HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa Bay 3rd for Calgary 6th +

Old
04-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Flamester

vCash: 500
Tampa Bay 3rd for Calgary 6th +

calgarys 6th, + pittsburghs 1st round pick + mike cammalleri for Tampa's 3rd

Flamester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
No way from the Flames.

Chances are Jones and Mac are gone... I'm not trading Monahan/Lindholm , 1st PIT, + Cammy for Drouin.

Calgary's strongest position is LW. Baertschi, Gaudreau, GlenX, Cammy. Drafting a good C @ 6 and keeping our other assets is what the Flames should do.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:36 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

i'm not sure if this is a serious proposal. so they trade Cammalleri along with their own 1st and Pittsburgh's 1st to move up 3 spots? that's about as bad an offer i've seen since the draft lottery. plus, they need a center more than a winger and i'd bet that Mackinnon is gone before then.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:36 AM
dahrougem2

Looking at the Flames' depth, its been known for years that they lack a true #1 center, and you can grab that at 6 because MacKinnon is most likely gone to Florida at 2. Me personally, I'd take Shinkaruk at 6 over Monahan for the simple fact that Monahan to me projects to be a solid two-way 2nd line center, but Shinkaruk just has so much offensive potential I can see him as the 1st line center of the future for the Flames

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:38 AM
western redmen

vCash: 562
I know us flames love TJ Brodie but I think he is the only player (age wise) that would garner significant interest from the lightning.
Pit 1st
Stl 1st
Brodie
For
TB 1st
And MAYBE something else

western redmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Flamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
i'm not sure if this is a serious proposal. so they trade Cammalleri along with their own 1st and Pittsburgh's 1st to move up 3 spots? that's about as bad an offer i've seen since the draft lottery. plus, they need a center more than a winger and i'd bet that Mackinnon is gone before then.
after the top 4 ,the depth on this draft declines significantly. think about it this way would you rather have lindholm who is more likely to be a very good second line center-man or mackinnon/ barkov who will surely be number 1 centers in this league. this team had been looking for a that number 1 center-man for years, and i think they will do anything possible to move up. i think its a fair deal.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:44 AM
Flamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
I know us flames love TJ Brodie but I think he is the only player (age wise) that would garner significant interest from the lightning.
Pit 1st
Stl 1st
Brodie
For
TB 1st
And MAYBE something else
sorry but honestly i think the 2 untouchables in this team right now are brodie and sven baertschi. he just has so much potential, and the flames arent willing to trade one of our youngest stars.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Djp

Quote:
Pit 1st
Stl 1st
Brodie
For
TB 1st
And MAYBE something else

Tampa is going to give up #3 for 2 picks that would be around 27-30???

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:48 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
sorry but honestly i think the 2 untouchables in this team right now are brodie and sven baertschi. he just has so much potential, and the flames arent willing to trade one of our youngest stars.
If you want to move up to 3rd that badly, a defenseman almost must be included in the trade because they're atrocious on the back end. Not saying Brodie, but someone significant

Old
04-30-2013, 12:49 AM
western redmen

Quote:
TB dosnt need more scoring so adding Cammy would be redundant. You have to give up a quality young defenseman for TB to even consider moving down

Old
04-30-2013, 12:51 AM
western redmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Tampa is going to give up #3 for 2 picks that would be around 27-30???
If you watched Brodie play then you should know how good he can become.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Flamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
If you want to move up to 3rd that badly, a defenseman almost must be included in the trade because they're atrocious on the back end. Not saying Brodie, but someone significant
idk if calgary would be willing to let go of giodano, but if we did you guys would have to add to this offer forsure. he is has been our top d man for the past 4 years

Old
04-30-2013, 12:53 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
idk if calgary would be willing to let go of giodano, but if we did you guys would have to add to this offer forsure. he is has been our top d man for the past 4 years
Well I'm not so sure about that because its the Flames wanting to move up, the Lightning are perfectly fine where they are so they hold all the bargaining chips

Old
04-30-2013, 12:54 AM
western redmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Someone significant? You are not getting Hamilton or larsson for the 3rd over all pick. If TB want drouin then by all means go for it. But I would take Brodie over any Dmen other than jones in this draft.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:57 AM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

vCash: 50
I think poster wants to get into range for barkov. From flames pov I'd do 6th overall + STL 1st + some random prospect to go after barkov/macK

OptimusForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:07 AM
Akonite

Mike Cammalleri's 6M cap hit would be hard to fit in Tampa IIRC they don't have much room going into next season. Kind of a non starter in my eyes.

I agree with OptimusForever that it'd probably be for Barkov, but this is not the basis for a realistic deal. If I'm Calgary, moving to get Barkov is something I'd definitely explore more.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Jacko95

Well most is said, Tampa only listens to offers for good defenders/ highl-end prospects on defense.

One proposal that was talked on our boards was PHX first + Gormley for our first, but that was if we would be picking at #4.

Back to this proposal. Only two players I am interested from you would be Giordano or Brodie. I am willing to add to get one of them.

My offers to add would be EITHER:

JT Brown
Jaroslav Janus
Eric Brewer
or Ryan Malone

So you can decide which one is off interest for you and which defender you would give up for that.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:27 AM
armandh01

Would calgary trade both their bottom 1sts and Glencross for another top 10 pick? (7th)

Just curious, I know it seems like a lot but usually it costs a lot even to move up a couple of spots.

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Would calgary trade both their bottom 1sts and Glencross for another top 10 pick? (7th)

Just curious, I know it seems like a lot but usually it costs a lot even to move up a couple of spots.
They shouldn't. They have a great chance to get prospect depth and even though it pains me to say it, Glencross has turned out pretty great for them.

Edmonton and Calgary won't trade valuable assets to each other anyways.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Iceonfire

Considering Tampa probably wants to enter a win now mode. I could see them being open to move back. But the price would be huge.

Like 1st+Gio for their 1st. That way they can get Lindholm to replace Lecalvier and get a top pairing D that would instantly help them.

Im sure they like Drouin but goal scoring is not TBs problem.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Considering Tampa probably wants to enter a win now mode. I could see them being open to move back. But the price would be huge.

Like 1st+Gio for their 1st. That way they can get Lindholm to replace Lecalvier and get a top pairing D that would instantly help them.

Im sure they like Drouin but goal scoring is not TBs problem.
I would do the Gio offer, but why do we need a VL4 replacement? He is still top30 (within centers) in the league in scoring as a 2C, other teams don't even have that as their 1C.
He is overpaid and has some health issues, but we have enough talent to replace him while injured and the rest of the year he is a great player.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:22 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Someone significant? You are not getting Hamilton or larsson for the 3rd over all pick. If TB want drouin then by all means go for it. But I would take Brodie over any Dmen other than jones in this draft.
I'm not a Lightning fan, but from a TB perspective if Calgary wanted to move up to 3, the Lightning hold all the bargaining power. They can draft Drouin but if Calgary wanted the 3rd pick, they'd likely need to package Giordano along with the 7th pick to get to 3

Old
04-30-2013, 02:23 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
If this trade were to go down I think it would be build around Giordano with big pieces added. Stl 1st and then maybe a good prospect like Horak.

Even then im not sure Tampa would even think about it.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:26 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Hey Tampa. I know you guys got a ton of skilled forwards and are in position to draft another, but would you instead trade him for an old skilled forward and a lower draft pick?

Please please please don't make deals without at least considering the other team's needs.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:15 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

TB doesn't hesitate. Nate is gonna be such a bust.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote