HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 07:13 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Love that Scheifele lit it up in this series, love even more that he seemingly has become Esa Tikkanen, Matt Cooke and Ryan Kesler all rolled into one miserable little package, at least in the eyes of the Belleville faithful. ROFL!

That's our Mark!
Being hated by the opposition after leading your team to a tough 7 game series win is a good sign indeed.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:17 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Can't wait for the London / Barrie series. Should be a heck of a test for Scheifele and the Colts.

Props to Brassard - 6g and 6a in 17gp.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:41 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Can't wait for the London / Barrie series. Should be a heck of a test for Scheifele and the Colts.

Props to Brassard - 6g and 6a in 17gp.
I think his playoff performance gave him the ticket for a signing with the Jets.

If the series is on tv, does anybody have a clue if it likely will be streamed by people?

Old
04-30-2013, 07:47 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
I think his playoff performance gave him the ticket for a signing with the Jets.

If the series is on tv, does anybody have a clue if it likely will be streamed by people?
Streamed OHL games seem to be few and far between. You can buy the whole London - Barrie series via the OHL live network for around $20 CDN

Old
04-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Here are the highlights from last night...

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...918efbf6a436e3

Old
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

thx Gump =)

Old
04-30-2013, 10:53 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Streamed OHL games seem to be few and far between. You can buy the whole London - Barrie series via the OHL live network for around $20 CDN
You know, that's not a bad price for potentially 7 games. I'd pay that if the quality wasn't ****.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
You know, that's not a bad price for potentially 7 games. I'd pay that if the quality wasn't ****.
Whatchutalkinbout? The quality is great! You can ALMOST see the puck, and read the players numbers.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
What a load of ****

That series should be on tv
Sportsnet should just stop showing those garbage blue jays

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
04-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

• Series schedule:
  • 1. BAR @ LDN | Fri May 3 | 7:05 PM
  • 2. BAR @ LDN | Sun May 5 | 7:05 PM
  • 3. LDN @ BAR | Mon May 6 | 7:35 PM
  • 4. LDN @ BAR | Wed May 8 | 7:35 PM
  • 5. BAR @ LDN | Fri May 10 | 7:05 PM *
  • 6. LDN @ BAR | Sat May 11 | 7:35 PM *
  • 7. BAR @ LDN | Mon May 13 | 7:05 PM *

Old
04-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Given that the championship series is known as "2013 Rogers OHL Championship Series", and that Rogers Sportsnet broadcasts a regular CHL game each Friday evening under the banner of "Friday Night Hockey" on Sportsnet One, that Friday Night Hockey is already scheduled to broadcast a game this Friday evening with teams listed currently in the guide as TBA, and that Ontario represents Sportsnet's largest area of viewership, I'm guessing the odds are good that we'll see the Barrie game this Friday on tv and perhaps on the following Friday as well.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Yeah, I'd think that they'd at least stick with the Friday night games. Who knows, maybe more.

There are ways to see all the games, but all of them cost money. Was definitely worth it to me to be able to watch most of our prospects.

04-30-2013, 04:20 PM
JCJet
The kid is alright

vCash: 1029
I don't understand why they don't make a tv channel just for the CHL. Show diffrent games every night and highlights ect. I would buy it.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Here is Adam Lowry's WHL Eastern Conference Finalist Player of Year highlight video...

http://www.scbroncos.com/video/index/id/1367256631

The Player of the Year award is to be granted on Wednesday (May 1) at the WHL Awards Luncheon and will be simulcast on the WHL website sometime in the afternoon. He is up against Feser who had a great year as well - but was also an overage player which might tarnish his numbers a bit in the eyes of at least some of the voters (GMs', coaches, media). Given that the award is named the Four Broncos Memorial Trophy, you have to like the odds to win of a Broncos captain with a fresh NHL contract in his pocket.

This would be a pretty big deal for the kid if he wins; the past winners include guys like Cam Ward, Jordan Eberle, Jarome Iginla, Joe Sakic, Mike Vernon, Bryan Trottier, Bobby Clarke, etc.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:51 PM
buyinnow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Given that the championship series is known as "2013 Rogers OHL Championship Series", and that Rogers Sportsnet broadcasts a regular CHL game each Friday evening under the banner of "Friday Night Hockey" on Sportsnet One, that Friday Night Hockey is already scheduled to broadcast a game this Friday evening with teams listed currently in the guide as TBA, and that Ontario represents Sportsnet's largest area of viewership, I'm guessing the odds are good that we'll see the Barrie game this Friday on tv and perhaps on the following Friday as well.

Halifax vs BC this friday

Old
05-01-2013, 09:03 AM
jigglysquishy

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJet View Post
I don't understand why they don't make a tv channel just for the CHL. Show diffrent games every night and highlights ect. I would buy it.
Would love it.

Scheifele has been a beast these playoffs. Anyone else think he hit a switch after being sent down and has made a dramatic improvement?

Old
05-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow View Post
Halifax vs BC this friday
Well, in hindsight I guess that makes some sense given MacKinnon & Drouin's high draft projections and that the London game versus Plymouth was shown last week.

Would rather watch Barrie though.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Would love it.

Scheifele has been a beast these playoffs. Anyone else think he hit a switch after being sent down and has made a dramatic improvement?
Maybe he picked up some stuff while practicing and playing with the Jets as well, but overall it definitely seems as if he went down angry and channelled it exactly the way you want to see. The second he got back to Barrie he's been playing like a man on a mission to show the bosses what they missed.

It's funny because when he was drafted, he seemed like such an incredibly... nice kid. On and off the ice. But in the last season for sure it seems he's been developing more of an edge, which is a good thing as he learns more how to harness that properly.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:07 AM
hockeyarena
.net

vCash: 1503
Quote:
Would love it.

Absolutely agree. He was doing great before he came up, but it's almost like he saw how close to the show he is and it sent his confidence thru the roof. He's developing great. For some reason this is who I always think about regarding our development path for Scheif:

Jason Spezza
2001-02 Windsor Spitfires OHL 53GP, 105 PTS
2002-03 Ottawa Senators NHL 33GP, 21 PTS

Old
05-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
Maybe he picked up some stuff while practicing and playing with the Jets as well, but overall it definitely seems as if he went down angry and channelled it exactly the way you want to see. The second he got back to Barrie he's been playing like a man on a mission to show the bosses what they missed.

It's funny because when he was drafted, he seemed like such an incredibly... nice kid. On and off the ice. But in the last season for sure it seems he's been developing more of an edge, which is a good thing as he learns more how to harness that properly.
I definitely saw some of that edge in the Canada / Russia series. I thought Scheifele was one of the most physical guys out there, and was constantly getting in the Russian's faces.

Hopefully our Barrie (I think he used to live in Barrie but still follows the colts) poster can come by and give us his update on Scheifele.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

I'm probably the only one that cares it appears but you can watch Adam Lowry's possible selection for WHL Player of the year beginning at 1:15 this afternoon...
Quote:
2013 WHL AWARDS: LIVE WEBCAST
2013-05-01

Calgary, AB -- The 2013 WHL Awards Luncheon is upon us, as the WHL prepares to honor the best of the 2012-13 regular season. This will be available, free of charge, via LIVE webcast available at http://www.whl.ca/ .

The entire 2013 WHL Awards Luncheon, which is hosted by the WHL on Shaw's Peter Loubardias and Andy Neal, will be available via webcast.

LIVE Webcasts
WHL Awards Luncheon - Wednesday, May 1 - 12:15pm MT (1:15 CST)
As I mentioned earlier, being selected for the Player of the Year award would be a pretty big deal for Lowry if he wins; it would put him in the company of players like Cam Ward, Jordan Eberle, Jarome Iginla, Joe Sakic, Mike Vernon, Bryan Trottier, Bobby Clarke, etc.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:51 AM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Was just curious about Lowry and his few games in St. John's

According to the hockeydb he had:

9GP - 0G - 1A - 4PIM - and was -1

Does anyone know if he was actually playing a regular shift or was he getting minimal ice time?

Old
05-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Was just curious about Lowry and his few games in St. John's

According to the hockeydb he had:

9GP - 0G - 1A - 4PIM - and was -1

Does anyone know if he was actually playing a regular shift or was he getting minimal ice time?
He played a regular shift after the first few games and was taking key faceoffs and playing both pp and pk. The IceCaps coach basically raved about how good he looked right off the hop.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Yes and no. This is exactly the trajectory we realistically could have hoped for. Hawerchuk said years ago that he should be dominating the OHL before moving to the next level and that is what he has finally done.
It has taken time, physical maturity and graded exposure through the WJC, Jets and now OHL playoffs. I really can't say enough about how well I think Scheif has been managed by the Jets org. In a FP article today, he talks about how he has been given special attention by opposing teams and played through it, and about the pressure on him in a game-7 playoff--all important exposures in his development.
For those who keep saying he is playing against kids--look at the Belleville lineup--they are gigantic. London is a much smaller team but has plenty of future NHL-calibre talent.
It's all good. I still doubt whether this will translate into significant NHL production till the 2014/15 season, but I am a patient man.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Bump; the awards show is on now...
http://yyz.neulion.com/static/hockey...ds-draft-2013/

(Lowry up for WHL Player of the Year)

Closed Thread