HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alfredsson's Rights to Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 08:53 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
Alfredsson's Rights to Toronto

The Leafs have a major problem with their second line RW situation. Kulemin is a third liner, and Frattin looks to be a career AHLer, so, they need someone to play with Kadri who can mentor him. What would it take for Toronto to trade for Alfie's rights?

Old
04-30-2013, 08:54 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

You know, in a perfect world, it would be nice to have Alfie. He's a good two-way player; but I am not sure is he's the guy that will be a good fit with Kadri, considering Alfie's offensive skills aren't what they used to be.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:55 PM
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"

I'm not sure Alfredsson would be welcome in Toronto.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:55 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
The Leafs have a major problem with their second line RW situation. Kulemin is a third liner, and Frattin looks to be a career AHLer, so, they need someone to play with Kadri who can mentor him. What would it take for Toronto to trade for Alfie's rights?
I actually agree here , Kulemin is a third liner i mean sure he can bring it sometimes but to be honest he is a third liner , I also agree with the Frattin thing , Sure he had some great plays obviously some OT Beauty's but he has a nice big AHL Spot. I don't know what it would take but Alfie would be great to teach Kadri.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:56 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
I'm not sure Alfredsson would be welcome in Toronto.
Nice to know Toronto doesn't welcome very skilled, wingers who would help their team tremendously.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:56 PM
The Produce Man
Master of Puppets

Quote:
Given the fact they are fierce rivals, Gardiner or Rielly + is the logical starting point.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:57 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Produce Man View Post
Given the fact they are fierce rivals, Gardiner or Rielly + is the logical starting point.
I think most Leafs fans are really high on Rielly, so Rielly straight up for Alf seems like a really good hockey trade.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
SoulAssassin

Alfredsson would make the Leafs a legit contender. Starts with Morgan if you ask me...

Old
04-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Water Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
You know, in a perfect world, it would be nice to have Alfie. He's a good two-way player; but I am not sure is he's the guy that will be a good fit with Kadri, considering Alfie's offensive skills aren't what they used to be.
What do you mean, Alfie still is at a level that would make an impact on the Leafs and he would be a great mentor. I say that Jake Gardiner+ going back the sens way would benefit both sides.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Kyle93*
LL4Life

vCash: 1255
No thanks, also what's with your problem with the leafs? You always seem to start up threads about them, usually negative.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:03 PM
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
Nice to know Toronto doesn't welcome very skilled, wingers who would help their team tremendously.
He has been a career rival to the Leafs. When the Leafs play the Sens he gets boo'ed anytime he touches the puck (regardless of venue! LOL). He won't be that productive if he plays at all next season. He is less than a half PPG winger (at this point of his career). He has excellent experience and would most like be a great mentor for young players but not much of an asset beyond that. I wouldn't be willing to give up much for him especially since you would be trading within the division to a hated rival.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:04 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
No thanks, also what's with your problem with the leafs? You always seem to start up threads about them, usually negative.
They're my second favorite team, sorry if it came across that way. Not sure how adding a top 6 winger is negative

Old
04-30-2013, 09:04 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Alfredsson would make the Leafs a legit contender. Starts with Morgan if you ask me...
Morgan who? Certainly not Morgan Rielly.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
How is this a negative thread

Old
04-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Kyle93*
LL4Life

vCash: 1255
Quote:
They're my second favorite team, sorry if it came across that way. Not sure how adding a top 6 winger is negative
Alright fair enough, the picks and pieces to acquire him for a couple years of what he has left isn't worth it IMO.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:06 PM
TSA0402

1) Alfredsson is not being traded.

2) No way in hell Alfredsson is going to Toronto.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Water Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
He has been a career rival to the Leafs. When the Leafs play the Sens he gets boo'ed anytime he touches the puck (regardless of venue! LOL). He won't be that productive if he plays at all next season. He is less than a half PPG winger (at this point of his career). He has excellent experience and would most like be a great mentor for young players but not much of an asset beyond that. I wouldn't be willing to give up much for him especially since you would be trading within the division to a hated rival.
Good point. However, do you think he would be booed / disliked past a the first couple of games or do the leafs fans dislike him enough to make his time there uncomfortable for an extended period of time. I'm not really up on the entire Leafs vs Sens rivalry.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Ace88*

Toronto wants absolutely no part of Alfredsson. He could be the prime 90 pt guy he once was and we still dont want him. It's a fundamentally deep rooted thing you see.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:10 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Toronto wants absolutely no part of Alfredsson. He could be the prime 90 pt guy he once was and we still dont want him. It's a fundamentally deep rooted thing you see.
Don't be silly. Alfredsson in his prime would be coveted by any team including the Leafs. However Alfie has lost a step and isn't close to that player anymore. Leafs shouldn't and wouldn't have to give up that much for him. Certainly not any top prospects.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
Don't be silly. Alfredsson in his prime would be coveted by any team including the Leafs. However Alfie has lost a step and isn't close to that player anymore. Leafs shouldn't and wouldn't have to give up that much for him. Certainly not any top prospects.
Nope. Leafs dont want that big nosed clown anywhere near our team, not then, not now, not never.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Produce Man View Post
http://blueshirtcentral.blogspot.ca/...nd-league.html - While poorly written, I agree with this person's assessment of Gardiner, and it still stands today, and he is worth more than Alife.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Water Knight

Quote:
Nope. Leafs dont want that big nosed clown anywhere near our team, not then, not now, not never.
Even if you managed to get him cheaply? Why not?

Old
04-30-2013, 09:15 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
Maybe you don't. Everyone else would love a prime Daniel Alfredsson.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
Even if you managed to get him cheaply? Why not?
Its the principle of it. He captained a team we despise. Dont want.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
What do you mean, Alfie still is at a level that would make an impact on the Leafs and he would be a great mentor. I say that Jake Gardiner+ going back the sens way would benefit both sides.
Impact the Leafs? Maybe. In a vacuum, maybe. Is he worth Gardiner+????? Uhmm, I will save my breathe and say "No".

Closed Thread