HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
04-30-2013, 03:48 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
What class is karlsson in? More info please.
You don't know?? EK is the greatest offensive and complete defenseman of all time.. Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey are in a class below the great Erik Karlsson offensively AINEC..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:49 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Maybe purely offense but Subban is a more complete player. I don't think you'll see Karlsson running over somebody with a big hit like Subban can do(ask Marchand), and Karlsson is not is Subban's class defensively, he plays like a forward more often than as a defenseman.
In the last Sens' game against the Bruins, I saw at least 3/4 giveaway by Karlsson. Knowing that he will play 30 minutes per game, the Habs should try to force him to turnover the puck, make mistakes.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:50 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

I know it wouldn't count if Subban was nominated for the Norris this year because Great Leader didn't play most of the year, but please, Ottawa fan, if you would just acknowledge Subban's existence, we would be ever so grateful.
Subban exists, and plays well. He is likely doing so well because of Markov on the PP. It is no coincidence that Subban was no where near this good offensively with Markov injured all last season. Karlsson is the producer of the majority of Ottawa's offense, was last season and it can be seen in the first 13 games of this season, as well as his last 4. Karlsson is a better skater, faster on the transition, a better passer... not as physical, but definitely as good defensively.

Subban in the running for Norris? Because Karlsson was injured.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Mario Tremblay just said on french radio that Price's career in Montreal could be in jeopardy if he doesn't keep his team in every single game this postseason because the fans are starting to be impatient.

What?
If he doesn't play better than what he showed this season... it is a possibility

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
What class is karlsson in? More info please.
I dunno, watch TSN and ask them... or CBC. Any expert will tell you that Karlsson is seen as one of the best players in the NHL. They talk about him as being among the likes of Crosby, etc. 4 points in 3 games, since returning from injury, that is PPG.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:55 PM
hockeyalltheway
You can't do that!

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

I know it wouldn't count if Subban was nominated for the Norris this year because Great Leader didn't play most of the year, but please, Ottawa fan, if you would just acknowledge Subban's existence, we would be ever so grateful.
Very selective reading. A lot of us are saying Subban's a great defenceman and we'd love to have him on Ottawa. He's got great vision and a very good defensive presence, too.

bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
In the last Sens' game against the Bruins, I saw at least 3/4 giveaway by Karlsson. Knowing that he will play 30 minutes per game, the Habs should try to force him to turnover the puck, make mistakes.
His skating is affected and you must think his decision making is off a bit since he's still adjusting to the plays he CAN currently make as opposed to the plays he WAS able to make pre-injury...

I live in Ottawa and all my friends are well insane **** talkers with no shred of reality...I'm not saying this series is going to be a walk in the park for us oh contraire...I think if we can win this series it will definitely set the tempo for a deep run because Ottawa's style will be the hardest for us to play against since they match up SO well against us.

My problem is that BECAUSE Subban is a Hab, he is not even COMPARABLE to Karlsson, which really irks me because one dude is an obvious Norris candidate this year who's in 100% health while the other is ONE of the best in the league in his position that isn't even close to 100% due to an injury that affects his most vital skill, skating.

All I want from those idiotic fans is some reality and not blind homerism...I don't care that PK's not better but the way they make Karlsson seem is...well...very irritating lol

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SonOfGom

do we really have to have this karlsson bs in here too?

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:56 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Subban exists, and plays well. He is likely doing so well because of Markov on the PP. It is no coincidence that Subban was no where near this good offensively with Markov injured all last season. Karlsson is the producer of the majority of Ottawa's offense, was last season and it can be seen in the first 13 games of this season, as well as his last 4. Karlsson is a better skater, faster on the transition, a better passer... not as physical, but definitely as good defensively.

Please take this to the Sens board or the mainboard. I have seen enough of post like this on the maiboard.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Hullois

Quote:
I dunno, watch TSN and ask them... or CBC. Any expert will tell you that Karlsson is seen as one of the best players in the NHL. They talk about him as being among the likes of Crosby, etc. 4 points in 3 games, since returning from injury, that is PPG.
Hahaha .... hahahahaha...

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Impressive. Should the NHL put him in the hall of fame right now?

Old
04-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Mario Tremblay just said on french radio that Price's career in Montreal could be in jeopardy if he doesn't keep his team in every single game this postseason because the fans are starting to be impatient.

What?
He said that Crosby's career might be over when he was injured like two years ago.

**** this guy.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:

Hahaha oh my god it never ends.

Just kidding, it does. Sens fans can take their pro-Karlsson posts to the playoffs board, starting now. No one here is interested in debate this insanity with you guys in this thread as well.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Not sure if anyone posted this:

Stats vs Ottawa this year:

NameGPGoalsPoints+-
David Desharnais 4 1 1 0
Gabriel Dumont 1 0 1 1
Lars Eller 4 1 1 -1
Alex Galchenyuk 4 0 0 -1
Jeff Halpern 2 0 1 1
Petteri Nokelainen 0 0 0 0
Tomas Plekanec 4 1 2 0
Ryan White 3 0 0 0
Rene Bourque 2 0 0 -1
Travis Moen 4 0 0 -2
Max Pacioretty 3 0 3 1
Michael Ryder 1 0 0 0
Brendan Gallagher 4 1 1 0
Michael Blunden 0 0 0 0
Brandan Prust 3 0 0 0
Colby Armstrong 4 0 0 -1
Brian Gionta 4 0 0 -1
Francis Bouillon 4 0 1 -1
Raphael Diaz 3 0 2 -2
Davis Drewiske 0 0 0 0
Alexei Emelin 4 0 0 0
Josh Gorges 4 0 1 -1
Tomas Kaberle 1 0 0 -1
Andrei Markov 4 1 3 -2
P.K. Subban 3 1 3 2
Jarred Tinordi 0 0 0 0
Yannick Weber 0 0 0 0

NameGPSave %GAA Record
Carey Price 3 .944 1.58 2-0-1
Peter Budaj 1 .815 5 0-1-0

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Bigup
Stache consultant

I come in peace.......Is it Thursday yet?

Bigup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Sure a hot goalie is important. Some goalies play great against other teams too. Look at these stats:

Price hasn't had a regulation loss against Ottawa in three seasons.
His save percentage against them the past three years: .939, .951, .944
Anderson's record against us is .500 in the past three seasons.
His save percentage over the Habs the past three seasons .931, .879., 953

It's also worth noting that Anderson only played two games against us this year and we split with him.

Which stats do you want to look at? Anderson's had a better season but he's only played 24 games. Dude, 24 games is nothing. Yeah, he's been great but let's keep things in perspective. ANY goalie can get hot (look at Martin Biron a few years back) and maybe he will beat us. But I'm just fine going into that series with Price and you should be too.
Fair points and honestly i didn't look at Price stats vs the Sens but those are encouraging. And i am confident in Price going into the series. When i say the Sens may have a slight edge in goaltending due to Anderson being hot i don't mean a huge gap like Dan Cloutier vs Patrick Roy. Both are good goalies but Anderson at his best was just stellar this year , more so than Price.

Either way we'll see what happens soon enough

131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:59 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Karlsson is Orr, Coffey, Chelios all wrapped up into one...the Norris trophy will be renamed, not after Orr but Karlsson...

BTW, a dman doesn't need to be physical...ask the Sens fans, they would know...
Jared Cowen, Marc Methot, Eric Gryba and Chris Phillips.

Karlsson will be a factor, but Cowen will hurt your forwards...he is going to be a big factor.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Et le But

Quote:

I could argue with this, but Eyes on the Prize already has done a much better job explaining why Subban is significantly better on the defensive end. Watching Karlsson, you see that he does in fact have very good defensive skills (although he can't win puck battles as easily as Subban), but he uses it more to neutralize the risks he takes to improve his offense instead of to improve his teams defense. Much like Markov did in his prime actually (and still does, unfortunately).

Karlsson is an exceptional even strength point producer, but that is helped by his usage and the way he plays (often at the expense of defense). He was also on the ice overwhelmingly with Spezza last year, while Subban is balanced out between our three lines (though as EOTP points out, Karlsson's production doesn't drop off without Spezza)

If Subban is more dependant on the power play to put up points (where he plays with the great Markov), on even strength he is still a greater net positive when it comes to scoring chances than Karlsson is.

Really though, both Karlsson and Subban are great players but you aren't going to convince people on this board that Karlsson is perfect, sorry.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Jared Cowen, Marc Methot, Eric Gryba and Chris Phillips.

Karlsson will be a factor, but Cowen will hurt your forwards...he is going to be a big factor.
Maybe but if Tinordi plays like he did in the last couple of games he may hurt yours just as much

131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Please take this to the Sens board or the mainboard. I have seen enough of post like this on the maiboard.
Even though everyone already knows that Karlsson is a great player Sens fans just can't help themselves constantly reminding everyone and it as become nauseating now.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Dealing with Karlsson will be our biggest challenge. Habs need to deal with him the same way they dealt with Ovechkin and Crosby in 2010. And this is not sarcasm. The rest of the Sens team doesn't worry me, including Anderson.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:

So Subban's success was mostly due to Markov but Karlsson manufactures offense mostly by himself and himself alone?

So if Karlsson wasn't injured, he would have automatically been the Norris winner (even though, we all know that pro athletes performance may vary within a season and from season to season) and Subban wouldn't even be in the running?

Okaaayyy...

Anyway, only time will tell who's better (but God forbid Karlsson gets injured again, because otherwise, even if Subban has an amazing career, it wouldn't be better than Karlsson's hypothetical injury-free career, right?).

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Maybe but if Tinordi plays like he did in the last couple of games he may hurt yours just as much
Wouldn't be surprised if those two would engage in a fight.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hullois

The word Karlsson should be banned from this thread. And from the habs board in general for that matter.

Old
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:

What?
Do we really want Mario to comment on goaltending in Montreal?

He's partly responsible for the 'dark years' during the 90's and beginning of 00's.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote