HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Doctor Who: 7th Season - second part starts march 30th--preview inside

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 02:36 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Clara is too good looking for a side kick and it a bt of a distractions sometimes when she in running around in a mini skirt

But trying to figure out what she is or who she is will be interesting

I loved the library scene

Over here in the UK there is more and more speculation that Smith may leave at the christmas special or early next year

Old
04-28-2013, 02:40 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

just three more episodes and then the season is done and we wait till the the 50th aniversery special in November

Old
04-28-2013, 03:51 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

vCash: 500
I don't mind Matt Smith as the Doctor, and I think he was great up until right after Demons run. Watching Smith play an angry, distressed Doctor was great, especially in "The time of Angles", "Flesh and Stone", and "A good Man goes to War". Everything since has been meh, and I really don't like Clara, and it's not because Jenna is a bad actress, it's because I think the character is poorly written to play the Doctors Companion.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
just three more episodes and then the season is done and we wait till the the 50th aniversery special in November
some juicy rumours for the season finale, too.

Spoil:
including the return of the Time Lords

Old
05-01-2013, 05:03 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Just saw S07E05.

Finally! The two biggest misstake in this series are dead. The end of them was the worst in the series too. Rose and Marthas "ends" were about a million times better done, espacilly Rose's. Rory and Amys death felt rushed, it could have been better done, but they had been on the show for too long so i am just glad they are gone.

That said, this season has been good, but not great, awesome or incredible . Lets hope it gets better, and whoever will take their place better not get the same attention as Rory and Amy. Matt Smith is fantastic, but Rory and Amy has made him and the show worse. This is Doctor Who, not rory and amy who.

Will see E06 now!

----------

Alright, E06 was a little bit dissopointing, but so has this series been since Moffat took over. Judging from the rumors, he also seems to be killing the show from the inside, apperantly BBC does not want him running the show anymore and there is huge fights between them in the background. Lets hope the shows pick up a story that sticks through out the season, this formula is getting repetitive.

Last edited by Everlasting: 05-01-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old
05-01-2013, 09:13 AM
theotis77

I hope Moffat is done after this year. He may have written some of the best episodes in the first few seasons, but the show has gone downhill ever since he's taken over. Every episode seems to dissolve into a big mess of incomprehensible nonsense and Deus Ex Machina.

Old
05-01-2013, 04:52 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotis77 View Post
I hope Moffat is done after this year. He may have written some of the best episodes in the first few seasons, but the show has gone downhill ever since he's taken over. Every episode seems to dissolve into a big mess of incomprehensible nonsense and Deus Ex Machina.
i feel the same way.. even last seasons had some head scratchers

Old
05-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Everlasting

The first 5 seasons was better. The story made sense, and each episode played out very well and logically. There were good storys being told through out the seasons, each travel made sense, the character development were also great and there was a big picture. You always found out more about the doctor, the relationship between the companion and their friends/familiy were good too. And it felt like a show about the doctor.

This season(s) has been inferior in all that. Matt Smith is great, he really is, but the scripts...

I still stand for what i wrote at #21.

___

I really do not like how they randomly appear to a new place every episode without a logical reason. It feels like a poor filler. Like the cold war episode. Same with Hide, tho i am not finished watching it. Where is the character stories? Build ups? It's so... rushed.

Last edited by Everlasting: 05-01-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old
05-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Everlasting

A good article about the topic of what i wrote^: http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/30/st...ho-showrunner/

Old
05-03-2013, 07:01 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

just read about the doctor revealing his name

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv...ed-button.html

Old
05-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Mischa
Archie, Marry Me

vCash: 162
thomas thomas

Old
05-04-2013, 06:26 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Simon View Post
thomas thomas
Do they have Tom Tom in America? If not most wont get the joke

Old
05-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Mischa
Archie, Marry Me

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Do they have Tom Tom in America? If not most wont get the joke
yup thats why I laughed. its that and garmin

Old
05-04-2013, 08:57 PM
theotis77

This show is so much better with Vastra, Strax and Jenny.

Old
05-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Everlasting

Finally we get some character development stuff. Too bad it was rushed, porly written and put on the end like that. Otherwise, an okay episode. Would love some more space stuff tho, we have gotten way too much earth episodes lately.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Love...love Clara, but the stories overall have been meh.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:42 AM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotis77 View Post
This show is so much better with Vastra, Strax and Jenny.
Agreed. Strax getting ready to shoot the horse was hilarious.

Old
05-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
A good article about the topic of what i wrote^: http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/30/st...ho-showrunner/
This sums up so, so well what I haven't been able to put to words as to why I haven't enjoyed this show since Matt Smith took over as Doctor and Moffat was in charge. Excellent find.

As it is I'm all caught up save for The Crimson Horror and I can't get into this. Jenna is so damn adorable but as a show there is nothing between her and Smith and nothing between Clara and Who. It's just not the same, amazing and fun show it was. Now it's just a popcorn serial.

It also feels like the effects have somehow gotten worse.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:25 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
As much as I vehemently disagree with points 4, 5 and 6 in that article - I do agree that he's a better writer than a show-runner. As the creator of individual episodes, I would argue there hasn't been a better writer in the entire 50 year history than Moffat - but his seasons as a whole have real problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post

It also feels like the effects have somehow gotten worse.
They may have gotten worse since Season 5, but they're five leagues better than they ever were in the RTD era. It's not even close to close.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:26 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Double post...

Old
05-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Everlasting

I think a huge problem with Moffats Doctor Who is that the way it treats the overall story, character development and character relations. Those are all three very important elements into putting out more emotions and lasting feelings for the show and characters.
  1. Who is Clara? Friends? Family? Life? How does she feel and what kind of person is she?
    Can someone answer those questions? Becuse I cannot. The thing with the earlier seasons was that everything was logical. Rose/Martha and The Doctor always traveled somewhere, becuse of something, and it made sense. The companions relations with the real world was clear. They had familys, friends and their lifes to deal with. The fact they disspeared for several days with a strange man was huge for their family and friends. This interactions made us feel for the characters, we understood them better and we developed feelings. It actully felt like a human being traveled with an alien. And it was that which i loved, and it was that which was so cool combined with The Doctor, the other storys and everything else. The companions played an important role, and their storys was also important and central to the story.

We have seen Clara in what? 5-7 episodes now, and we dont understand her and have any of that. She wants to travel, she babysits and her mother is dead. THATS it. She and the doctor just randomly appears for no apprent reason at a random place in the beginning of every episode, just like a filler episode. Hell, she even found out that she was going to die/become a monster, and she was like... "okay"
  1. The overall story
    If you take Moffats way to deal with the characters and their story, and combine that with the way he deals with the overall story of each season, you have a much more less enjoyable TV show. A LOT feels like filler episodes, you do not develop feelings for the characters and the show has fewer highlights.

This is my take. Offcourse there is more to improve, but this is a central issue in my opinion.

Last edited by Everlasting: 05-10-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old
05-10-2013, 12:55 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

i've read many speculations on who Clara is
Some say it's the Doctors Daughter, River Song, or another Time Lord

Old
05-10-2013, 04:58 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soya_sauce_chicken View Post
i've read many speculations on who Clara is
Some say it's the Doctors Daughter, River Song, or another Time Lord
The doctors daughter is Jenny, who we haven't really heard Anything of since the early days of 10. I doubt it's her, as I don't think she can regenerate, or was that ever explained?

I also don't think it's another time lord either, mainly because the doctor would have learnt from his past mistake with the Master and would have checked for signs of Clara being a time lord (I.e, 2 Hearts, Regenerative capabilities, the watch).

As for River song, no thank you. River songs story has played out, and I would be disappointed to see Clara be River after Rivers major character arch just finished not to long ago.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:40 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
The doctors daughter is Jenny, who we haven't really heard Anything of since the early days of 10. I doubt it's her, as I don't think she can regenerate, or was that ever explained?

I also don't think it's another time lord either, mainly because the doctor would have learnt from his past mistake with the Master and would have checked for signs of Clara being a time lord (I.e, 2 Hearts, Regenerative capabilities, the watch).

As for River song, no thank you. River songs story has played out, and I would be disappointed to see Clara be River after Rivers major character arch just finished not to long ago.
They never mentioned anything after she "died" in that episode. But since she was created by the same DNA.. they could have left it open/ambiguous to the many possibilities

As we've seen so far, The Doctor hasn't really checked her physiology yet so for all we know she can still be a time lord

Agree. Would hate it to be another River Song arch.. ughhh.. onlly thing i loved about her was.. SPOILERS lol

Old
05-10-2013, 06:42 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

River Song is back in the final episode

we know that either river song or rose gave clara the phone number in the bells

Closed Thread