HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(3) Washington Capitals VS (6) New York Rangers (Schedule in Post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2013, 09:41 AM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
There is a reason Glen Sather has been our GM for so long, too.

Sometimes people make ****** decisions.

I don't know a single person who likes Buck, who's twice as bad as Doc.
The people who decide who does the games like him. I'll ask you, did you turn off the WS or NFC Championship game because you do not like Buck? Know anyone who did?

Old
05-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
The people who decide who does the games like him. I'll ask you, did you turn off the WS or NFC Championship game because you do not like Buck? Know anyone who did?
I know a lot of people who mute their television because of bad broadcasting. What's your point? People enjoy sports enough to suffer through Emerick or Buck?

I'm not an Emerick fan at all but I watch games he does because I have no other option, as soon as I find another option I'll definitely take it. Hell I may even set up a proxy so I can watch TSN feeds instead.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:56 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
There is a reason Emerick was the #1 broadcaster for Fox, then NBC, now NBCS. Same for Buck with Fox. Criticize when it is warranted. THe criticism of Emerick and Buck is laughable.
So essentially any opinion that differs from Fox and NBC is laughable? Wow I think you lend WAY too much credit to the decision makers at TV networks who are notorious for being complete morons. That doesn't mean I think Doc is bad or boring it just means your reasoning is something I definitely disagree with. TV execs and program directors are not synonymous with competence and sound decision making...if anything it's the oppossite.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
When Giants, Redskins, and Eagles fans are saying Aikman was the highlight of the broadcast, you know something is terribly wrong.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
I have always liked Jim Hughson. He's probably my favorite hockey broadcaster.
Outside of the Rangers crew he has to be one of my favorites as well I always like listening to his calls. Maybe because i remember from the old NHL games

Old
05-01-2013, 10:04 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brassard has never played in the playoffs. He had a shoulder injury when Columbus got swept in 2009. Moore was drafted when Columbus lost to the Wings. Last season was DZ's first playoff experience. He didn't play in 2011. Stepan is the key. Richards is a good playoff player. Stepan had 1 goal and 8 assists last spring. That's not good enough.
I agree, but Stepan is nowhere close to the player he was last season. And I'd rather have Nash as our horse than Gaborik.

I'm really worried having Eminger in the lineup. I know he's been solid, but that's my biggest concern right now. Hoping Staal can make it back for at least game 2. Even if he doesn't play big minutes, he will be a much better option. McD and Girardi will need to be awesome.

Also, Stralman really stepped up in our run last year. Hoping he is one of those guys that thrives in the playoffs. I know i'll be lambasted for this, but Boyle is also one of those guys and we will miss him.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
I agree, but Stepan is nowhere close to the player he was last season. And I'd rather have Nash as our horse than Gaborik.

I'm really worried having Eminger in the lineup. I know he's been solid, but that's my biggest concern right now. Hoping Staal can make it back for at least game 2. Even if he doesn't play big minutes, he will be a much better option. McD and Girardi will need to be awesome.

Also, Stralman really stepped up in our run last year. Hoping he is one of those guys that thrives in the playoffs. I know i'll be lambasted for this, but Boyle is also one of those guys and we will miss him.
Eminger > Bickel

Staal >>>>>>> Eminger

Staal is close, but even Eminger is better than Bickel who was last years #6

Old
05-01-2013, 10:12 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Eminger > Bickel

Staal >>>>>>> Eminger

Staal is close, but even Eminger is better than Bickel who was last years #6
Moore > Eminger

05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Eminger hasn't done anything this season to make me worried about him logging 10 minutes a game.

They won't have him, or Stralman out against OV. Its going to be 95% Girardi.

If I'm worried about anything, its MDZ's propensity towards giveaways resulting n odd man rushes the other way.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Eminger hasn't done anything this season to make me worried about him logging 10 minutes a game.

They won't have him, or Stralman out against OV. Its going to be 95% Girardi.

If I'm worried about anything, its MDZ's propensity towards giveaways resulting n odd man rushes the other way.
We need Del Zotto for the playoffs, not Del Zaster. Hopefully the former shows up.

05-01-2013, 10:25 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Moore > Eminger
Staal>>>>Moore

I'd much rather have Staal/Bickel than Moore/Eminger.

I'd much rather have Staal/Moore than either of those options.

Edit: This is not a knock on Moore. I think he will be a very good D-man for us for quite a while.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post

I'd much rather have Staal/Moore than either of those options.
That is my point.

Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

McD - Girardi
Staal - DZ
Moore - Stralman

All day.

Old
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
True words. Hoping to hear some good news on Staal and/or Dorsett today
Still non contact jersey for Dorsett. I am shocked he hasn't fully healed yet. I thought for sure he would play the final game vs NJ and here we are almost 5 days later and we can only hope he will be ready for game 1 or 2. Not saying he is gonna make a Staal like difference, but we need the depth and extra grittiness.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:30 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
Still non contact jersey for Dorsett. I am shocked he hasn't fully healed yet. I thought for sure he would play the final game vs NJ and here we are almost 5 days later and we can only hope he will be ready for game 1 or 2. Not saying he is gonna make a Staal like difference, but we need the depth and extra grittiness.
Agreed. I'm hoping for a return in Game 3 at this point. Anything before then will be gravy. Not expecting either Boyle or Clowe this entire series

Can't bet let down if you expect the worst

Old
05-01-2013, 10:32 AM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Agreed. I'm hoping for a return in Game 3 at this point. Anything before then will be gravy. Not expecting either Boyle or Clowe this entire series

Can't bet let down if you expect the worst
Yep exactly. I am expecting the roster we have right now and nothing more. Just gonna have to go and battle with the healthy guys we have. I hope Kreider steps up cause now it seems like no doubt he will get top 9 forward minutes. I hope he clicks with Brassard.
Oh and just a fun fact as pointed out by Brooks in the post today Kreider is actually 5th among current playoff goal scorers on the roster (Staal is tied with him).

Old
05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
16 To Stanley*

Kreider has looked good with more ice time. He just needs to be utilized properly.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Fleury4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
I have always liked Jim Hughson. He's probably my favorite hockey broadcaster.
A thousand times yes to all those guys, Thorne, Hughson, and Clement. I like Pang & Pierre as well on color/ random dude at ice level. Steve Levy wasn't so bad, probably been a decade since he did hockey PBP now.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:37 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
A thousand times yes to all those guys, Thorne, Hughson, and Clement. I like Pang & Pierre as well on color/ random dude at ice level. Steve Levy wasn't so bad, probably been a decade since he did hockey PBP now.
I just don't like how Pierre gets obsessed with guys. Even if it's our own. He literally praises McD like he's god everytime we play. It drives me nuts. Especially since he's had some bad games on NBC.

Pang is pretty good, but not utilized enough. Can't stand Emrick.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:45 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
I really hope injuries aren't our downfall.

I think this team is good enough to go very far...our big names will be tested with three of our regular forwards out. Hopefully they answer the call.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
05-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

You're not looking to win the series on the road the first two games, anyways. Both the Rangers and Caps have a large discrepancy between home and road games.

Don't go down 0-2. It's the key in any series, but when you're on the road a split is a good target.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
While I can appreciate Doc, respect his professionalism and accuracy - I can't stand his voice. I goes right through me. No doubt that his call is tainted for me considering he was the Devils guy for so many years, so i'm definitely biased...

BUT from an objective point of view, and I'm dead serious about this - Even though he is regarded as one of the best in the biz, the NHL seems to put all of its eggs in one basket by having him do EVERY big game, EVERY Olympics, etc. For a non-hockey fan watching, his voice is very annoying. I've heard this from many people.

So i dont necessarily think that he's the best choice for EVERY game, because the new fans the NHL are trying to attract are going to be watching the National games on NBC and some may not be able to take his voice or "get" his call because he's a bit of an "acquired taste"
Agreed. I don't care if an announcer gets every technicality right or if he mispronounces someone's name. Part of it for me is the aesthetic of the sound of the voice, whether the announcer is exciting.

To me, no one has ever beaten Gary Thorne for hockey in this respect.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Kershaw

WTF, I thought we played today?

Now I have no excuse to be unproductive.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:05 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

Does any know if MSG is gonna do those smoke cannon things behind the goal again? Can't say I was a fan of that.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:30 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
You're not looking to win the series on the road the first two games, anyways. Both the Rangers and Caps have a large discrepancy between home and road games.

Don't go down 0-2. It's the key in any series, but when you're on the road a split is a good target.
100% agree.

In fact, you want to take the 1st game on the road as that puts a ton of pressure on the opposing team in their own building.

1-1 split is great, but taking game one in uge.

Closed Thread