HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Drive to Make Games 3,4 and 6* at Ottawa's Scotiabank a home game thread

Old
04-30-2013, 12:47 PM
edsqu

vCash: 500
Trying to swap tickets here now somehow.. I mean if we have to sit there fine..but I don't want to get the toss for cheering for the canadiens in game ****ing 6!!! Looking at buying another 2 tickets and re selling these.. Do you guys think thats feasible? Anyone else up here with us?

edsqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Hullois

Just a reminder to use the promo code gosensgo right when you enter the capital tickets website, there are lots of tickets left reserved for that promotion, and they are at a discounted price.

Also, I had purchased mine at the regular price and was successful at getting the price adjusted afterwards (over the phone).

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Just a reminder to use the promo code gosensgo right when you enter the capital tickets website, there are lots of tickets left reserved for that promotion, and they are at a discounted price.

Also, I had purchased mine at the regular price and was successful at getting the price adjusted afterwards (over the phone).
I just used GOSENSGO to save some money and got a pair for game 6.

I've got tickets to game 5 and 6 now. Habs in 5 would be ideal, so I could save $110 (+gas + food).

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:39 PM
TomPlex

So even with the GOSENSGO coupon, the cheapest is $56 (standing room)?

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:58 PM
MasterD

Quote:

Thanks, got a credit over the phone too. Sucks we have to go through this process, I feel like they tried to screw me off, but at least I get to see the playoffs at the right price now.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:03 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Thanks, got a credit over the phone too. Sucks we have to go through this process, I feel like they tried to screw me off, but at least I get to see the playoffs at the right price now.
Whaaaaaaaaaat? What number did you guys call? And did they give it right away or did they need some convincing?

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Whaaaaaaaaaat? What number did you guys call? And did they give it right away or did they need some convincing?
877-788-FANS (3267) and tell them you had entered the gosensgo promo code but it didn't work and you want the price changed.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I just used GOSENSGO to save some money and got a pair for game 6.

I've got tickets to game 5 and 6 now. Habs in 5 would be ideal, so I could save $110 (+gas + food).
Just give me your tickets to game 6, maudit gratteux!!!

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:28 PM
MasterD

Quote:
877-788-FANS (3267) and tell them you had entered the gosensgo promo code but it didn't work and you want the price changed.
Exactly. But I was actually honest, told them I didn't know about the promotion when I bought them.. the made me wait on the line for a good few minutes, but in the end they refunded me about 50$ and sent me new tickets (.pdf tickets, for some reason I needed new ones it seems). No arguing, but it took about 10 minutes, I guess the woman on the phone needed clearance from a manager.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:46 PM
BLONG7

Just curious, how many Habs fans do you think will be in Ottawa for the 3rd and 4th games?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:00 PM
coolasprICE

Looks more and more like home games for us, good job everyone. Hopefully this thread opened up the idea to at least 1 fan or made a difference... you guys could be the deciding factor in what could be a very tight series!

I WISH I could make it but the games fall on the worst possible times.

You guys should have an HF tailgate. Maybe the Sens board can organize their own tailgate too and both sides can face off in some pick up ball hockey. #hfcheese

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Just curious, how many Habs fans do you think will be in Ottawa for the 3rd and 4th games?
A LOT!

Much easier too get tickets in Ottawa than it is in Montreal
Its worth the 2 hour drive
Cant wait too go too game 4

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
DownGoesBrown.com definitely speaks the truth...

Quote:
#7 Ottawa Senators vs. #2 Montreal Canadiens

The view from Ottawa: They say that an underdog just needs to win one game in front of the other team's fans, which is great news for the Senators since they'll get seven tries.

The view from Montreal: Have already printed up their "2013 Northeast Division Champs" ball caps, in case you were wondering what Carey Price would be wearing on the bench halfway through each game.

Player to watch: Erik Karlsson's injured leg is 100% back to normal, because it was always made out of a glowing metallic substance that makes a weird humming sound so just stop asking about that, OK?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:42 PM
70Stang

Just bought 2 tickets for game 3 and 4 in Ottawa. What is the best hotel to stay at that has a shuttle to the game?

Thanks,

70Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:16 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
It's called a family zone so that guys like me can bring their toddlers without getting beer spilt on him or excessive swearing...
As a father with a 4 year old, I completely agree.

As a guy who was at the forum 40 times between 73 and 83, and never saw young kids, I disagree.

Times change though...

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 06:02 AM
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD
- If you are driving to the arena, and you're in a real hurry to leave the area after the game, you can pre-pay for parking in lot 4. It's $16 (regular parking is $12), but it can save you up to 20 minutes getting out of the place.

- if you're depending on bus transportation, get to your bus stop before the game as early as possible. On regular season game nights, I've had to wait for the third or fourth bus because the first few drove by me filled to the max. If coming from downtown, the 403 stops on Rideau Street 5-6 times between 5:30 and 6:15.

- don't be an *******. If you're tickets are in the Coke zone, drink your alcohol in the concourse during intermission. If you've had a few too many and become overly obnoxious, whether in the Coke zone or anywhere else, I'm sure you'll get thrown out. If you get told to sit down, don't be surprised. If you get involved in a physical fight, whether started by you or a Sens fan, then **** you.

Enjoy the series, enjoy the games, be loud as ****, and take your series loss calmly.

littleD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 06:40 AM
ClasslessGuy

Don't understand why everybody thinks (on sens board) we thing we're going to winthis one easy....

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:28 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Stang View Post
Just bought 2 tickets for game 3 and 4 in Ottawa. What is the best hotel to stay at that has a shuttle to the game?

Thanks,
Wow frankly I don't know of a hotel that runs one. The closest hotel to the stadium is this one:

http://www.brookstreet.ca/

That also happens to be the hotel the players stay in. It's not hard to meet all the players, I do it very frequently. If you guys who aren't staying at the hotel want to try, you have a decent shot at meeting the whole team there.

You're usually looking at $215 a night. You can be clever and priceline it though, I could help you if you don't know how to use priceline. This hotel is the only 4-5 star hotel in the west end of Ottawa (where the stadium is, aka Kanata). So effectively it's easy to bid on it. I think it would also be easy to get it via hotwire by the same method (since again it's the only 4 star in that part of town).

From the Brookstreet, assuming you left for the game early enough, my guess is you'd be looking at a $15-20 cab. But that's leaving early to avoid the worst traffic. There are OC Transpo buses you could take also. I'd have to look that information up. Might also be able to split a cab with someone, I imagine most people staying there are there for the game, or a conference.

If anyone has questions, I live pretty much right there.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Don't understand why everybody thinks (on sens board) we thing we're going to winthis one easy....
Yeah pretty much everybody is concerned with the fact that the sens are a good young team that is really well coached and got two of their best players that were injuried all season long back in time for the playoff, it won't be easy. Habs fans are just enthusiast since we had a pretty nice season and were going into the playoff with home advantage.

Anyway I hope you guys make Ottawa heard all the noise of Montreal fans !

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Stang View Post

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Wow frankly I don't know of a hotel that runs one. The closest hotel to the stadium is this one:

http://www.brookstreet.ca/

That also happens to be the hotel the players stay in. It's not hard to meet all the players, I do it very frequently. If you guys who aren't staying at the hotel want to try, you have a decent shot at meeting the whole team there.

You're usually looking at $215 a night. You can be clever and priceline it though, I could help you if you don't know how to use priceline. This hotel is the only 4-5 star hotel in the west end of Ottawa (where the stadium is, aka Kanata). So effectively it's easy to bid on it. I think it would also be easy to get it via hotwire by the same method (since again it's the only 4 star in that part of town).

From the Brookstreet, assuming you left for the game early enough, my guess is you'd be looking at a $15-20 cab. But that's leaving early to avoid the worst traffic. There are OC Transpo buses you could take also. I'd have to look that information up. Might also be able to split a cab with someone, I imagine most people staying there are there for the game, or a conference.

If anyone has questions, I live pretty much right there.
I wouldn't stay that far from downtown if you plan on staying Sunday to Tuesday, it is very very dead around there. I would book downtown (there are many great hotels, I can help you with that if you want) and then bus to the games.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Those of you who are familiar with Scotiabank seating, where is the best value for price paid?

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Those of you who are familiar with Scotiabank seating, where is the best value for price paid?
Your living room...

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
Your living room...
Thx clown.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Maverik

Well.. I was not kidding... The price the tickets are at now, your best spot is in your living room. You really willing to pay almost 300$ for a pair in the family Coca Cola zone? And spend hours in traffic..

If so, there are no bad seats at SBP. It's a "smaller" arena than the Bell Center, so your never really that far like the high 400s at Bell.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Runner77

Lots of seats in varying price ranges available on Stub Hubs. Single tix only if you buy from the Sens website.