HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Eric Lacroix Leaves Avs Org

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2013, 07:11 PM
  #101
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!
 
RobinDIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
But Sakic got us PAP.
Does anyone really think it would have mattered it Sherman or Sakic made the call?

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:14 PM
  #102
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
But Sakic got us PAP.
Makes sense. The Avs play like they have cervical cancer.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:08 PM
  #103
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,936
vCash: 7658
So I was listening to a hockey radio show on the internet (Oilers Now or something or other) when they had a special guest on to talk about the Avalanche firing Joe Sacco.

I couldn't make out who the guest was but essentially when talking about Eric Lacroix resigning, he mentioned that EL was 'extremely good friends' with Joe Sacco.

That would explain quite a bit.

- The puzzling 2 year contract extension
- The inordinate amount of time it took to finally fire him
- EL's resignation

Jeez, if Eric Lacroix really feels like Sacco did a 'good job' while coaching this team and was fired unjustly, I think we really dodged a bullet when he quit the team.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:13 PM
  #104
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,631
vCash: 500
Was he eat by big fat snake?

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:41 PM
  #105
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,936
vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Was he eat by big fat snake?
Actually, I think Eric ate THAT snake.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:43 PM
  #106
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
So I was listening to a hockey radio show on the internet (Oilers Now or something or other) when they had a special guest on to talk about the Avalanche firing Joe Sacco.

I couldn't make out who the guest was but essentially when talking about Eric Lacroix resigning, he mentioned that EL was 'extremely good friends' with Joe Sacco.

That would explain quite a bit.

- The puzzling 2 year contract extension
- The inordinate amount of time it took to finally fire him
- EL's resignation

Jeez, if Eric Lacroix really feels like Sacco did a 'good job' while coaching this team and was fired unjustly, I think we really dodged a bullet when he quit the team.
i would say no one could be that stupid but we did give him a two year extension so anything is possible.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:47 PM
  #107
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,936
vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
i would say no one could be that stupid but we did give him a two year extension so anything is possible.
Can't you picture it though? Eric adamantly telling his dad that Sacco is a good coach and will turn things around.

Seems like BOTH TIMES we hired some really bad coaches, somehow Eric Lacroix had some effect on that decision.

If he can't comprehend that it's more important for the organization to have someone competent leading it's group as head coach more than one of his friends, it's a very, very good thing he's gone.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:59 PM
  #108
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,128
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Can't you picture it though? Eric adamantly telling his dad that Sacco is a good coach and will turn things around.

Seems like BOTH TIMES we hired some really bad coaches, somehow Eric Lacroix had some effect on that decision.

If he can't comprehend that it's more important for the organization to have someone competent leading it's group as head coach more than one of his friends, it's a very, very good thing he's gone.
It's a good thing he's gone but if what you say is true, what does it say about the guy who listened to Eric both times? Pierre is the biggest problem with this organization and nothing will change until he's gone.

The Kroenkes have given full control of their team to a guy who doesn't even live in Denver or attend Avs games. Pierre is stuck in the past and the game has passed him by. Based on the amount of money Stan has made, it's safe to say he's a pretty smart guy. Make the change now.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:03 PM
  #109
Sgarbossy
Registered User
 
Sgarbossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,348
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
It's a good thing he's gone but if what you say is true, what does it say about the guy who listened to Eric both times? Pierre is the biggest problem with this organization and nothing will change until he's gone.
Completely untrue. Nothing will change until he's gone? How about the HC being fired and his son leaving? Not change?

Sgarbossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
  #110
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cap Floor
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
So I was listening to a hockey radio show on the internet (Oilers Now or something or other) when they had a special guest on to talk about the Avalanche firing Joe Sacco.

I couldn't make out who the guest was but essentially when talking about Eric Lacroix resigning, he mentioned that EL was 'extremely good friends' with Joe Sacco.

That would explain quite a bit.

- The puzzling 2 year contract extension
- The inordinate amount of time it took to finally fire him
- EL's resignation

Jeez, if Eric Lacroix really feels like Sacco did a 'good job' while coaching this team and was fired unjustly, I think we really dodged a bullet when he quit the team.
I had no clue until now but the two of them played together back in 1992-1993 with the St. John Maple Leafs. Could explain how they're such close friends now.

BoxOfChocolates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:05 PM
  #111
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Does anyone really think it would have mattered it Sherman or Sakic made the call?
I do. Then again, the only person that could really answer that is PAP himself.

Colorado Sports Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
  #112
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Can't you picture it though? Eric adamantly telling his dad that Sacco is a good coach and will turn things around.

Seems like BOTH TIMES we hired some really bad coaches, somehow Eric Lacroix had some effect on that decision.

If he can't comprehend that it's more important for the organization to have someone competent leading it's group as head coach more than one of his friends, it's a very, very good thing he's gone.
ugh, sadly i can. that however says a ton about Pierre too as he has final say.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:08 PM
  #113
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,128
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgarbossy View Post
Completely untrue. Nothing will change until he's gone? How about the HC being fired and his son leaving? Not change?
Going from Francois Giguere to Greg Sherman and Tony Granato to Joe Sacco was a change too but the end result has been the same. No, nothing will change as long as Lacroix is running the show.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:10 PM
  #114
jaems
Registered User
 
jaems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
I had no clue until now but the two of them played together back in 1992-1993 with the St. John Maple Leafs. Could explain how they're such close friends now.
This is why being friends with someone in the organization can be a recipe for disaster. I wish this franchise put merit over all else.

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:29 AM
  #115
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,671
vCash: 291
One Lacroix gone now time for fat head daddy to go too. I agree with Avs_19. This crap isnt over until Pierre Lacroix is gone.


Last edited by Frenchy: 04-30-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: going arround word filter
The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:34 AM
  #116
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B.C. Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
One Lacroix gone now time for fat head daddy to go too. I agree with Avs_19. This crap isnt over until Pierre Lacroix is gone.
Do you have to always call him fat. You can get your point across without that kind of language.


Last edited by Frenchy: 04-30-2013 at 09:09 AM.
cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:37 AM
  #117
Hans Landaskog
Registered User
 
Hans Landaskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,259
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
Do you have to always call him fat. You can get your point across without that kind of language.
But he's a fat ****

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:04 AM
  #118
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,596
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
So I was listening to a hockey radio show on the internet (Oilers Now or something or other) when they had a special guest on to talk about the Avalanche firing Joe Sacco.

I couldn't make out who the guest was but essentially when talking about Eric Lacroix resigning, he mentioned that EL was 'extremely good friends' with Joe Sacco.

That would explain quite a bit.

- The puzzling 2 year contract extension
- The inordinate amount of time it took to finally fire him
- EL's resignation

Jeez, if Eric Lacroix really feels like Sacco did a 'good job' while coaching this team and was fired unjustly, I think we really dodged a bullet when he quit the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
I had no clue until now but the two of them played together back in 1992-1993 with the St. John Maple Leafs. Could explain how they're such close friends now.
Wow, I had no idea about these things either. So EL is responsible for both Sacco and Granato. That's seven years worth of crap behind the bench.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 05:02 PM
  #119
18007
Balls on the table!
 
18007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boone, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,470
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Does anyone really think it would have mattered it Sherman or Sakic made the call?
Yeah, I do too. But who knows except for PAP himself, like CSF said.

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:41 PM
  #120
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,671
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
Do you have to always call him fat. You can get your point across without that kind of language.
But he is fat whats the big deal.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:43 PM
  #121
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,671
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Wow, I had no idea about these things either. So EL is responsible for both Sacco and Granato. That's seven years worth of crap behind the bench.
Didnt the guys also have an issue with Eric in the locker room when he played here or am I imagining this?

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:48 PM
  #122
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Didnt the guys also have an issue with Eric in the locker room when he played here or am I imagining this?
I think there was. Something about what was said in the locker-room got passed along to PL. I also vaguely recall hearing Hejduk got pinned with it by the coach at one point. Not sure how true any of that is though.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:06 PM
  #123
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,631
vCash: 500
I've heard it was Keith Jones.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 07:44 PM
  #124
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 578
vCash: 500
I think I remember Dater saying it was Hejduk in Blood Feud. But then Jones got traded for Podein (thank god) and I think he took the role of scapegoat.

SuperTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.