HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

ECQF G1: (4)Boston Bruins v (5)Toronto Maple Leafs - 5/1/13 7P ET - NESN CNBC CBC RDS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2013, 06:27 PM
  #26
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,734
vCash: 500
Julien said today that neither the lineup nor the lines have been decided.

Is it too much to ask for people to wait until they know who's playing, and with whom, before they

Artemis is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:29 PM
  #27
RussellmaniaKW
Registered User
 
RussellmaniaKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Julien said today that neither the lineup nor the lines have been decided.

Is it too much to ask for people to wait until they know who's playing, and with whom, before they
Is it surprising that many of us are frustrated with him. He has quite a few combos that seem like no-brainers that he has actively avoided all season. Certain aspects of his lineup should have been decided weeks ago. that even he's not sure what his lineup will look like for game 1 is the reason people are all

RussellmaniaKW is online now  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
  #28
since76
Registered User
 
since76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Julien said today that neither the lineup nor the lines have been decided.

Is it too much to ask for people to wait until they know who's playing, and with whom, before they
clode is a LIAR !!!!!
like when he said , Dougie was not in lineup to give him REST
LIAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we all know his lines will be silly and he will not change ANYTHING
Jagr will play with 2 AHL players
thornton line will be on ice when bruins will need a goal
and soderberg will probably give his place to a another clode favorite=a 3 goals years 4th line players
YEs bruins can win, if RASK dont give more than 1-2 goals a game

since76 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:42 PM
  #29
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Is it surprising that many of us are frustrated with him. He has quite a few combos that seem like no-brainers that he has actively avoided all season. Certain aspects of his lineup should have been decided weeks ago. that even he's not sure what his lineup will look like for game 1 is the reason people are all
Seem like no-brainers? Weeks ago?

They didn't know who they were playing until Sunday night. Players get hurt, players get hot/cold, chemistry is forged or dissipates, on BOTH teams, and you have to take that all into consideration. If you think preparing a team for the playoffs is a no-brainer, all I can do is scratch my head.

Artemis is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:42 PM
  #30
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,350
vCash: 500
The Game is on CBC not TSN in Canada.

Neely2005 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:46 PM
  #31
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,741
vCash: 500
Why make it hurt more that Dougie isn't playing...

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:57 PM
  #32
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,928
vCash: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
The Game is on CBC not TSN in Canada.
Frickin' Canadians with their TV channels.



I kid. Thank you. So still on RDS though, I assume.

__________________
Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing. - Ron Swanson
Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:08 PM
  #33
LyndonByers
Registered User
 
LyndonByers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Not sure if Claude has any surprises up his sleeve but I simply don't understand his unwillingness to play Jagr with Krejci to this point. Especially for a team that has had trouble scoring and generating offense. Put your skilled guys with your skilled guys and it just may work.

I highly doubt when Chia acquired Jagr he expected Jagr to be playing with Chris Kelly & Kaspars Daugavins. Daugavins was good last game so I have no issue with him being in the lineup but Jagr should be with Krejci. I also don't understand Thornton being in the lineup over Soderberg or Peverly. Put more skill in the lineup. Soderberg is a big body with skill who appears willing to drive to the net.

As for the D, I realize Hamilton has struggled defensively at times this year but the guy has skill and can move the puck which is an aspect the team has struggled with lately. He also has the ability to at least hit the net on the PP which appears to be a struggle for the rest of the Dman & most fwds (Seguin & Peverley etc.). But I guess in Claudes eyes Redden is safer.

Claude is extremely conservative in his coaching but his decisions/stubborness this season should definitely have him on the hotseat if we see another early exit.


Last edited by LyndonByers: 04-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.
LyndonByers is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
  #34
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
Not sure if Claude has any surprises up his sleeve but I simply don't understand his unwillingness to play Jagr with Krejci to this point. Especially for a team that has had trouble scoring and generating offense. Put your skilled guys with your skilled guys and it just may work.

I highly doubt when Chia acquired Jagr he expected Jagr to be playing with Chris Kelly & Kaspars Daugavins. Daugavins was good last game so I have no issue with him being in the lineup but Jagr should be with Krejci. I also don't understand Thornton being in the lineup over Soderberg or Peverly. Put more skill in the lineup. Soderberg is a big body with skill who appears willing to drive to the net.

As for the D, I realize Hamilton has struggled defensively at times this year but the guy has skill and can move the puck which is an aspect the team has struggled with lately. He also has the ability to at least hit the net on the PP which appears to be a struggle for the rest of the Dman. But I guess in Claudes eyes Redden is safer.

Claude is extremely conservative in his coaching but his decisions/stubborness this season should definitely have him on the hotseat if we see another early exit.
agree with this

all of the games over the last stretch were close, so a scoring line only needs to click a couple of times in a night for a loss to have gone the other way and be a win

spreading things thin and only scoring 1 or 2 goals a game is nuts

westernhome is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:13 PM
  #35
brom7
Registered User
 
brom7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 500
Great job with the GDT as always my friend!

Regardless of the lineup, regardless of their lineup.. All we need is 16 wins, so here's to the first one!!

's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brom7 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
  #36
pgm16
Registered User
 
pgm16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St. John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,040
vCash: 500
Just put the puck in their net more than they do to ours........& leave a few bruises along the way !!!!

pgm16 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
  #37
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 18,240
vCash: 500
i don't know why everyone wants krejci and jagr to play together. they're the same player, aren't they?

robert terwilliger is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:25 PM
  #38
InfernoOrangeSS
Registered User
 
InfernoOrangeSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 597
vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoOrangeSS View Post
Get back on track and win game one! Lucic scores tonight by the way.
My bad. I don't know why I thought they were playing tonight.

Game one Lucic scores a goal, though.

InfernoOrangeSS is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:33 PM
  #39
Bad Hat Harry
Registered User
 
Bad Hat Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Julien said today that neither the lineup nor the lines have been decided.

Is it too much to ask for people to wait until they know who's playing, and with whom, before they
To put it simply, yes.

Clearly, yes.

Bad Hat Harry is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:38 PM
  #40
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,589
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Seem like no-brainers? Weeks ago?

They didn't know who they were playing until Sunday night. Players get hurt, players get hot/cold, chemistry is forged or dissipates, on BOTH teams, and you have to take that all into consideration. If you think preparing a team for the playoffs is a no-brainer, all I can do is scratch my head.
17 guys on this team have won the Cup. What does he have to prepare them for? A first round?

WBC8 is online now  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:39 PM
  #41
Bad Hat Harry
Registered User
 
Bad Hat Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
Not sure if Claude has any surprises up his sleeve but I simply don't understand his unwillingness to play Jagr with Krejci to this point. Especially for a team that has had trouble scoring and generating offense. Put your skilled guys with your skilled guys and it just may work.

I highly doubt when Chia acquired Jagr he expected Jagr to be playing with Chris Kelly & Kaspars Daugavins. Daugavins was good last game so I have no issue with him being in the lineup but Jagr should be with Krejci. I also don't understand Thornton being in the lineup over Soderberg or Peverly. Put more skill in the lineup. Soderberg is a big body with skill who appears willing to drive to the net.

As for the D, I realize Hamilton has struggled defensively at times this year but the guy has skill and can move the puck which is an aspect the team has struggled with lately. He also has the ability to at least hit the net on the PP which appears to be a struggle for the rest of the Dman & most fwds (Seguin & Peverley etc.). But I guess in Claudes eyes Redden is safer.

Claude is extremely conservative in his coaching but his decisions/stubborness this season should definitely have him on the hotseat if we see another early exit.
This is more of a general question but how much leeway do you think Clode is given with this team?

At what point does Chia step in and say "********** put the two best playmakers together for a game and see what happens"?

Or is a head coach pretty much immune from any scrutiny and direction by a GM?

Bad Hat Harry is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  #42
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,589
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
Not sure if Claude has any surprises up his sleeve but I simply don't understand his unwillingness to play Jagr with Krejci to this point. Especially for a team that has had trouble scoring and generating offense. Put your skilled guys with your skilled guys and it just may work.

I highly doubt when Chia acquired Jagr he expected Jagr to be playing with Chris Kelly & Kaspars Daugavins. Daugavins was good last game so I have no issue with him being in the lineup but Jagr should be with Krejci. I also don't understand Thornton being in the lineup over Soderberg or Peverly. Put more skill in the lineup. Soderberg is a big body with skill who appears willing to drive to the net.

As for the D, I realize Hamilton has struggled defensively at times this year but the guy has skill and can move the puck which is an aspect the team has struggled with lately. He also has the ability to at least hit the net on the PP which appears to be a struggle for the rest of the Dman & most fwds (Seguin & Peverley etc.). But I guess in Claudes eyes Redden is safer.

Claude is extremely conservative in his coaching but his decisions/stubborness this season should definitely have him on the hotseat if we see another early exit.
What kind of coach would get scoring back in Horton--then scratch a Proven playoff performer in Peverley for a 14th forward waiver wire guy? On the third line....to play with first liner on every other single team he has ever played Jaromir Jagr?

The roll four lines and hope your goalie puts up a .945 save percentage is getting old.

Claude didn't become an idiot over night. He will do the right thing.

WBC8 is online now  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:53 PM
  #43
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,928
vCash: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Julien said today that neither the lineup nor the lines have been decided.

Is it too much to ask for people to wait until they know who's playing, and with whom, before they
No. Angsters gotta angst.

Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:54 PM
  #44
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,743
vCash: 500
Julien just needs to try putting out the best team possible; that team includes Peverley and Soderberg, and perhaps includes "Dogman" over Thornton which I'd be fine with except he might play because it is the Leafs.


KHL MBS should be in the top 6 I think, with a 3rd line of Jagr, Kelly/Peverley, and Soderberg. 4th line of Kelly/Peverley, Paille, Campbell. Maybe get Dogman in there.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:55 PM
  #45
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,928
vCash: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by brom7 View Post
Great job with the GDT as always my friend!

Regardless of the lineup, regardless of their lineup.. All we need is 16 wins, so here's to the first one!!

's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, and also to others.

It's going up in the main board Playoff forum at some point. Had to add a little extra flavor.

Clean slate starts tomorrow night.

Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 07:57 PM
  #46
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,376
vCash: 500
Go 's!! Beat them leaves.

Huge game manana. all the pressure is on the home team in game 1 of a 7 game series. Basically a throwaway game for the leafs.

To all those in attendance, nothing you don't already know but...get on Rick Kessel early and often. I've never seen a pro athlete get as flustered by a crowd reaction as this kid. Lets pull an Esa Tikkanen (sp?) on this kid and turn him into a Craig Janney for this series.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 08:00 PM
  #47
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hat Harry View Post
This is more of a general question but how much leeway do you think Clode is given with this team?

At what point does Chia step in and say "********** put the two best playmakers together for a game and see what happens"?

Or is a head coach pretty much immune from any scrutiny and direction by a GM?
Aw, no. Chiarelli is Julien's boss and what he says goes.

Here's the thing: Chia trusts Julien and probably wouldn't intervene unless it was unjustifiable decision-making.

Jagr with a couple of fourth-liners? Um... To be honest, I HATE it. And that's getting pretty damn close to inexcusable. I'll wait to see how it shakes down though before I lose my **** about it, however.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 08:06 PM
  #48
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Aw, no. Chiarelli is Julien's boss and what he says goes.

Here's the thing: Chia trusts Julien and probably wouldn't intervene unless it was unjustifiable decision-making.

Jagr with a couple of fourth-liners? Um... To be honest, I HATE it. And that's getting pretty damn close to inexcusable. I'll wait to see how it shakes down though before I lose my **** about it, however.
I think Chris Kelly gets a hell of a lot more respect from teammates and opponents than he does from fans. Just sayin.

Artemis is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 08:06 PM
  #49
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Frickin' Canadians with their TV channels.



I kid. Thank you. So still on RDS though, I assume.


Yes it's still on RDS too.

Neely2005 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 08:09 PM
  #50
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I think Chris Kelly gets a hell of a lot more respect from teammates and opponents than he does from fans. Just sayin.
he's been a beast since he came back from injury. he knows the OT goal sat night was on him and will come back stronger than ever to redeem himself.

Pie O My is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.