HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jacques & Nathan Beaulieu each charged with 2 counts of assault

Old
04-30-2013, 02:39 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
An altercation could just mean a heated argument. It doesn't mean they did any bodily harm to him.

Being assaulted could also mean they simply pushed the person and told them to GTFO

To assume altercation automatically means they beat people up is trying to make this seem worse. If they actually did bodily harm they'd be in a jail cell.
Quote:
The injuries were minor, but both victims were scared, said Campbell.
Unless it was a heated argument and they bruised the other person's ego. I figure there was something physical. Perhaps a push or whatever.

Still, someone has to be retarded to press charges for a push. Stranger things have happened though.

Still weird 2 times in same night.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricef View Post
I for one will wait until he is convicted before I started branding him or his father as bad people.
Many of used "starting to think" or words like "might". I'm on the beaulieu's side but it never looks good when you're charged with something.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I know this probably won't come across well, but do you ever just look at someone and say to yourself, without even knowing them, "that kid is a major ****** bag.."

Well, for me, that's Nathan Beaulieu. I've thought that way since before the 2011 draft.

Glad to have him as a player, though.
Some of the greatest players were far worse people that Beaulieu. At least he once thanked me for congratulating him on that iphone social app.

I don't want to compare him to Chelios but let's not make that mistake again. The impression I get of Beaulieu is he's someone I'd never want to be friends with, but I couldn't give two ****s about that if he produces on the ice. Assaulting people in public is not acceptable and he needs to grow up either way, but for all we know this is BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Still, someone has to be retarded to press charges for a push. Stranger things have happened though.
Dumb, or they have a grudge. Jacques is a coach and Nathan is an extremely arrogant top tier prospect, both probably have plenty of enemies on the junior hockey circuit.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:41 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I know this probably won't come across well, but do you ever just look at someone and say to yourself, without even knowing them, "that kid is a major ****** bag.."

Well, for me, that's Nathan Beaulieu. I've thought that way since before the 2011 draft.

Glad to have him as a player, though.
heh

now post your photo so we can make that call

but kinda agree re Beaulieu

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:42 PM
skule123

And now we have the developmental / organizational personnel to actually work with him instead of just calling up Nashville or whatever right away.

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pine

Quote:
Unless it was a heated argument and they bruised the other person's ego. I figure there was something physical. Perhaps a push or whatever.

Someone wants their two minutes a fame - e.g. a player who never made it to the show.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jedimyrmidon

So many posts here that are heavy handed in their assessments.

People sometimes do foolish things at house parties. Fights happen all the time. It's different than, say, him and his father robbing a bank or beating up on an old lady and taking her purse.

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Without knowing more I won't pass judgement, but I wouldn't be that shocked considering Beaulieu's personality.

But it would be a big, big mistake to trade the kid because of this. The fact that his father was involved says more about his upbringing than it does about his future. My baseless speculation is that he was drinking with his family, someone insulted him or his father and they overreacted.
Exactly, and this is exactly why we hired guys like Lapointe and Brisebois: helping the development of prospects who need a little more guidance than others. Not everyone has the maturity of the Gally's. Whatever happened/happens with Beaulieu, at least we know that the organization is providing proper support.

BigFatPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:45 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
lol come on... Everyone knows that Beaulieu has "issues". There's no denying that he's very immature and a bit of a do*che. Not a big deal since he's still young but he definitely has to work on his attitude.
Well we know the altercation did not happen against the Tinordi's.
I don't think daddy Beaulieu would tangle with daddy Tinordi and I don't think Nathan would want to jump in either.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:47 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Who cares, this is probably nothing anyways. Kid is still 20 and his on ice play has improved the past year which is what I care about, he can act like a ****** all he wants because his girlfriend is a rocket and he'll mature over the years.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:48 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Essentially. They both beat up 1 person. The person leaves then they both beat up another.

Very odd set of circumstances, looks like they worked together to find trouble here. We have to consider that when you double team someone...twice...in the same night. You just might be a ******bag
'Innocent until proven guilty' mean anything to you?

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:49 PM
HCH

Lots of 'holier than thou' comments here even though none of us know the circumstances. It's kind of pathetic.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:50 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The fact that another person came back later leads to me to believe that this assault charge will get thrown out.

Honestly, if you were assaulted by someone.. would you go back again? Sounds like they lost a fight and wanted to besmirch their names by pressing charges.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

If you call someone an idiot they will try to sue in order to get money if they know you have any.

Probably some idiot wanting attention and/or money.

I hope Nathan beat the **** out of them if the other person started that ****.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
So many posts here that are heavy handed in their assessments.

People sometimes do foolish things at house parties. Fights happen all the time. It's different than, say, him and his father robbing a bank or beating up on an old lady and taking her purse.
I still find this really stupid if he actually got into a fight. Dude, you're going to the NHL! Don't do stupid things like that. I mean, come on...

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Habs

Quote:
Strathroy Caradoc Police have confirmed the 20-year-old hockey superstar is facing the same set of charges as his dad Jacques Beaulieu -- head coach of the Sarnia Sting -- in connection with the same incident.
I wasn't aware we had a Superstar in our system!
\

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:56 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I still find this really stupid if he actually got into a fight. Dude, you're going to the NHL! Don't do stupid things like that. I mean, come on...
You're still human, who knows what happened for them to get into a fight.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
You're still human, who knows what happened for them to get into a fight.
Fighting isn't the best way to resolve things.

Except in hockey.

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:08 PM
madhi19

The Habs will send their crack lawyer that will sweep this whole mess under the rug faster than you can say. "Moe Wakis had a 15 years old baby mama!"

See bellow Habs crack lawyer!

madhi19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Fighting isn't the best way to resolve things.

Except in hockey.
yeah. In hockey, it's only 5 minutes. You can concussed the other guy, put an end to his carrer, it's still 5 minutes. The Beaulieus should had brought the two guys at a rink and beat them there.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
'Innocent until proven guilty' mean anything to you?
True. I didn't mean to come off as saying he's guilty. Merely saying it doesn't look good.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Schwang

We don't even know the details,. You watch, they'll press their own charges and it'll turn into nothing. If they weren't well known, no one outside of the party would have heard of it. Besides, what 20 yr old kid hasn't gone to parties and gotten into some kind of altercation?

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Lots of 'holier than thou' comments here even though none of us know the circumstances. It's kind of pathetic.
I agree. Usually "fans" at least give their players the benefit of the doubt until some evidence surfaces. Anybody else remember the "darkest day in Habs history"?

Last edited by Monctonscout: 04-30-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I agree. Usually "fans" at lesat give their players the benefit of the doubt until some evidence surfaces. Anybody else remember the "darkest day in Habs history"?
Jacques Demers is still shaking, teary eyed, and "thinking of Mr. Beliveau."

04-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Assault can be anything from a threat/gesture of force on a victim to actually physically applying the force to a victim. We don't know what happen exactly yet so I wouldn't worry too much.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote