HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
05-01-2013, 10:21 AM

vCash: 500
I don't know if I got there too early or late...but the Sens pep rally at City Hall was pathetic yesterday lol

there was like 40 people there lol...

Man, I hope the Habs don't lose this series...i'm going to have leave the city for the rest of the summer at least

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:23 AM
CaptainGiggles
Summer Can Distract

Since karlsson has returned, he hasn't been as fast or as good defensively. He's a bit rusty and needs to train during the summer to regain what he is capable of. So, I don't think Karlsson will be as much of a factor as people are saying (other than on the powerplay). He's made some terrible defensive plays. A lot of our young guys look absolutely gassed (Silfverberg, Turris etc). Anderson isn't in the same stratosphere as Carey Price but has had a much better season; again, playoffs are different. Our defense is overrated. Outside of the pk, our defense is awful. The amount of times I've watched us get hemmed into our own zone is ridiculous (especially with Phillips on the ice). Neil is only one guy, and is sometimes prone to taking dumb penalties at key moments. Most of our shots that rebound in front of the net never amount to anything because we never have anyone in the right places. Latendresse is a small man in a body he doesn't use. Michalek is invisible without Spezza. I've watched every single sens game this year and tried to maintain a neutral perspective when thinking about the performance of this team. We are not "elite defensively", we have zero offense and above average goaltending. What this team does have is a lot of heart. The series could go either way, but I expect a habs win this year.
Maybe next year when we have more experience and are lucky with health, we'll make some sort of run. For now, habs in 6.

CaptainGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
Since karlsson has returned, he hasn't been as fast or as good defensively. He's a bit rusty and needs to train during the summer to regain what he is capable of. So, I don't think Karlsson will be as much of a factor as people are saying (other than on the powerplay). He's made some terrible defensive plays. A lot of our young guys look absolutely gassed (Silfverberg, Turris etc). Anderson isn't in the same stratosphere as Carey Price but has had a much better season; again, playoffs are different. Our defense is overrated. Outside of the pk, our defense is awful. The amount of times I've watched us get hemmed into our own zone is ridiculous (especially with Phillips on the ice). Neil is only one guy, and is sometimes prone to taking dumb penalties at key moments. Most of our shots that rebound in front of the net never amount to anything because we never have anyone in the right places. Latendresse is a small man in a body he doesn't use. Michalek is invisible without Spezza. I've watched every single sens game this year and tried to maintain a neutral perspective when thinking about the performance of this team. We are not "elite defensively", we have zero offense and above average goaltending. What this team does have is a lot of heart. The series could go either way, but I expect a habs win this year.
Maybe next year when we have more experience and are lucky with health, we'll make some sort of run. For now, habs in 6.
Alot of this is true...but I think what scares me as a Habs fan seeing my team face the Sens..

The Sens don't/won't beat themselves...they may not score a lot of goals, but they are very, very well coached and disciplined and rarely have bad games where they are completely outclassed.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
CaptainGiggles
Summer Can Distract

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Alot of this is true...but I think what scares me as a Habs fan seeing my team face the Sens..

The Sens don't/won't beat themselves...they may not score a lot of goals, but they are very, very well coached and disciplined and rarely have bad games where they are completely outclassed.
Yeah. I'm just trying to say that Sens aren't the favourites in the series is all. There are Sens fans that are well aware of the faults with the team. That said, I hope there aren't any catastrophic injuries for either team.. And uhh... Go sens lol

CaptainGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
This is a public announcement from Senatron:

"Hey Sens Army, Senatron Here... I'm ready for more! More hits from Neil! More saves from Anderson!... And Alfie. Need I say anything more? Not much."
Was that last part in English?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
Yeah. I'm just trying to say that Sens aren't the favourites in the series is all. There are Sens fans that are well aware of the faults with the team. That said, I hope there aren't any catastrophic injuries for either team.. And uhh... Go sens lol
Well I have to agree here, the Sens are the underdogs...if any of that matters.

With all due respect to the Sens team, and again I have alot of respect for how solid of a team they are, but if the Habs can find a way to shut down Turris (he should be the focus, not Karlsson) then I think the Sens will really struggle to generate anything offensively.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Senatron... my God if I were a Sens fan I'd be embarrassed. They should mothball that abomination quickly.

They'd be better off using the Paul Maclean clone for their mascot.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
This is a public announcement from Senatron:

"Hey Sens Army, Senatron Here... I'm ready for more! More hits from Neil! More saves from Anderson!... And Alfie. Need I say anything more? Not much."
To be fair, the artist known as Senatron has been a hockey/Sens fan for maybe 2 years, 3 at the absolute most, and was looking to leverage a red coloured Hallowe'en costume into some kind of thing.

He's a nice enough guy, but it has been a rocky attempt to become a hockey superfan.

Last edited by skule123: 05-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.
skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Senatron... my God if I were a Sens fan I'd be embarrassed. They should mothball that abomination quickly.

They'd be better off using the Paul Maclean clone for their mascot.
lol few fanbases are as corny as Sens fans...I tell my buddies that all the time lol

But I must say, the Sens fanbase is growing stronger as the years go by. Alot of the former Habs/Leafs fans are starting to fade out.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I just got a laugh from the experts video at The Globe and Fail .

Our national birdcage liner has 4 experts all loving the Leafs chances and even gave us this impossible gem from Jeff Blair:

'The Leafs will be the only Canadian team to make it to round 2'

The Habs are now the Rodney Dangerfield of the playoffs. (And perhaps lost their Canadian city status according to Blair)

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Xzotik*

I have a GUT feeling that Ryder will be an important factor in this serie. I believe he plays well againts the Sens and will blast couple of Goals past Anderson!

Xzotik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:47 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post

Our national birdcage liner has 4 experts all loving the Leafs chances and even gave us this impossible gem from Jeff Blair:

The Habs are now the Rodney Dangerfield of the playoffs. (And perhaps lost their Canadian city status according to Blair)
wha???

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

You'd think that Karlsson is the second coming of Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos by all of this BS and hype by the media. Sure he came back early. Maybe even too early. He isn't on the same level as he was last year because he clearly isn't 100%. Maybe if he was a Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos then I could believe that he could change the series with just his presence. But he isn't. This hype is ridiculous.

I want the habs to win this series so badly you have no idea. Not just win, but stomp. Just to stick it in the faces of all those panel "Experts". Very frustrating getting zero respect in the league year after year. The only good thing about all of this is that it hopefully takes some pressure off. But I think its absolutely ridiculous that the Sens are a clear consensus pick to win the series.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post

What if the Canadiens or the Sens win?

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:52 AM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal961 View Post
You'd think that Karlsson is the second coming of Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos by all of this BS and hype by the media. Sure he came back early. Maybe even too early. He isn't on the same level as he was last year because he clearly isn't 100%. Maybe if he was a Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos then I could believe that he could change the series with just his presence. But he isn't. This hype is ridiculous.

I want the habs to win this series so badly you have no idea. Not just win, but stomp. Just to stick it in the faces of all those panel "Experts". Very frustrating getting zero respect in the league year after year. The only good thing about all of this is that it hopefully takes some pressure off. But I think its absolutely ridiculous that the Sens are a clear consensus pick to win the series.

Even split.

05-01-2013, 10:52 AM
MJG

Quote:
I don't know if I got there too early or late...but the Sens pep rally at City Hall was pathetic yesterday lol

there was like 40 people there lol...

Man, I hope the Habs don't lose this series...i'm going to have leave the city for the rest of the summer at least
Pep Rally? HAHAHAHA. Were they filming an episode of Glee?

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Ceux de Montreal
help

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:02 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post

Even split.
Still here?

Quote:
Sens fan in agreement. Not crashing your party here, leaving as soon as this post is done. But I'm getting sick and tired of hearing Karlsson this and Subban that. Last I checked, there are 23 players on each team.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
That's going to be difficult to do and it can open up the Habs to quick counter attacks with Karlsson leading the rush and that's really where he's at his most dangerous

I hope the Habs don't go out of their way to try to neutralize Karlsson...as great of a player as I think Karlsson is (and truthfully, I think he's a top 3-5 player in the game today) I don't think he can beat the Habs himself.

Force the Sens to try an alter their game to stop the Habs...yes, Karlsson is great...but so is Subban, Habs have their weapons too.
Oh I fully agree that it cannot be the focus of our game plan. However, I think that if the Habs can shake Karlsson up, he will be a bit more tentative out there, which takes away from the Sens transition play and makes it easier for the Habs to regain control of the puck. They just need to apy extra attention to finishing their checks on the forecheck when Karlsson has the puck.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

Quote:

Even split.
Oh yeah, sorry my information doesn't completely rely on what NHL.com says. I sincerely apologize. How could I have been so wrong to not check NHL.com before I post. What would I have ever done if you wouldn't have been so quick to correct me?

Shouldn't you be busy over on the Sens board preparing your daily post about how Karlsson already deserves a hockey hall of fame nomination?

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
They have a bigger budget than I thought.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 1h #Habs lines: Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque Galchenyuk/Eller/Gallagher Moen/White/Prust Weber/Halpern/Armstrong

Looks like the 4th line will include White and Moen. I guess that may be to counter the Neil Smith Kassian line Ottawa had at practice yesterday. I could see Halpern subbing in for White at some point.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
What if the Canadiens or the Sens win?
That's why I laughed. One of those teams must go to the second round. Blair is drunk on koolaid .

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
roy munson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 1h #Habs lines: Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque Galchenyuk/Eller/Gallagher Moen/White/Prust Weber/Halpern/Armstrong...
I expect Moen to play at 200% of what he played this season.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote