HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How are you showing your support?

Old
05-01-2013, 09:19 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

vCash: 500
On my commute to work today, I didn't see much Leafs gear unfortunately.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:39 AM
gtforepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckMagi View Post
you should let them watch OT if it goes there.... school sucks anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLblue75 View Post
Let them watch OT
Well, they're 7 and 5, but I'll let the wife know it's the will of HFboards and we'll see if that flies.

gtforepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Leafsforlife98

I am in Taiwan right now, and I have forced everyone to jump on the Bandwagon. I have painted the BLUE MAPLE LEAF on my face and run around my university screaming GO LEAFS GO in the robotic Rob Ford style. Since I am BIG, they have no choice but to chear for the Leafs TOO. I got ALL OF TAIWAN dreaming of a LEAFS victory. That's about all I can do

Leafsforlife98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:42 AM
satyr9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
I've literally only seen two car flags in the GTA, and I commute every day. It's really weird, it's like people can't believe they're in. Or maybe many in the new generation (current teens, early twenties) is apathetic and too hipster () while the older generation lost interest with the drought.
Me too. I was sure I'd see a bunch on the way in this morning, but the only one I saw was this insanely beat up VW that looked like it hadn't been out of the garage since the last time the Leafs were in the playoffs. Is it possible you can make a car that runs on fan support?

I'm guessing no one made new ones this year so the only people with flags are those who kept them in a cupboard for the last decade. If so that would explain why I've seen so few of 'em. Or they didn't finalize their order 'til the Leafs clinched, so there are a couple hundred thousand in a shipping container in the mid-pacific on the way here from China right now.

satyr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:54 AM
garyjones93

vCash: 499
Well I have to co to traffic court Friday. So gunna wear my leaf tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
I am in Taiwan right now, and I have forced everyone to jump on the Bandwagon. I have painted the BLUE MAPLE LEAF on my face and run around my university screaming GO LEAFS GO in the robotic Rob Ford style. Since I am BIG, they have no choice but to chear for the Leafs TOO. I got ALL OF TAIWAN dreaming of a LEAFS victory. That's about all I can do
I like this.

garyjones93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:59 AM
The Big D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamonos Pest View Post
A part of me wishes I could just enjoy the Leafs game at home, in front of the big screen, blast it on high volume, with a nice cold six pack while I don my fresh Lupul jersey.

Sadly, I'm going to the bar to watch it, with crappy corner TVs, and really expensive beer. BUT I GOTTA SHOW SUPPORT FOR THE BOYS!
I used to feel that way, then I got old and just stay home in front of the big screen anyway.
I got a car flag for each the wife & I (mines already ripped) and rocking the KESSEL home jersey every game day.

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:01 AM
The Big D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtforepro View Post
Well, they're 7 and 5, but I'll let the wife know it's the will of HFboards and we'll see if that flies.
LET THEM WATCH THE LEAFS... Moments like staying up late watching OT in the playoffs at a young age is exactly how you become a die-hard fan of a team.

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
LET THEM WATCH THE LEAFS... Moments like staying up late watching OT in the playoffs at a young age is exactly how you become a die-hard fan of a team.
When I was young and that was a long time (before the age of VCRs and such), if I had to go to bed before the end of a Leafs playoff game, my dad would use my cassette recorder to record the sound of the TV and I would listen to it the next morning. So, could you record the remainder of the game on a VCR or DVR for them to watch the next morning?

Just a note: In those days, playoff games started at 8:00 local time, so while I could usually stay up for a game in the east, a game in the Central Time Zone didn't start until 9:00 and one in the Pacific Time Zone didn't start until 11::00.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
the people telling you to let them stay up probably aren't married; so they don't get that you don't really have a say.

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

vCash: 891
Same as usual. By being super defensive about the Leafs

Thee Implication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:30 AM
gtforepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
I'm going to tuck that line away for later. Remember, this isn't entirely my call. I must convince the Big Boss, namely their mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
When I was young and that was a long time (before the age of VCRs and such), if I had to go to bed before the end of a Leafs playoff game, my dad would use my cassette recorder to record the sound of the TV and I would listen to it the next morning. So, could you record the remainder of the game on a VCR or DVR for them to watch the next morning?

Just a note: In those days, playoff games started at 8:00 local time, so while I could usually stay up for a game in the east, a game in the Central Time Zone didn't start until 9:00 and one in the Pacific Time Zone didn't start until 11::00.
Yeah, it was 8:00 starts for me too. Yeah, DVR is an option now. Or Game in an Hour...not quite the same as when it's happening live though.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:31 AM
gtforepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
the people telling you to let them stay up probably aren't married; so they don't get that you don't really have a say.
100% correct.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Flag on the car today finally, I think they probably lost the first game because I didn't have it on yet. Car was getting repaired in my defence.

So.. fess up, which one of you lives at 780 Merton Street? If you live in the Young/Davisville area, take a detour if you're passing by, Merton just west of Bayview, maybe a dozen houses in, north side. We got ourselves a true believer there, house Leaf'ed up nicely.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Ari91

I'm surprised many of you are saying that you haven't really seen much support around the city. I live in the city, I work in Midtown and I have a ton of family spread across the GTA and all of us have seen blue and white everywhere we go. It's not a parade of blue and white up and down the streets but I've seen so many jerseys, hats, sweaters, jackets, etc. on the streets. I have seen far more apparel than I have car flags which is kind of surprising to me because the boyfriend asked me to pick up a car flag for him because he lost the contraption that you attach to the window and so he ended up taking it apart and just framing the flag for his 'man cave'. Now I can't find a damn car flag anywhere I go and I'm wondering if it's just my bad luck that I go into every store that is all sold out or if there really is none left in the city. One of my cousins in the GTA can't find one either.

I went to a few Canadian Tires and Leafs flags were all sold out but they had a ton of Habs flags. I contemplated buying the Habs flag and just replacing the flag with the Leafs flag in the frame but then worried that my boyfriend would get all superstitious on me and think that spending any money on something with a Habs logo is some kind of bad omen so I didn't buy it.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:54 PM
achtungbaby

I wore my Boston Bruins underwear today after eating about 5 burritos with extra cheese the night before. The line to pat me on the back forms to the right.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:32 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Bam.

http://instagram.com/p/Y1JARgRkan/

Mohawk is blue. Go Leafs Go.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Boogee134

Leafs hat.

But I'm in Quebec City, so I trashtalk a lot with the friends, everyone here knows I'm a Leafs fan, so when they lose, not funny at all. But when they win and the Habs lose.

Boogee134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:45 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
I contribute by taking off early all game days to catch the games.

Not much I can really do out west - car would get vandalized if I put a Leafs flag on it.

go_leafs_go02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:59 AM
DionPhaneuf3

Wear my leafs jersey, hoody everywhere i go. Along with my leafs Cap or Touqe. Giant leafs flag in my bedroom. Plus my amazingly comfortable maple leafs blanket.

DionPhaneuf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:05 AM
CincoHolio
Tears of AGONY!

Wait for the first win, then you'll see more flags. Traditionally they come out more and more as success is achieved and in particular after a series win.

CincoHolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Daisy Joy
Jerry D'asigo

I always wear my Leafs shirt and hoody to work, on game day. I dare not wear my new Sundin Jersey (i work with boxes, It will totally get dirty).

actually on the bus coming home from work, I saw someone wearing #14 (but I couldn't see who's name it was). and I was gobsmacked. LOL I don't see a lot of Leaf fans here in Calgary.

Daisy Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Clark4Ever

Quote:

Clark4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote