HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lottery (the winning balls edition)

Old
04-29-2013, 08:29 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The only languages I care about are goalish, assistish, and pointsanese.
i think this guy should be a 25 goal 40 assist guy easy with competent linemates.. .. oh and one extra tidbit, the guy is absolute dynamite in shootouts from what ive watched.. we really need to improve our team game in shootouts...

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
fixed. Can't score from the press box or the 4th line.
I think Barkov will be too good for that, even for the neckless one.

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:05 AM
Zikolako
mailataikuri

From Nääsville to Nashville, I like that. Sasha Barkov is from Tampere (russian parents) and Tampere is known as NÄÄSVILLE here in Finland so it fits. And you are going to love him, after watching him playing the last three years I have to say he is one special prospect. Hard to compare him to likes of Selänne, but he has chances to become one of the best finnish players of all time.

Zikolako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:24 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SzabaDabaDyy View Post
From Nääsville to Nashville, I like that. Sasha Barkov is from Tampere (russian parents) and Tampere is known as NÄÄSVILLE here in Finland so it fits. And you are going to love him, after watching him playing the last three years I have to say he is one special prospect. Hard to compare him to likes of Selänne, but he has chances to become one of the best finnish players of all time.
what do you see a reasonable point production to be at most potential being reached? i pegged him at 25/40/65 .. maybe more if his game translates seamlessly (i think it will)..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Oan

I think he has potential to 90p season in his prime.

Oan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:13 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
I think he has potential to 90p season in his prime.
With right players around him and chemistry he could put up 90points in a season at his prime but i think that he is more about consistant PPG player who plays selke calibre of defence. I don't think that Barkov has clear peaks or downs in his point production. Mikko Koivu is just little below PPG player right and i see Barkov as more talented offensively in every way. The great thing about Barkov is despite he is excellent and natural playmaker he can score alot of goals too. He scored 21 goals in FEL this year which was about top 5 in whole league. I could see him as 30-35 goal scorer pretty easily might hit even 40 at his peak. But predicting point production isn't smart there is many other factors that could have big impact on that other than Barkov.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:58 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

All of this with Barkov makes me wonder why he'd still be there at 4???

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:31 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
That's what I'm thinking. I think its possible that some team above us convinces themselves that he's. A better option than mackinnon. Which will obviously be fine. I think the only way we possibly screw ourselves is if we take the russian, but if he is definitely confined to the khl for two more years I don't see how poile goes that route. We need immediate help

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Persona5

vCash: 700
One of the main reasons he will more than likely be there at 4 is he has never played on NA ice. The style of game he play however will lend itself well to the smaller rinks and he has the size already to do well.

The fact is we will get Jones/Mack/Drouin/Barkov and that is awesome. Nush does have a contract for two more years but he is trying to get out of it so he can play in the NHL next season and even if he can't he has an out clause in the contract so he will be able to come over the next season at the latest. I do not want us to pick him no matter what though. Half the russian taken in the top 5 over the past 12 years or so have been busts. I'll be happy if we get one of the 4 I listed above.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:13 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Because he's a great player, but this is a draft that's deep in high-end players. Part of why I was okay with losing so badly all season...I've been following this draft for almost two years, and I knew that a top 10 pick would mean a very good player.

He'll be there because he's a fantastic player, but Jones\Mackinnon\Drouin(and possibly Nicushkin) are just...even better.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:01 AM
WartracePred

Are any of these 4 better prospects than Radulov? Weren't his numbers in the QJHL astounding? I know Mac and Drouin have great numbers, but don't they play on the same line? Will their numbers be as gaudy when broken up? It's like having Kane and Toews on the same line. That happens rarely in the NHL.

Everyone is super excited about this draft, myself included. We were just as excited about Wilson, who was picked at 7 or 8, and he's taken a while to develop.

Forsberg has the potential to be really good, but it's going to take time.

If we pick Barkov, Drouin, or Mac, they won't set the world on fire next season. Radulov scored around 15 goals his rookie season, but he was surrounded by highly skilled and/or experienced offensive players - Arny, Sully, Dumont, Leggy, Erat, Hartnell, and come playoff time, Foppa. Our pick this year will not have the same talent surrounding him next season. In 2-3 seasons, the Preds should be much improved offensively. I wouldn't expect too much from the young guys in 2013-2014.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:04 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

At 17 years old, Barkov is 6'2" 205lb. Just sayin'

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Oan

6'3" actually now.

Oan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:12 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
At 17 years old, Barkov is 6'2" 205lb. Just sayin'
That's big for his age. So he'll probably grow a couple more inches. Does he use his size? Let's hope he doesn't play as soft as Arnott.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:54 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm not sure if he hits or not, but he seems to use his size to shield the puck while driving the net and he seems to be able to get position on defenders to get around them when chasing the puck. Two things Arnott did not seem to do consistently. With him being an European prospect I would imagine his physical game would need some polishing to adjust to the NA game.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

he's not really a "hitter" or power forward, but he does use his size to his advantage for puck protection..a la Joe Thornton.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote