HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF GAME #1 // LA Kings @ St. Louis Blues (Blues Win 2-1)

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 50
Sens fan here.

How loud is Scottrade gonna be tonight? Stoked to watch this. Go Blues!

04-30-2013, 02:13 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Sens fan here.

Like any other game, it depends on how the home team performs. As long as they don't get dominated again, the place will be rocking.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

vCash: 500
Quote:
Sens fan here.

It should be pretty loud. Back in the day(mid 90s), it was painful to be in there because it was so loud. It's starting to get back to that. I expect it to be rocking, especially given we are playing thr Kings. I'm so stoked I was lucky enough to snag tickets.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
It should be pretty loud. Back in the day(mid 90s), it was painful to be in there because it was so loud. It's starting to get back to that. I expect it to be rocking, especially given we are playing thr Kings. I'm so stoked I was lucky enough to snag tickets.
Seriously - the "Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus" is deafening in there. I used to always think of St. Louis as a pure baseball town (which I know is an idiotic notion) - until I saw my first Playoff game live there. It's ridiculously loud and I love that ****.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
If it is not loud I'll be sure to yell to the top of my lungs to make it that way.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Of course I work!

Old
04-30-2013, 02:57 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Of course I work!
Hey that's my line! (except on Tuesdays) but not tonight. I'll consider going if the 'note make it to the Western Conference Finals.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Guys I know the fourth line has been playing very well, but if we have to rely on them we are royally ****ed.
Yes, that is what I think as well. Our 4th line rocks, no doubt, but we really need the top 9 to turn it up.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:30 PM
The Note
Overrated

Quote:
Seriously - the "Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus" is deafening in there. I used to always think of St. Louis as a pure baseball town (which I know is an idiotic notion) - until I saw my first Playoff game live there. It's ridiculously loud and I love that ****.
I will be there tonight doing my part to make it deafening in there. With a little help from the drinks at the pre-game rally. Can't wait!

Old
04-30-2013, 03:31 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Of course I work!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a pretty good record when you have to miss the game due to work?

Old
04-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
St. Louis is a great sports town. A big reason could be because there really isn't a TON to do here. I mean you can always find something to do but going to a Cards, Blues, or Rams game is among the most fun.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:02 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
Not -as- excited about the 4th line as some. And I'm not just worried due to the fact that 91 is sitting...more worried that it's indicative that Hitch is going to stick to his guns and not adjust in-game (a la last year), if need be.

I don't see how we win this series without an effective counterstrike game...we've lost the 'grind' game against L.A. the last 7 times.

Excited nonetheless. Cracknell has earned it, but I can name a trio of players who could arguably sitting in Tarasenko's place (due to the fact that they only bring positive elements to the game once established in the zone)
The forwards the Blues have need to be able to score whether Tarasenko's out there or not. They need to go to the hard areas and score, period. If the others can't do it against this team it doesn't matter whether he's in there or not.

The other response is it's just one game, let him see the ice from above during it. If the Blues find a way to win, keep the same lineup. If not, bring him in and sit someone like McDonald for Game 2 if he's invisible.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:02 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Go Blues!

Old
04-30-2013, 04:05 PM
asmarks18

Lets go Blues! I predict Backes to have a big night and series. Expecting big things from him! Get that hitting game going.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Lets go blues. I cannot wait!

Start already. Please.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:43 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

I just re-watched the extended highlights of Game 1 on YouTube to torture myself and get pumped for tonight but after watching it I oddly got slightly, slightly more optimistic about our chances.

I honestly forgot how pissed the bench was after the King board on Petro with everyone screaming at the refs that the penalty should've been more severe and then LA scored shorthanded literally 30 seconds after the incident as the Blues were clearly rattled and totally unprepared for the face-off. Matt Greene's goal ended the series right then and there. That was a ridiculous turn of events and something a green playoff team was unable to cope with. The Blues actually played really well until that moment.

I think the odds of a situation like that repeating itself is less than 1% and even if it does the Blues should, in theory, be able to withstand it a lot better this time from both a mental and personnel perspective.

When you factor in LA missing some key defenseman this time around and the Blues adding some pieces I think it's fair to say at this point going into the series the Kings are the better team but the Blues have closed the gap.

Couple other things I noticed:

1. Sobotka going hard to the net. Talked about a lot and was good to see on the tape.
2. Jackman going south with the puck which directly led to Voynov's tying goal. It's his achilles heel against a heavy forecheck and he has to move the puck quicker.
3. Someone kill Dwight King

Old
04-30-2013, 04:57 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Yeah, that was the moment when the mental domination started. The regular season was fairly thrilling last year between the two teams. There was the 5-0 Halak meltdown blowout early in the season under Payne, one of the final nails in his coaching coffin, but the rest of the season was intense. 0-0 game that went to shootout right before the playoffs. The Blues came out strong in Game 1 but folded badly after one of the cheaper shots in recent playoff memory. They came out in Game 2 totally flat and everyone sucked. This is the period the less astute posters on this board attribute to Elliott, but it was a total team collapse. Guys were just walking in unabated over and over. They were down 2-0 and going on the road.

I do think the struggles during this year made them understand the fine line of desperation they need to play with, but the reason I'm still pessimistic until they prove it is that LA is specifically made for the playoffs. LA's playoff A game is one of the best postseason A games I can ever remember seeing. Even when they lost to the Wings near the end of the season they looked dangerous and menacing to me. They are an intimidating team when they get going. The Blues have shown an ability to rebound from momentum swings within a week or so, but in the playoffs they have to be mentally strong enough to rebound the next shift from adversity. To be brutally honest, there's literally no shred of belief I have in this team to rebound immediately. Over the past 5-6 years, 100% of the time it takes them awhile to bounce back from adversity. Like, a couple games or so. They turn around momentum like a battleship turning. They will turn it around, but in the playoffs it has to be immediate. LA knows how to do this and I don't believe in the individual players on the Blues to do this, because they always don't.

Here's hoping I'm very, very wrong.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Bluenatic
fingers crossed

Welcome back Oshie! LETS GO BLUES!!! I know the Blues can hang with and beat that other team!!!!

Old
04-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott

Apparently tarasenko is out tonight.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:52 PM
STL Blues Fan

Go Bluuuuuueeeessssss!!!!! Can't wait for the game. Work seemed like it crawled by today. Love me some playoff hockey.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Blues Fan View Post
Go Bluuuuuueeeessssss!!!!! Can't wait for the game. Work seemed like it crawled by today. Love me some playoff hockey.
I know, it was the same for me today. One hour left til puck drop, the anticipation!

Old
04-30-2013, 06:16 PM
STL Blues Fan

This is a pretty good pre game show. Love Bobby Plager's story.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:32 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Should things happen to go downhill in here, remember that the report button is your friend. Consider it a personal favor to me. The less I need to clean up, the more time I get to spend watching the game.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:36 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Should things happen to go downhill in here, remember that the report button is your friend. Consider it a personal favor to me. The less I need to clean up, the more time I get to spend watching the game.
So sarcasm and mocking isn't the proper response?

Old
04-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Just about to post something similar.

The infraction button will be more quickly used during the playoffs to keep our boards free of garbage.

With that said...have a ton of fun. It is playoff time!!!!!

Closed Thread