HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

ECQF G1: (4)Boston Bruins v (5)Toronto Maple Leafs - 5/1/13 7P ET - NESN CNBC CBC RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Julien said today that neither the lineup nor the lines have been decided.

Is it too much to ask for people to wait until they know who's playing, and with whom, before they

Old
04-30-2013, 06:29 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Is it too much to ask for people to wait until they know who's playing, and with whom, before they
Is it surprising that many of us are frustrated with him. He has quite a few combos that seem like no-brainers that he has actively avoided all season. Certain aspects of his lineup should have been decided weeks ago. that even he's not sure what his lineup will look like for game 1 is the reason people are all

Old
04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
since76

Quote:

clode is a LIAR !!!!!
like when he said , Dougie was not in lineup to give him REST
LIAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we all know his lines will be silly and he will not change ANYTHING
Jagr will play with 2 AHL players
thornton line will be on ice when bruins will need a goal
and soderberg will probably give his place to a another clode favorite=a 3 goals years 4th line players
YEs bruins can win, if RASK dont give more than 1-2 goals a game

Old
04-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Is it surprising that many of us are frustrated with him. He has quite a few combos that seem like no-brainers that he has actively avoided all season. Certain aspects of his lineup should have been decided weeks ago. that even he's not sure what his lineup will look like for game 1 is the reason people are all
Seem like no-brainers? Weeks ago?

They didn't know who they were playing until Sunday night. Players get hurt, players get hot/cold, chemistry is forged or dissipates, on BOTH teams, and you have to take that all into consideration. If you think preparing a team for the playoffs is a no-brainer, all I can do is scratch my head.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

The Game is on CBC not TSN in Canada.

Old
04-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Why make it hurt more that Dougie isn't playing...

Old
04-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
The Game is on CBC not TSN in Canada.
Frickin' Canadians with their TV channels.

I kid. Thank you. So still on RDS though, I assume.

04-30-2013, 07:08 PM
LyndonByers

Not sure if Claude has any surprises up his sleeve but I simply don't understand his unwillingness to play Jagr with Krejci to this point. Especially for a team that has had trouble scoring and generating offense. Put your skilled guys with your skilled guys and it just may work.

I highly doubt when Chia acquired Jagr he expected Jagr to be playing with Chris Kelly & Kaspars Daugavins. Daugavins was good last game so I have no issue with him being in the lineup but Jagr should be with Krejci. I also don't understand Thornton being in the lineup over Soderberg or Peverly. Put more skill in the lineup. Soderberg is a big body with skill who appears willing to drive to the net.

As for the D, I realize Hamilton has struggled defensively at times this year but the guy has skill and can move the puck which is an aspect the team has struggled with lately. He also has the ability to at least hit the net on the PP which appears to be a struggle for the rest of the Dman & most fwds (Seguin & Peverley etc.). But I guess in Claudes eyes Redden is safer.

Claude is extremely conservative in his coaching but his decisions/stubborness this season should definitely have him on the hotseat if we see another early exit.

Last edited by LyndonByers: 04-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old
04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
Not sure if Claude has any surprises up his sleeve but I simply don't understand his unwillingness to play Jagr with Krejci to this point. Especially for a team that has had trouble scoring and generating offense. Put your skilled guys with your skilled guys and it just may work.

I highly doubt when Chia acquired Jagr he expected Jagr to be playing with Chris Kelly & Kaspars Daugavins. Daugavins was good last game so I have no issue with him being in the lineup but Jagr should be with Krejci. I also don't understand Thornton being in the lineup over Soderberg or Peverly. Put more skill in the lineup. Soderberg is a big body with skill who appears willing to drive to the net.

As for the D, I realize Hamilton has struggled defensively at times this year but the guy has skill and can move the puck which is an aspect the team has struggled with lately. He also has the ability to at least hit the net on the PP which appears to be a struggle for the rest of the Dman. But I guess in Claudes eyes Redden is safer.

Claude is extremely conservative in his coaching but his decisions/stubborness this season should definitely have him on the hotseat if we see another early exit.
agree with this

all of the games over the last stretch were close, so a scoring line only needs to click a couple of times in a night for a loss to have gone the other way and be a win

spreading things thin and only scoring 1 or 2 goals a game is nuts

Old
04-30-2013, 07:13 PM
brom7

Great job with the GDT as always my friend!

Regardless of the lineup, regardless of their lineup.. All we need is 16 wins, so here's to the first one!!

's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
pgm16

Just put the puck in their net more than they do to ours........& leave a few bruises along the way !!!!

Old
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i don't know why everyone wants krejci and jagr to play together. they're the same player, aren't they?

Old
04-30-2013, 07:25 PM
InfernoOrangeSS

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoOrangeSS View Post
Get back on track and win game one! Lucic scores tonight by the way.
My bad. I don't know why I thought they were playing tonight.

Game one Lucic scores a goal, though.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Bad Hat Harry

Quote:

To put it simply, yes.

Clearly, yes.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:38 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Seem like no-brainers? Weeks ago?

They didn't know who they were playing until Sunday night. Players get hurt, players get hot/cold, chemistry is forged or dissipates, on BOTH teams, and you have to take that all into consideration. If you think preparing a team for the playoffs is a no-brainer, all I can do is scratch my head.
17 guys on this team have won the Cup. What does he have to prepare them for? A first round?

Old
04-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Bad Hat Harry

Quote:

As for the D, I realize Hamilton has struggled defensively at times this year but the guy has skill and can move the puck which is an aspect the team has struggled with lately. He also has the ability to at least hit the net on the PP which appears to be a struggle for the rest of the Dman & most fwds (Seguin & Peverley etc.). But I guess in Claudes eyes Redden is safer.

This is more of a general question but how much leeway do you think Clode is given with this team?

At what point does Chia step in and say "********** put the two best playmakers together for a game and see what happens"?

Or is a head coach pretty much immune from any scrutiny and direction by a GM?

Old
04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

What kind of coach would get scoring back in Horton--then scratch a Proven playoff performer in Peverley for a 14th forward waiver wire guy? On the third line....to play with first liner on every other single team he has ever played Jaromir Jagr?

The roll four lines and hope your goalie puts up a .945 save percentage is getting old.

Claude didn't become an idiot over night. He will do the right thing.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

Quote:

No. Angsters gotta angst.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:54 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Julien just needs to try putting out the best team possible; that team includes Peverley and Soderberg, and perhaps includes "Dogman" over Thornton which I'd be fine with except he might play because it is the Leafs.

KHL MBS should be in the top 6 I think, with a 3rd line of Jagr, Kelly/Peverley, and Soderberg. 4th line of Kelly/Peverley, Paille, Campbell. Maybe get Dogman in there.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brom7 View Post
Great job with the GDT as always my friend!

Regardless of the lineup, regardless of their lineup.. All we need is 16 wins, so here's to the first one!!

's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, and also to others.

It's going up in the main board Playoff forum at some point. Had to add a little extra flavor.

Clean slate starts tomorrow night.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Pie O My

Go 's!! Beat them leaves.

Huge game manana. all the pressure is on the home team in game 1 of a 7 game series. Basically a throwaway game for the leafs.

To all those in attendance, nothing you don't already know but...get on Rick Kessel early and often. I've never seen a pro athlete get as flustered by a crowd reaction as this kid. Lets pull an Esa Tikkanen (sp?) on this kid and turn him into a Craig Janney for this series.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hat Harry View Post
This is more of a general question but how much leeway do you think Clode is given with this team?

At what point does Chia step in and say "********** put the two best playmakers together for a game and see what happens"?

Or is a head coach pretty much immune from any scrutiny and direction by a GM?
Aw, no. Chiarelli is Julien's boss and what he says goes.

Here's the thing: Chia trusts Julien and probably wouldn't intervene unless it was unjustifiable decision-making.

Jagr with a couple of fourth-liners? Um... To be honest, I HATE it. And that's getting pretty damn close to inexcusable. I'll wait to see how it shakes down though before I lose my **** about it, however.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Aw, no. Chiarelli is Julien's boss and what he says goes.

Here's the thing: Chia trusts Julien and probably wouldn't intervene unless it was unjustifiable decision-making.

Jagr with a couple of fourth-liners? Um... To be honest, I HATE it. And that's getting pretty damn close to inexcusable. I'll wait to see how it shakes down though before I lose my **** about it, however.
I think Chris Kelly gets a hell of a lot more respect from teammates and opponents than he does from fans. Just sayin.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Frickin' Canadians with their TV channels.

I kid. Thank you. So still on RDS though, I assume.

Yes it's still on RDS too.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
I think Chris Kelly gets a hell of a lot more respect from teammates and opponents than he does from fans. Just sayin.
he's been a beast since he came back from injury. he knows the OT goal sat night was on him and will come back stronger than ever to redeem himself.

Closed Thread