HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

BOLD moves for the Oilers

Old
04-30-2013, 02:22 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Too much crap going on in these deals.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Want Eberle but not at the price of Cowen. I can see Ottawa sending prospects and picks out way before trading a roster player that isn't a direct upgrade. By that I mean packaging a current young forward for a better proven forward. With Gonchar coming off the books, management is very unlikely to move anyone on defense.

Altimus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Pekka Rinne

Would do the first deal without hesitation. We give up a good pick, a fragile top 6 player, and garbage for Lucic and other nice role players.

The second one however I do not even touch, Petry is getting severely underrated in this proposal. We give up a top line winger and our ice time leader who still has room to grow for a player who MIGHT be a top pairing(but still unproven and injured all season) defenceman and a 3rd/4th line center. No thanks.

Last edited by Pekka Rinne: 04-30-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:04 PM
supert

I am an Oiler fan so do not take this wrong . The way this team has been ran a bold move is drafting 7th rather then 1st

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:33 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
Yeah sure it's not like your offence was the 3rd worst in the league and your defense the 2nd best in the NHL . You guys should trade for another shutdown defensemen !
Sens are still rebuilding. Depth-wise they have plenty of wingers and very few defensemen.

Conacher
Silfverberg
Stone
Puempel
Prince
Hoffman
Noesen

While they won't all be as good as Eberle, it is not unreasonable to think that 1 or 2 of them may come close. No need to trade away core parts for Eberle. Picks and near-ready propects yes - but not core pieces.

Add that to the fact that both Phillips and Gonchar will be gone by June 2014 and there is a bigger need in Ottawa for D than there is for wingers.

Plus - considering the players Ottawa was missing this year and the fact that they were one of the higher scoring teams last year when they had everyone playing, I don't think the lack of scoring would be a concern for the GM.

If you are looking for someone to fill the 3/4 centre spot (the OP mentioned Zack Smith) there may be something that could be worked out for Jim O'Brien.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
Sens are still rebuilding. Depth-wise they have plenty of wingers and very few defensemen.

Conacher
Silfverberg
Stone
Puempel
Prince
Hoffman
Noesen

While they won't all be as good as Eberle, it is not unreasonable to think that 1 or 2 of them may come close. No need to trade away core parts for Eberle. Picks and near-ready propects yes - but not core pieces.

Add that to the fact that both Phillips and Gonchar will be gone by June 2014 and there is a bigger need in Ottawa for D than there is for wingers.

Plus - considering the players Ottawa was missing this year and the fact that they were one of the higher scoring teams last year when they had everyone playing, I don't think the lack of scoring would be a concern for the GM.

If you are looking for someone to fill the 3/4 centre spot (the OP mentioned Zack Smith) there may be something that could be worked out for Jim O'Brien.
Understandable where you're coming from but it's going to take core piece(s) to get a player like Jordan Eberle.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am an Oiler fan so do not take this wrong . The way this team has been ran a bold move is drafting 7th rather then 1st
Will they be able to handle it?????

picking #1 everything was spoonfed to you...now picking at #7 you have to try and decide which one is worth picking there.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:12 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post

picking #1 everything was spoonfed to you...now picking at #7 you have to try and decide which one is worth picking there.
I agree, but I wouldn't say picking #1 was necessarily easy, when everyone is screaming at you to pick Seguin, Landeskog, Murray. I still believe Tambellini didn't want to pick Yakupov.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:38 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
The deal with Boston Edmonton does for sure, but no way Eberle gets traded away for that package.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:07 PM
RebuildTheRebuild

vCash: 200
I think there is too much happening in that first trade with Boston. It would be more like Hemsky and their 1st for Lucic. Except I am not sure if they would want a guy like Hemmer since he is always injured. I can see maybe MPS and 1st for Lucic. I think they would like MPS more than Hemmer. Lucic will be very hard to get I would think and if he has a good playoffs I think Boston would never consider trading him then.

As for the Ottawa trade I cannot see either side wanting to do this deal at all.

RebuildTheRebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:29 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

that Boston trade is just horrible for the B's

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

The teams that have the type players you want, they have these players because they prefer them to the kind of players Edmonton has. So it's doubtful you can use your players with the trade value you have in mind.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
The teams that have the type players you want, they have these players because they prefer them to the kind of players Edmonton has. So it's doubtful you can use your players with the trade value you have in mind.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Yeah sure it's not like your offence was the 3rd worst in the league and your defense the 2nd best in the NHL . You guys should trade for another shutdown defensemen !
A very intelligent and well thought out post. Bravo, sir.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:54 PM
dan1el

Quote:
That same offence was also missing two top ten scorers for 85% of the season.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 06:02 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post

Well, we could have picked Tyler instead of Taylor, and Landeskog instead of Nuge. Nothing spoonfed in those decisions, brah. According to a lot of scouts, there is a drop off after number 8, so its still likely down to two players, ha ha.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:46 PM
oilers84

to tb
hemsky
7th overall
3rd round

to edm
3rd overall

to bos
mps
1st 2014
rajala
rights to whitney

to edm
lucic

to phx
lander
harti

to edm
samuelsson

to nyi
gags

to edm
nino
1st 2013

to wpg
smid
belanger

to edm
bogo

to pits
roy
hamilton

to edm
vokoun

draft barkov
darft lazar
draft jarry
draft morin

sign stalberg

next years lines

lucic rnh ebs
hall barkov yak
nino horcs stalberg
smyth ??? brown

bogo j schutlz
n schultz kelfbom
petry fistric

dubs
vokoun

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Predatorbill

vCash: 77
Some how you have got to have your offense and your defense plus goal tending on the same page. It is a difficult balance. Oilers have enough young offense they need more D plus maybe a world class goaltender.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 02:19 AM
rockinghockey

Too many players involved. Cowen is not worth that much. Smith is just a 3rd line player. Eberle is a lot better than Cowen plus the get a legit 2nd pairing dman in Petry please.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 06:49 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
to tb
hemsky
7th overall
3rd round

to edm
3rd overall

to bos
mps
1st 2014
rajala
rights to whitney

to edm
lucic

to phx
lander
harti

to edm
samuelsson

to nyi
gags

to edm
nino
1st 2013

to wpg
smid
belanger

to edm
bogo

to pits
roy
hamilton

to edm
vokoun

draft barkov
darft lazar
draft jarry
draft morin

sign stalberg

next years lines

lucic rnh ebs
hall barkov yak
nino horcs stalberg
smyth ??? brown

bogo j schutlz
n schultz kelfbom
petry fistric

dubs
vokoun
The bold deals are flat out awful.

You want Lucic one of the big 4 is coming back plain and simple. Boston isn't trading one of the most intimidating and best power forwards in the league for a struggling prospect, a dime a dozen prospect, a 1st and a defensemen no one is banging down the doors to get the rights to.

These Looch proposals have to stop. It's not happening and if it did it certainly wouldn't be cheap.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:30 AM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
So Boston trades away a 24 year old powerforward for a 29 year old player who had a whopping 2 more goals than him this year and a 1 million cap saving so that the B's can resign a 41 year old Jagr? The 1st round picks are nice but the idea is for Boston to compete for a cup while Big Z still has some gas in the tank. This deal addresses 0.0 of Boston's needs while neutering the top-6 and trading one of our utility players in Pevs away as well. Boston has no need for Belanger and Eager so this deal could basically boil down to:

Lucic + Pevs

for

Hemsky + 2013 1st

Lucic put up 27 pts in 46 games and Hemsky who surprise surprise is injured again put up 2 more goals and 7 less points in 8 less games. Really don't see how the value of this deal shakes out.

There isn't enough mouthwash, gum or whiskey to kill the awful taste that trade leaves in my mouth.

I appreciate the work you put into your proposals and the time it must have taken you to write all of that but that deal is awful. Boston needs far more substance.
Lucic had an off year but there's plenty of flukey stats in a 48 game season. You don't trade a PWF in his mid 20's who has 60 point seasons under his belt for an oft injured, older, 2nd line winger.

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:39 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Zack Smith
Jared Cowan

for

Jordon Eberle
Jeff Petry
This deal is so wrong. Why would you dump Eberle to clear cap? Gagner or Belanger are more likely.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:16 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Lucic had an off year but there's plenty of flukey stats in a 48 game season. You don't trade a PWF in his mid 20's who has 60 point seasons under his belt for an oft injured, older, 2nd line winger.
Dunno why you quoted me. You pretty much paraphrased exactly what I wrote.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:34 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am not an Oiler fan, but agree with you completely. Very little here in the way of "bold" moves by the Oiler fans and very much in the way of trash for treasure proposals.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:44 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
The bold deals are flat out awful.

You want Lucic one of the big 4 is coming back plain and simple. Boston isn't trading one of the most intimidating and best power forwards in the league for a struggling prospect, a dime a dozen prospect, a 1st and a defensemen no one is banging down the doors to get the rights to.

These Looch proposals have to stop. It's not happening and if it did it certainly wouldn't be cheap.
First of all, I agree that the Lucic discussion is pretty dumb. But the whole "struggling prospect" and "dime a dozen prospect" statements are equally as dumb. Pajaarvi is not struggling, he had a bounce back season after a horrible sophomore slump. Rajala has had a break out year, and has been amazing in the AHL this season. He's likely no future superstar, but to run down players who are having good seasons makes you look like a fool and makes people ignore your opinion.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote