HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Congrats to the Habs for a successful roadtrip.

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2004, 06:43 AM
shayne

vCash: 500
Congrats to the Habs for a successful roadtrip.

Happy New Year everyone.

As a Hab fan i thought getting 4 of 6 possible points on the road is a real good way to end the year, too bad the isles have heated up but anyways, most thought the habs would be out of the playoff picture by this time and the club has proved many wrong.

i think things are looking up and the farm team continues to play well even after the oilers players left and that too bodes well for Hab fans.

Good luck to gainey and the staff on making the playoffs while reworking the look of the club.

Cheers

Old
01-01-2004, 06:45 AM
Masao

The Canadiens are doing well statistically, but I don't really like what I'm seeing on the ice. Almost every game it seems that their opponents are a lot stronger and more talented and the Canadiens are always on their toes and depend on their goaltender and have capitalise on the few scoring opportunities they have, while the other team runs circles around them.

Meh, it was like that two years ago and they made the second round so who knows....

The only thing is that if it goes on Theodore is going to need some Prozac.

Old
01-01-2004, 06:48 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
It's all too common that the Habs depend heavily on their goaltenders. I am happy about the 4 out of 6 points though. Let's hope they keep it up. It would be great to see them in the playoffs. Go Habs Go!

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!

Old
01-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Mike8

Any time Koivu's out, the offensive chances will be kept to a minimal for Montreal.

On the other hand, I think MTL's defense has been much better this year than in year's past. It's also nice to see young players injecting some life into the lineup (Ryder, Komisarek, Plekanec's debut last night).

Old
01-01-2004, 07:20 AM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
It's also nice to see young players injecting some life into the lineup (Ryder, Komisarek, Plekanec's debut last night).
I agree that the Habs youth is looking nice right now. The yshould be a strong team for a good time to come if they keep the kids togeather.

Old
01-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Masao

Did you see Plekanec crush that Dallas player (forgot who it was) on the boards during the game?

It was borderline on a penalty, but at least he showed some guts!

Old
01-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao
Did you see Plekanec crush that Dallas player (forgot who it was) on the boards during the game?

It was borderline on a penalty, but at least he showed some guts!
Yes, that was on Richard Matvichuk. They had a small battle all night. Love the progression Plekanec's made to his overall play, and his lower body strength. He's become a tank. Very likeable player, could turn out to be one of the best from Montreal's prospect crop. Hope he sticks with the club soon.

Here's hoping Komisarek's dressed for Savard & the Thrashers this Saturday too.

Old
01-01-2004, 07:42 AM
Masao

I'll be there saturday... first time I get to see Kovalchuk live... this is going to be fun

Closed Thread