HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
04-30-2013, 06:40 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Lots of people wanted them to rest against the Leafs.

NE Champs regards.......

So glad Markov didn't get injured in that last game of the season.
(I'd be so bitter! I thought it was a close one when Komarov gave him a solid bodycheck and Markov fell a bit on one knee...I really thought he was out for one year!).

So glad our top 4 is healthy Subban, Markov, Gorges, and Diaz going into the playoffs. And, looking forward to the continuation of Tinordi's solid play and mean streak.

Go Habs Go!!!!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Gallagher's game is well suited for the playoffs but he's a rookie.

Pacioretty will make Roy look silly. Just watch. I expect big things from him even though it's his first playoffs.

Agreed about Subban though, the guy is a big game player. He showed it against the bruins in game 7 down one goal in the dying minutes.
I haven't seen Gallagher have a bad game or take a shift off all season. Pacioretty has had quite a few of those this season. Roy is right. Patches needs to take his game out of the perimeter and get involved physically. He did some of that against the Laffs.

My feeling is that Gallagher, Subban, Tinordi & Eller are gonna shine - especially Eller. Something tells me he's ready to become a leader on this team. I was totally blown away by his play against the Make Believes.

Last edited by Habs Icing: 04-30-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

You can't show an example of ONE goal and state it as fact. He needed to show more than one and identify things as trends. The segment was poorly done and incredibly stupid.
Where was he going to find the time? I hope you realize he would have to spend another 15 minutes in the editing room instead at a Toronto bar.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:00 AM
BrimStone64

Ottawa plays us tough even without Anderson and Karlsson. Price has a history of shaky goaltending in playoffs...we'll be lucky to win this series

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:01 AM
Top Corner2

The Sens are going to be a really tough out. I don't like this match up for the habs or for Carey Price. We will be up against a goalie that can steal a whole series and who was the best goalie in the league this year before getting injured. Not to mention Ottawa has a really deep and under rated blueline.

If the habs are opportunistic & Carey is great we win. If we start getting frustrated by offensively...watchout...then it will be Carey vs Craig.

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Where was he going to find the time? I hope you realize he would have to spend another 15 minutes in the editing room instead at a Toronto bar.
There are researchers paid to do that for him. He just has to tell them what he's looking for.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There are researchers paid to do that for him. He just has to tell them what he's looking for.
I'm guessing the joke went over your head and you took me seriously. I'll remember to use a next time.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Ottawa plays us tough even without Anderson and Karlsson. Price has a history of shaky goaltending in playoffs...we'll be lucky to win this series
No he doesn't. Maybe in 2009, but the entire team was a joke.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:33 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Is Pageau the Sens' Gallagher? (Not nearly as good of course)

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm guessing the joke went over your head and you took me seriously. I'll remember to use a next time.
Blame the quality of posts throughout the season on these boards for that..

I just never know anymore..

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
No he doesn't. Maybe in 2009, but the entire team was a joke.
Except for the series against Tim Thomas and the Bruins in 2011, Price has been underwhelming in the playoffs.

To be honest I'm not brimming with confidence when it comes to Price. I feel like he could just as easily crap the bed as he could steal the series.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Except for the series against Tim Thomas and the Bruins in 2011, Price has been underwhelming in the playoffs.

To be honest I'm not brimming with confidence when it comes to Price. I feel like he could just as easily crap the bed as he could steal the series.
Except for that series? What other series would you attach more relevance to - the one when he was 20 years old? Price's last playoff series against Boston was fantastic and is FAR more relevant than anything he did when he was a raw kid.

Wanna see Anderson's playoff stats when he was 20 and 21? Total 0-5, with a save% under .900. Oh - and that was with the OHL and AHL!

Can we please stop citing Price's post-puberty playoff stats as if they're relevant to the goalie he is today?

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He absolutely is a better goalie. Anderson is hotter than Price but you're out of your mind if you think any team in the league would trade Price for Anderson.
Maybe and probably not but my point still stand. Anderson has been a better goalie than Price this year and is now going imto the PO. I mean you cannot sit down , compare both guys stats and objectively say that Price has been better than Anderson for the 2012-2013 season. Sure stats may not mean everything and yes Price may be better overall but he wasn't this year. As i said that doesn't mean Anderson will outplay Price in the PO but it's not far fetched to think the Sens may have an edge in goaltending going in the series based on what both guys accomplished recently.

And hot goalies can be as dangerous as good and constant goalies. See : Halak in 09-10. Without him playing over his head we don't win against Washington and Pittsburgh.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:46 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

If I could get some advice from you guys it would be great.

Going to Cancun Mexcio next Wednesday, staying at the Grand Oasis, I called in and asked and they said they do have internet, but does anyone know if there internet will be fast enough for me to be able to watch games online? Also are there usaully websites that would have it online, I know CBC streams playoff games, but you have to be in Canada to be able to watch those.

Thanks in advance.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:10 AM
dutchy29

KEYS: Markov has to be better defensively. In his prime not only did he run the PP
but you could count on him in the back end. Hes young enough he should not have had a big of downward spiral in his game and I believe its more about commitment and hardwork. Come on Markov!

Price: Obvious don't need to discuss this much, yadayadayada our defense was
poor down the stretch and all that, he has to come up with bigger saves especially early in games, we play confident with the lead, Carey has to give the boys a chance to get it.

Puck possession, forecheck, speed, transition. all things we did well for 80% of the season and saw glimses of vs. Toronto last game of season. keep it up!

Penalty Kill has to improve drastically, probably should have put this first on list. I think we are running around 80%, not gonna cut it in the playoffs, if we can't fix that we are toast.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Maybe and probably not but my point still stand. Anderson has been a better goalie than Price this year and is now going imto the PO. I mean you cannot sit down , compare both guys stats and objectively say that Price has been better than Anderson for the 2012-2013 season. Sure stats may not mean everything and yes Price may be better overall but he wasn't this year. As i said that doesn't mean Anderson will outplay Price in the PO but it's not far fetched to think the Sens may have an edge in goaltending going in the series based on what both guys accomplished recently.

And hot goalies can be as dangerous as good and constant goalies. See : Halak in 09-10. Without him playing over his head we don't win against Washington and Pittsburgh.
Sure a hot goalie is important. Some goalies play great against other teams too. Look at these stats:

Price hasn't had a regulation loss against Ottawa in three seasons.
His save percentage against them the past three years: .939, .951, .944
Anderson's record against us is .500 in the past three seasons.
His save percentage over the Habs the past three seasons .931, .879., 953

It's also worth noting that Anderson only played two games against us this year and we split with him.

Which stats do you want to look at? Anderson's had a better season but he's only played 24 games. Dude, 24 games is nothing. Yeah, he's been great but let's keep things in perspective. ANY goalie can get hot (look at Martin Biron a few years back) and maybe he will beat us. But I'm just fine going into that series with Price and you should be too.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post

Going to Cancun Mexcio next Wednesday, staying at the Grand Oasis, I called in and asked and they said they do have internet, but does anyone know if there internet will be fast enough for me to be able to watch games online? Also are there usaully websites that would have it online, I know CBC streams playoff games, but you have to be in Canada to be able to watch those.

Thanks in advance.
Hotel internet is rarely fast enough to be watching streams.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:15 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Hotel internet is rarely fast enough to be watching streams.

fml

I've never been down south, but does anyone know if I go into the city or something they might have an internet cafe with fast enough speed?

Old
04-30-2013, 09:21 AM
dutchy29

Quote:

fml

I've never been down south, but does anyone know if I go into the city or something they might have an internet cafe with fast enough speed?
honestly bro its the first round, have fun in the sun, go snorkling or fishing or something, go see the ruins, party it up, forget the Habs, when you get back we will be getting ready to play the Bruins.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:

fml

Go to Rogers and get an internet stick. Problem solved

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:25 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
honestly bro its the first round, have fun in the sun, go snorkling or fishing or something, go see the ruins, party it up, forget the Habs, when you get back we will be getting ready to play the Bruins.
Nah way, I've missed maybe, 5-10 regular season games and never missed a playoff game in the past 15 years that I have been able to watch..

I guess worse comes to worse listening on the radio

Old
04-30-2013, 09:27 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Go to Rogers and get an internet stick. Problem solved
Isn't that going to be like super expensive because it would be in another country.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
We've played extremely well against the Sens this year. Yes, the season series was essentially 2-2 but one loss Ben Bishop completely stole the show. I know Karlsson didn't play against us but he's only one player (albeit an extremely good one).
Karlsson actually played in the first 2 games of the season series.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Habbadasher

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I was recently down there, also at a "Grand" and the internet was not fast enough, and the computers were over 10 years old. No wifi, except in the lobby. Check tripadvisor.com

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:56 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

dammit, going to call rogers about that internet net stick.

thanks for the advice guys.