HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TB / MTL if Drouin still available @ 3

Old
04-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Why would any Habs fan suggest trading any of Price/Subban/Pacioretty for a draft pick? That is freakin' insane.

I can see the value of TB trading the pick for more immediate help though, especially on the back end, but I don't think Montreal has an expendable, quality, defenseman or prospect that fits the bill.

The closest pieces are guys like Emelin, Diaz, Tinordi, Beaulieu, and I don't think any combination of those guys is enough to entice TB to trade their #3 pick.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:06 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Yakupov and Galchenyuk are better then Drouin. I'm sorry but Drouin is getting overrated. He's an excellent player and will be an amazing nhler but....
I love Gally, but Drouin has a MUCH higher ceiling.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Leaf View Post
If I'm Tampa, I just draft Drouin/Mackinnon (whoever is available) and live with that.

No need to trade especially not for what was offered in this thread. This is not even close.
I think we will see this all the way until draft night. I guess it keeps things interesting.

Drouin2Stamkos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATaboutLOVE View Post
Would something around Pacioretty + picks (I'll let you decide which ones you want) + prospect of your choice for Drouin Work ?

We have picks:

27*
57*
87*
+ Lower rounds picks
Wow.

Just...**** me wow...

We lose a young power forward, our leading point producer who was on pace for a 74point season and a significant pick and a prospect to get another small forward. Thank everything I hold dear Bergevin is the GM and not Gainey or Habs fans.

Pacioretty + pick + prospects for Drouin. Just brutal. I wish people would understand that speaking french is not more of a need for our team than a forward with size and skill. Pacioretty for the 3rd overall alone would be a "no" from any GM with an ounce of brains. Do people even realize that Pacioretty has improved his production every single year he has played? Of course not.

Sorry for the long winded reply, just annoyed. Short answer from the Habs: "NO!!!"

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:20 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyJ View Post
Bealieau isn't good enough to turn down McKinnon or Drouin for a late round prospect.

I think for Tampa to move the pick, PK would have to be involved, and Montreal probably doesn't want to do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Galchenyuk + something small for TB #3.

Beyond that Montreal is not going to sniff #3 without giving up someone like Subban or Price.

I think that depends on what else TB would add to the pick....

Last edited by IceDaddy: 04-30-2013 at 10:31 AM.
IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:22 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I understand that Pac didn't have a great year but your team is small enough as it is. Adding in Drouin is not going to help the top 6.

almost a PPG is a bad year??

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Drydenwasthebest

When Subban wins the Norris, this year (or comes in 2nd behind Letang) I hope people will start to realize his value and stop offering weak packages or offers for him. Would the 3rd overall get you Letang, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Weber, Doughty, or Keith? No. Subban is in that category. 3rd overall for a Norris trophy candidate leading all defencemen in points. Some people...

Old
04-30-2013, 11:12 AM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
When Subban wins the Norris, this year (or comes in 2nd behind Letang) I hope people will start to realize his value and stop offering weak packages or offers for him. Would the 3rd overall get you Letang, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Weber, Doughty, or Keith? No. Subban is in that category. 3rd overall for a Norris trophy candidate leading all defencemen in points. Some people...
Repeated for clarity:

TB isn't offering anything. TB was offered a weak package for 3, rebuffed it, said it would take more and that somehow equals "TB keeps offering weak packages for Subban"

TB doesn't want to trade down from 3.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:32 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Excuse me but what?

Are you seriously saying that Galchenyuk is going to be more than an "excellent player?" Because really... that's overrating him a bit much.

Yakupov < Drouin
Murray < Jones
Galchenyuk < Mackinnon.

2012's top-3 was quite weak compared to 2011's and 2013's.
I am an Oilers fan . I also live in Halifax and watch the Moosehead games lots . Here is how i see it
Mackinnon will be better then Galchenyuk
Jones will be far better then Murray
Yakupov will be better the Drouin .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Calm down, I just skimmed this whole thread and the only person who mentioned subban in a deal was a toronto fan who obviously trolled you hard.

The lightning have no incentive to deal the pick unless they are getting a top pairing defenseman back, which I dont expect Montreal to part with

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
Repeated for clarity:

TB isn't offering anything. TB was offered a weak package for 3, rebuffed it, said it would take more and that somehow equals "TB keeps offering weak packages for Subban"

TB doesn't want to trade down from 3.
Please note I said "people", I did not specify Tampa fans. I have seen people on this thread, regardless of which team they cheer for, making the kind of offers that are weak and foolish, so I aimed my remarks towards those "people". If that includes some TB fan, so be it. If not, o be it. I was careful in my wording.

Tampa SHOULD use the pick to get an impact player they need. Of course, if they WERE offered Subban...well...

Old
04-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Please note I said "people", I did not specify Tampa fans. I have seen people on this thread, regardless of which team they cheer for, making the kind of offers that are weak and foolish, so I aimed my remarks towards those "people". If that includes some TB fan, so be it. If not, o be it. I was careful in my wording.

Tampa SHOULD use the pick to get an impact player they need. Of course, if they WERE offered Subban...well...
Yeah, that would be different. I just hope the next two months aren't full of BS trade proposals though. Flashbacks to the summer of 2011 for us Tampa fans...

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am an Oilers fan . I also live in Halifax and watch the Moosehead games lots . Here is how i see it
Mackinnon will be better then Galchenyuk
Jones will be far better then Murray
Yakupov will be better the Drouin .
Considering Galchenyuk may well be better than Yakupov, how does that affect your rankings? Being an Oiler fan didn't have anything to do with your ratings, did it?

None of us have crystal balls, and it can already be argued that Galchenyuk was as good as, or better than, Yakupov this season. I don't care about whether or not Drouin will be better than Galchenyuk, I care about having the right player on the right team at the right position. We need Galchenyuk far more than we need Drouin. As such, for us, Galchenyuk is greater than Drouin or Yakupov. Very simple equation based on needs rather than language or fanatsy hockey.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:42 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Subban would be the only thing I'd be interested in from MON as we need a #1, or #2 dman. I'd add to the 3rd overall for him too..

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Considering Galchenyuk may well be better than Yakupov, how does that affect your rankings? Being an Oiler fan didn't have anything to do with your ratings, did it?

None of us have crystal balls, and it can already be argued that Galchenyuk was as good as, or better than, Yakupov this season. I don't care about whether or not Drouin will be better than Galchenyuk, I care about having the right player on the right team at the right position. We need Galchenyuk far more than we need Drouin. As such, for us, Galchenyuk is greater than Drouin or Yakupov. Very simple equation based on needs rather than language or fanatsy hockey.
I must still be twelve, because that made me chuckle for some reason.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I must still be twelve, because that made me chuckle for some reason.
Lol. I didn't notice until you pointed it out. I will happily giggle like a twelve year old for the next 3 minutes and thank you for the opportunity to do so...

Old
04-30-2013, 01:39 PM
angry pirate

Subban or Paciorety + for the 3rd overall?????? If this trade were ever to happen, it would be Tampa adding to the 3rd overall not the other way around.

And since when are 1st round picks who are developping as expected considering quantity and not quality? I'm not saying Beaulieu (quality) , our 1st overall (quality), and an Emelin/Diaz (50/50) is all it takes, but it's a lot closer than most people in here are letting on.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Beaulieu isn't going to be playing ANY hockey from jail (wait, do Canadian jails have skating rinks? It seems like I wouldn't want to put razors on the feet of inmates, but you never know with you Canadians).

Old
04-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Subban would be the only thing I'd be interested in from MON as we need a #1, or #2 dman. I'd add to the 3rd overall for him too..
If Montreal was trading Subban this would be the type of trade that would make sense.

Pittsburgh traded Jordan Staal for the 8th overall plus Brandon Sutter last year and Subban would be worth a similar amount or maybe a bit more.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Habcentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Beaulieu isn't going to be playing ANY hockey from jail (wait, do Canadian jails have skating rinks? It seems like I wouldn't want to put razors on the feet of inmates, but you never know with you Canadians).
There are no prisons in Canada. We just put those convicted with the old people on the ice flows and push them towards the arctic circle

Habcentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:58 PM
CowbellConray

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Subban or Paciorety + for the 3rd overall?????? If this trade were ever to happen, it would be Tampa adding to the 3rd overall not the other way around.

And since when are 1st round picks who are developping as expected considering quantity and not quality? I'm not saying Beaulieu (quality) , our 1st overall (quality), and an Emelin/Diaz (50/50) is all it takes, but it's a lot closer than most people in here are letting on.
No it's not... A late first, Possible top 4 Dman and a #4/5 dman isn't close at all.

If you would want the 3rd overall pick... or in other words Galchenyuk, would you accept your deal? Or think it's close? Because I bet you wouldnt.

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
Except its not really that at all. Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin > Yakupov/Murray/Gally.
You realize only last year people were claiming Yakupov would be a 40-50 goal scorer, Murray had the Niedermayer model and Galchenyuk might end up better than Yakupov, yes? It's the epitome of "shiny new toy."

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
You realize only last year people were claiming Yakupov would be a 40-50 goal scorer, Murray had the Niedermayer model and Galchenyuk might end up better than Yakupov, yes? It's the epitome of "shiny new toy."
Bingo. I have watched this drouin kid during his time here, but seriously, I see him as another tanguay. I would still draft nate 1st.

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
Habs fans can't just bully and decide what players values are. It doesn't work that way. The Lightning will keep their pick, which looks like it will be a potential franchise forward.

Yzlamic Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:59 PM
jameswrjobe53

vCash: 492
Bealieau was arrested. Not happening

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote