Hejda´s final interview of this season: It was horrible!

Hello guys! As usually, we did another interview with Jan Hejda. This time, it is not focused only on some short period of a time, but on the whole season. Hejda talked about very bad year for the team, but in spite of that it was relatively good year for him as a player. He also mentioned possibility of Hejduk´s retirement, shared about his next plans after the season and also talked about the next season.

It is here: http://www.eurolanche.com/article.php?id=2962

One short news. We will have very exclusive interview later on Monday. I cannot say you a name right now, but I can say it will be one of the greatest interview in our history.

Eurolanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:29 AM
IceRat

blaming lack of training camp .... Lol

not being able to find any motivation after being eliminated from playoff contention, even more laughable .... if there is any truth to that, dude should have been scratched every remaining game ... though I'm sure that is the kind of attitude allowed to fester in the locker room under their just dismissed coach

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 03:44 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post

not being able to find any motivation after being eliminated from playoff contention, even more laughable .... if there is any truth to that, dude should have been scratched every remaining game ... though I'm sure that is the kind of attitude allowed to fester in the locker room under their just dismissed coach
Even If they are professional athletes, It kinda sucks to play games without any meaning. They are human beings after all. Hejda was one of our better players, so I dunno why everyone keeps giving him ****.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:07 AM
Eurolanche
HFB Partner

I have known Hejda in person since his arrival in Denver.

All I can say he is one of the most responsible players on the roster. Every team has guys who do not much care about results. They focus on their performance and contracts. Hejda does not belong to this group.

Hejda wants to win with the Avalanche logo on his chest. He loves the team, he loves the city. I had a chance to saw him after the lost game in the locker room. How would I describe him? Sadness, frustration, depresing, mad... If he could, he would smash everything there. He really hates lossing, but the lost motivation and the bad team concept is not good after all to your mind.

He is very underrated player. He looks very silent... But really, if you were GM, you would love to have this kind of player on the team.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:13 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurolanche View Post
I have known Hejda in person since his arrival in Denver.

All I can say he is one of the most responsible players on the roster. Every team has guys who do not much care about results. They focus on their performance and contracts. Hejda does not belong to this group.

Hejda wants to win with the Avalanche logo on his chest. He loves the team, he loves the city. I had a chance to saw him after the lost game in the locker room. How would I describe him? Sadness, frustration, depresing, mad... If he could, he would smash everything there. He really hates lossing, but the lost motivation and the bad team concept is not good after all to your mind.

He is very underrated player. He looks very silent... But really, if you were GM, you would love to have this kind of player on the team.
That's 100% true. And I don't think he's searching for excuses but is simply honest. I like that a lot.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
That's 100% true. And I don't think he's searching for excuses but is simply honest. I like that a lot.
I like Hejda a lot. He knows his limitations and plays within himself. He tries pretty hard and is a reasonable and responsible defenseman. He is a likable guy.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone

It's interesting what he said about Giguere's outburst. Sounds like he doesn't approve of it at all. Then again the affect it seemed to have had on the team seemed like it was the right thing to do considering Sacco couldn't get them to do anything.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:23 AM
TatteredTornNFrayed
ocelot spleens, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post

He may have been speaking to what he believed what was affecting some teammates or an air he was detecting in the locker room, rather than a feeling he felt specifically himself. Whether he felt that emotion himself or not, team sport athletes learn to view things from the team perspective, and talk about such things as "we".

Also the training camp, the tighter game schedule, and the requirement for more days off in the new CBA was something real that many coaches have discussed. It limited time to work on certain things in practice, and that might affect younger teams more than experienced teams. On the other hand the younger guys might have had an quicker time getting back to game shape quickly after the lockout than the older guys did. I don't know if that had anything to do with us starting out average and then crashing later. I still felt the problems were more mental than physical or talent. And that's why I think the coach had to go.

TatteredTornNFrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:27 AM
TatteredTornNFrayed
ocelot spleens, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
It's interesting what he said about Giguere's outburst. Sounds like he doesn't approve of it at all. Then again the affect it seemed to have had on the team seemed like it was the right thing to do considering Sacco couldn't get them to do anything.
He mentioned they had a team discussion about it. I would speculate what happened was Giguere came in and told everyone that while he felt strongly about the things he said, he should not have aired it publicly in that way. And Hejda, an experienced guy who understands such things, was likely just echoing those sentiments from Giguere when asked about the incident.

TatteredTornNFrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Are you planning to come to the World Cup?

I am planning to. Leaving Denver right after the season.

And what is your plan after that?

After World Cup I will come back to Denver. We were planning with our physio coach to come back earlier and start getting ready for the upcoming season sooner. Then I plan to go to the Czech Republic for one month, in July as every year.

Would have been funny if he had said:"well, there is this Vegas trip that I've been talking about for weeks...."

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:18 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Based on these interviews, Euro, I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Huis Clos
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Hello guys! As usually, we did another interview with Jan Hejda. This time, it is not focused only on some short period of a time, but on the whole season. Hejda talked about very bad year for the team, but in spite of that it was relatively good year for him as a player. He also mentioned possibility of Hejduk´s retirement, shared about his next plans after the season and also talked about the next season.

It is here: http://www.eurolanche.com/article.php?id=2962

One short news. We will have very exclusive interview later on Monday. I cannot say you a name right now, but I can say it will be one of the greatest interview in our history.
Better than Dater.

Huis Clos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Based on these interviews, Euro, I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade.
Why is that? I don't really know who would say anything better about the season. I'm sure there is a lot of frustration and disappointment, no reason to think he has given up on the team.

Avs71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:04 PM
AvsFanRCN

Even Hejda recognizes that when he and Barrie was the best pairing for the both of them, but still Sacco was sticking Barrie with Zanon for the last half of the season

AvsFanRCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Good interview, thanks for doing this. It's interesting to hear some candid thoughts on how the season went.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:07 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Why is that? I don't really know who would say anything better about the season. I'm sure there is a lot of frustration and disappointment, no reason to think he has given up on the team.
I don't think he would ask for a trade, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did.

When a player as old as him isn't happy, he might want to move to a contender.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
I don't think he would ask for a trade, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did.

When a player as old as him isn't happy, he might want to move to a contender.
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I like Hejda and for the most part he has been average/good for us but he's also 35 years old and has two years remaining on his contract. We need veteran players and he has been good with Barrie but we're not contending in the next two years anyways.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Eurolanche
HFB Partner

Thank you guys for reading.

Quote:
No way he wants to leave the team. I know him too good on that. He really likes the team and the city. And it is not about classic positive words like from all players. If he was not be satisfied with the team, he would tell me it. But then I could not tell it to you. So my silence would be an answer. But I am know speaking. He loves it there and would like to play until the end of his career there.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:34 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Thank you guys for reading.

No way he wants to leave the team. I know him too good on that. He really likes the team and the city. And it is not about classic positive words like from all players. If he was not be satisfied with the team, he would tell me it. But then I could not tell it to you. So my silence would be an answer. But I am know speaking. He loves it there and would like to play until the end of his career there.
I like Hejda. Still have no idea why that moron decided to put Zanon with Barrie or worse send Barrie down because he was behind the likes of SOB Hunwick and Zanon. So glad that ass clown is not behind the bench

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Even If they are professional athletes, It kinda sucks to play games without any meaning. They are human beings after all. Hejda was one of our better players, so I dunno why everyone keeps giving him ****.
He makes almost $40,000 per game played. I don't give a **** how little or how much meaning a game has, if you're getting paid that much you better put in a complete effort every night. Earning his $20k per hour should be all the motivation he needs.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:39 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
He makes almost $40,000 per game played. I don't give a **** how little or how much meaning a game has, if you're getting paid that much you better put in a complete effort every night. Earning his $20k per hour should be all the motivation he needs.
I don't even know what you're ranting over tonight. Are you suggesting that professional athletes should be impervious the the ebb and flow of emotions that affect the human condition? Or are you suggesting that Hejda didn't act professionally? The guy gave an honest answer to an honest question. It's not like he said he was planning a trip to Vegas, he just said "After we have lost our chance to clinch the PO, it was difficult for all of us. After that, you have almost nothing to fight for, no motivation."

Did you even read the article where he talked about the plans for this summer. How he wants to get ready for the season sooner and his thoughts for what the team should work on for the next season?

Of all the people in the AVs locker-room who might have an attitude problem, I imagine this fella is at the bottom of the list.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I don't even know what you're ranting over tonight. Are you suggesting that professional athletes should be impervious the the ebb and flow of emotions that affect the human condition? Or are you suggesting that Hejda didn't act professionally? The guy gave an honest answer to an honest question. It's not like he said he was planning a trip to Vegas, he just said "After we have lost our chance to clinch the PO, it was difficult for all of us. After that, you have almost nothing to fight for, no motivation."

Did you even read the article where he talked about the plans for this summer. How he wants to get ready for the season sooner and his thoughts for what the team should work on for the next season?

Of all the people in the AVs locker-room who might have an attitude problem, I imagine this fella is at the bottom of the list.
I replied to a reply of another post, read it and you'll figure it out.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Drury_Sakic

I will never forget seeing Hedja in person at a Ducks game a year ago. During the pre-game skate I was sitting right behind the Avs bench. The whole time you could see Hejda talking to the guys. I can't remember if it was Barrie or Elliott, but one of the two kept skating up to Hejda and talking to him, and Hejda would point to one area of the ice or the other. Stastny was also skating with Hejda often during the warmup and the two talked a ton.

Brad Malone also skated in the pre-game skate, did not play in the game, and he and Hejda stood together right by the bench for a good minute or two talking and Brad would say something, then nod a few times as Hejda talked.

The only other player who carried himself like that during the pre-game was Hejduk, who also was chatting up the younger players the whole time.

Guy seems like a natural leader and someone who could be a coach someday.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
I will never forget seeing Hedja in person at a Ducks game a year ago. During the pre-game skate I was sitting right behind the Avs bench. The whole time you could see Hejda talking to the guys. I can't remember if it was Barrie or Elliott, but one of the two kept skating up to Hejda and talking to him, and Hejda would point to one area of the ice or the other. Stastny was also skating with Hejda often during the warmup and the two talked a ton.

Brad Malone also skated in the pre-game skate, did not play in the game, and he and Hejda stood together right by the bench for a good minute or two talking and Brad would say something, then nod a few times as Hejda talked.

The only other player who carried himself like that during the pre-game was Hejduk, who also was chatting up the younger players the whole time.

Guy seems like a natural leader and someone who could be a coach someday.
I'm not so sure about that. I think it's just because the rest of the team is so young, and somebody's got to take on that role. At that time, only him and Hejduk were over 30.

I do think Hejda seems more comfortable with a leadership role than Hejduk though. Also seems like he helps the young D a lot too, like Barrie who didn't really turn the corner with his game until he was paired with him.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote