HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
BRAD HABSFAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthegoon View Post
Considering the minimal ice time he's getting, couldn't ask for more. I'm more than happy with what he has shown so far. And as for the explosion your refering to in these play-offs, I'm not worried at all about the kids.
The kid seems like the real deal and I love his desire to drive the net when hes on a rush. he will learn its almost impossible at times to deke 2 dman but i love his push.. kid will be a great one

Old
04-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu 11 View Post
I've been saying this all year but do you guys remember how Tyler Seguin barely played his rookie season for the Booins and then in the first round of the playoffs he just broke out with a couple huge games and end to end rushes...

This is exactly what Chuckie seems poised to do. He had a better rookie season coming off a knee...started well...had a big down...got hot...and now it's playoff time and players like him thrive in these situations. Look for him and Gally to score some big goals!!!

It's just part of the ebbs and flows of the game. Look at Ovechkin's career...starts crazy good...big slump for a few years...and now is a better player than he has ever been, developing real leadership and all around contribution to his team. Point of that comparison is I think that the more talented the player the more drastic the ups and downs are and big playoff runs are the perfect opportunity to breakout.

Can't wait for puck drop on Thursday Night!!!!
Very relieved to see this post. I saw the thread title and was afraid that Galchenyuk had become the drummer for Spinal Tap.

Seriously, Ottawa's good defensive system won't make it easy for Galchenyuk to explode. He'll continue to get better, but any big leaps this season might have to wait for the second round.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I've been saying this all year but do you guys remember how Tyler Seguin barely played his rookie season for the Booins and then in the first round of the playoffs he just broke out with a couple huge games and end to end rushes...

This is exactly what Chuckie seems poised to do. He had a better rookie season coming off a knee...started well...had a big down...got hot...and now it's playoff time and players like him thrive in these situations. Look for him and Gally to score some big goals!!!

It's just part of the ebbs and flows of the game. Look at Ovechkin's career...starts crazy good...big slump for a few years...and now is a better player than he has ever been, developing real leadership and all around contribution to his team. Point of that comparison is I think that the more talented the player the more drastic the ups and downs are and big playoff runs are the perfect opportunity to breakout.

Tyler Seguin didn't explode in the POs that year. He was a healthy scratch until the TB series. He had two great first games with 6 pts, then he disappeared again scoring 1 assist in the 11 other games with his ice time dropping as low as 6:21.
He wasn't an important piece of the puzzle for the Bruins.

It's as if I say A.Kost really stepped up in the POs for us in 09-10 when we reached the ECF, but really, like Seguin, he only played well in the first two games with 5 pts, and then kinda went missing.

Galchenyuk went through a little funk this year that lasted for 14 games. But he finishes with 27 pts in 48 gp (slightly better pace than the one of Seguin in his rookie POs), on a hot streak, and on one of the best 3rd lines heading into the POs.
If you hope he explodes, then he would have to produce even more, which would truly be incredible for a rookie. But don't bet on it.
Be happy if he can maintain his performance.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Speaking of explosion, I know we've had Galchenyuk for a while, and I should be able to control myself by now, and this shouldn't still be happening, but I can't help it when I watch him play...

Every game I experience the Galchenyuk explosion.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Nedved

I just have a good feeling about this year..

Old
04-30-2013, 09:53 AM
habster

I think his wrister will find the back of the net this series. I can't wait to see him just rip it.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Coado

Hopefully he doesn't get Richard Zedniked in the first round.. knock on wood....

Old
04-30-2013, 09:56 AM
BLONG7

Chucky is gonna be a great one guys, the development process is moving along quite nicely...obviously still very early in his career but he is going to be special...kinda makes us all forget about last year!

Old
04-30-2013, 09:58 AM
GeneralMarky79

I think the KID line is gonna be key in the playoffs. Im not expecting much out of desharnais he is on a bad slump. I really hope plekanec can prove himself as a playoff performer because he hasn't at this point.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I'm pretty sure he will be the first one to sit if we lose 2 games in a row. Just like Julien sat Seguin in the playoffs.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coado View Post
Hopefully he doesn't get Richard Zedniked in the first round.. knock on wood....
Jesus Christ, why even bring this up?

And if 2 losses means Galchenyuk sits for Colby freaking Armstrong or someone like that, we don't deserve to win this series.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Gally11

Quote:
I'm actually rattled you'd even bring that up haha

Old
04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Coado

Hey he 'bounced' back and had his best two years in the NHL after that hit.. We can only hope the same goes for 'Chuckie'..

Old
04-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Hey he 'bounced' back and had his best two years in the NHL after that hit.. We can only hope the same goes for 'Chuckie'..
What the ****. Who cares.
Zednik was scared as **** after that hit.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

hmmmm no. bad exemple. Ovie has no work ethic outside the rink and his slump is a direct result of that.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:21 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I'm pretty sure he will be the first one to sit if we lose 2 games in a row. Just like Julien sat Seguin in the playoffs.
No he won't.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Jesus Christ, why even bring this up?

And if 2 losses means Galchenyuk sits for Colby freaking Armstrong or someone like that, we don't deserve to win this series.
Lol.. yeah that escalated quickly.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Price My Man Crush

3 goals & 2 assists in game 1 mother****ers. Mark my words.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Et le But

Is a Galchenyuk explosion like a Nyquist explosion?

Old
04-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Very relieved to see this post. I saw the thread title and was afraid that Galchenyuk had become the drummer for Spinal Tap.
Awesome "spontaneous combustion" reference....shows your age though.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

The Senators were the only team Galchenyuk wasn't able to get a point against during the season.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The Senators were the only team Galchenyuk wasn't able to get a point against during the season.
He's gonna rectify this in the next two weeks

Old
04-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Coado

Wasn't it Ben Bishop we had trouble with?? He gone.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
But it goes to 11...

Old
04-30-2013, 05:28 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Is a Galchenyuk explosion like a Nyquist explosion?
I don't get it...

Closed Thread