HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
04-30-2013, 04:10 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Hahaha oh my god it never ends.

Just kidding, it does. Sens fans can take their pro-Karlsson posts to the playoffs board, starting now. No one here is interested in debate this insanity with you guys in this thread as well.
Thank god.

The Sens are my most disliked team in the NHL and I hate having to watch their games TBH. I'd probably vomit if I had to constantly keep reading about how great Karlsson is on this board from Sens fans for the next 2 weeks or so.

Last edited by sheed36: 04-30-2013 at 04:19 PM.
sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Adriatic

The only question mark for the Habs is Price. We know what we can get from our offense and we know how are defense is. But Price is still a crap shoot. When everybody is healthy and pushing in the same direction Habs can give anybody a good fight, however this team is very fragile and they cant really make-up for major blunders. We are not so strong offensively that we can make-up for bad defending or bad goaltending and we are not a defensive force that we can shut teams down for long periods. So everybody has to give the same effort. So if Price is solid we have a really good shot a winning this, but if he is not great or just average this series is gonna over quickly...or maybe Budaj will have his word? I'm just not sure which Price will show up!

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Is it possible to not have this ****ing debate about Karlsson ? The series hasn't even started yet and this is annoying as ****.

If I ask how do you dunk your cookie will it turn into a "Karlsson could dunk it more times than Subban could"

Well, Subban could spill less milk

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:13 PM
habtastic

The more I keep hearing about all the predictions (and I've been avoiding the shows and websites, they're just everywhere this time of year), I'm glad that everyone has the Habs in the same position they did at the start of the year. Time for us to rain on the parade...and then have one.

GO HABS GO!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Subban exists, and plays well. He is likely doing so well because of Markov on the PP. It is no coincidence that Subban was no where near this good offensively with Markov injured all last season. Karlsson is the producer of the majority of Ottawa's offense, was last season and it can be seen in the first 13 games of this season, as well as his last 4. Karlsson is a better skater, faster on the transition, a better passer... not as physical, but definitely as good defensively.

Subban in the running for Norris? Because Karlsson was injured.
Karlsson has no measurable impact on his team's ability to prevent shots or goals against. He simply does not have the defensive effectiveness claimed by his supporters.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is it possible to not have this ****ing debate about Karlsson ? The series hasn't even started yet and this is annoying as ****.

If I ask how do you dunk your cookie will it turn into a "Karlsson could dunk it more times than Subban could"

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:31 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Roids would actually make the tendon more likely to rip again. There's a scientific breakdown behind that here, if you're interested.

04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
The only question mark for the Habs is Price. We know what we can get from our offense and we know how are defense is. But Price is still a crap shoot. When everybody is healthy and pushing in the same direction Habs can give anybody a good fight, however this team is very fragile and they cant really make-up for major blunders. We are not so strong offensively that we can make-up for bad defending or bad goaltending and we are not a defensive force that we can shut teams down for long periods. So everybody has to give the same effort. So if Price is solid we have a really good shot a winning this, but if he is not great or just average this series is gonna over quickly...or maybe Budaj will have his word? I'm just not sure which Price will show up!
WOW! Sounds like something I would write. I have been telling people all day that the Habs when playing the way they played all year can beat the Senators AS LONG as they get quality goaltending. This is where the series will be decided. If Price plays great and we lose, I will be disappointed but able to live with it. If he chokes like he did in the last two weeks, I honestly don't see him surviving in Montreal, he will be crucified by the fans and media.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:56 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

The Sens have to be the most irrelevant fanbase to be so cocky and obnoxious in all history of professional sports.

This is the thing that really bugs me with them. They're irrelevant and just don't want to accept that fact. Let the rivalries for the big boys. You guys are not worthy of even having a real one.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
The Sens have to be the most irrelevant fanbase to be so cocky and obnoxious in all history of professional sports.

This is the thing that really bugs me with them. They're irrelevant and just don't want to accept that fact. Let the rivalries for the big boys. You guys are not worthy of even having a real one.
Yes they can be a bit cocky, but so are some of our guys.

I don't see how they are more obnoxious than Leafs fans in general.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Lshap

Quote:

I hate to be 'that guy', but the truth is that Karlsson has put up MUCH better dunking stats. His saturation % was .922 compared to Subban's .894%. And let's be honest - Subban drops crumbs at least once a meal. Hogs the chocolate chips and then half the cookie ends up on his lap. Potential? Sure. But don't get me started on his ****** triglycerides.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:08 PM
roy munson

Quote:
Subban exists, and plays well. He is likely doing so well because of Markov on the PP. It is no coincidence that Subban was no where near this good offensively with Markov injured all last season. Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson...

Subban in the running for Norris? Because Karlsson was injured.
I'm sick of reading that. If anything, my opinion is that Subban made Markov look brilliant at times. Before this season, Markov had to find the perfect spot to pass the puck. This year he almost just have to find Subban. And last season he wasn't "no where good offensively", he wasn't as good as this year.

Quote:
...Subban in the running for Norris? Because Karlsson was injured.
I don't think it's a matter of true or not, because we'll never know. But this is one of the most obnoxious comment I've ever read here. And I've seen the Bruins board.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:13 PM
No Style Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I hate to be 'that guy', but the truth is that Karlsson has put up MUCH better dunking stats. His saturation % was .922 compared to Subban's .894%. And let's be honest - Subban drops crumbs at least once a meal. Hogs the chocolate chips and then half the cookie ends up on his lap. Potential? Sure. But don't get me started on his ****** triglycerides.
hahahahahahaha you guys I bow before thee.

No Style Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
WOW! Sounds like something I would write. I have been telling people all day that the Habs when playing the way they played all year can beat the Senators AS LONG as they get quality goaltending. This is where the series will be decided. If Price plays great and we lose, I will be disappointed but able to live with it. If he chokes like he did in the last two weeks, I honestly don't see him surviving in Montreal, he will be crucified by the fans and media.
I understand the anxiety over Price, given his recent lousy games. I have no explanation for that. But unless something else is going on, Price is not failing once the playoffs begin. Take a breath and get ready to enjoy some solid to outright great goaltending from him. All the Habs naysayers are concerned about one thing only: Price. How ironic that he's become the single biggest reason the Habs are picked to LOSE.

Which leads me to a change of prediction: This will not be a long series. No disrespect to Ottawa - a genuinely good team - but the more I think of it, the more it seems like the Habs will dominate. Our roster is built to erode their defence, one forward line at a time. Our defence seems to be regaining its tight system with Diaz shaping up and Tinordi learning the ropes, and will minimize their chances while transitioning to our forwards again and again. We won't shut them out, but I predict the Habs will net three or four goals per game, which will be enough to finish this series in five with Price back in form.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Crystal Met

watchin Rds right now, Paul Mclean really looks like a crazy person
wtf is up with Prust shaving his beard

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Percy LeSueur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post

Get off your high horse.

Percy LeSueur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
It's the playoffs. You start from scratch.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Yes they can be a bit cocky, but so are some of our guys.

I don't see how they are more obnoxious than Leafs fans in general.
Go read the main board dude.

I swear the series isn't even started and I wanna Falcon Punch Ottawa off the ****ing map. It's not just cockiness, it's the fact that they ****ing know it all, there is no argument to be had, ever.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy LeSueur View Post
Get off your high horse.
Get off our board.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:38 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
Given how quickly it grows, I think he want to start from zero and end up with a decent one by game 6 when we eliminate them. He has the potential to go half-Zanon.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:42 PM
pine

vCash: 50
#karlssonsucks

That will be all.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:45 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Go read the main board dude.

I swear the series isn't even started and I wanna Falcon Punch Ottawa off the ****ing map. It's not just cockiness, it's the fact that they ****ing know it all, there is no argument to be had, ever.
As much as people say there's no rivalry, I don't think "Ottawa fans are so annoying" is a phrase that hasn't been used often.

I imagine Anderson steals two games for them, so in 6, then they can shut it.

With the condensed season, anyone know when the ECF might begin? SCF? *anti-jinx*
Trying to plan holidays.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:

That's because there is just not much to say until the puck drops...

It's all speculation and babble until then.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:30 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy LeSueur View Post
Get off your high horse.
you are on the wrong board...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Andy

my favorite was sens fans defending Anderson's 940% and his ability to maintain it while at the same time saying that Subban's shooting % was unsustainable.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote