all the Bulls need for next season is a real goalie
lol.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:34 AM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowayguy View Post
Well the season is over but I'm glad they fought their way back into the series, it was an entertaining year for sure. Good luck to Barrie in the finals.
The series was advertised to be sure...great exciting hockey too, especially on your big ice...

Both teams will need to replace some key players for next season, but I think we saw both have players step up in key situations this series. I wouldn't be shocked to see a repeat of this Eastern Conference final next year. That would be nice for rivalry building - it doesn't seem that we've met that often in the playoffs and when we have it hasn't been much of a series (curse Mike Murphy).

Thanks for the banter!

Old
04-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Great year for the team. I think we could be just as good next year.
I disagree. I think it could be a tough year next year. They'll be losing Cramarossa, Cardwell, Silas, Graovac, Quine, Subban, Austin and possibly Brassard. That was the core of the team. That's a lot of offence and defence to replace. 4 D-men, your first line and arguably the best goaltender in the league. Plus you can't bring back all the 19 year olds as over-agers.

So you have Graham in net followed by:

Gaunce - Zharkov - Curtis (OA)
Hooey - Sandlak (OA) - Berisha
Petti - Simmonds (OA) - Heffernan
M. Cramarossa - ? - ?

Worrad (OA) - Subban
Bignell - De Sousa
? - ?

Brassard (OA) *Probably won't be back

That's a lot of holes to fill and potentially 5 OA's next year. They should keep Curtis and Worrad as their 2 OA's. That leaves one spot open for Brassard, Simmonds or Sandlak.

Like I said, it will be a tough year next year. I bet George trades Gaunce, some OA's and Zharkov for good 17 year olds.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Congrats on a great comeback to force a 7th game. Epic battle between two great goalies. Hope to see you guys again next postseason...Hopefully Barrie can do the east proud and knock off the stinkin' Knights. Cheers!

Old
04-30-2013, 01:00 PM
canucks20

What a uninspiring effort from the Bulls on home ice in a game 7 of the Eastern Finals. They came out flying and just dominated for the first 10 minutes where Niederberger came up huge and kept the Colts in it. After that first 10 minutes it was a fairly boring game with the Bulls hardly testing Niederberger. The only huge save I remember after the first 10 minutes was the Graovac breakaway.

The big difference for the Bulls in this series was supposed to be Subban and he just wasn't that difference maker. Yes he made some huge saves, but he also let in a few stinkers in this series and average goals. Last night Niederberger came up huge in the first 10 minutes and Subban just did not match him. The first goal should have been stopped and the third goal was a terrible goal.

The Bulls offense was to inconsistent in this series but it must be tough going against that Colts D. Ekblad might be one of the best d man I have ever seen.

It was a great year for the Bulls and I am proud of them as they worked their tails off and just came up short. It is tough to see a chance wasted though as it may be a tough few years coming up in Belleville as it looks like another rebuild is around the corner. Its going to be an exciting offseason with lots of moves I expect with all the 93s on the roster. I hope Detroit is in a really giving mood this year and somehow return Quine (I know it won't happen).

I wish the best of luck to the Knights in the final even though I hate them. I can not cheer for a team like the Colts who go down like they have been shot on every bit of contact. Scheifle is one of the most embarrassing players I have seen come out of the OHL in quite some time. Kid needs to learn to stay on his feet.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:32 PM
jdan1997

What do all of the players do now? Do they all go home and finish school at their old schools?

Old
04-30-2013, 08:26 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
What do all of the players do now? Do they all go home and finish school at their old schools?
No.....finish school where they are already enrolled .

Old
04-30-2013, 08:39 PM
jdan1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
No.....finish school where they are already enrolled .
They're all packed up and at home though? Don't the 96/95s go to quinte secondary?

Old
05-01-2013, 12:44 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
They're all packed up and at home though? Don't the 96/95s go to quinte secondary?
Unless something's changed, or they do things differently in Belleville, they generally go home and transfer back to their home schools at the end of the season. That was the case with the Colts who went to Innisdale as recently as last season. And also the way it worked with the guys I went to school with on the Newmarket Royals who left promptly at the end of the regular season. And with the guys who came back York Region that played in other places (i.e. Jeff O'Neill would come back to Cardinal Carter in Aurora after his season with the Storm was done).

Old
05-01-2013, 08:01 AM
ImaBullsfan

Does anyone have any thoughts on how next years edition of the Bulls might look like? Curious of other people's views. I will do my mock roster soon.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on how next years edition of the Bulls might look like? Curious of other people's views. I will do my mock roster soon.
See my post above. George has a lot of interesting problems to sort out with their potential OA's next year.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
I did this a couple weeks ago but I'll give it another try:

Zharkov- Gaunce - Berisha
Curtis - Petti - Import
Heffernan - Simmonds - Hooey
Cramarossa- Coric - Bricknell
Ming - Laishram

Bignell - Subban
Worrad - Desousa
Morris - Lemcke
Besner/Bean

Graham
Banitsiotis

I originally didn't include Simmonds but I can't see him not being back, even though it's not the best way to use an OA card. Worrad and Curtis will almost surely be back as OAs as well. I think a scoring import forward would be a huge addition but I don't expect the tight budget Bulls to land one. The development of Petti into an offensive threat will be a huge factor in how far this team can go.

There will be lots of 16 and 17 year olds on this team and hopefully a handful can take that next step. I could see Heffernan making a big impact next season, and fully expect Desousa to show big time progression. If Cramarossa improves his skating he has the smarts to make an impact, same with Coric if he can get stronger and quicker.

Morris was impressive in tier two and Besner is a wildcard pick for me on the back end. He is a pretty steady blueliner who could be ready to take the big step right away. I haven't seen recent 9th rounder Justin Bean play but I suspect that the Bulls wouldn't draft a '96 this year unless they think he can push for a blueline spot this upcoming season. Kid had a pretty impressive season as a 16 year old playing Jr.C and there are 2 or 3 spots up for grabs.

I expect Lavigne to keep his NCAA eligibility and I think Banitsiotis is the front runner to back up Charlie Graham. He's a big athletic kid who has some raw potential.

I think George will be fielding calls about Gaunce over the off-season, but I expect him to hold off until at least Xmas time on that one.

Last edited by heusy_79: 05-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old
05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
JSavoire

Look, here's the problem...George has too many OA's plus a fair number of guys moving on. Add to that a guy like Zharkov leaving to play in Europe and you have an interesting scenario for the Bulls to address. Here's what they will do IMO:

1. Draft one, maybe 2 Euros in the upcoming Euro Draft (depending on picks of course). 1 D and 1 F
2. Trade some OA's (i.e. Brassard and Sandlak) for one 94 D and one 94 F
3. Keep 4 OA's until Trade Deadline and then move one (probably Curtis who I think is a solid all-around player but will be the one teams will offer the most for).
4. Trade one 96 off the current roster for a good future pick
5. Sign 2 97 born players, 1 D and 1 F to an A card
6. Bring up 2 or 3 Tier II players on mostly B cards

Now, using the above road map Bulls leverage a few OA's that will fetch good returns mostly cause they can't keep them all and not cause they're not wanted. They bring a little more youth, but still maintain Bull's philosophy of playing the older players alot more and bringing up the youth in situations where they can succeed.

Get one or two future picks to make up for the ones lost in trades this year is a great idea to keep the cupboard stocked for the future. Add at least one, probably two more mature D through OA's trades and Euro Draft and add at least one more mature Forward through the same Euro Draft/OA trade. My guess mature 1F, 1D to start and another at trade deadline when the 4rth OA from the Bulls gets moved.

I'll try a lineup next post that would work with the above moves.

Old
05-01-2013, 03:11 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

I think Brassard will sign and play in the AHL next year. Quine will almost certainly be in the AHL, as will Graovac and Malcolm. I think Brady Austin will sign but maybe Buffalo would like to see him play an extra year on the blueline in major junior before jumping to the pros. That only leaves Sandlak, Curtis, Simmonds and Worrad as potential OAs. Simmonds will almost certainly be back unless he decides to go to university. Worrad for sure will be needed as a top 4 blueliner and Curtis is an effective and versatile forward who is a big favourite of Burnett. I think Sandlak should be dealt if you can get anything decent for him, no reason to carry a 4th OA and take development time away from a younger player like Heffernan, who looks ready to step into a bigger role.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Look, here's the problem...George has too many OA's plus a fair number of guys moving on. Add to that a guy like Zharkov leaving to play in Europe and you have an interesting scenario for the Bulls to address. Here's what they will do IMO:

1. Draft one, maybe 2 Euros in the upcoming Euro Draft (depending on picks of course). 1 D and 1 F
2. Trade some OA's (i.e. Brassard and Sandlak) for one 94 D and one 94 F
3. Keep 4 OA's until Trade Deadline and then move one (probably Curtis who I think is a solid all-around player but will be the one teams will offer the most for).
4. Trade one 96 off the current roster for a good future pick
5. Sign 2 97 born players, 1 D and 1 F to an A card
6. Bring up 2 or 3 Tier II players on mostly B cards

Now, using the above road map Bulls leverage a few OA's that will fetch good returns mostly cause they can't keep them all and not cause they're not wanted. They bring a little more youth, but still maintain Bull's philosophy of playing the older players alot more and bringing up the youth in situations where they can succeed.

Get one or two future picks to make up for the ones lost in trades this year is a great idea to keep the cupboard stocked for the future. Add at least one, probably two more mature D through OA's trades and Euro Draft and add at least one more mature Forward through the same Euro Draft/OA trade. My guess mature 1F, 1D to start and another at trade deadline when the 4rth OA from the Bulls gets moved.

I'll try a lineup next post that would work with the above moves.
Zharkov was drafted by the oilers and thus if he doesn't make the Oilers roster, must return to his junior team.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:44 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I think Brassard will sign and play in the AHL next year.
I hope he does, honestly. He's been one of those Jets prospects that has flown under the radar, as everyone's attention seems to be on Trouba, Scheifele, and Lowry. I don't know what the future has in store for Brassard, but I think Chevy will get him signed to an ELC to have his rights as a depth forward in St. John's. Lord knows Chevy can't really be picky about our depth positions, what with the lack of it everywhere in the organisation.

Old
05-01-2013, 07:23 PM
ImaBullsfan

Here's mine:

Zharkov-Gaunce-Berisha
OA-Petti-OA
Heffernan-Hooey-Cramarossa
Bricknell-Coric-Josephs

Colella,Ming,Laishram

Subban-Bignell
Lemcke-Desousa
Morris-OA

Shore

Graham, Lavigne

Hicks

OA's- Not coming back for sure: Subban, Graovac
Until they are signed, my 3 OA's are: Curtis, Austin, either Quine or Brassard

P.S. Troy Josephs is rated for this years NHL draft, if they can sign him, it will be a huge asset for next year. Also Trent Shore is a interesting d-man that could very well make the team too. I'm hoping Lavigne will sign on also, he was a young star with Wellington last year.

George will not use his Import picks, they would be selecting too low, look for the bulls to deal one or both. IMO

Last edited by ImaBullsfan: 05-01-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old
05-01-2013, 07:33 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I did this a couple weeks ago but I'll give it another try:

Zharkov- Gaunce - Berisha
Curtis - Petti - Import
Heffernan - Simmonds - Hooey
Cramarossa- Coric - Bricknell
Ming - Laishram

Bignell - Subban
Worrad - Desousa
Morris - Lemcke
Besner/Bean

Graham
Banitsiotis

I originally didn't include Simmonds but I can't see him not being back, even though it's not the best way to use an OA card. Worrad and Curtis will almost surely be back as OAs as well. I think a scoring import forward would be a huge addition but I don't expect the tight budget Bulls to land one. The development of Petti into an offensive threat will be a huge factor in how far this team can go.

There will be lots of 16 and 17 year olds on this team and hopefully a handful can take that next step. I could see Heffernan making a big impact next season, and fully expect Desousa to show big time progression. If Cramarossa improves his skating he has the smarts to make an impact, same with Coric if he can get stronger and quicker.

Morris was impressive in tier two and Besner is a wildcard pick for me on the back end. He is a pretty steady blueliner who could be ready to take the big step right away. I haven't seen recent 9th rounder Justin Bean play but I suspect that the Bulls wouldn't draft a '96 this year unless they think he can push for a blueline spot this upcoming season. Kid had a pretty impressive season as a 16 year old playing Jr.C and there are 2 or 3 spots up for grabs.

I expect Lavigne to keep his NCAA eligibility and I think Banitsiotis is the front runner to back up Charlie Graham. He's a big athletic kid who has some raw potential.

I think George will be fielding calls about Gaunce over the off-season, but I expect him to hold off until at least Xmas time on that one.
I agree 100% with the above paragraph! Look for Gaunce and Zharkov and possibily one or two OA's also to be moved for future picks.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
I agree 100% with the above paragraph! Look for Gaunce and Zharkov and possibily one or two OA's also to be moved for future picks.
I think if they move Gaunce and/or Zharkov, plus lose all the guys the will this year plus have to move extra OA's that it would be way too big a gut job for Bulls to stomach. George will not run the team with so few vets/older guys/leaders. Has to be some transitional phase to rebuild.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:54 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I think if they move Gaunce and/or Zharkov, plus lose all the guys the will this year plus have to move extra OA's that it would be way too big a gut job for Bulls to stomach. George will not run the team with so few vets/older guys/leaders. Has to be some transitional phase to rebuild.
I don't mean move Gaunce and Zharkov in the off season, we will get more value nov-dec. If both brassard and quine come back, it will only help the bulls re-stock the cupboard.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:24 PM
hockeykid87

Odds on Bignell finally scoring a goal next season?

Old
05-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
Odds on Bignell finally scoring a goal next season?
Clearly it's not his game. I'm sure though he'd like to pot one.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:30 PM
ImaBullsfan

Does anyone have any idea when the Bulls rookie camp is?

Old
05-05-2013, 11:52 AM
hockeykid87

Gaunce recalled by the Canucks. Judging by their play the first two games he might not be there long before he heads back home. It'll be nice for him to get some practises in with an NHL team though

Closed Thread