Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Patrice37

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
As horrible as this human being is (Tsarnaev), he is still a citizen of the United States and thus deserves legal council.

Honestly this reminds me of the Boston Massacre where John Adams defended those British Soldiers in court. He was not a popular man.
I like that you mentioned this. It is a good example except for the fact the Brits were pretty much mobbed by the Boston citizens with whatever they could pick up and throw. They did not just walk into the street and start opening fire, there was some level of instigation.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:14 PM
BrainOfJ
Diva

Only in this sick world can you become a twitter all star by being a terrorist.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:22 PM
ed bruin

you dont realize how precious life is until horrible things like this hit home. my sister works in gov't center and one of my friends work at the starbuck in newbury st and both of them were thinking of going to watch the marathon around 2 during their break but thank goodness they didnt. Heck my friend said he felt the shock from the starbucks he works in... just so horrible

Old
04-29-2013, 09:39 PM
BaBaBruins
Tuukka Time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
He doesn't actually "deserve" counsel, but he'll get it, thanks to the Administration's decision to not hold him as an enemy combant and detain him indefinitely. Act of terrorism on American soil of which we don't know all the details. More come out daily. Monther's involvement; woman's DNA on bombs... Now he'll be represented by superstar defense attorneys looking to make the big time. Makes ya sick.
I wouldn't worry about the superstar attorneys looking to make the big time....this isn't the OJ trial and we ain't in Kansas anymore.......the information superhighway of media seizures spawns a nationwide case of A.D.D. that even the Maharishi himself would be bewildered by......

Sorry for being so cynical but the sad truth is outside of the Boston area most of the country is going to move on to the next media freak show as soon as it is available for consumption.....if it hasn't happened already.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:01 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevHortonHeat View Post
I wouldn't worry about the superstar attorneys looking to make the big time....this isn't the OJ trial and we ain't in Kansas anymore.......the information superhighway of media seizures spawns a nationwide case of A.D.D. that even the Maharishi himself would be bewildered by......

Sorry for being so cynical but the sad truth is outside of the Boston area most of the country is going to move on to the next media freak show as soon as it is available for consumption.....if it hasn't happened already.
www.cnn.com

On Monday, a federal judge appointed prominent defense lawyer Judy Clarke to represent the wounded suspect, who could be sentenced to death if convicted.

Legal colleagues consider Clarke to be the nation's foremost expert on defending federal capital cases. She has represented numerous high-profile clients facing Death Row, including Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber; Eric Rudolph, who admitted to the 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombing and other attacks; and Jared Lee Loughner, who pleaded guilty to killing six people and wounding 13, including then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in a Tucson, Arizona, shooting spree. All of them are serving life in prison.

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Old
04-30-2013, 12:07 AM
BrainOfJ
Diva

I can't link it cause there's some swearing but there is an awesome video of a guy in Cambridge confronting one of those infowars hacks on YouTube.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:20 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
He doesn't actually "deserve" counsel, but he'll get it, thanks to the Administration's decision to not hold him as an enemy combant and detain him indefinitely. Act of terrorism on American soil of which we don't know all the details. More come out daily. Monther's involvement; woman's DNA on bombs... Now he'll be represented by superstar defense attorneys looking to make the big time. Makes ya sick.
I am NO fan of this administration (not even a teeny tiny bit) but it was the right call not making him an enemy combatant.

Again. he's a United States citizen. You go down a very VERY slippery slope if our government decides when to pick and choose taking away our rights. And no.. you're rights as an American citizen don't magically disappear even if you kill people in the name of Islam.

Now.. if he was here on a visa, that would be a totally different story.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
I am NO fan of this administration (not even a teeny tiny bit) but it was the right call not making him an enemy combatant.

Again. he's a United States citizen. You go down a very VERY slippery slope if our government decides when to pick and choose taking away our rights. And no.. you're rights as an American citizen don't magically disappear even if you kill people in the name of Islam.

He should have never been allowed to become a citizen. All the warning signs were there at the point he got it.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:44 AM
MioneRask134

According to the Boston Herald, the suspects benefitted from more than $100,000 in taxpayer funded assistance, including cash, food stamps, and section 8 housing from 2002-2012.

Makes you think who else is using that assistance to plot against us. We all know the welfare system in Massachusetts especially is messed up, but wow.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
According to the Boston Herald, the suspects benefitted from more than $100,000 in taxpayer funded assistance, including cash, food stamps, and section 8 housing from 2002-2012.

Makes you think who else is using that assistance to plot against us. We all know the welfare system in Massachusetts especially is messed up, but wow.
Let me just say that I applied very honestly for Disability last year and was denied. I am now living alone and doing everything myself. (and I have an honest to god disability).....so if its true they were getting that money, I'm a little pissed.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:39 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:

'Murica

smh

Old
04-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Fire Julien

Quote:

Welcome to Taxachusetts.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Bad Hat Harry

Quote:

Disgusting that we (in part or indirectly) funded these monsters, and that they attacked and betrayed the country that helped them when they were in need.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I can't link it cause there's some swearing but there is an awesome video of a guy in Cambridge confronting one of those infowars hacks on YouTube.
u can link not embed

Old
04-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Alicat
Charge!

I heard this morning that they may offer him life in prison if he agrees to spill it all.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-30-2013, 08:17 AM
hoss75

Quote:

This... It was the right call.
And I truly don't think anyone truly thinks the guy shouldn't have a trial... I think they're just fed up with the justice system and even more so with the penal system.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:20 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
u can link not embed
No, you can't.

Quote:
4) Offensive Posts, Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
04-30-2013, 08:36 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
I heard this morning that they may offer him life in prison if he agrees to spill it all.
I wouldn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. At this point he'd probably say anything to be spared the death penalty.

Funny he had no problem sentencing three people to death himself

Old
04-30-2013, 08:41 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
This... It was the right call.
And I truly don't think anyone truly thinks the guy shouldn't have a trial... I think they're just fed up with the justice system and even more so with the penal system.
I know in my mind it is no longer the "justice" system, as justice is so seldom done for anyone involved. And I think people rightfully fear that Asshat #2 is going to get away with it somehow, even if he spends life in prison. We're already seeing it now with people trying to excuse his actions with one sorry rationale or another.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:46 AM
hoss75

Quote:
www.cnn.com

On Monday, a federal judge appointed prominent defense lawyer Judy Clarke to represent the wounded suspect, who could be sentenced to death if convicted.

Legal colleagues consider Clarke to be the nation's foremost expert on defending federal capital cases. She has represented numerous high-profile clients facing Death Row, including Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber; Eric Rudolph, who admitted to the 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombing and other attacks; and Jared Lee Loughner, who pleaded guilty to killing six people and wounding 13, including then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in a Tucson, Arizona, shooting spree. All of them are serving life in prison.
This stinks.....worst thing I heard all day. This is why people are P.O.'d and want a military tribunal.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
It's essentially just a guy cursing him out. It's far more awesome to attack their points and discredit them intellectually, anyone with a mouth and a somewhat solid grasp of the english language can curse someone out.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:56 AM
CDJ*

We've already given assface enough of our money and I believe the death penalty is more expensive than life in prison when the appellate courts are factored in.

It is of my personal belief that 23 hours a day in a room for the rest of my life is worth than death, so I can't really be mad either way his case turns out. If he's dead I am happy. If he is locked away in seclusion (he would be isolated) for what will likely be multiple decades then I am fine with that too

Old
04-30-2013, 10:24 AM
BrainOfJ
Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
It's essentially just a guy cursing him out. It's far more awesome to attack their points and discredit them intellectually, anyone with a mouth and a somewhat solid grasp of the english language can curse someone out.
Any form of public embarrassment for those nuts is enough for me.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I wouldn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. At this point he'd probably say anything to be spared the death penalty.

Funny he had no problem sentencing three people to death himself
He apparently has been saying to investigate his sister in law and the FBI has been trying to get her to agree to an interview for the past few days. They took a dna sample yesterday.

All I want is for them to find out why and then let the sucker rot in hell.

I also want my city back but that's just not going to happen.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:06 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
He apparently has been saying to investigate his sister in law and the FBI has been trying to get her to agree to an interview for the past few days. They took a dna sample yesterday.

All I want is for them to find out why
and then let the sucker rot in hell.

I also want my city back but that's just not going to happen.
They were Jihadists. There's your reason. Their ultimate goal is that the entire world should be ruled under Sharia law. You either convert, pay a tax to remain an infidel or you die. It's that simple. It's terrifying.

(and just to be clear, I'm not saying everyone who practices Islam is an extremist because they aren't. But these ****ers were.)

Closed Thread