HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Loui Eriksson to CAR, EDM, STL or NYR (or anyone else)

Old
04-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
It's obvious you did'nt read the whole thing, Since i did say other pieces like Nyquist/Tatar possibly Smith. Nill is like Holland he wont trade period within the same Conference but since Detroit is going to the East next year then that's a different situation all together.
Your last post was not specific enough (no names were mentioned aside from Fillpulla's rights). Since all you said was "possible pieces could be added", which could mean anything.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
MomoSissokko

Is one of CBJ's first, a second and one D (not named Johnson or Murray) enough ?

MomoSissokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoSissokko View Post
Is one of CBJ's first, a second and one D (not named Johnson or Murray) enough ?
We have plenty of D prospects already. Aside from Johnson and Murray, I don't see anyone too enticing for top line winger like Eriksson. I think Dallas would probably ask for Johansen+1st. It's a hefty price I'm sure, but Loui is not going to come cheap with all his intangibles, point production and long term contract already in place.

Although, I can't see why CLB would need Eriksson when they've already got a top line winger like Gaborik. If anything, I'd think they would be looking for centers.

Last edited by Ogi1Kenobi: 04-30-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old
04-30-2013, 12:24 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoSissokko View Post
No, but Murray + LA's first gets the job done for me

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Love Eriksson, but no way do I deal a recent #2 pick plus a first for him. Most I'd do is the Rangers first and LA's first plus Nikitin or something else (not sure of Dallas' needs). I don't know how enticing that is, but you could package one or both of those picks plus #10 to move up into the top 5 perhaps.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Ya, I love Eriksson as much as the next guy but no way are you getting last year's second overall and a first this year.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Although, I can't see why CLB would need Eriksson when they've already got a top line winger like Gaborik. If anything, I'd think they would be looking for centers.
While we may not have any elite centers, we are absolutely loaded with them. Anisimov, Dubinsky, Johansen, and Letestu all played very well this year in scoring roles, and then we have Mackenzie as our 4th line pivot, with Prospal being able to play as well. Not to mention Jenner may make next year's roster.

What we really lack is another top line scoring threat in any capacity. I think a line of Eriksson-AA-Gaborik would work phenomenally for us. Gaborik being the most dynamic of them, Eriksson being able to provide offensive punch while staying more than responsible in his own end, and Anisimov bringing a not-stellar yet well-rounded game. Even Dubinsky would look good in the middle of them.

Since this post is getting me a little excited, I'm more curious now as to what it would take, even if we're not in the market IRL. Two first round picks are on the table from my POV, what else would you want?

Old
04-30-2013, 03:37 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
While we may not have any elite centers, we are absolutely loaded with them. Anisimov, Dubinsky, Johansen, and Letestu all played very well this year in scoring roles, and then we have Mackenzie as our 4th line pivot, with Prospal being able to play as well. Not to mention Jenner may make next year's roster.

What we really lack is another top line scoring threat in any capacity. I think a line of Eriksson-AA-Gaborik would work phenomenally for us. Gaborik being the most dynamic of them, Eriksson being able to provide offensive punch while staying more than responsible in his own end, and Anisimov bringing a not-stellar yet well-rounded game. Even Dubinsky would look good in the middle of them.

Since this post is getting me a little excited, I'm more curious now as to what it would take, even if we're not in the market IRL. Two first round picks are on the table from my POV, what else would you want?
No need for pick 14 + a late first round. We would want a commodity that could play very soon and a pick. Murray would most likely have to be on the table because he's a top prospect, and if you want to acquire top players in a trade, you have to give up top prospects.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Dallas' needs are centers. The Jamie Benn at center situation should be terminated. He's good at the position, but he is much more effective at wing. The only C prospects we have that have a legit chance of becoming NHL caliber players is Radek Faksa (projected to be a #2 two-way centerman). Aside from him, our center depth is seriously lacking. That's why, for me, I'd ask for a package around Johansen. He's a big centerman with upside and has contributed to the NHL level, which is the most important for Dallas.

Eriksson is not in trade market, but he is the one piece in Dallas that could fetch the most return. His only 27 years old, extremely durable, rarely takes penalties, a workhorse, point producer, two-way play and has a cheap long term contract. Those qualities alone is why Jim Nill will probably not trade Eriksson.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
No need for pick 14 + a late first round. We would want a commodity that could play very soon and a pick. Murray would most likely have to be on the table because he's a top prospect, and if you want to acquire top players in a trade, you have to give up top prospects.
Ok man, I get that. But no one would trade a top 2 pick for Eriksson, whom I am a fan of. I've already stated that, and I'm offering 2 picks plus an NHL player. I inquired as to what Dallas' specific needs are, as I don't know whether Nikitin would be of use. I'm not some blind homer, I'm offering a legit package that stings to offer, as I'm well aware of the "you have to give to get" philosophy. I was fully on board for trading Voracek plus the 8th overall pick for Carter at the time.

If Murray would be the only thing of interest, then I would bid a swift adieu to the talks. But don't act like I'm offering crap. How many players get 2 first round picks plus an NHLer in one deal? I understand it may not be what you're looking for, but I'm trying here.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:49 PM
CraniumCram
Bring back BJS

Ennis (C/W) + McNabb (D)?

or

J.Larrson (C/W) + McNabb + 2nd ?

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:51 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Ennis (C/W) + McNabb (D)?

or

J.Larrson (C/W) + McNabb + 2nd ?
No way. You'd have to include pick #8 ++

Old
04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Ok man, I get that. But no one would trade a top 2 pick for Eriksson, whom I am a fan of. I've already stated that, and I'm offering 2 picks plus an NHL player. I inquired as to what Dallas' specific needs are, as I don't know whether Nikitin would be of use. I'm not some blind homer, I'm offering a legit package that stings to offer, as I'm well aware of the "you have to give to get" philosophy. I was fully on board for trading Voracek plus the 8th overall pick for Carter at the time.

If Murray would be the only thing of interest, then I would bid a swift adieu to the talks. But don't act like I'm offering crap. How many players get 2 first round picks plus an NHLer in one deal? I understand it may not be what you're looking for, but I'm trying here.
I never said you were offering crap. But pick 14 + pick 25ish + an average NHL player really doesn't have enough value, IMO.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Dallas' needs are centers. The Jamie Benn at center situation should be terminated. He's good at the position, but he is much more effective at wing. The only C prospects we have that have a legit chance of becoming NHL caliber players is Radek Faksa (projected to be a #2 two-way centerman). Aside from him, our center depth is seriously lacking. That's why, for me, I'd ask for a package around Johansen. He's a big centerman with upside and has contributed to the NHL level, which is the most important for Dallas.

Eriksson is not in trade market, but he is the one piece in Dallas that could fetch the most return. His only 27 years old, extremely durable, rarely takes penalties, a workhorse, point producer, two-way play and has a cheap long term contract. Those qualities alone is why Jim Nill will probably not trade Eriksson.
Thank you. This is the kind of response I was looking for something that has insight.

Rightfully, Loui shouldn't be on the market. He's a great player. This is obviously one of those situations where Dallas isn't searching for a deal, but would be open to the right one if it came to that. I probably won't be willing to offer you the right deal, so I won't inquire anymore. It's always nice to gain perspective from teams I don't know much of I was assuming you guys wanted defensemen.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
I never said you were offering crap. But pick 14 + pick 25ish + an average NHL player really doesn't have enough value, IMO.
Fair enough. I personally think the value is fine, but the fit probably is not. No sweat.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:56 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Thank you. This is the kind of response I was looking for something that has insight.

Rightfully, Loui shouldn't be on the market. He's a great player. This is obviously one of those situations where Dallas isn't searching for a deal, but would be open to the right one if it came to that. I probably won't be willing to offer you the right deal, so I won't inquire anymore. It's always nice to gain perspective from teams I don't know much of I was assuming you guys wanted defensemen.
Our biggest needs right now are Top 6 Centers and a true #1 DMan. Oleksiak/Dillon/Morrow will make a great top 4 d core, be we need the elusive #1 DMan.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Bobblehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Eriksson is eons better than Gagner! Come down and rejoin reality!
Gagner finished 17th in league scoring this year, ahead of Jamie Benn (although Benn had 0.01ppg more - 33 in 41 vs 38 in 48). Ahead of any Dallas Star player. He finished with a better +/- than Loui Erisksson AND he's 4 years younger. He played most ofthe season with Hemsky, Yakupov, PRV and/or Ryan Jones. One could also argue that Gagner is just coming into his own and will continue to trend upward. Luoi took a step back after 4 good years.

okay, I know what you'll say .... anyone can have a good or a bad year. Let's compare career stats......

ppg Erisksson has an edge by about 0.09 point per game over his career.... its actually 7 more points per season!! Not a HUGE difference.

I would also argue Dallas has been a stronger team over their careers with better players surrounding Eriksson than Gagner has had. So Gagner had done more with less help.

Eriksson is better defensively argument ... .Gagner had a better +/- on a weaker team- a team that bled goals. Okay so maybe some stats lie or Gagner stellar season masks the defnesive shortcomings.

Gagner offers grit and sandpaper that Luoi doesn't. Gagner will fight and drop the gloves. Last I checked Loui doesn't.

Gagner is 4 years younger than Eriksson and not yet an UFA, therefore there's a prize that Dallas could lock him up for 5 or 6 years or more. Whereas Loui is signed for 3 more years and then can walk away. Another benefit of Gagner.

So where exactly did we see that Eriksson was WAY better than Gagner.... oh previous years when Gagner was on a 30th place team (with linemates like Cogliano, Nilsson, PRV and Jones) and Eriksson was on a decent Dallas team, with decent players surrounding him (Benn, Morrow, Neal, Richards, Ribeiro).

On second thought, I retract the offer. Gagner is WAY more valuable than Luoi Eriksson.

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:23 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Gagner finished 17th in league scoring this year, ahead of Jamie Benn (although Benn had 0.01ppg more - 33 in 41 vs 38 in 48). Ahead of any Dallas Star player. He finished with a better +/- than Loui Erisksson AND he's 4 years younger. He played most ofthe season with Hemsky, Yakupov, PRV and/or Ryan Jones. One could also argue that Gagner is just coming into his own and will continue to trend upward. Luoi took a step back after 4 good years.

okay, I know what you'll say .... anyone can have a good or a bad year. Let's compare career stats......

ppg Erisksson has an edge by about 0.09 point per game over his career.... its actually 7 more points per season!! Not a HUGE difference.

I would also argue Dallas has been a stronger team over their careers with better players surrounding Eriksson than Gagner has had. So Gagner had done more with less help.

Eriksson is better defensively argument ... .Gagner had a better +/- on a weaker team- a team that bled goals. Okay so maybe some stats lie or Gagner stellar season masks the defnesive shortcomings.

Gagner offers grit and sandpaper that Luoi doesn't. Gagner will fight and drop the gloves. Last I checked Loui doesn't.

Gagner is 4 years younger than Eriksson and not yet an UFA, therefore there's a prize that Dallas could lock him up for 5 or 6 years or more. Whereas Loui is signed for 3 more years and then can walk away. Another benefit of Gagner.

So where exactly did we see that Eriksson was WAY better than Gagner.... oh previous years when Gagner was on a 30th place team (with linemates like Cogliano, Nilsson, PRV and Jones) and Eriksson was on a decent Dallas team, with decent players surrounding him (Benn, Morrow, Neal, Richards, Ribeiro).

On second thought, I retract the offer. Gagner is WAY more valuable than Luoi Eriksson.
?????????????

Eriksson has 3 70 point seasons and a 60 point season, Gagner has a career high 49 point season.
Eriksson is a top 3 defensive forward on top of his stats. Gagner?

Please please please just edit your comment away because it's so horribly wrong.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Gagner offers grit and sandpaper that Luoi doesn't.
Since when?

Old
04-30-2013, 04:37 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
?????????????

Eriksson has 3 70 point seasons and a 60 point season, Gagner has a career high 49 point season.

Please please please just edit your comment away because it's so horribly wrong.
Instead of starting a thread an pissing all over every other teams opinions, why don't you just come out and say what Eriksson would need to bring Dallas, and then leave it alone. I seriously doubt any team would offer up the packages you want.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Stastny @ 4.5M/yr
2013 2nd
2014 2nd

Eriksson

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post

Stastny @ 4.5M/yr
2013 2nd
2014 2nd

Eriksson
No thanks.

This thread is going nowhere. Dallas is not trading Loui.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Bobblehead

Quote:
?????????????

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Erikssons point-per-game comes out to 7 more per season than Gagner. 7 points over 82 games. You using data from a forwards prime production years 25-32 and comparing to a guys produciton from his development years (<25). This is not an apples to apples comparison. When trading a veteran for a young guy or prospect you have to factor in development and potential. Otherwise Nieuwendyk for Iginla trade NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!

Eriksson is 2 years into a forward's prime production years. And he's got 3 of those 60+ years while playing with Richards, Benn, Morrow, Neal, Ribeiro. He was on a team that had veteran, talented players.

Gagner is still only 23 and on the up swing. This year's ppg would have him at 65points over 82 games. 3 of his "50 point" years came as a 19, 20 & 21 year old. At that age, ERiksson's totals would have been 25 and 37 points. All this while playing with wizards like Marc Pouliot, Ryan jones, PRV, Hemsky, Cogliano and Robert Nilsson. I think he even skated with Toby Peterson one year!! hah.

Eriksson had his first "breakout" year of 63 points @ 23 years old. Same age as Gagner is this year, with 65 points over 82 games, which coincidentally is Ganger's breakout year.

At 23 years old Gagner is miles ahead of Eriksson at 23 and only slightly behind the produciton of a 27 year old Eriksson.

I'm afraid to inform you you don't know what you're talking about.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:05 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
You have no clue what you're talking about.

Erikssons point-per-game comes out to 7 more per season than Gagner. 7 points over 82 games. You using data from a forwards prime production years 25-32 and comparing to a guys produciton from his development years (<25). This is not an apples to apples comparison. When trading a veteran for a young guy or prospect you have to factor in development and potential. Otherwise Nieuwendyk for Iginla trade NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!

Eriksson is 2 years into a forward's prime production years. And he's got 3 of those 60+ years while playing with Richards, Benn, Morrow, Neal, Ribeiro. He was on a team that had veteran, talented players.

Gagner is still only 23 and on the up swing. This year's ppg would have him at 65points over 82 games. 3 of his "50 point" years came as a 19, 20 & 21 year old. At that age, ERiksson's totals would have been 25 and 37 points. All this while playing with wizards like Marc Pouliot, Ryan jones, PRV, Hemsky, Cogliano and Robert Nilsson. I think he even skated with Toby Peterson one year!! hah.

Eriksson had his first "breakout" year of 63 points @ 23 years old. Same age as Gagner is this year, with 65 points over 82 games, which coincidentally is Ganger's breakout year.

At 23 years old Gagner is miles ahead of Eriksson at 23 and only slightly behind the produciton of a 27 year old Eriksson.

I'm afraid to inform you you don't know what you're talking about.
Ok then, if you know what you're talking about, then keep Gagner. Cause I sure as hell would rather have Eriksson on my team now, and moving forward, than Gagner. And I'm positive I'm in the majority.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Bobblehead

Quote:
Since when?
Since he came in the league..... check out hits and fighting stats. Eriksson career fights 0, Gagner 7. Hits this year ERiksson 6, Gagner 35.