HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton 1st

Old
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Leafsforlife98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Thats a fair offer drop your homer glasses for once
Thank you

Leafsforlife98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Gardiner for 7th..thats the deal if Gardiner shows well in series with Boston and Toronto wants a Centre this draft its way more than fair for both sides.

Toronto then deals 7th + 20th to move up 2-3 spots to draft the player they want..
Honeslty, I am a Leaf Fan and I dont think that Gardiner alone could net us the 7th overall pick in a deep draft. That is why I added Kulemin and an Edmonton future 2nd round pick. Edmonton was looking to acquire Kulemin early in the season for a 2nd round pick after he had a career low season. His value IMO has increased this year. Not to the point of the year before last but a decent value none the less for Edmonton. So the added value of Kulemin, who would work amazingly with Yakupov should get the deal done IMO. I honestly think it works for both teams.

Leafsforlife98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
McDoused

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Some rumors has it that Hemsky and the 7th OA Pick is going to Phoenix in exchange for Yandle and 12th OA Pick. Oilers 2nd pick is also going to the Dogs along with Ewanyk and Musil in exchange for Sammuelson and Connor Murphy. The Oilers want Lazar with the 12th pick. Just a rumor I read.

Yandle
Sammuelson
Connor Murphy
Phoenix 12th OA pick (Oilers take Lazar)

Edmonton 7th OA pick
Hemsky
Musil
Ewanyk
Oilers 2nd Round Pick (37th OA)
I don't see the Yotes giving up Yandle just to move up 5 spots. It is interesting though because we do know that the Oilers like Samuelsson and the 12th might be able to get us Lazar.

McDoused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I don't see the Yotes giving up Yandle just to move up 5 spots. It is interesting though because we do know that the Oilers like Samuelsson and the 12th might be able to get us Lazar.
Overall it's a terrible strategy to trade down just because the guy you really love can't be justified where you are picking. I'm not bashing this trade scenario overall but I keep hearing the Oilers want to trade down to get Lazar. It smacks of picking the guy for the wrong reasons.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
ok what about

Edm

Myers
Ott

Buff

7th pick
hemsky
gernat
hartikinan

gives Buf lots of solid prospects for rebuild and a top 10 pick and a bridge player who if can stay healthy puts up points.
As I said to get Myers you will need to give up Eberle, Hall, Yakupov, or RNH. Myers is still very young at 23. Buffalo isnt going to trade him as part of a rebuild.

Germat--pass---Id rather take Klefbom.

If Buffalo is rebuilding they arent going to take a player back who could walk in one year in Hemsky.

buffalo isn't going to give up Ott so easily. He is a strong leader type player they want to keep.

If Buffalo was to trade Ott their Dman Mike Weber would be a package deal. They are effectively brothers. When Weber was in OHL, Ott's parents took care of him.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:26 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Some rumors has it that Hemsky and the 7th OA Pick is going to Phoenix in exchange for Yandle and 12th OA Pick. Oilers 2nd pick is also going to the Dogs along with Ewanyk and Musil in exchange for Sammuelson and Connor Murphy. The Oilers want Lazar with the 12th pick. Just a rumor I read.

Yandle
Sammuelson
Connor Murphy

Edmonton 7th OA pick
Hemsky
Musil
Ewanyk
Where did you read this do you have a link then, if not then I can't believe. When was the last time that many pieces were moved in a deal.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Gardiner for 7th..thats the deal if Gardiner shows well in series with Boston and Toronto wants a Centre this draft its way more than fair for both sides.

Toronto then deals 7th + 20th to move up 2-3 spots to draft the player they want..
I don't care how well Gardiner shows in the playoffs, I am not moving the 7th pick for him.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:35 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
As I said to get Myers you will need to give up Eberle, Hall, Yakupov, or RNH. Myers is still very young at 23. Buffalo isnt going to trade him as part of a rebuild.

Germat--pass---Id rather take Klefbom.

If Buffalo is rebuilding they arent going to take a player back who could walk in one year in Hemsky.

buffalo isn't going to give up Ott so easily. He is a strong leader type player they want to keep.

If Buffalo was to trade Ott their Dman Mike Weber would be a package deal. They are effectively brothers. When Weber was in OHL, Ott's parents took care of him.
How on earth is Myers worth one of Hall, Eberle, Yak or RNH. As far as Ott and Weber go, when a GM wants to make a deal he doesn't think oh Ott is like Weber's big brother I better trade them together. Thanks for the laugh

Old
05-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:

Yandle
Sammuelson
Connor Murphy

Edmonton 7th OA pick
Hemsky
Musil
Ewanyk
That looks all kinds of horrible for PHX. No way do they consider that. I also think Lazar will be available later than that, but it's impossible to gauge the value of a trade back scenario without knowing who is on the board.

Would BUF do Vanek straight up for the pick? I know people will scoff at moving the pick for (potentially) 1 season of him, but that's an entire year to negotiate an extension. Not exactly the grit MacT was talking about but he has good size and great hands around the net. Would look good with Nuge and Ebs.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Overall it's a terrible strategy to trade down just because the guy you really love can't be justified where you are picking. I'm not bashing this trade scenario overall but I keep hearing the Oilers want to trade down to get Lazar. It smacks of picking the guy for the wrong reasons.
With Edmonton...if you have a player you really like but he seems to be projected 13-15th...taking him at 7th and passing over other players could come back to haunt a GM.

The same thing is done with the NFL...you wanted to draft a player where he is perceived as where he should be going not where your pick is.

Part of this is financial because you would inherently be paying for for a player at 7th rather than 14th.

With the trade could mean getting a player that could help the team now.

Edmonton has had enough top 10 picks. they need depth players to add to the team.

they area candidate who could trade down to a team around 16-23 where in return they get a player who would help them now.

One example would be:

EDM #7 to TOR/BOS/Other playoff team for their pick + a player who could step in now and play.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
How on earth is Myers worth one of Hall, Eberle, Yak or RNH. As far as Ott and Weber go, when a GM wants to make a deal he doesn't think oh Ott is like Weber's big brother I better trade them together. Thanks for the laugh
Based on his potential. He is still 23 and still projects to be a #1 Dman. Buffalo will not move him unless it is for fair full market potential of his skills. He isnt being sold on the cheap for spare parts...

Old
05-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Would BUF do Vanek straight up for the pick? I know people will scoff at moving the pick for (potentially) 1 season of him, but that's an entire year to negotiate an extension. Not exactly the grit MacT was talking about but he has good size and great hands around the net. Would look good with Nuge and Ebs.
It would cost more than just the #7 pick to get Vanek.

It will cost a 1st + 2 young players. The players could go down if the pick value is higher.

It would likely be pick #7 + MPS at least.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
Where did you read this do you have a link then, if not then I can't believe. When was the last time that many pieces were moved in a deal.
My thoughts too. That has so many parts, it sounds like fan fantasy more than a legit rumour. I too would like a link to this rumour.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Tripod

Quote:
With Edmonton...if you have a player you really like but he seems to be projected 13-15th...taking him at 7th and passing over other players could come back to haunt a GM.

The same thing is done with the NFL...you wanted to draft a player where he is perceived as where he should be going not where your pick is.

Part of this is financial because you would inherently be paying for for a player at 7th rather than 14th.

Edmonton has had enough top 10 picks. they need depth players to add to the team.

they area candidate who could trade down to a team around 16-23 where in return they get a player who would help them now.

One example would be:

EDM #7 to TOR/BOS/Other playoff team for their pick + a player who could step in now and play.
Edm #7 and a 2nd rounder to Philly for #11 and Matt Read.
Edmonton trades down further to get Lazar and adds a 20 goal, 50 point guy.
Philly moves up to get Nurse and gets a 2nd for Read...who is worth a late first.
thoughts?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Edmonton trades down further to get Lezar and adds a 20 goal, 50 point guy.
Philly moves up to get Nurse and gets a 2nd for Read...who is worth a late first.
thoughts?
If Read=late first round pick then that would be close to a fair value.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Nolan11

Gagner + 7-8th overall for Pavelski and Braun

Or

MPS + 7-8th overall for Pavelski

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
My thoughts too. That has so many parts, it sounds like fan fantasy more than a legit rumour. I too would like a link to this rumour.
Its rare---but I have seen trades of 3 players for 4 players...they may happen once every couple of years.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Beerfish

Quote:

One example would be:

That is the cardinal sin in the NFL. If you like a player that much you take him where you are and forget about appearances. The fact of the matter is that if you trade down, get cute and the guy you really wanted gets taken before you, you have screwed up big time.

I have no problem with a traded down if you have a half dozen players you are okay with taking lower down but if they actually really want lazar then you don't trade down. Perhaps you traded up to try and get him later on.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Edmonton trades down further to get Lazar and adds a 20 goal, 50 point guy.
thoughts?
...why would the Flyers do this?

If you're that desperate to move up, and Edmonton is willing to move down, just do a pick swap:

11th + 72nd for 7th
or
11th + 41st for 7th + something [EDM lacks a 2013 3rd--that would seem pretty close value-wise]

No interest in moving Read to jump 4 spots (and get a ~15 percent chance of landing a decent NHL player in the 2nd round).

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
The reason most teams trade down in the NFL is salary cap issues. They need to acquire cheap talent so they stock pile as many picks in that years draft as they can. See the Raiders as an example

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
The reason most teams trade down in the NFL is salary cap issues. They need to acquire cheap talent so they stock pile as many picks in that years draft as they can. See the Raiders as an example
the trade down because they get more players.

Now with constrained rookie salary slots in place....the cost of the pick is not an issue.

In the past this played a role because a pick high would cost a ton in $$$---thus too much risk. Not true now.

The Raiders needs to trade down because they needed more players to make up for what they traded away.

The Bills picked EJ Manuel. they traded down to 16 from 8. they could have traded down further like to 31 where San Fran was but then a team in the 2nd round could easily junp over to take the player they wanted. Had they had an offer to move down to around 11nd they would have. Its much more expensive to move from top of the 2nd to 20 than it is to move from the mid 30s to the high 20s.

Old
05-01-2013, 03:05 PM
iam76

What about something built around Kulikov + prospect or mathias for 7th + prospect or Parv

iam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:15 PM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam76 View Post
What about something built around Kulikov + prospect or mathias for 7th + prospect or Parv
I think it would have to be more like

Edm - Kulikov

Fla - 7th overall, Harti, Musil

and still don't know if that gets Kulikov prob have to give up PRV in the deal aswell

Would prob do what have to, to get Kulikov if it doesnt include the big 5 and Gagner

Last edited by OnTheBrink: 05-01-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spl
OnTheBrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Oilwings

Quote:
I can't find it anymore. We probably all know that the Oilers covet Samuelsson. Oilers move back and still get whom they want. Ewanyk's game might not translate into an NHL game. They give up a 2nd round pick to get Samuelsson. So it really only cost them Musil. Don't forget Connor Murphy was a former 1st round pick and was a teamate of Yakupov and played very good for Team USA. This also gets rid of Hemsky's contract which they want and get an actual #1 Dman. Again it's something I read and I did not make it up. It's probably a draft day trade.

PS: remember MacT wants 6-8 new players for next season and is trying to make a bold move.

Oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:03 AM
lanky

Quote:
I can't find it anymore. We probably all know that the Oilers covet Samuelsson. Oilers move back and still get whom they want. Ewanyk's game might not translate into an NHL game. They give up a 2nd round pick to get Samuelsson. So it really only cost them Musil. Don't forget Connor Murphy was a former 1st round pick and was a teamate of Yakupov and played very good for Team USA. This also gets rid of Hemsky's contract which they want and get an actual #1 Dman. Again it's something I read and I did not make it up. It's probably a draft day trade.

PS: remember MacT wants 6-8 new players for next season and is trying to make a bold move.
Yes, it's clear why an Oilers fan should like that proposal. It's not clear why a Coyotes fan would like it.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote