HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kreider

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2013, 05:15 PM
  #751
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
No, not every player on that list played several years before 22/23 yrs old.

Everyone on that list, first year, 21yrs old or over, sans Staal, he was 20 his first full year. And only Hank and Stepan were top performers their first year Pro.

Kreiders first full year was not even a full season.
Kreider played a full season--just not all of it in the NHL. And every player on your list played in a professional league (AHL, SEL and NHL) for several years before they reached age 22/23. Kreider hitting whatever age means nothing now--especially in comparison to a bunch of high end full time NHL players . How he progresses to becoming a full time player in the NHL is what matters now.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:28 PM
  #752
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Kreider played a full season--just not all of it in the NHL. And every player on your list played in a professional league (AHL, SEL and NHL) for several years before they reached age 22/23. Kreider hitting whatever age means nothing now--especially in comparison to a bunch of high end full time NHL players . How he progresses to becoming a full time player in the NHL is what matters now.
I get what you are saying, but you are wrong when you say everyone on that list played 'several years' of pro hockey. Cally and Mcdonagh being the most obvious. Girardi, a year and half, still not 'several'

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:56 PM
  #753
Miz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Kreider would have seen more ice time if we didn't put ourselves in a position to almost miss the playoffs. The same people complaining about Kreider are the ones who wanted Stepan gone in the beginning of the season. He's gonna have his up's and down's and the impatient people need to comprehend this. What can someone possibly show being on a line with brian boyle or darroll powe. He made some mistakes and struggled at times...but to say he looked completely out of place is wrong.

Miz is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 05:26 PM
  #754
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Im interested to see how Chris does in the playoffs. As we all know he came in last year and turned out to be one of our better players. i admit this year didnt go like we all thought it would for him. However there were a lot of factors. The lockout shortedned season which meant no real training camp which would have helped a lot, also he only played half the season mostly on the bottom lines. I still expect him to have a breakout year next year. But now i hope he does what he did last year in the playoffs

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 05:34 PM
  #755
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Dont want to see him touch the ice.

Would prefer Pyatt/Powe/Black Aces.

Very unintelligent hockey player, can't do anything with the puck and terrible game away from the puck.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 11:01 AM
  #756
usernamesteph
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
Kreider would have seen more ice time if we didn't put ourselves in a position to almost miss the playoffs. The same people complaining about Kreider are the ones who wanted Stepan gone in the beginning of the season. He's gonna have his up's and down's and the impatient people need to comprehend this. What can someone possibly show being on a line with brian boyle or darroll powe. He made some mistakes and struggled at times...but to say he looked completely out of place is wrong.
He's intimidated by torts

Trying to please torts rather than going with what got him here

usernamesteph is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 11:14 AM
  #757
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamesteph View Post
He's intimidated by torts

Trying to please torts rather than going with what got him here
That's a bad sign for him. Welcome to the professional world - sometimes you work with/for people who you don't get along with. You can let them sink you or you can toughen up, work harder and prove your value.

Kreider was alright last night. Definitely didn't make any plays that put a smile on my face. For all of the talk about how he needs a playmaker, he and Brassard didn't make much offense.

haveandare is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 11:22 AM
  #758
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I get what you are saying, but you are wrong when you say everyone on that list played 'several years' of pro hockey. Cally and Mcdonagh being the most obvious. Girardi, a year and half, still not 'several'
Girardi played as an overager in the O. Thats the only reason he wasn't in the minors for 3 seasons.

When Girardi was Kreiders age he was playing in the playoffs in Hartford, after starting the season in the ECHL. It's amazing how far he has come.

McRanger is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
  #759
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Dont want to see him touch the ice.

Would prefer Pyatt/Powe/Black Aces.

Very unintelligent hockey player, can't do anything with the puck and terrible game away from the puck.
He just needs to be let loose. He's gonna be a good player, just might take a bit longer than we thought.

Last year in the playoffs he was one of our better players, and it's because Torts just let him go. We need goals...so unleash the beast.

KreiMeARiver* is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 11:30 AM
  #760
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
He just needs to be let loose. He's gonna be a good player, just might take a bit longer than we thought.

Last year in the playoffs he was one of our better players, and it's because Torts just let him go. We need goals...so unleash the beast.
He needs to move his feet. At all times.

McRanger is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 12:09 PM
  #761
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,258
vCash: 500
I'm sick of the Torts excuses for Kreider. First he needed more minutes, then he needed a playmaker, now he needs Torts to stop doing some mysterious unnamable thing thats holding him back? He needs to play better. Plenty of young players have come up under this coach and under this system. Kreider himself did it last year.

haveandare is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 12:54 PM
  #762
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,473
vCash: 500
Why are we complaining about him now? I thought he was good in his limited minutes last night - was making things happen. Wanted to see him on the ice more.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 01:10 PM
  #763
Aufheben
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 11,536
vCash: 69
I thought his shots gave Holtby more trouble than any other Rangers.

Aufheben is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:32 PM
  #764
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I thought his shots gave Holtby more trouble than any other Rangers.
I thought Kreider was one of the few bright spots last night. hagelin was great and other than that i would say stepan and kreider were at least aggressive.

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:47 PM
  #765
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I thought Kreider was one of the few bright spots last night. hagelin was great and other than that i would say stepan and kreider were at least aggressive.
based on some of these comments you would think he singlehandedly lost the game for us

Dactyl is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
  #766
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
based on some of these comments you would think he singlehandedly lost the game for us
Just wait till McIlrath is here. You ain't seen nothin' yet

Riverdale is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
  #767
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
based on some of these comments you would think he singlehandedly lost the game for us
Look even though im a kreider fan i admit that i have been disappointed with him this year. HOWEVER there were a lot of factors like the lockout, only playing half the season, and being on the 4th line doesnt help. I still think he has to work his butt off this summer and be ready ffor next year. I though he was fine last night. He had a few shots that were good shots but holtby did a good job on everyone last night

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:55 PM
  #768
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Why are we complaining about him now? I thought he was good in his limited minutes last night - was making things happen. Wanted to see him on the ice more.
Personally, Ive been reading about what a difference maker he would be on this board for years now. Nowadays, he gets compliments when he doesnt fall all over himself out there. Hes been a nothing player for us all season, a roster filler, and a massive disappointment this season.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:59 PM
  #769
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Personally, Ive been reading about what a difference maker he would be on this board for years now. Nowadays, he gets compliments when he doesnt fall all over himself out there. Hes been a nothing player for us all season, a roster filler, and a massive disappointment this season.
He's only a rookie. Lets see what he does after a full traning camp and season. Odds are that he will be a good playyer for us the the future because he has the tools. To be honest since he got called back in march he has been better than he was in the beginning of the season. He isnt scoring goals butlike i said i expect next year to be better

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 06:18 AM
  #770
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,142
vCash: 500
I like the way Kreider has looked when given ice time. Just not enough ice time. I prefer him on a line with Step in lieu of Hags. Hags has stone hands.

free0717 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 07:31 AM
  #771
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I'm sick of the Torts excuses for Kreider. First he needed more minutes, then he needed a playmaker, now he needs Torts to stop doing some mysterious unnamable thing thats holding him back? He needs to play better. Plenty of young players have come up under this coach and under this system. Kreider himself did it last year.
I agree.

Kreider has just not been good at all. I counted like 6-7 games at the end of reg season where he didn't make one good play, not on play that stood out.

With a kid, you can take good and bad plays, but I am definitely scared when nothing stands out.

Ola is online now  
Old
05-04-2013, 08:41 AM
  #772
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I agree.

Kreider has just not been good at all. I counted like 6-7 games at the end of reg season where he didn't make one good play, not on play that stood out.

With a kid, you can take good and bad plays, but I am definitely scared when nothing stands out.
Thus the fact that Miller got oodles of opportunities and ice time, which seemed to bewilder some people. He was actually trying to do stuff out there.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 10:17 AM
  #773
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
I like the way Kreider has looked when given ice time. Just not enough ice time. I prefer him on a line with Step in lieu of Hags. Hags has stone hands.
Agreed.

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
  #774
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,983
vCash: 500
Kreider cant handle the icetime being given to him, so the solution is to give him more? Hows that for ass backwards?

Healthy scratch today, where he should be. Kid needs a clean slate.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 01:50 PM
  #775
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Kreider cant handle the icetime being given to him, so the solution is to give him more? Hows that for ass backwards?

Healthy scratch today, where he should be. Kid needs a clean slate.
Do you mean a clean slate on another team?

JCrusher* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.