HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ-TAM Trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2013, 07:17 AM
  #1
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
CBJ-TAM Trade

Ryan Murray

For

Tampa Bay 2013 1st


As a Jackets fan this year was a heartbreaker but our D core was not, our D is Solidified for the coming years and I believe we are much more in need of Drouin then we are of Murray

Johnson - Wiz

Erixon - Tyutin

Savard - Nikitin


I'm sure Murray would most likely hop Erixon or Prout in that second line but the kid is destined for a top pairing and I dont think he will get that here for another few years for the amount we are paying Wiz and considering he's a righty

So what do you guys think?


Last edited by CBJ All The Way: 04-30-2013 at 07:45 AM.
CBJ All The Way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:26 AM
  #2
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Not bad in terms of value... but I'm very surprised to hear that any fan of the jackets would consider that D core to be complete.

What centers do the Jackets currently have that could play with Drouin?

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:31 AM
  #3
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Not bad in terms of value... but I'm very surprised to hear that any fan of the jackets would consider that D core to be complete.

What centers do the Jackets currently have that could play with Drouin?
Boone Jenner is an Up and Comer along with Chaput and Audy-Marchesault, I just think the franchise needs Drouin more than we need Murray right now


Last edited by CBJ All The Way: 04-30-2013 at 07:40 AM.
CBJ All The Way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:37 AM
  #4
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,243
vCash: 500
What about Erixon and one of our 1sts? that get it done? Very young NHL ready Dman...who played very well for us and a pick to help stock the reserves?

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:37 AM
  #5
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Not bad in terms of value... but I'm very surprised to hear that any fan of the jackets would consider that D core to be complete.
Surprised that CBJATW lists Aucoin as a D core player and leaves out both Tyutin and Nikitin. I'm not sure many of us would consider the D core to be complete, either, and certainly not if a player of Murray's potential is traded.

Quote:
What centers do the Jackets currently have that could play with Drouin?
The hope, and it remains only that, is for Ryan Johansen to become a top-line center. I would welcome the addition of any of the top five prospects in this year's draft, of course, but I'd be very reluctant to give up the second pick in last year's draft for one of them. Top pairing Dmen are as hard to come by as top line forwards, to my mind, so I'd prefer keeping the one we have and trying to find another way to add the ones we don't have. Others obviously feel otherwise.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:44 AM
  #6
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Surprised that CBJATW lists Aucoin as a D core player and leaves out both Tyutin and Nikitin. I'm not sure many of us would consider the D core to be complete, either, and certainly not if a player of Murray's potential is traded.



The hope, and it remains only that, is for Ryan Johansen to become a top-line center. I would welcome the addition of any of the top five prospects in this year's draft, of course, but I'd be very reluctant to give up the second pick in last year's draft for one of them. Top pairing Dmen are as hard to come by as top line forwards, to my mind, so I'd prefer keeping the one we have and trying to find another way to add the ones we don't have. Others obviously feel otherwise.
Oops I knew I was forgetting someone! It's too early fellas

Btw Do you really think we should keep Murray as a Jackets fan? We can't rely on Gaborik next year to generate all of our scoring, we need a young goal scorer more than we need a potential top pairing when we already have 2 that are young


Last edited by CBJ All The Way: 04-30-2013 at 07:49 AM.
CBJ All The Way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:54 AM
  #7
WalkerCBJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Surprised that CBJATW lists Aucoin as a D core player and leaves out both Tyutin and Nikitin. I'm not sure many of us would consider the D core to be complete, either, and certainly not if a player of Murray's potential is traded.
I think I fall in on this side of the discussion. While I'd like to see us get a stud up front, I am not entirely sold on our blue line being 100% solid. Aucoin is likely gone after this season, and to be honest, I think Savard has used up all of his chances. If we traded Murray as well, I feel like we would be getting a little light on real depth at the blue line. Example:

Tyutin - Wiz
Johnson - Prout
Niki - Erixon?

7th: Goloubef?

I'll admit my full knowledge of our D prospects is not hugely complete, but no one specifically jumps out at me. Additionally, with the amount of salary dumping that will happen this offseason, I think I'd rather see a first go for a forward roster player or two and maybe a pick that way.

WalkerCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:55 AM
  #8
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,213
vCash: 500
Not a bad proposal, not sure if Tampa does this.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:00 AM
  #9
wunderpanda
Sabretage
 
wunderpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
I like the premise, and Tampa drafting Drouin just seems wrong but trading Murray may be the wrong way to go about it. There were alot of teams in the East this year that were deep on defense until the injuries piled up, they ended up using those 8/9 depth guys.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:12 AM
  #10
MomoSissokko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
i think TB will not do this
otherside TB (forward depth) and CBJ's (D depth) could be good trade partners, but with other players

Imo BJ's should go hard after Vanek (throwing in a first and one roster player). As Vanek has only one year left, he could not be too expensive. They need an proven NHL'er and a "now ready" first line winger to make next year PO.
Vanek Anisimov Gaborik would be ... bum bum bum

MomoSissokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:21 AM
  #11
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
I won't say Murray is untouchable but the reality is he retains the highest potential among all current and prospect defensemen in the Columbus system. Personally, I think it would be a mistake to move him. Columbus has seen for years that poor Defense and poor goaltending create serious issues in the winning column. We don't know that Bobrovsky is the "real deal" (certainly played at a very high level for a long stretch and has the work ethic) and among our current D, I think nikitin is the most likely to get moved. I would view the core (maybe not next year but certainly within 2 years - Murray could need to get his game back in the AHL first):

Not necessarily in appropriate pairs....

JJ - Murray
Tyutin - Prout
Erixon - Wiz

We still have players like Goloubef (who could be the #7 or an eventual replacement for Wiz - different skill set but has shown a solid NHL future in his time with Columbus this year), Reilly, Curcuruto, Madaisky and Weber. I'm sure there are a few more but the point is some depth is there for long term help.

Columbus needs top end offensive skill but I'm not sure moving Murray is the way to do it. Granted he's the biggest chip on the team. With the way the team actually performed this year (as a team), I think staying the course by building from the goal out and adding skill over the next couple years could make Columbus a playoff mainstay and eventual Cup contender.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:25 AM
  #12
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I won't say Murray is untouchable but the reality is he retains the highest potential among all current and prospect defensemen in the Columbus system. Personally, I think it would be a mistake to move him. Columbus has seen for years that poor Defense and poor goaltending create serious issues in the winning column. We don't know that Bobrovsky is the "real deal" (certainly played at a very high level for a long stretch and has the work ethic) and among our current D, I think nikitin is the most likely to get moved. I would view the core (maybe not next year but certainly within 2 years - Murray could need to get his game back in the AHL first):

Not necessarily in appropriate pairs....

JJ - Murray
Tyutin - Prout
Erixon - Wiz

We still have players like Goloubef (who could be the #7 or an eventual replacement for Wiz - different skill set but has shown a solid NHL future in his time with Columbus this year), Reilly, Curcuruto, Madaisky and Weber. I'm sure there are a few more but the point is some depth is there for long term help.

Columbus needs top end offensive skill but I'm not sure moving Murray is the way to do it. Granted he's the biggest chip on the team. With the way the team actually performed this year (as a team), I think staying the course by building from the goal out and adding skill over the next couple years could make Columbus a playoff mainstay and eventual Cup contender.
Getting Gaborik was the first step in curing our offensive woes but I can't see him being a Jacket for the next 5 years We have 3 Top tier Defensemen as it is, we need more of a balance

CBJ All The Way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:47 AM
  #13
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Getting Gaborik was the first step in curing our offensive woes but I can't see him being a Jacket for the next 5 years We have 3 Top tier Defensemen as it is, we need more of a balance
If we had 3 top tier defensemen, then I would be more comfortable with this deal.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:59 AM
  #14
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,222
vCash: 500
I think with the performance by our defense and goaltending this season, we may have already built from the net out.

The pieces we had on our roster at defense proved themselves as being competitive.

What was holding us back was our offense from our forwards.

If Bob and our defense takes a step backwards then we are sunk Murray or not. We need to hope that they can continue playing how they did this season if the Jackets can hope to make the playoffs.

The only reason why Murray doesn't get moved by the Jackets is because of conservativism and not because of any sort of need by the team.

Look at it this way, if we had just drafted Drouin and someone else offered us Murray we would be like "are you crazy? We don't need defense we need offense!"


Last edited by Crede777: 04-30-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:27 AM
  #15
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 1303
Drouin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Murray.

If Murray was in this draft, he would probably be in the 7-8 range IMO.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:36 AM
  #16
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
If we had 3 top tier defensemen, then I would be more comfortable with this deal.
JJ WIZ TUTZ

Draft Drouin

CBJ All The Way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:40 AM
  #17
skimp
Registered User
 
skimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
Those three aren't even top tier on the Jackets. #DP47

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:44 AM
  #18
IHeartZherdev
Registered User
 
IHeartZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Ryan Murray

For

Tampa Bay 2013 1st


As a Jackets fan this year was a heartbreaker but our D core was not, our D is Solidified for the coming years and I believe we are much more in need of Drouin then we are of Murray

Johnson - Wiz

Erixon - Tyutin

Savard - Nikitin


I'm sure Murray would most likely hop Erixon or Prout in that second line but the kid is destined for a top pairing and I dont think he will get that here for another few years for the amount we are paying Wiz and considering he's a righty

So what do you guys think?
This doesn't make any sense - you have Savard penciled in as a 6th defensmen. He proved this year he can't play in the NHL (at least not yet) and you certainly don't deal the top defensive prospect in the world because you have Nikita Nikitin (who also had a terrible year) and Johnson, Wiz, and Toots will all be in their 30's by the time Murray gets to his prime which is perfect.

Why are we in need of Drouin??? Last I checked, we have young offensive talent on the roster in Johansen, Anisimov, Calvert, and Atkinson, and have Boone Jenner on the way plus three first round picks.

Everything being said about Seth Jones right now was said about Ryan Murray last year...when he went second overall. That alone, trading the #2 pick for the #3 makes no sense, but we are absolutely in need of a long-term, franchise defensemen of the future more than an offensive prospect.

IHeartZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:48 AM
  #19
IHeartZherdev
Registered User
 
IHeartZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Drouin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Murray.

If Murray was in this draft, he would probably be in the 7-8 range IMO.
That's not true, and it's not even and opinion. Murray was/is the top defensive prospect in the world. Why would he suddenly fall to 8th?

IHeartZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:52 AM
  #20
IHeartZherdev
Registered User
 
IHeartZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post

If Bob and our defense takes a step backwards then we are sunk Murray or not.
I respectfully suggest you do some reading about Ryan Murray.

IHeartZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:54 AM
  #21
Drouin2Stamkos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Im not sure that CBJ would do this. TB probably would though. We need D more than anything. However it has to be the right move. TB would love to have Drouin playing with Stamkos. No need to look for a replacement for MSL. Although we have options for that role now.

Drouin2Stamkos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:55 AM
  #22
IHeartZherdev
Registered User
 
IHeartZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Getting Gaborik was the first step in curing our offensive woes but I can't see him being a Jacket for the next 5 years We have 3 Top tier Defensemen as it is, we need more of a balance
We don't have 3 top tier D-men - but even if we count them as top tier, they are all about 30 years old. So now is the perfect time to get some young guys developing on the backend. Wiz, Jack, all in their primes.

Jenner, Atkinson, Johansen, Ansimov, all young and upcoming and we haven't seen near the offense they are capable of.

Plus we should be able to get at least one top 6 forward out of three first round picks.

IHeartZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:56 AM
  #23
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
I respectfully suggest you do some reading about Ryan Murray.
I have read every available source on Murray. Most of it characterizes him as a #2 defenseman with limited offensive output.

You should read things beyond that published by the Dispatch and CBJ fan blogs.

To quote TSN's Bob McKenzie in his draft preview:

Quote:
NHL upside: A No. 2 or No. 3 defenceman with leadership qualities who will be relied upon to shut down team's top players, kill penalties and protect leads.


Last edited by Crede777: 04-30-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:57 AM
  #24
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
This doesn't make any sense - you have Savard penciled in as a 6th defensmen. He proved this year he can't play in the NHL (at least not yet) and you certainly don't deal the top defensive prospect in the world because you have Nikita Nikitin (who also had a terrible year) and Johnson, Wiz, and Toots will all be in their 30's by the time Murray gets to his prime which is perfect.

Why are we in need of Drouin??? Last I checked, we have young offensive talent on the roster in Johansen, Anisimov, Calvert, and Atkinson, and have Boone Jenner on the way plus three first round picks.

Everything being said about Seth Jones right now was said about Ryan Murray last year...when he went second overall. That alone, trading the #2 pick for the #3 makes no sense, but we are absolutely in need of a long-term, franchise defensemen of the future more than an offensive prospect.
You prove my point for me, we have young offensive talent but not a young goal scorer! Besides Cam I guess but he will never be a top liner, our D core is Young and will continue to get better but we are going to need an elite goal scorer in the future, we have Marion but I doubt he will finish his career as a jacket, Goal scoring is the biggest problem we need to address not another young Defensemen

CBJ All The Way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:59 AM
  #25
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
We don't have 3 top tier D-men - but even if we count them as top tier, they are all about 30 years old. So now is the perfect time to get some young guys developing on the backend. Wiz, Jack, all in their primes.

Jenner, Atkinson, Johansen, Ansimov, all young and upcoming and we haven't seen near the offense they are capable of.

Plus we should be able to get at least one top 6 forward out of three first round picks.
Johnson - 25 yr

Wiz - 27 yr

TUTZ - 29 yr

CBJ All The Way is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.