HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you were Poile who would you trade?

Old
04-28-2013, 08:37 PM
NorthAlPredfan

vCash: 500
If you were Poile who would you trade?

All the talk has been about the draft but with Poile's comment of not replacing Erat with FF or a guy from Milwaukee, who do you think gets traded? I'd love to see Rich Peverly even though he doesn't really match Marty's numbers. I just liked that guy when he was here. Just something to talk over while waiting on the lottery.

NorthAlPredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:43 PM
maplepred

I see us landing ribeiro, eriksson or possibly vanek.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:58 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
How do we begin have the assets to land someone like Eriksson? Unless trading from the pool of Weber, Rinne, Wilson, or the #4 it's not going to happen.

Our window of trading possibilities has past now that we have less assets.

Ribeiro likely wants to contend, I can't see him signing here. Josh Cooper suggested Gonchar, but he'll want to go to a contender too.

Sights should be on Horton or Staalberg. Staalberg is interesting, being that's he's only gets moderate icetime in Chicago. Hard to say what would happen with more icetime.

There's a chance some guys will become available with the salary cap decrease.

I actually don't see this roster changing much unless we can land a B or C grade free agents. I think we'd trade SK, but who's going to take him?

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:14 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
How do we begin have the assets to land someone like Eriksson? Unless trading from the pool of Weber, Rinne, Wilson, or the #4 it's not going to happen.

Our window of trading possibilities has past now that we have less assets.

Ribeiro likely wants to contend, I can't see him signing here. Josh Cooper suggested Gonchar, but he'll want to go to a contender too.

Sights should be on Horton or Staalberg. Staalberg is interesting, being that's he's only gets moderate icetime in Chicago. Hard to say what would happen with more icetime.

There's a chance some guys will become available with the salary cap decrease.

I actually don't see this roster changing much unless we can land a B or C grade free agents. I think we'd trade SK, but who's going to take him?

We have lots of assets we can trade. Any team in the NHL does if they want to get someone bad enough.

My buddy is a big stars fan (and cowboys) and he was telling me he doesn't think Eriksson will be in Dallas next year, he could be wrong but ever since he said it to me I pray we would be in on that one if he were dealt, maybe more of a pipe dream.

I totally forgot about Horton though. Very interested in him! What kinda cash do you think he gets on open market?? Would he sign here?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:15 PM
PFL615

If we go by what coach Trotz, Poile, and players have come forward with i think we are going to see a slightly different team.

SK, Blum, Spaling, Yip, Halischuck, Clune, Ellis, Gill, and a wild card being Legwand could all be gone.

I would bet atleast 5 of the 8 are out.

Revamped bottom 2 lines and several spots in top 2.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:18 PM
AintLifeGrand

Want Raptor Jezus back on the preds.. trading him for smith and pick should do it...

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I actually think it's not completely crazy that we could trade for Vanek. Sounds like he is most likely looking to get out of Buffalo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...183007971.html

Question is: what would Poile have to give up to get him?

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Want Raptor Jezus back on the preds.. trading him for smith and pick should do it...
I like Pevs and everything, but an offensive-minded center that's not good enough to play in the top 6 isn't a great fit at this point.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
I actually think it's not completely crazy that we could trade for Vanek. Sounds like he is most likely looking to get out of Buffalo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...183007971.html

Question is: what would Poile have to give up to get him?
A lot. Couple picks (next year's 1st for sure)+a legitimate young player and/or prospect. And by the latter, Blum, Beck, Smith wouldn't cut it.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:42 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
A lot. Couple picks (next year's 1st for sure)+a legitimate young player and/or prospect. And by the latter, Blum, Beck, Smith wouldn't cut it.
Exactly, Blum/Beck/Smith/Ellis/Watson/Ekolm/etc aren't the kinds of guys we can build trades around. They are throw-ins if we are trying to land a high-caliber player. Forseberg might be only prospect that has some real appeal, but he was just traded for Erat. At this point, you have think Vanek's value is at least twice that of Erat.

Realistically, a reasonable value for Vanek would be straight up for our #4, or Wilson++.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
If we go by what coach Trotz, Poile, and players have come forward with i think we are going to see a slightly different team.

SK, Blum, Spaling, Yip, Halischuck, Clune, Ellis, Gill, and a wild card being Legwand could all be gone.

Promise you, Clune will be here...

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post

I realize you are saying "gone" not traded; but I added my thoughts on value as well.

-- SK74 is likely injured making him even tougher to move. I think he's back one more season either way ...

-- Blum? I could see him packaged but his value is low.

-- Spaling? He's a prototypical Trotz player ... good PK/grinder who put up decent numbers in the shortened season ... 9 G 4 A ... I'd be shocked if he's not back.

-- Yip? Likely gone but no value ...

-- Halischuk? See Spaling (with less points, although he was strong the last few weeks ... injured in game 47)

-- Clune? He'll be back ...

-- Ellis? Man, I hate to see the Human Rocket Ship struggle, but it was obvious this season that his size is a major issue on D. I like Ellis but he may have to be moved; and, he may even have more value than many of our pieces IF he is dealt to a Canadian team.

-- Gill? I think he stays ... good size and effective (usually) on the PK

-- Legwand???? Seriously? Career Predator. Excellent two way forward but playing on a line too high ... should actually be like a 3rd line center. He has less value as a trade piece when you consider what it would take to replace him. I think he retires a Predator.

You say 5 of the 8 gone? I'll have to disagree ... maybe 3.5 of the 8 with the .5 being Halischuk or Spaling.

*stick tap to Pred303guy RE: my thoughts on Legwand; he's all over the fact that our top two centers are playing on a line too high.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:33 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
our best bet to land a UFA is a talented player trapped behind superstars elsewhere

thats pretty much how we got Arnott... not sure if anyone fits that description this summer but thats our best bet at convincing someone to come here short of a major overpayment in cash.

Trade wise I think our defensemen are more desirable to other GM's than we realize. think about it, many of our cast-offs have regular slots on other teams(Zids, Zanon, O'brien, and even Sulzer)

I think anyone not named Weber or Josi is tradable, although for us to give up Klein we had better be getting a true star forward back...

as far as forwards go, Legwand and Fisher arent going anywhere, SK is probably not worth trading for the little he would bring, and none of our other established forwards will bring much by themselves but some of our up and coming forward prospects would sweeten a package built around someone else.

We need a team with a star forward young enough to be good for us for the next three years, on a team who is planning a two year rebuild and needs defense and young forwards.

If we are actually going to get a real 1st line winger, I think it may well cost Ellis + Beck + pick

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:22 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
o
as far as forwards go, Legwand and Fisher arent going anywhere,
If we draft Barkov and he's ready to play in the NHL, and we move Wilson to center like Trotz said he was planning on, doesn't it seem like we need to get rid of either Legwand or Fisher? Not sure we would be able to actually make it happen, but what else would we do?

Have one of them center the 4th line? I guess we could...

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:32 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think an 18 year old will play top line minutes for Trotz. And when he is ready for big minutes, you move Fisher/Legwand into the best role for either them as a checking line center.

I mean really would a 3rd line of Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist not be an outstanding 3rd line?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:50 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
If we draft Barkov and he's ready to play in the NHL, and we move Wilson to center like Trotz said he was planning on, doesn't it seem like we need to get rid of either Legwand or Fisher? Not sure we would be able to actually make it happen, but what else would we do?

Have one of them center the 4th line? I guess we could...
Wilson isnt going to play center until hes darn good and ready and he has just now got his head out of his hindparts and figured out how to play our system well enough to stay on a top line.

Wilson will play wing mostly, and center when someone is hurt, and when he has proven he can hack it, then I suspect Leggy moves to wing...

Old
04-30-2013, 12:03 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Wilson isnt going to play center until hes darn good and ready and he has just now got his head out of his hindparts and figured out how to play our system well enough to stay on a top line.

Wilson will play wing mostly, and center when someone is hurt, and when he has proven he can hack it, then I suspect Leggy moves to wing...
id put money on wilson being a winger long term here. dont see him as a center anytime soon.. maybe way, way down the road when he's a "grizzled vet"..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:01 AM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
id put money on wilson being a winger long term here. dont see him as a center anytime soon.. maybe way, way down the road when he's a "grizzled vet"..
Completely agree. He has the size, and is just too great along the boards and down in the corners to move to the middle of the ice.

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:30 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

If Mark Howard is correct, I'd move SK and Smith up on the trade boards to the top positions.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:52 AM
Persona5

vCash: 700
I would offer Ellis and SK to whoever would listen and see what they offer.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:21 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

we cant just dump Ellis unless we have another viable alternative for PP QB

if we trade him we better get a pretty solid return

I think people are readijn too much into his being sent back to Milwaukee... this was done when it looked like the season was gonna be a bust and not just because he totally couldnt hack it here

Old
04-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Persona5

vCash: 700
Quote:
we cant just dump Ellis unless we have another viable alternative for PP QB

if we trade him we better get a pretty solid return

I think people are readijn too much into his being sent back to Milwaukee... this was done when it looked like the season was gonna be a bust and not just because he totally couldnt hack it here
To me we simply do not have room for him right now on the team and his size limits him to where you can play him. I just feel like we should move him while his value is still high enough to get something for him.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:27 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
If Mark Howard is correct, I'd move SK and Smith up on the trade boards to the top positions.
What did he say?

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
What did he say?
Check out the General talk thread

Old
04-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
We need to trade at least two forwards if we are going to sign a UFA. Realistically i see us resigning Yip as well for the 4th line. So there may be someone else that needs to go.
Here is a line up sans Smith and Kostitsyn.

UFA-Fisher-Wilson
Bourque- Legwand - Hornqvist
Beck - Barkov? - Forsberg
Clune - Gaustad - Spaling

Halischuk, Butler

Honestly, I don't know if I want to trade either Smith or Kostitsyn. Smith's value is close to negative with his contract and production so we will get nothing.
Most here would want a 26 year old who fits in the system and his previous two full seasons are 43 and 50 points, especially for free, and thats Kostitsyn. Like Smith his value is at a low point, and this is a move if he rebounds could pay dividends, if we trade him it would be for something like a 4th round pick.

I really don't envy Poile. The only pieces that are tradable and have value are guys like Bourque and Beck. Everyone else we want gone would be given away or has a NTC.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote