HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Amerks / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed. II (Marlies win series 3-0)

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 04:21 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Get the puck UP Mancari
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Drew MacIntyre with a point-blank save on a Mark Mancari rebound try.
Tim Connolly will go for a cross-check to Mancari. 6:12 left.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Marlies RW Greg Scott is fine, btw. He's out on the PK.

Marlies kill the penalty - Amerks will need too score two in four minutes to send it to OT.

Girgensons returns to the game - Maybe he can pull a Willis Reed?

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Zemgus Girgensons waiting for a whistle so he can get back onto the ice from the ramp to the #Amerks dressing room.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:24 PM
JAMG

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raging View Post
Yep, he wasn't even really under pressure. Just a terrible decision and even worse execution there.

EDIT: Oh and just in case my previous post went unnoticed because it needed moderator approval, here is a link to a stream: http://www.enigmagroup.org/bsn360/
Thanks for the feed!

Old
04-28-2013, 04:24 PM
raging

vCash: 500
The only thing this PP seems to be able to set up is blocked shots by Mancari....

Old
04-28-2013, 04:38 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 1138
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - A lot of the #Sabres future on ice for these extra-attacker shifts: Larsson, Girgeonsons, Flynn, Pysyk now. Grigorenko before.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Cody McCormick tried to pound on Jerry D'Amigo. When Paul Ranger intervened,he threw a few punches at him. Old-school send a message time.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Just 7.7 left. Marlies will win and lead series 2-0. #Amerks face win or done on Wednesday at home in Game 3.

McCormick gets called for a 5 minute spear and a game misconduct? Could be a suspension for Wednesday?

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - End of Game 2. #Marlies defeat #Amerks 2-0. Shots 25-20 #ROC. Game 3 is 7:05 p.m. Wednesday in Rochester.

Heres the penalties at the end there - 19:52 - Mancari Rch (misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct), McCormick Rch (major - spearing, game misconduct - spearing), D'Amigo Tor (roughing), Holzer Tor (misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct).

Old
04-28-2013, 04:38 PM
jflory81
Garbo is coming

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Wouldn't be surprised if McCormick ended up suspended for game 3 for that late game spear.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:00 PM
tsujimoto74

So Rochester got frustrated and gooned it up a bit at the end? Sounded like things were getting a little out of hand on the radio feed.

ETA: If this team is gonna win any games in this series, they either need to fix special teams ASAP or keep the Marlie PP off the ice.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Amerks fall to Marlies in Game 2; Toronto takes 2-0 series lead:
Quote:
Jerry D’Amigo scored a goal and an assist and former Amerk goaltender Drew MacIntyre stopped all 25 shots he faced to help the Toronto Marlies to a 2-0 win over the Rochester Americans in Game 2 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals Sunday afternoon at Ricoh Coliseum. With the win, the Marlies take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five series, which shifts back to Rochester for Game 3 on Wednesday, May 1 at The Blue Cross Arena.

Rochester netminder Matt Hackett earned the start between the pipes and made 18 saves in his postseason debut for the Amerks. The game also featured the American Hockey League debut of forward Mikhail Grigorenko, who was reassigned to Rochester Saturday along with rookies Brian Flynn and Mark Pysyk by the Buffalo Sabres following the conclusion of the NHL’s regular season. With Grigorenko playing in his first game as an Amerk, it marked the first time that both of the Buffalo Sabres’ first round picks in the 2012 NHL Draft were in Rochester’s lineup at the same time, as Grigorenko (12th overall) skated alongside Zemgus Grigensons (14th overall). Grigorenko is the highest drafted Sabres prospect to play for the Amerks since Thomas Vanek (5th overall, 2003) spent the 2004-05 season in Rochester.

Mike Zigomanis rounded out the scoring for the hometown Marlies as his first goal of the playoffs midway through the second proved to be the game-winner. With his 25-save effort, MacIntyre pushed Toronto to within one game of advancing to the second round of the 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs for the second straight year.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:22 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

worst part is rochester can beat these guys...

Old
04-29-2013, 02:23 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
worst part is rochester can beat these guys...
They've lost 16 of their past 17 games against them. They can't.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:29 PM
joshjull

Any word on supplemental discipline for McCormick?

Old
04-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Disengage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Any word on supplemental discipline for McCormick?
I'm declaring shanangans if McCormick gets suspended after Ryan did not.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
They've lost 16 of their past 17 games against them. They can't.
They're outplaying them though I don't get it. Hopefully we steal their coach off them.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:11 PM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
They're outplaying them though I don't get it. Hopefully we steal their coach off them.
First game, yes. Second game, no. Second game wasn't a good game by either team.

I think I am done spending the $10 on the ahl live games though- at least for this year.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:26 AM
sabres19892

I have watched the first two games and I am curious why Daniel Catenacci isn't playing? Did he suffer any injury? I would of thought after the results he produced he would be put into the line-up..

Old
04-30-2013, 12:14 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres19892 View Post
I have watched the first two games and I am curious why Daniel Catenacci isn't playing? Did he suffer any injury? I would of thought after the results he produced he would be put into the line-up..
Going with the more experienced lineup I guess. Same lineup for game 3, so I don't think he'll see any time.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:17 PM
PattyLaLa16

The Amerks are 4-21 against the Marlies the last two seasons and 1-11 this year. I would anticipate locker clean out day Thurs. Perhaps Friday if Cassidy gives them a day to clear their heads. Not the kind of success Amerk fans had envisioned with the return of the Sabres i'm sure in these first two years. The final outcomes are nearly identical.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Amerks coach complimentary of Sabres' prospects Girgensons, Hackett, Larsson:
Quote:
Cassidy on Girgensons: "He’s really come a long way this year. I’m shocked with how far he’s come. I really felt like for an 18-year-old early in the season, it’s such a hard thing because it’s hard to judge him every night because they’re playing at a level against men every night at this pace and this tempo. ... He was hard to really put a thumb on early, but throughout the playoffs he’s probably been our best forward just in terms of moving his feet, strong on the puck, finishing his checks, getting around the net. He’s a man physically, and I think the mental game has come so far this year. We’ve just seen him grow so much, and we’re really excited about it."
I'd agree, Girgensons has really come on as of late and was deserving of that improvement award.

Quote:
Cassidy on Larsson: "Larsson’s been really good. He is even better than I thought he was going to be. He’s a good two-way player, very smart, unbelievably competitive. I love the way he’s competed. He’s got a little bite to his game. He’s a guy who makes others around him better. Really good vision, moves the puck well, probably is a pass-first guy a little bit more than a finisher, but he’s tough around and the net and he can finish.

"When you watch him play, he doesn’t back down from any confrontation. He’s as strong on his skates as anybody out there. He’s similar to Girgensons without the all-speed that Z has. Z is I think a little bit more of a grinder and a guy who’s going to get his offense by being in front of the net, whereas Larsson is going to have the puck a little bit more and distribute it from there. But both really good players."
Note the difference in the two prospects, as it's accurate in what I've seen.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:23 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Amerks coach complimentary of Sabres' prospects Girgensons, Hackett, Larsson:I'd agree, Girgensons has really come on as of late and was deserving of that improvement award.

Note the difference in the two prospects, as it's accurate in what I've seen.
This has me pumped for the future

Has anyone gotten AHL live to watch the games? How is the stream quality?

Old
05-01-2013, 01:11 AM
ohlguy

Quote:
Going with the more experienced lineup I guess. Same lineup for game 3, so I don't think he'll see any time.
I really don't get why the Sabres organization continues NOT to go with great, hungry, young talent? It's funny to see OHL players who can't hold Catenacci's stick called up to other AHL teams playing significant minutes and contributing while Cat sits out?? Aside from a great AHL debut 2GP-1G-2A +3 6SOG, this is a kid who can help the Amercs and play in every situation. The Sabres organization needs to change their earn your stripes culture and mentality, that's why they don't produce many elite players.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:45 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
This has me pumped for the future

Has anyone gotten AHL live to watch the games? How is the stream quality?
Stream quality was poor during the lockout.

Not sure now that playoff games are on TV. Is the stream quality better?

Old
05-01-2013, 07:53 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlguy View Post
I really don't get why the Sabres organization continues NOT to go with great, hungry, young talent? It's funny to see OHL players who can't hold Catenacci's stick called up to other AHL teams playing significant minutes and contributing while Cat sits out?? Aside from a great AHL debut 2GP-1G-2A +3 6SOG, this is a kid who can help the Amercs and play in every situation. The Sabres organization needs to change their earn your stripes culture and mentality, that's why they don't produce many elite players.
No. That's the opposite of what they should do. You do not gift players ice time. They need to earn it.

They want to go with more experienced players. It's the playoffs. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Catenacci is not going to make a difference at all. They could use his speed but it's not much of a match for Toronto anyway.

I would put Catenacci in tonight myself, but not for the lame reasons you mentioned. Not for being a draft pick and not because you just want to see him play.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlguy View Post
Quote:
No. That's the opposite of what they should do. You do not gift players ice time. They need to earn it.

They want to go with more experienced players. It's the playoffs. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Catenacci is not going to make a difference at all. They could use his speed but it's not much of a match for Toronto anyway.

I would put Catenacci in tonight myself, but not for the lame reasons you mentioned. Not for being a draft pick and not because you just want to see him play.
Agreed with sf27 -- handing people icetime is no way to teach them that hard work and effort is rewarded when there is no hard work or effort to get prime ice time.

05-01-2013, 08:15 AM
UncleBenny

Quote:

This is why players like Luke Adam are in the lineup night in and night out but 9 games out of 10 do nothing but float around on the ice. He knows his ice time is guaranteed because he's a "prospect" and if he just floats around long enough and gets some lucky deflections in front of the net, he'll end up in the NHL with the Sabres some day.

Give Girgensons a couple years, he looks great out there this year but after a couple of seasons with 0 accountability, I'm sure he'll look just like the rest of them.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:19 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Stream quality was poor during the lockout.

Not sure now that playoff games are on TV. Is the stream quality better?
I have purchased I'd say 50% of the games this year (including both playoff games). From what I can tell the feed depends on what rink you are playing at. The Toronto feed was great over the weekend and all year. The Rochester feed is decent, not great. I have gotten some feeds (Abbotsford I can remember) that I had to shut off in the middle of the game because it was virtually unwatchable.

That being said, as I mentioned in a previous post I am done buying them this year. Unless, of course, they can force a game 5.

Old
05-01-2013, 07:53 PM
jflory81
Garbo is coming

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
2-1 Marlies after two. Leggio in net.

Amerks continue to shoot blanks on the PP, and gave up a shortie in the 2nd to open the scoring. Shots 17-13 Rochester. Can't speak to the quality of the goals as I'm at work and listening to spells. Girgensons with the Amerks goal (from Larsson and Mackenzie)

From watching the first two and listening to this one Rochester has been the better 5 on 5 team. Awful special teams and shaky goaltending (particularly game one, as I said can't comment on the quality of goals in this one) have really hurt the Amerks.

Closed Thread