HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 4: The 2013 Playoffs Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2013, 10:04 PM
  #201
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I think it was cause brown was in the box. The fact that mike richards isnt even in the top 3 for sh ice time is telling.
richards, brown and kopitar are all in the same range of sh toi/g only behind stoll and lewis.

edit: g only kills about 20 more seconds per game. seems like a lot but you also have to consider the flyers have taken the most minors in the league and the kings are around the middle of the pack to the lower half of the league, relatively speaking richards kills more then giroux


Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 04-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:11 PM
  #202
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 16,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Richards definitely kills penalties. And I don't know what you're talking about, Richards was the best player besides Quick on LA until his concussion. He looked every bit like he did in Philly.
That's not true. And even if it was, the kings were horrible up to that point. 1 goal games left and right. Look richards is a shell of his former shelf and is brutally slow and his skills are eroding very quickly.

Jtown is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:13 PM
  #203
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 16,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
richards, brown and kopitar are all in the same range of sh toi/g only behind stoll and lewis.

edit: g only kills about 20 more seconds per game. seems like a lot but you also have to consider the flyers have taken the most minors in the league and the kings are around the middle of the pack to the lower half of the league, relatively speaking richards kills more then giroux
giroux gets paid to be a ppg player. not to kill penalties. If he killed penalties he would be our best penalty killer but why risk it. Mike richards on the other hand is paid to kill penalties.

Jtown is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:17 PM
  #204
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
That's not true. And even if it was, the kings were horrible up to that point. 1 goal games left and right. Look richards is a shell of his former shelf and is brutally slow and his skills are eroding very quickly.
Were you watching the games? If you were, I don't know how you can even come to that conclusion. By December Kings fans were talking about trading Brown because he was doing so badly, and Richards was doing so well...using the old "x player makes y obsolete!" logic that Knuble taught us to beware.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:22 PM
  #205
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,472
vCash: 500
Oh, Quick.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:22 PM
  #206
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,153
vCash: 500
Damnit, I looked away for a few seconds.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:22 PM
  #207
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
Blues!!!


EDIT: Hawks too.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:23 PM
  #208
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,153
vCash: 500
Wow, ugly but I'm not shocked. Quick has looked poor handling the puck all night.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:23 PM
  #209
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,472
vCash: 500
And I switch over to the Blackhawks game to see them win it.

So it's a Black and Blue night.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:23 PM
  #210
Roman Reigns
Registered User
 
Roman Reigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
YES!! Blues deserved this game. Quick kept the Kings in the game and he took them out of it.

Roman Reigns is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:24 PM
  #211
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
And I switch over to the Blackhawks game to see them win it.

So it's a Black and Blue night.
Just did the same thing...caught the replay.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:27 PM
  #212
856
Moderator
Amaro out
 
856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 34,834
vCash: 230
Blueeesssssssssssss! That was the best game I have seen all year.

856 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:29 PM
  #213
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 16,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Were you watching the games? If you were, I don't know how you can even come to that conclusion. By December Kings fans were talking about trading Brown because he was doing so badly, and Richards was doing so well...using the old "x player makes y obsolete!" logic that Knuble taught us to beware.
Yes I was. I watched every kings game last year. You can go on their GDT last year and check it out for yourself. Richards was the 2nd best player , behind kopitar, on a miserable team. The team didn't pick it up until brown start playing well and until they got carter. By that time richards was in a huge goalless drought but the team was still reeling off wins despite his lack of contribution.

Btw RIchards jsut misplayed a kopitar pass that went out of the zone. had he held onto the pass quick there would have been no quick mishap. Oh well.

Jtown is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:29 PM
  #214
nevermore
Cap space since 2005
 
nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Austria
Posts: 11,902
vCash: 500
Missed the ending in Chicago because I was still laughing at Quick's miscue.

nevermore is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:42 PM
  #215
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 116,000
vCash: 580
If that was Bryzgalov he'd be walking home.


To Russia.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:45 PM
  #216
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
whoa....a Carter debate.....

Well Blues totally dominated LA....picked them to beat LA..so far so good.

Picked Minnie as my far fetched playoff upset...almost pulled off a win but no dice...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:57 PM
  #217
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
lol @ Quick

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 10:59 PM
  #218
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Yes I was. I watched every kings game last year. You can go on their GDT last year and check it out for yourself. Richards was the 2nd best player , behind kopitar, on a miserable team. The team didn't pick it up until brown start playing well and until they got carter. By that time richards was in a huge goalless drought but the team was still reeling off wins despite his lack of contribution.

Btw RIchards jsut misplayed a kopitar pass that went out of the zone. had he held onto the pass quick there would have been no quick mishap. Oh well.
Richards was definitely one of their best players. Where I guess we disagree is that I thought he looked like his normal Philly self, until his concussion in December. When he came back from that a shell of himself, it destroyed what little offense LA had going until that point

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:09 PM
  #219
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 16,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Richards was definitely one of their best players. Where I guess we disagree is that I thought he looked like his normal Philly self, until his concussion in December. When he came back from that a shell of himself, it destroyed what little offense LA had going until that point
He was their 3rd best player up until the concussion, that I agree with. But he was not the best and certainly not dominant. What destroyed LA's offense was Murray. When Sutter came in things changed. He has not been close to his ppg philly years in a long time. 2008-2009 was his last great year. Since then he has been a 2nd line center. Now he is an overpaid 2nd line center that is not even in the top half of 2nd line centers in the league. He has a untradeable contract, and personally id think he would be a candidate for the amnesty clause.

Jtown is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:26 PM
  #220
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
lol @ Quick
Anybody have a gif of him banging his head (on the ice) like he was listening to Quiet Riot?

I still prefer the Vokoun jelly belly flop

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
  #221
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
He was their 3rd best player up until the concussion, that I agree with. But he was not the best and certainly not dominant. What destroyed LA's offense was Murray. When Sutter came in things changed. He has not been close to his ppg philly years in a long time. 2008-2009 was his last great year. Since then he has been a 2nd line center. Now he is an overpaid 2nd line center that is not even in the top half of 2nd line centers in the league. He has a untradeable contract, and personally id think he would be a candidate for the amnesty clause.
Unfortunately Richards' body is not exactly conditioned like Rod the bod was. It's taken a lot of abuse and yeah I agree we traded him at the right time and he wasn't going to be able to carry the load here like he was expected to..rightly or wrongly. That contract is def looking a bit too rich but Bryz still makes it look like a Kmart blue light special...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 12:06 AM
  #222
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,075
vCash: 500
Missed the kings game, but man that was a brutal ending. I feel bad for the guy

Devastate is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 12:18 AM
  #223
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,313
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Reminds me of the time in Game 6 of the SCF

Open net

hits goalie

LMFAO

shot hits Campbells stick and its Niemi.

But yeah goalies dont make great saves. shooters just choke.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 02:36 AM
  #224
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
LMFAO

shot hits Campbells stick and its Niemi.

But yeah goalies dont make great saves. shooters just choke.
You're the one that needs the . Carter ****ed it up cause he held onto the puck too long. I've watched this play several times. When Giroux passed it to Carter, the second it touched his stick he should have knocked right in. Instead he corals it, skates further away, and then tries to wrist it. All he had to do was "puck!" SMACK, goal. Game 7.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:28 AM
  #225
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,312
vCash: 500
God. Quick. That was brutal.

Flyotes is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.