HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
04-30-2013, 12:52 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 500
Still can't find my playoff hamster toy with a mtl canadiens jersey singing good old hockey game....

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Joe Cole

If I hear one more "expert" throw roses at Erik Karlsson, I am going to throw up.

I predict one thing, RDS's play by play will be riddled with compliments on how well Karlsson does just about anything, from skate back to the bench to ice the puck...."did you see see that incredible talent?"

Everyone needs a new game story. Lay off the Karlsson/Price stories....it is getting redundant.

Why not spin it another way.... why not rookie vs rookie? Coach vs coach, Plek vs Alfie....something else!

Please. For the sake of variety at the very least!

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:21 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
If I hear one more "expert" throw roses at Erik Karlsson, I am going to throw up.

I predict one thing, RDS's play by play will be riddled with compliments on how well Karlsson does just about anything, from skate back to the bench to ice the puck...."did you see see that incredible talent?"

Everyone needs a new game story. Lay off the Karlsson/Price stories....it is getting redundant.

Why not spin it another way.... why not rookie vs rookie? Coach vs coach, Plek vs Alfie....something else!

At least we don't have to constantly hear about TOR size superiority and kadris godlike skills.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
SB164

Off-topic: I'm going to The Lumineers show tomorrow at the Metropolis. What time would you guys say I should go wait in line for, if the gig starts at 8pm? I wanna get the first row balcony seats.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
sheed36

Quote:

Don't expect that to stop anytime soon. Just anoint the guy the best player of all time and be done with it..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:35 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

Karlsson is Orr, Coffey, Chelios all wrapped up into one...the Norris trophy will be renamed, not after Orr but Karlsson...

BTW, a dman doesn't need to be physical...ask the Sens fans, they would know...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:44 PM
roy munson

Wow... Went to take a look at the Sens board and they're trying really hard to start a pseudo rivalry! And I mean really hard.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:59 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Wow... Went to take a look at the Sens board and they're trying really hard to start a pseudo rivalry! And I mean really hard.
I haven't visited the Sens board but I checked out the Habs/Sens thread on the Stanley Cup playoffs board and it looks like it as turned in a comparison thread between Subban and the mighty Karlsson.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:03 PM
DerektheHabsfan82

The refs for Round 1 (taken from Sens board):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov View Post
The NHL has announced their referees for Round 1. Here they are:

Paul Devorski, Eric Furlatt, Marc Joannette, Greg Kimmerly, Tom Kowal, Steve Kozari, Mike Leggo, Chris Lee, Wes McCauley, Brad Myer, Dan O'Halloran, Dan O'Rourke, Tim Peel, Brian Pochmara, Kevin Pollack, Chris Rooney, Kelly Sutherland, Francois St-Laurent, Brad Watson, Stephen Walkom

DerektheHabsfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Gallagher will be neutralized. Do not depend on him. No probs with that, he's a rookie. I have no expectations from him this PO and it is not wise to think he will shine.
He's the one player who cant' be neutralized. Kept off the scoresheet? Sure. But that's not really neutralizing him as he brings so much more to the table. He gets under the other team's skin, is good defensively and distracts the hell out of the other team's players and goalie. He's ultra consistent. I'm not worried if he doesn't score, he just has to do his job. And if he does, I think some points will come.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Not a single Hab so far the last 2 days has said something about the Sens that is even 1/10th as bad as Lupul's comments about us. There is no rivalry at all right now.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
Meh, there's no rivalry with Ottawa. Maybe after the series there will be, but there's honestly no rivalry there at the moment.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:03 PM
almostjesus*

I love how Sens and Leafs are so confident that the Habs are the easier team to beat. You know, winning the NE division, being in the top 4 in the league and #1 in the east for most of the season.

Doesn't matter bro, winning by an inch or a mile, winnings winning.

We had a MINOR slump and we're back on track now.

GO HABS GO

almostjesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:06 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostjesus View Post
I love how Sens and Leafs are so confident that the Habs are the easier team to beat. You know, winning the NE division, being in the top 4 in the league and #1 in the east for most of the season.

GO HABS GO
The Habs should never, ever believe anybody is gonna be easy to play. They will struggle when they don't give their 100%

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:17 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
In case you haven't had a chance to stop by the series talk thread on the playoffs board, here's what you're missing out on every time you make a post as a Habs fan:

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:19 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostjesus View Post

GO HABS GO
This will be a good test for Ottawa. Interesting match-ups. I see Pageau line being a factor.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
In case you haven't had a chance to stop by the series talk thread on the playoffs board, here's what you're missing out on every time you make a post as a Habs fan:

Every time I go on the thread it's always about Subban vs. Karlsson.

I think I'll stay here for the next few weeks or until the Habs are eliminated.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:21 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

You should just say, hello we are the media, the nhl and everyone else that wants to talk about Karlsson. You annoyed that despite Subby's season he isn't even talked about as being in the same class as Karlsson?

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:23 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
You should just say, hello we are the media, the nhl and everyone else that wants to talk about Karlsson. You annoyed that despite Subby's season he isn't even talked about as being in the same class as Karlsson?
What class is karlsson in? More info please.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

I know it wouldn't count if Subban was nominated for the Norris this year because Great Leader didn't play most of the year, but please, Ottawa fan, if you would just acknowledge Subban's existence, we would be ever so grateful.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Gallagher's game is well suited for the playoffs but he's a rookie.

Pacioretty will make Roy look silly. Just watch. I expect big things from him even though it's his first playoffs.

Agreed about Subban though, the guy is a big game player. He showed it against the bruins in game 7 down one goal in the dying minutes.
I don't think it matters whether you're a rookie or not. Gallagher has basically been playing playoff hockey for 3 months now.

Roy will look silly only if MaxPac still plays like a peripheral player but has great success in the POs, which is unlikely. If Max changes his game (goes in high traffic areas, scores garbage goals) and meets success, then Roy is right.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
sheed36

I preferred not playing the Leafs since having to deal with Leaf fans for 2 weeks would've been insufferable here. Well it looks like we'll be forced to listen to Sens fans constantly telling everyone how great Karlsson is and that will be more insufferable than listening to Leaf fans.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Maybe purely offense but Subban is a more complete player. I don't think you'll see Karlsson running over somebody with a big hit like Subban can do(ask Marchand), and Karlsson is not is Subban's class defensively, he plays like a forward more often than as a defenseman.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerektheHabsfan82 View Post
The refs for Round 1 (taken from Sens board):
Why do I suspect we will get Chris Lee and Tim Peel back to back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Off-topic: I'm going to The Lumineers show tomorrow at the Metropolis. What time would you guys say I should go wait in line for, if the gig starts at 8pm? I wanna get the first row balcony seats.
In my experience the Balcony gets filled slower than the ground level, but there's less space so give it an hour or something.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Mario Tremblay just said on french radio that Price's career in Montreal could be in jeopardy if he doesn't keep his team in every single game this postseason because the fans are starting to be impatient.

What?

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote