HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
04-30-2013, 10:12 AM
7th Player

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Nah way, I've missed maybe, 5-10 regular season games and never missed a playoff game in the past 15 years that I have been able to watch..

I guess worse comes to worse listening on the radio
Just go to a sports bar in Cancun city or playa del carmen. They show hockey games no prob.

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
Just go to a sports bar in Cancun city or playa del carmen. They show hockey games no prob.
ohh ya

didn't even think of that, wasn't sure they even knew much about hockey, I believe all the Habs games are going to be on one of the NBC channels, so hopeful with a nice tip I'll get them to put the Habs game on

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:28 AM
7th Player

Quote:
ohh ya

didn't even think of that, wasn't sure they even knew much about hockey, I believe all the Habs games are going to be on one of the NBC channels, so hopeful with a nice tip I'll get them to put the Habs game on
Odds are the game will already be on. They need to play for the crowd.

But yeah I'm sure my friend Alex Hamilton could very well do the trick as well...

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:32 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
Odds are the game will already be on. They need to play for the crowd.

But yeah I'm sure my friend Alex Hamilton could very well do the trick as well...
thanks bud

Old
04-30-2013, 10:45 AM
ybsad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
Sens have a lot less speed up front than the Leafs. Our D is pretty slow so thats definitely a good thing.
Are you serious?
Michalek
Greening
Conacher
Jibanejad
Pageau
Turris

ybsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsad View Post
Are you serious?
Michalek
Greening
Conacher
Jibanejad
Pageau
Turris
Who cares about speed? Their top goal scorer is Conacher with 28 points.

Habs have waaay more depth in scoring and are just as, if not quicker. Speed is nothing without goals. Ask Erik Cole...

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Habtchum*

I think both teams are sharing lots of similarities. We have equivalent players at many positions. Their team is better defensively, and ours, offensively. If Spezza would be healthy, he would maybe be a difference maker. They are bigger on D and they have as many young tealented players as us.

All games will be tight, and I expect many OT games. Habs should win if they use their ice advantage at its fullest to match lines and d-pairings properly.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

Habs have waaay more depth in scoring and are just as, if not quicker. Speed is nothing without goals. Ask Erik Cole...
We do have more depth but the Sens are a stingy team and don't give up much. Also Anderson scares the **** out of me

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:07 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
We do have more depth but the Sens are a stingy team and don't give up much. Also Anderson scares the **** out of me
I'm not saying it's going to be a walk in the park but we do have some destinct advantages.

Besides, depth, scoring, speed we have Price, who's numbers against the Sens have been nothing short of spectacular.

In his last 11 games, he's 8-0-3, .952 S% and a 1.49 GGA.

I'm not usually cocky when it comes to the Habs beating anyone, but I'd be surprised if it went past 6 games for the Habs. Just hop we can stay healthy for the next round when we play the Bruins

Old
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
ybsad

Quote:

I was responding to his comment that the Sens had no speed. I think you read what you want to read.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
If I could get some advice from you guys it would be great.

Going to Cancun Mexcio next Wednesday, staying at the Grand Oasis, I called in and asked and they said they do have internet, but does anyone know if there internet will be fast enough for me to be able to watch games online? Also are there usaully websites that would have it online, I know CBC streams playoff games, but you have to be in Canada to be able to watch those.

Thanks in advance.
Relax and have a good time...when you get back, hopefully we are in the 2nd round...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Are you serious?
Michalek
Greening
Conacher
Jibanejad
Pageau
Turris
Yea... so?

Gionta, Plekanec, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Prust, Halpern, Eller, Gallagher are all pretty quick players up front. I don't think our team has anything to envy from the Senators on that aspect of the game.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:14 AM
ybsad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Yea... so?

Gionta, Plekanec, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Prust, Halpern, Eller, Gallagher are all pretty quick players up front. I don't think our team has anything to envy from the Senators on that aspect of the game.
What is it with you guys. The guy said the Sens had no speed up front, so I listed the guys known for their speed.

What's with your comments?

Old
04-30-2013, 11:17 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I haven't seen Gallagher have a bad game or take a shift off all season. Pacioretty has had quite a few of those this season. Roy is right. Patches needs to take his game out of the perimeter and get involved physically. He did some of that against the Laffs.

My feeling is that Gallagher, Subban, Tinordi & Eller are gonna shine - especially Eller. Something tells me he's ready to become a leader on this team. I was totally blown away by his play against the Make Believes.
I did not realize this is Max's first playoffs. He could be huge, we'll see. Pretty cool. Watch out for Max.

Gallagher will be neutralized. Do not depend on him. No probs with that, he's a rookie. I have no expectations from him this PO and it is not wise to think he will shine.

Chucky on the other hand is a whole different story. If he can handle this, watch out. I can see him making a difference.

Eller? It's up to him. This is the time he will make his mark. I'm not convinced he is a money player, but I hope so. He's still pretty young. My expectations are not high for him in this PO.

Tinordi should not be expected to make a difference, I don't think he is strong or confident enough yet.

Subban must be huge. No question. This is it. Subban is bad, we lose, and we lose fast.

Price: Same as Subban. This is it. This is the year he has to stand up. This is the PO where he has to do it.

Now, here are players that everyone forgets about, and could be huge for us this PO:

1. Moen. I seriously think we don't get past Ottawa unless Moen stands up. He, along with Prust, Bourque and Max, have to make Karl's life miserable. Hit him again and again and again. Moen is a much bigger factor than Gallagher or Chucky. Moen needs to be Mike McPhee. End of.

2. Gorges. He has to be excellent. He has to cover mistakes, and prevent sure goals. Again and again. Period. This is his time, right now.

3. Bourque: Show up now, or goodbye. Bourque could be huge, or he could disappear. He can make a massive difference this series, and the next if we make it. The guy has everything you need in the PO. Everything. Will he show up? I don't know.

Last edited by bsl: 04-30-2013 at 12:25 PM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Jibanejad

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Jibanejad
Hijad

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:18 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
I was responding to his comment that the Sens had no speed. I think you read what you want to read.
I just took it down a different path but you're right. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Sorry about that.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:27 AM
ybsad

Quote:
I just took it down a different path but you're right. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Sorry about that.
No worries,

Old
04-30-2013, 11:30 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Hijad
That was dumb. Don't do that.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Gallagher will be neutralized. Do not depend on him. No probs with that, he's a rookie. I have no expectations from him this PO and it is not wise to think he will shine.
I know Ottawa will keep a close eye on him but I'm not sure they'll be able to spend much time focusing in on him.
Gallagher is playing on what is considered our 3rd line, Ottawa doesn't have amazing depth up front and neither do they have a great shutdown line. They play well as a unit because they're well coached, but I don't think they'll be able to contain all our lines.
We have three solid lines capable of producing good offense, and two of those lines are solid defensively.

Ottawa has a good defensive squad, but they'll have their hands full.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Habtchum*

Ottawa has only two players under 6': Alfredsson and Pageau.

And they are a very disciplined hockey team. Only Neil is allowed to go beserk. I don't think we gonna see Kassian. The rest can take care of themselves and fight if really needed.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:36 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Just changed my avatar as a good luck charm (my year old daughter).

Go Habs Go!

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:39 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post

And they are a very disciplined hockey team. Only Neil is allowed to go beserk. I don't think we gonna see Kassian. The rest can take care of themselves and fight if really needed.
They have 3 with Conacher, and we have 4, size for our forwards isn't an issue.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:49 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
poor Bruins / Leafs board moderator
LMAO

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post

Conacher? I don`t think they have much of a size advantage over the habs in terms of forwards... defense is another story.

Dirty Danglez is online now   Reply With Quote