HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Sweden

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 11:32 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
What are the chances Jarnkrok gets to play a semi-important role for Sweden? He's missing Grand Rapids playoffs so I'm hoping he's going to get be getting some consistent minutes.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Hockey Fan #751

vCash: 500
According to Yakupov, MPS is going. Is this the case?

https://twitter.com/Nail10_1993/stat...88218761633792

Old
04-30-2013, 01:28 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

MPS could use that experience.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:06 PM
tade

Huge addition for Sweden in Loui Eriksson. Well, how will Sweden's top line look like now with Eriksson and Landeskog? Who will be centering them?

Old
04-30-2013, 02:22 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
According to Yakupov, MPS is going. Is this the case?

https://twitter.com/Nail10_1993/stat...88218761633792
It wasn't the case at the official press conference as late as a couple of hours ago, and no SWE media word after that.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Nordic*

Leaving out key players for SEL scrubs.

Rahimi, give me a ****ing break.

Where is MPS?

And it's strange that all these Swedish players have no problems playing in the NHL - but when the WC comes around they are all, all of a sudden, way too injured to be able to play.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post
Huge addition for Sweden in Loui Eriksson. Well, how will Sweden's top line look like now with Eriksson and Landeskog? Who will be centering them?
Landeskog might play center himself, as he did at times during the lockout. There's actually a lack of centers since Persson and Lundqvist will likely play on the same line. Hjalmarsson was moved to C and seems to be sticking there.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:28 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Leaving out key players for SEL scrubs.

Rahimi, give me a ****ing break.

Where is MPS?

And it's strange that all these Swedish players have no problems playing in the NHL - but when the WC comes around they are all, all of a sudden, way too injured to be able to play.
Who are the available injured players ?

Old
04-30-2013, 04:52 PM
winther88

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Who are the available injured players ?
OEL, Hornqvist, Hedman, Enstrom, Erixon and Backlund.

Backlund really wanted to play but was stopped by Calgary and Enstrom and Hornqvist missed the last couple of games of the season in NHL, so they really are injured.

OEL, Hedman and Erixon all played for their respective teams in the NHL until the end of season though, but was suddenly injured when it was time to represent Team Sweden...

Old
04-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther88 View Post
OEL, Hedman, Enstrom, Erixon and Backlund.

Backlund really wanted to play but was stopped by Calgary and Enstrom missed the last couple of games of the season in NHL, so he really is injured.

OEL, Hedman and Erixon all played for their respective teams in the NHL until the end of season but was suddenly injured when it was time to represent Team Sweden...
Hornqvist also.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:57 PM
winther88

I also must say that it feels incredibly strange that guys like Adam Larsson and MPS, who both really wanted to play, are not part of this roster.

Larsson is miles ahead of scrubs like Rahimi and Viklund and MPS would easily be one of the more talented guys upfront....

Old
04-30-2013, 07:00 PM
joe89

Quote:
I also must say that it feels incredibly strange that guys like Adam Larsson and MPS, who both really wanted to play, are not part of this roster.

Larsson is miles ahead of scrubs like Rahimi and Viklund and MPS would easily be one of the more talented guys upfront....
Agreed on both. I'm a fan of building around Lundqvist and Kronwall, but this is pushing it too far.

There's no point to prove, our best(and second and third best) players play in North America and we need to get our leading players from there. Pointing at previous success without many NHLers is completely off the mark, those were different times when we had lots of solid International calibre players playing in Europe.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Oyabun

This year will live up to all the complaints the token swedish fan has about this tournament.

All is lost

Old
04-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Exit Dose

Any chance that William Karlsson could play?

Old
05-01-2013, 01:54 AM
OOEEL

Quote:
OEL, Hedman and Erixon all played for their respective teams in the NHL until the end of season though, but was suddenly injured when it was time to represent Team Sweden...
OEL took a puck to the foot blocking a shot with fifteen seconds left the season when we were already eliminated from the playoffs, it's not like he's just deciding to take a break.

But speaking of Coyotes players, I see no one's mentioned DR7. With Portland down 2-0 in a best of 5 series, their backs are against the wall. If they're eliminated on Thursday or Friday could Rundblad make his way over for the WCs? Was he even invited?

Old
05-01-2013, 02:38 AM
tade

Guys chill, I'm sure Sweden will be good and strong team as always. You don't need to have a team full of NHL stars to win this tournament.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:40 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
OEL took a puck to the foot blocking a shot with fifteen seconds left the season when we were already eliminated from the playoffs, it's not like he's just deciding to take a break.

But speaking of Coyotes players, I see no one's mentioned DR7. With Portland down 2-0 in a best of 5 series, their backs are against the wall. If they're eliminated on Thursday or Friday could Rundblad make his way over for the WCs? Was he even invited?
Well...they declined Adam Larsson, so I don't see how Rundblad gets an invitation.

Old
05-01-2013, 04:25 AM
Wixztor

Not feeling overly good about the squad as things stand. A few decent players but a lot of question-mark players as well. I could see things go waaay downhill in, say, a quarter final against another top nation.

And Paajarvi. He was pretty much the best player of team Sweden in a World Championship before he went to the NHL in the first place. Now he's somewhat established there, probably improved, but now he's not good enough?

I wonder...

Old
05-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wixztor View Post
Not feeling overly good about the squad as things stand. A few decent players but a lot of question-mark players as well. I could see things go waaay downhill in, say, a quarter final against another top nation.

And Paajarvi. He was pretty much the best player of team Sweden in a World Championship before he went to the NHL in the first place. Now he's somewhat established there, probably improved, but now he's not good enough?

I wonder...
Came here to post this. Paajarvi has been very good in both the World Championships he has played in. And Fälth, Rahimi, Fransson etc over Larsson? I wish Tre Kronor would have gotten their butts kicked during the Czech Hockey Games. It's like people don't get that the competition will soon become tougher. The facebook comments on Aftonbladet about the NHL acquisitions makes me wanna punch a baby... People would have wanted Backlund and Eriksson in net over Enroth and Markstrom? Get real.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:38 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post

OEL declined the WC before the last game because of an injury and then goes on to play a meaningless game. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge OEL fan but that just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I'd much rather have Rundblad than a player like Erik Gustafsson. Doubt it'll happen though..

Quote:
Well...they declined Adam Larsson, so I don't see how Rundblad gets an invitation.
Different type of players.. they declined Larsson because they thought they were already set with defense-first players.. Rundblad is a skill, gamebreaking type of player. I think we should have had both on the team though.

Old
05-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Highlander23

vCash: 50
Any info on Petter Granberg, he seems like the youngest on the roster. How has he developped this year ? good luck to team sweden

Old
05-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Fin9*

Finland and Sweden have both pretty awful rosters. see you guys next year in the 1 Division battling against South Korea and Japan.

Old
05-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Jonteeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin9 View Post
Finland and Sweden have both pretty awful rosters. see you guys next year in the 1 Division battling against South Korea and Japan.
Haha

ONT: Adam Larsson is miles better then most of the current defenceman on the swedish lineup. Both MPS and Omark are more gifted offensively then most of the forwards in the current lineup to.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Ferros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wixztor View Post

I wonder...
Pääjärvi haven't been anywhere close to the best player once we started to meet the better teams in the tournament. From what I remember he scored all (or almost all) his points in the first few games against the weaker opponents and then he faded away as the game got more important in 2010 and in 2011 he just wasn't that good overall. I don't think he is a lot better than what we already have, we need players that can make the difference against teams like Canada, USA, Russia etc and Pääjärvi is not that player.

I would like to know what Mårts has against Omark though, I don't see how you can justify picking Axelsson ahead of him in any way.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Remember Rundblad on big ice?

He won't come to the WC so it doesn't matter but Rundblad is basically built for big ice. He might still be able to make it in the NA, I kind of think/hope so, but I have no doubt that he'd be a beast if going back to playing on big ice.

Closed Thread