HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Wild at Oilers Dec. 30

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 06:14 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 500
im sure LMHF1 could make up some lines for us.

Old
12-30-2003, 06:16 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild
Mactavish putting Ferguson on the PP is a discrace it's like he is trying to spite Oiler fans. It boggles my mind why the worst PP in the NHL wouldn't out their best point shot (Semenov) on the point and fire away. The Canucks used to do it with Aucoin and Mtl is doing it with Souray. Not greatly talented D-men but they could fire the puck. I haven't been on the fire Mact side but I am now moving that way, he seems to have no clue when it comes to lines or PP combos.
When you are down to 5 defencemen, some guys have to pick up the extra minutes.

Semenov has been horrible with the puck. He can't receive a pass cleanly, and you can't have a guy like that on the point.

Old
12-30-2003, 06:50 PM
metallicat

Another DOMINATING game by the Oilers tonight...can't really complain other than they are just not executing. They will get there, things are looking better. At least it wasn't a loss.

Old
12-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Y'know, we could save money by replacing MacT with a laptop running a random line generator.

Would anyone even notice the difference?

lol. I do think we'd notice though. After all, we've come to expect 20 or so bench minors due to Craig's silver tongue.

You know, a fun game might be to come up with combinations he's never tried. Let's see. York-Chimera-Laraque. I don't think I've seen that one.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:21 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

The Edmonton Stone Masons deserved a better fate. Unfortunately once again their stone hands betrayed them. This team is lacking finishers and hockey sense.

On the plus side, Mike York continues his hot play and inspirational leadership. 100% every shift, never quits, and can actually score. By far this team's best player. Eric Brewer logged monster minutes and played with great confidence. Tirelessly led the charge in overtime. Great game.

I liked Luomo's game despite the first goal. Simple game. As mentioned by others, Luomo's game mirrors that of Cross. Nothing fancy. George Laraque played a much more inspired game.

Minus goes out to Hall 'n' Oates. Much like the 80's music duo Oates' best before date has expired. Time to earn the paycheck although granted the good hands guy is lacking finishers on the Edmonton Stone Masons. Isbister and Torres must keep their feet moving to be effective.
Horcoff has played better lately but still makes poor decisions, turns over the puck, and loses physical battles. That said he has played better.

Rita has served his apprenticeship. He has shown consistency and deserves his chance.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:35 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
gee hoz tell us why mact is the coach for this team, cmon dont be shy im very interested to here your thoughts other than debunking other peoples opinions. no doubt our players suck big time however it seems this team is no longer listening or even cares.
I don't know? I'd say the 90 point seasons with one of the youngest teams in the league.

As for not listening...the suckiest players with the best intentions won't turn into Gretzky in his prime. And if they are really not listening to him I'd say the Oilers have a bigger problem than the coach. These are not veteran players who have umpteen number of playoffs under their belt or rings on their fingers...

and finally...

A new coach will do no better with this bunch than MacTavish. Oh, I am sure with the arrival of a new coach they'll put in 2 weeks of great hockey then it will be back to the same ole' same Oil.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:42 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
The Edmonton Stone Masons deserved a better fate. Unfortunately once again their stone hands betrayed them. This team is lacking finishers and hockey sense.
It's the Todd Marchant curse that he's left the team with his departure. You know it. I know it.

Old
12-31-2003, 02:42 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
But that's the coaches' fault.

This team isn't good. Plain and simple.

When did I say it was the coaches' fault. I never criticized the coaches. Sorry HOZ, you lost me there. I my original message, I mentioned a few plays by some p-l-a-y-e-r-s. Please re-read it.

Old
12-31-2003, 03:00 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
This to me says it all. The Oilers weren't just capitalizing on marginal chances. They were getting point blank chances to score that any other team would have converted. Brewer in OT. Semenov off the rebound, Semenov in OT. Torres in the second period.

The Oilers had 40 freakin shots and two goals?

Old
12-31-2003, 02:37 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin

When did I say it was the coaches' fault. I never criticized the coaches. Sorry HOZ, you lost me there. I my original message, I mentioned a few plays by some p-l-a-y-e-r-s. Please re-read it.
Don't be a snot.

That comment was obviously not for you but for the plethra of MacTavish bashers

Old
01-01-2004, 03:19 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
Don't be a snot.

That comment was obviously not for you but for the plethra of MacTavish bashers
Easy. If it wasn't directed towards me, don't "quote" me in your reply.

Happy New Year!

Closed Thread