HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TB / MTL if Drouin still available @ 3

Old
04-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless View Post
Habs fans can't just bully and decide what players values are. It doesn't work that way. The Lightning will keep their pick, which looks like it will be a potential franchise forward.
Habs fans are not "bullying" anyone. An offer was made, Tampa fans have refused it. Other offers have been brought up, and Montreal has refused them. No bullying, just disagreement. In all honesty, I want Tampa to keep the pick as I would rather not give up the assets it would require to get it. Drouin is the wrong type of player for our team as we have enough small skilled guys and need bigger power forward types. A top 6 with 3 small skilled guys will have more difficulty in the NHL than one with 4 big guys who are capable and two skilled guys to put the puck in the net. It is why Montreal would have taken Galchenyuk over Yakupov even if they had a higher pick and a choice. Look at the Oilers, a very small, skilled top 6. How is that working out for them? The Oilers will be looking to add size to their top 6. That is what we need to find, a big guy like Pacioretty or Evander Kane to complement our other guys in the top 6.

So, no "bullying" is going on, just simple discussions and disagreements.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless View Post
Habs fans can't just bully and decide what players values are. It doesn't work that way. The Lightning will keep their pick, which looks like it will be a potential franchise forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswrjobe53 View Post
Bealieau was arrested. Not happening
Oh, yah? If you dont agree, we'll send our giant goon Beaulieu to take your lunch money

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Oh, yah? If you dont agree, we'll send our giant goon Beaulieu to take your lunch money
lol, entertainment quota for this thread has been met

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

vCash: 50
Can't trade into the top 3 from the 25th+

Gotta work that floor.

Find a team in the 5-10 range that wants surplus and go from there.

Sterling31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:36 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I am an Oilers fan . I also live in Halifax and watch the Moosehead games lots . Here is how i see it
Mackinnon will be better then Galchenyuk
Jones will be far better then Murray
Yakupov will be better the Drouin .
I am a Habs fan & own lower bowl season tickets to the Halifax MooseHeads.
Here is how i see it:
Mackinnon will be a very good NHL player and will/does play great with Huberdeau -- Galchenyuk never played against Mac and we did not get a chance to see him as a jr. in Halifax, however he has looked very good with the Habs this year despite playing limited minutes.
Jones did play in Halifax at the prospects game and he looked awesome!!!! would love to have him on my team! Murray never played jr. in Halifax but I did see him as a jr. and he is nowhere near as talented as Jones.
Yakupov never played against Drouin and we did not get a chance to see him as a jr. in Halifax but he has made great strides this year with the Oilers and is already a solid NHL player. Drouin might have the quickest hands I've ever seen on a jr. age player he will be a very good NHL'r and watch out if he plays with Stamkos

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:44 PM
BJCOLLINS

IMHO, Tampa will keep the pick....the Habs would have to give up too much to get the pick. Tampa is in a great position & able to entertain crazy offers.

The Habs have lots to look forward to in this draft without moving anyone.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
lol, entertainment quota for this thread has been met
You're welcome

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Long Sky

Trading for #3

The proposal is 2 firsts , 2seconds and a defence man, what guarantee is there that #3 will end up being a star? Five assets for someone who could end up being a Daigle, or Stefan. I think you keep your picks and hope #26 is as good as #3, it could happen.

Long Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:20 PM
4Beliveau

Subban is the only one who could get it done. What would that leave the Habs with?

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Drouin
Bourque-Desharnais-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen

Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Gorges
Beaulieu-Dias

Pretty big hole there but you get that dynamic presence up front and if Tinordi and Beaulieu keep on the path it's possible you're ok. But that's putting a lot on young guys. Probably delays the team's progress by a few years in what you give up in Subban. Not to mention by the time Tinordi and Beaulieu are hitting their stride you'll need a new Markov, maybe Gorges as well. Maybe that's some combination of Ellis, Pateryn, Thrower, Dietz, or maybe all of those guys don't develop into capable NHL d men.

Anyway, I don't think I'd do it but he's the kind of guy you'd want to get if you did.

4Beliveau is offline   Reply With Quote